• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Camp highlights 1st day in pads

Scary moment with Josh Allen on Day 5 of Bills camp highlights 1st day in pads (Observations) - newyorkupstate.com

Deonte Harty blows the doors off in 1v1s

Harty had a nice catch in team drills as Elam failed to react quickly enough to make a play on the speedy wide receiver. Early in 1v1s, Harty lined up against Micah Hyde and the safety had no chance. Harty put on a quick move and then exploded up the field and away from Hyde for a big-time reception. The versatility to Harty’s game has been on display all camp.

O-line shift happens mid-practice

Mitch Morse started with the first-team offense and Ryan Bates was at right guard. After a few periods, Bates moved over to center and rookie O’Cyrus Torrence took over at right guard. It’s unclear if Morse was hurt or if the Bills just wanted to get some looks for Torrence and Bates in their new spots.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Camp highlights 1st day in pads

It’s frightening how dependent we are on Josh. If he goes down for any significant time, it’s over. And I understand that we’re far from the only team in that situation. It’s a QB driven league. The only way to win is to have a star QB who stays healthy for most of the season.

It’s good that Tre is returning to form and Kincaid still looks good in pads.

Sounds like Elam got beat a couple times. That’s not encouraging. We have a good O and I don’t want to make too much out of one practice, but so many of McBeane’s early draft picks have been disappointing. None have been complete busts but they don’t live up to where they were drafted. I’m hoping to see some evidence that Elam will break that mold and I haven’t seen it yet.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      It’s frightening how dependent we are on Josh. If he goes down for any significant time, it’s over.
      That's basically every team. Starting QB goes down, the draft talk begins.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• kingJofNYC
        • Sep 2009

It’s frightening how dependent we are on Josh. If he goes down for any significant time, it’s over. And I understand that we’re far from the only team in that situation. It’s a QB driven league. The only way to win is to have a star QB who stays healthy for most of the season.

Sounds like Elam got beat a couple times. That’s not encouraging. We have a good O and I don’t want to make too much out of one practice, but so many of McBeane’s early draft picks have been disappointing. None have been complete busts but they don’t live up to where they were drafted. I’m hoping to see some evidence that Elam will break that mold and I haven’t seen it yet.
        The thing is that Beane's OL selections have been flat out terrible, so Jackson may be beating out Elam, but we can't have a good O with a bad OL, we have a great QB a great WR and then.....

I heard Brown got worked all day today and all throughout camp so far. I keep reading how our DL is generating big pass rush, I mean it's the same guys as last year plus L.Floyd and minus Von Miller, we did not generate many sacks last year. Yeah, the scheme may be a bit different this year, they're showing mroe pressure looks in camp, but if our DL talent is beating the pants off our OL we are back to where we were last year, Josh scrambling and making plays.

The best season Josh had was when his OL blocked well and D.Williams played above average RT, Brown is awful and the G spot next to him in flux, hopefully the rookie they drafted develops unlike all the other draft picks at the position.

Comment

• GreedoII
          • Aug 2007

as it's frightening for KC is Mahomes goes down or Cin if Burrow stays down as he is currently injured. Those teams do nothing either if they lose them. Period So stop

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
            as it's frightening for KC is Mahomes goes down or Cin if Burrow stays down as he is currently injured. Those teams do nothing either if they lose them. Period So stop
            Maybe I brought this on myself, but nobody actually reads my posts. They just react to their preconceived notion of me.

I fully acknowledged that we aren’t the only team that’s fully dependent on the quarterback in my previous post. It doesn’t change the reality that one awkward collision in camp could bring the whole thing crashing down.

And as far as KC and Cincy specifically, well, Mahomes already got KC two rings. Burrow is still on his rookie contract, so Cincy’s window is bigger than ours.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

This is any NFL team. I think they could manage a few weeks, and maybe eek out wins, but if he goes down for an extended period, it's going to be a season of old for us
              Last edited by Forward_Lateral; 08-02-2023, 08:19 AM.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

It doesn’t change the reality that one awkward collision in camp could bring the whole thing crashing down.
                On Tuesday, the Bills were running a gadget play, with Allen heading out for a pass.

He got tattooed by Taron Johnson, (WTF was he thinking?) and didn't get right up.

Turns out he only had the wind knocked out of him, but you're right.

The way the guy plays is tempting fate.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  On Tuesday, the Bills were running a gadget play, with Allen heading out for a pass.

He got tattooed by Taron Johnson, (WTF was he thinking?) and didn't get right up.

Turns out he only had the wind knocked out of him, but you're right.

The way the guy plays is tempting fate.
                  First of all, why is anyone hitting the QB

Second of all, why are they running gadget plays day 2 of camp?

This is coaching. This should NEVER be happening

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

Don't be surprised that you see the play in regular season. I think --- and agree to - the idea is that they still want the threat of Josh of past years still in defenders mind.

In a way I'm glad this incident happened in camp where Josh is hit by his teammates. It serves as a reminder to Josh, Dorsey of the danger of this kind of play and in particular to Josh to protect himself.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Johnson is lucky Josh didn't anticipate his exuberance or he woulda clobbered his ass 1st.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                      X