PDA

View Full Version : Stefon Diggs: It’s “insane” to think I want more say in play-calling

Woodman
07-27-2023, 12:16 PM
Receiver Stefon Diggs emphatically stated in his press conference on Wednesday that everything is all good between him and the Bills (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-all-is-well-in-the-mafia-household).

But there was something Diggs particularly had an issue with when asked about his potential issues with the club that apparently flared up at the start of last month’s minicamp.

A reporter inquired about what Diggs thought about his role in the offense and potentially wanting more targets. Diggs started off his response with, “Yeah, that is insane (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBOy_NwIqBg).”
“For me to just want more say in the offense, it’s crazy because I play receiver. I don’t care what play is called,” Diggs said. “I can’t get up there and say, ‘Call this.’ It’s a lot of outlandish, obvious things where people [are] throwing [things] out there or people were saying [things] as far as my role. I’ve been a captain on this team for three years — there’s no question about my role and who I am as a player, how hard I work. Those things never had question marks. And you can’t say the same thing for a lot of people in the league.

Stefon Diggs- It's "insane" to think I want more say in play-calling - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/stefon-diggs-its-insane-to-think-i-want-more-say-in-play-calling)

gr8slayer
07-30-2023, 11:58 AM
I never thought he wanted a say in the play calling, but I do assume that he'd like to see the ball go his way more when a pass is called.

Forward_Lateral
07-31-2023, 06:25 AM
I think the issue was totally unrelated to on field stuff, and was likely related to Josh and Diggs personal relationship.

I have no evidence to back this up, and I could be wrong, but it's just what I gathered reading between the lines

DraftBoy
07-31-2023, 07:54 AM
I think the issue was totally unrelated to on field stuff, and was likely related to Josh and Diggs personal relationship.

I have no evidence to back this up, and I could be wrong, but it's just what I gathered reading between the lines

I think the issue is more likely related to Diggs and McDermott personal relationship. You could be right, but McDermott lying about not knowing why Diggs wasn’t at OTA’s after he sent him home is fishy.

notacon
07-31-2023, 02:35 PM
I think the issue is more likely related to Diggs and McDermott personal relationship. You could be right, but McDermott lying about not knowing why Diggs wasn’t at OTA’s after he sent him home is fishy.

I’m not aware of McDermott ever saying he was “...not knowing why Diggs wasn’t at OTA’s....”

The money quote has always been that he was “very concerned” (https://www.nfl.com/news/stefon-diggs-not-at-bills-mandatory-minicamp-hc-sean-mcdermott) about his absence which would still be very relevant and consistent (and honest) if he “sent him (Diggs) home”

If you have a accurate quote with a link...I’m all ears.

Absent of a direct quote, saying McDermott was “lying about not knowing why Diggs wasn't at OTA” is, in and of itself, a lie (or at the last, inaccurate).

cas22
08-01-2023, 08:03 AM
I guess we will see but I don't think its over, right now the team is 0-0 lets see what happens the 1st few times we lose...

OpIv37
08-01-2023, 08:30 AM
I never thought he wanted a say in the play calling, but I do assume that he'd like to see the ball go his way more when a pass is called.

Probably, but every receiver wants the ball more. They all have egos, and many have incentives in their contracts if they meet certain milestones.

Bill Cody
08-01-2023, 10:34 AM
Diggs is a super competitive guy. He wants to win. BADLY. The way the season ended didn't sit well with him or with Josh or probably anyone on the team.

Sure the guy wants the ball more and there are times when quite obviously he SHOULD be getting the ball more. The guy is a stud and he catches everything thrown his way like a Venus Fly Trap. I'm not worried about Diggs.