Andy Isabella working out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Andy Isabella working out

Potentially looking to add more depth on offense, the Buffalo Bills are set to work out former second-round receiver Andy Isabella.

Potentially looking to add more depth on offense, the Buffalo Bills are set to work out former second-round receiver Andy Isabella.
  • ParanoidAndroid
    • Apr 2004

Re: Andy Isabella working out

PS depth?

What are we going to do with all those UDFA receivers?

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

The only thing I remember about Isabella is during the 2019 draft thinking how the heck is this small WR from UMass getting drafted ahead of DK Metcalf?

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

What a great name.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          • Apr 2004

Fast. Was ticking up his second year but nothing to write home about. Then got buried on the Cardinals depth chart.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

All I remember about him is .... "SPEED"

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              The only thing I remember about Isabella is during the 2019 draft thinking how the heck is this small WR from UMass getting drafted ahead of DK Metcalf?
              Why didn't we draft Metcalf????

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Isabella is listed as a 5-foot-9, 188-pound wide out and was a second-round pick by the Arizona Cardinals in the 2019 NFL Draft. Running a 4.31 40-yard dash time at the NFL combine, Isabella is known for his speed and also has experience as a return man.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Who did they release to make room? Or is he taking up one of the PUP spots?
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                    • Apr 2004

I could be wrong but I think we had an available spot.

That said, the receiver room is a bit overcrowded.

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                      I think he's probably taking up one of the PUP spots. Here are the latest transactions:

July 28, 2023 Signed CB Kyron Brown. Waived CB Cam Dantzler with an injury designation. Signed WR Andy Isabella.
                      July 25, 2023 Signed TE Jace Sternberger and RB Darrynton Evans. Placed LBs Von Miller, Tyler Matakevich and DT Jordan Philips on the active/physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Placed RB Nyheim Hines on the reserve/non-football injury list. Released TE Nick Guggemos.

So they've released 2, 3 to PUP, 1 to NFI, and have signed 4. Based on their current roster I'm only counting 88 so I think they still have a couple spots. My guess is Matakevich comes off the PUP soon, but we should see another signing.

Comment

• daryls61
                        I now identify as a robot and my preferred method of transportation is Rickshaw.
                        • Jan 2013

Small but fast as hell.
                        The Things that unite us are far greater than the things that divide us. Just my 2 Cents.

"The Force, it's calling to you. Just let it in." - Maz Kanata: Star Wars VII The Force Awakens

"'Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum." - Winston Scott in John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum

#Cup or Bust 2024 #Bowl or Bust 2024 - It is the way.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                          Originally posted by Ed View Post
                          I think he's probably taking up one of the PUP spots. Here are the latest transactions:

July 28, 2023 Signed CB Kyron Brown. Waived CB Cam Dantzler with an injury designation. Signed WR Andy Isabella.
                          July 25, 2023 Signed TE Jace Sternberger and RB Darrynton Evans. Placed LBs Von Miller, Tyler Matakevich and DT Jordan Philips on the active/physically unable to perform (PUP) list. Placed RB Nyheim Hines on the reserve/non-football injury list. Released TE Nick Guggemos.

So they've released 2, 3 to PUP, 1 to NFI, and have signed 4. Based on their current roster I'm only counting 88 so I think they still have a couple spots. My guess is Matakevich comes off the PUP soon, but we should see another signing.
                          “Active/PUP” counts toward roster size at any and all times.

Active/PUP list: Players are placed on this list during training camp and count toward a team's 90-man roster. Players can be removed from the list at any time during camp, but can't be placed back on the list. Players on this list as of final roster cutdowns must be placed on the Reserve/PUP, released, traded or counted against the 53-man roster.
                          That’s why it’s called “Active/PUP” as opposed to “Reserve/PUP”.

This is the difference between the two...

Reserve/PUP list: Teams must decide by the 53-man roster cutdown deadline (Aug. 30 this season) whether to place a player on this list. Players placed on this list at that time must miss at least the team's first four games -- down from six in seasons prior to 2022. Unlike in the past, players can be activated immediately after such time has elapsed. Any player who is designated Reserve/PUP on or after rosters are reduced to 80 (Aug. 23 this season) will also be subject to the same four-game absence.

Players on the PUP list are paid their entire base salary. A player's contract will not be tolled (meaning the contract will not be suspended and resumed the following season) while on the PUP, unless he is in the last year of his deal and he is both not able to perform football services as of the sixth regular season game and is not activated during that regular season or postseason.
                          Isabella took the spot created when the Bills waived Jalen Wayne yesterday (Friday 7/28/23).

All three, Miller, Phillips and Matakevich are on “Active/PUP” and count toward the 90 man roster.

Right now (I keep my own roster spreadsheet and try to keep it current) there are 13 WR’s on the roster.

Stefon Diggs
                          Gabe Davis
                          Khalil Shakir
                          Deonte Harty
                          Trent Sherfield
                          Justin Shorter
                          Dezmon Patmon
                          KeeSean Johnson
                          Isaiah Coulter
                          Tyrell Shavers
                          Bryan Thompson
                          Marcell Ateman
                          Andy Isabella
                          The Bills usually start the year with six on the 53 man roster. In 2022 they started the with six on 53 man roster and three additional on practice squad.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

Maybe looking for return man competition - two-TD-in-one-game Hynes gone.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Russia Go BOOM! View Post
                              Maybe looking for return man competition - two-TD-in-one-game Hynes gone.
                              Deonte Harty was 1st team All-Pro returner in 2019.

He will almost assuredly take the punt returner job.

With the stupid rule changes for kickoffs meant to increases the number of fair catches to put the ball on the 25, kick returning job is going to be different for sure and hopefully will not be renewed after the 2023 one year trial.

Comment

Working...
                              X