• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Damar Hamlin felt “a little scared”

Hamlin said his first day in pads was tough, and he admitted that he felt some fear about it, but he also said he thinks he has a higher purpose of using the platform of being an NFL player to spread awareness of the importance of learning CPR and the importance of having defibrillators available at all sporting events.
    “In football, you can’t hit that field with no hesitation,” Hamlin said. “You’re putting yourself in more danger by doing that. I made the choice to play, but I’m processing a thousand emotions. I’m not afraid to say that it crosses my mind of being a little scared here and there. But like I say, my strength is rooted in my faith, and my faith is stronger than any fear. That’s what I want to preach up here, and that’s the message I want to spread on to the world. As long as your faith is stronger than your fear, you can get through anything. So that’s what I’m living by right now.”

Damar Hamlin felt "roller coaster of emotions" at practice, says he's "a little scared" - NBC Sports

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Damar Hamlin felt “a little scared”

Can he still play?

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

We're going to find out. Don't blame him for being scared, I think anybody would be.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Whether he makes the final cut or not, good for him to get back on the horse.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Cutting him would be a PR nightmare.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

I mean, who wouldn't be crapping their pants.

The bigger, more important question is, can he get over it? If he can't, he needs to speak up.

Comment

• cas22
              • Jul 2005

im so glad he is 100% healthy and able to get back to what he was doing, as a franchise you have to wonder if he doesn't become a distraction .. the rest of the team might worry at every hit he gives and what if he really isn't good enough to make the team? do they cut him? they are dammed if the do and dammed if they don't..

I was hoping the org. gave him some sort of job in the org. and he not play football again,, it worry's me so im sure everyone else in a bills uni it worry's.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Very tough position to be in ..... hope for the best for Damar and the team.

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

He’s a fringe player. Football is football. What will be will be. Could be an end of a career for 3. If he gets cut, who picks him up with the spectacle of being the guy that died on the field?

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

If he gets cut by the Bills, he gets signed by Pittsburgh.

Tomlin said he has watched him since High School.

Comment

• sukie
                      Seriously?
                      • Sep 2012

Trade him for a 6th.

Comment

• notacon
                        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        He’s a fringe player. Football is football. What will be will be. Could be an end of a career for 3. If he gets cut, who picks him up with the spectacle of being the guy that died on the field?
                        Huh??? He was the starting S for 13 games last season and played extremely well.

- - - Updated - - -

Trade him for a 6th.
                        Such a dumb comment.

Comment

• Turf
                          • Jul 2002

I'm afraid for him and afraid of having another scarred season wasted. The team can't go through that again and I'm not convinced he isn't still prone to it. This a contact sport. How can he unload on anyone without worrying if it will kill him.
                          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            Huh??? He was the starting S for 13 games last season and played extremely well.

- - - Updated - - -

Such a dumb comment.
                            Injury starter. Starter by default. Where do “you” put him on the depth chart.
                            Last edited by sukie; 08-02-2023, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Injury starter. Starter by default. Where do “you” put him on the depth chart.
                              You really do not need to put “you” in quotation marks.....how childish.

Plus the idea that Hamlin was the starter for 13 weeks “out of default” is not rather specious.

When Hyde got injured in week #2 vs Tennessee, Jaquan Johnson mostly replaced him (20 snaps) and Hamlin only 11.

Week #3 vs Miami, Poyer did not play and both Johnson and Hamlin played 100% of defensive snaps. Cam Lewis was activated but sat.

Week #4, vs Baltimore Poyer came back and played 100%. Hamlin took over and played 100%. Both Cam Lewis and Johnson were active but sat.

Week 5, vs Pittsburgh Poyer was hurt again and both Hamlin and Johnson played full games. Cam Lewis spelled Hamlin for 15 snaps.

Week #6, vs KC, Poyer is back and both he and Hamlin play 100%. Johnson sat.

Week #8, vs Green Bay, Hamlin played 100%, Poyer 75%, Johnson 25%.

Week #9, vs Jets, Poyer is hurt again, both Hamlin and Johnson play 100%. Cam Lewis is active but sat. Bills trade for Dean Marlowe (six days before this game) and he was active but also sat.

Week #10, vs Minnesota, Poyer is out again….Hamlin played all but two snaps, and Cam Lewis took his spot and played 79 of 83 snaps (and was on the fateful Jefferson miracle catch) and Jaquan Johnson played only 3 snaps and Dean Marlowe one.

Week #11, vs Cleveland, Poyer is back and both he and Hamlin play 100%. All three Cam Lewis, Jaquan Johnson and Deane Marlowe are active but get zero snaps.

Week #12, vs Detroit, Poyer plays 100%, Hamlin on field all but ONE snap. All three Cam Lewis, Jaquan Johnson and Deane Marlowe are active but get zero snaps.

Week #13, vs NE…. Poyer plays 100%, Hamlin on field all but THREE snaps. Cam Lewis got those three snaps. Jaquan Johnson and Siran Neal are active but get zero snaps. Dean Marlowe is inactive.

Week #14, vs Jets, both Poyer and Hamlin get 100% of snaps. Cam Lewis and Johnson are active but sat. Dean Marlowe is inactive.

Week #15, vs Miami, both Poyer and Hamlin get 100% of snaps. Cam Lewis and Johnson are active but sat. Dean Marlowe is inactive.

Week #16 vs Chicago, Poyer and Hamlin play more than 90%, Cam Lewis and Johnson get five snaps each. Dean Marlowe is inactive.

Week #17 vs Cincy, when Hamlin died on the field did not have any recorded stats since the game did not exist.

Week #18 vs Pats, Poyer plays 100% and Dean Marlowe replaces Hamlin with 100%. Johnson records one snap. Cam Lewis is active but sat.

The facts show that Hamlin beat out several other players at the S position and although it is technically true that he became the “starter” because of Hyde’s injury, to scoff at his performance and value to the team by dismissing is as “starter by default” is specious.

Today, because of his dying on the field, and the arduous and formidable challenge to get back to 100%, I would place Hamlin #4 in the depth chart behind Poyer, Hyde and Rapp. Although he can and will challenge Rapp for that #3 spot.

But, if Hamlin does make it back close to his previous self (which I have little doubt he is capable) he will get plenty of playing time and is the safety the Bills can and will probably rely on to replace either Hyde or Poyer as they approach the end of their careers.

We may see Hamlin and Rapp the starting safeties after Poyer and Hyde (two of the best S in the NFL) are no longer here.

To trade him for a sixth round pick would be dumb and short sighted!!!!
                              Last edited by notacon; 08-03-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X