PDA

View Full Version : Promising young wrs

Buffalogic
08-12-2023, 02:38 PM
The unit is deep. Isabella is fast. Shorter, Shaver, Patmon, Shakir, they all are looking like they might be players. You can see why they didn’t really budge on Hopkins.

Woodman
08-12-2023, 03:06 PM
We are deep!

Buffalogic
08-12-2023, 04:13 PM
I forgot to mention him but Ateman looked good too.

TigerJ
08-13-2023, 02:39 PM
The problem is, Buffalo will carry 7 WRs on the active roster at most, and probably will carry only 6. Guaranteed locks are Diggs and Davis. Shakir, Harty and Sherfield are close to being locks. Shorter, because he is a draft pick, has the inside track of being #6. All that's left are practice squad berths, and there are probably only 2 or possibly three that Buffalo would assign to WRs. So, if your WRs are Diggs, Davis, Shakir, Harty, Sherfield and Shorter, then Shavers, Patmon, Isabella, Ateman and Keesean Johnson (who also had a good preseason game) are all fighting for 2 or at most 3 spots. None of that bottom group of receivers has any trade value. When cut down day come, some potentially good receivers will be gone.

Historian
08-14-2023, 08:42 AM
I just like seeing these guys come down with the ball in their hands.

I don't care if it's for 3 yards.

That shows me concentration.

Goobylal
08-14-2023, 08:50 AM
Many of the guys cut will end up on other teams. Mostly the Giants.

sukie
08-14-2023, 12:21 PM
Tap the brakes… TAP THEM!

preseason against the Colts.

Night Train
08-17-2023, 05:00 PM
The talk locally is Diggs, Davis, Sherfield and Harty are locks. They want another tall guy I'm guessing behind Davis. Sherfield backs up Diggs and is #3 as of now.. Harty is speed and maybe our primary return guy . Isabella may be the same guy and a practice squad thought.

Shakir is on the bubble. Johnson was here on the PS last year and may have a shot with reportedly good play all summer and fits the size thinking to back up Davis. ST's play may be the key. Shorter may be #6 as a recent pick but must work on his route tree. Has the size they want.

Buffalogic
08-17-2023, 05:14 PM
I think they are going to be forced to keep 7. I think it will be diggs, davis, Sherfield, harty, shakir, Isabella, and shorter. Go back and watch the Miami playoff game from last year. Shakir had some big plays and I don’t think they will give up on him. Shorter stays because he will get claimed off waivers and as such has no path to the ps. Being a 5th round pick this year makes him a virtual lock.

I think how badly we suffered last year from no real slot options, Isabella makes it in based on that. The other guys either have contracts that will keep them like harty or that have played themselves onto the roster like sherfield.

hopefully we can get shavers to the practice squad, but we’re going to lose a few of these guys which is a bit of a bummer because I’d like to see them develop in our system.

ParanoidAndroid
08-17-2023, 06:00 PM
Out of all those guys, I hope Isabella figures it out and then proceeds to have a breakout season. That 4.31 speed would be nice to tap. He's the fastest player on the team right now. Way faster than 5'6" Harty.

Night Train
08-17-2023, 07:22 PM
Harty ran a 4.39 at his pro day in 2019. Not exactly slow. We'll see. The slot idea could be a lot of Kincaid but we'll find out what Dorsey is thinking in September.

ParanoidAndroid
08-18-2023, 09:19 AM
Harty ran a 4.39 at his pro day in 2019. Not exactly slow. We'll see. The slot idea could be a lot of Kincaid but we'll find out what Dorsey is thinking in September.
Hand time at pro day. Add .1 which would jibe with the 4.48 he ran at the combine.

He's not slow, but that .18 is significant.

Bill Cody
08-18-2023, 09:22 AM
I think they are going to be forced to keep 7. I think it will be diggs, davis, Sherfield, harty, shakir, Isabella, and shorter. Go back and watch the Miami playoff game from last year. Shakir had some big plays and I don’t think they will give up on him. Shorter stays because he will get claimed off waivers and as such has no path to the ps. Being a 5th round pick this year makes him a virtual lock.

I think how badly we suffered last year from no real slot options, Isabella makes it in based on that. The other guys either have contracts that will keep them like harty or that have played themselves onto the roster like sherfield.

hopefully we can get shavers to the practice squad, but we’re going to lose a few of these guys which is a bit of a bummer because I’d like to see them develop in our system.

Tell you what if those bubble guys want even a sniff of sticking they had damn well better be effective special teams guys otherwise bye bye

ParanoidAndroid
08-18-2023, 09:34 AM
Last thing...

At this point Harty is a better football player than Isabella but, as it always is this time of year, you see a guy with that kind of potential and you want it for your team.

Bill Cody
08-18-2023, 11:01 AM
Out of all those guys, I hope Isabella figures it out and then proceeds to have a breakout season. That 4.31 speed would be nice to tap. He's the fastest player on the team right now. Way faster than 5'6" Harty.

You can't breakout if you're the 6th or 7th receiver. They will only dress 5. Even the 5th guy may see little or no snaps.

ParanoidAndroid
08-18-2023, 01:07 PM
For sure, he would have to earn more reps.

Buffalogic
08-19-2023, 08:29 PM
Shorter looking good tonight. He’s definitely in.