PDA

View Full Version : Need to trade for a RT

Buffalogic
08-19-2023, 06:22 PM
There’s no way around it. Brown isn’t a starter. He’s going to get Josh killed. They need to make a move and soon.

Patti120
08-19-2023, 06:32 PM
First team o and d did not look good tonight.

kingJofNYC
08-19-2023, 06:44 PM
Kincaid was the receiver that was kind of open on that INT. Kincaid's played well besides a couple of issues, not chipping more to help his overweight LT and the false start. Good showing for the kid, would have been nice if Barkley just threw it up to him 1 on 1 in the endzone instead of throwing into triple coverage.

daryls61
08-20-2023, 10:06 AM
Jason Peters is a FA.

ParanoidAndroid
08-20-2023, 10:26 AM
Jason Peters is done.

But we are in trouble if Quessenberry is out swing tackle Van Demark needs seasoning.

Typ0
08-20-2023, 10:37 AM
80% of our team performance this season is going to be determined by how this position performs. The OLine is starting the season looking like their best player is on IR.

tonyc37
08-20-2023, 10:53 AM
Rr and left guard have been awful so far

BuffaloBlitz83
08-20-2023, 11:20 AM
Jason Peters is done.

But we are in trouble if Quessenberry is out swing tackle Van Demark needs seasoning.

Peters at this stage better than Brown

sukie
08-20-2023, 11:35 AM
Bills need a couple of OLine fillers. Doyle probably done and The Retired guy that’s 2

Typ0
08-20-2023, 11:44 AM
Bills need a couple of OLine fillers. Doyle probably done and The Retired guy that’s 2

We have the fillers ...

OpIv37
08-20-2023, 11:47 AM
There’s no way around it. Brown isn’t a starter. He’s going to get Josh killed. They need to make a move and soon.

With who? I understand the need but teams just don’t have spare RT’s on the roster 3 weeks before the season starts.

This sucks. We are supposed to be SB contenders, but we are back in the drought-era tactics of hoping to fill needs with other teams’ camp cuts.

ParanoidAndroid
08-20-2023, 12:47 PM
Dawkins looks like he's declining, too. I don't like what I'm seeing.

Ingtar33
08-20-2023, 01:02 PM
its preseason. i'm not amazingly worried about anything we saw. o-lines typically struggle till 3rd or 4th week. brown does look like dog**** though. but then he looked like dog**** last year too. so i'm not sure why people are surprised.

Typ0
08-20-2023, 01:45 PM
its preseason. i'm not amazingly worried about anything we saw. o-lines typically struggle till 3rd or 4th week. brown does look like dog**** though. but then he looked like dog**** last year too. so i'm not sure why people are surprised.

Surprised by the complacency not the dog****.

cas22
08-20-2023, 01:58 PM
Risner is still available...

POTLAND PSILBYLO
08-21-2023, 12:05 AM
I thought Brown was pretty good as a rookie. Is it his injury?

Or was he told to suck, just to keep the Jests guessing. I hope it’s the latter.

Told to suck.

YardRat
08-21-2023, 05:47 AM
Rr and left guard have been awful so far

I didn't see McGovern playing poorly, did I miss something?

YardRat
08-21-2023, 05:49 AM
On a side note, if Morse gets another concussion our best offensive lineman going into the season may be a rookie who has never played in a real game.

That's pretty sad.

Forward_Lateral
08-21-2023, 06:27 AM
There should be a bunch of league wide cuts soon, no? There's always a few decent backup linemen, sometimes starters, cut and available

cookie G
08-21-2023, 08:54 AM
Dawkins looks like he's declining, too. I don't like what I'm seeing.

I'd guess Dawkins has put on 30lbs since he was drafted. The spare tire around his middle has went from an SUV sized spare to an offroad Terex Titan sized spare tire. Eating himself out of the league might happen sooner rather than later if he doesn't do something quick.

I went back and watched the debacle yesterday, just focusing on Brown and Dawkins.

Dawkins was beat a number of times in the 1st quarter, as was Brown obviously. Dawkins had people beat him outside on at least 2 or 3 occasions, in one quarter.

Brown's beat downs...damned, some are covered up. He was beat 2x to the inside on a spin move. Both times Torrence came in to help and took away the beat down. The play where he was called for holding...idk..I'll take a holding call in preseason over a hit on our franchise QB.

With Brown, he never seems to absorb the first hit very well. It was a problem with him at the Senior Bowl before he was drafted. And it hasn't gotten better...he's taking on guys while he's standing straight up with little balance. IDK, maybe with the back problems he can't bend.

But both actually played better in the 2nd quarter. Dawkins was flying out of his stance...maybe getting beat to the outside triggered some inner pride in him. IDK if Brown gave up a hurry in the2nd Q. Of course, Watt was out of the game by then.

PS. Someone at Cover 1 did a great film breakdown of Torrence in the Pitt thrashing. He's playing well beyond his rookie status. Its the little things he's doing.

Saratoga Slim
08-21-2023, 09:09 AM
Isn't he a Guard? I like where we're at on the interior.

Saratoga Slim
08-21-2023, 09:20 AM
I'm psyched about Torrence. And I suspect Brown's back is a/the problem. He had that one practice a week or two ago where he left the field looking like he had a ramrod up his butt. Seems like it's still an issue. And if you already have difficulty getting your pads low because you're 6'8", any kind of a back problem probably exacerbates that

ghz in pittsburgh
08-21-2023, 10:25 AM
I actually watched some Dawkins and Kincaid away from the focused analysis.

I'd say nothing changed for Dawkins for what I recall last year: speed rushers are giving him issues on outside moves. He's always been pretty good with inside moves but had enough speed on his feet to cut off the outside rushers angle looping back in. Now he looked to be a 3/4 step slower and can't really reach out to punch the guy out of balance.

Kincaid? One on one, I don't know anyone can cover him based on that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1apDLO3OYg&feature=youtu.be

Buffalogic
08-21-2023, 09:03 PM
Keep your eye on Josh Jones of the cardinals. Last year of rookie deal and he’s not going to start for them due to signing the incumbent tackle. Would be a nice piece for us and we can get a good year out of him before deciding if he’s the long term answer. Only 26 and plays tackle well.

we’ve dealt with the cards before with the Cody ford trade. Something to monitor.

Woodman
08-22-2023, 07:51 AM
Keep your eye on Josh Jones of the cardinals. Last year of rookie deal and he’s not going to start for them due to signing the incumbent tackle. Would be a nice piece for us and we can get a good year out of him before deciding if he’s the long term answer. Only 26 and plays tackle well.

we’ve dealt with the cards before with the Cody ford trade. Something to monitor.

Wouldn't mind something like that at all.

Historian
08-22-2023, 08:50 AM
Historically, the Bills had good offensive lines:

During the AFL Championship years.

During the Electric company.

During the SB years.

In between, it seems we've never had anything but retreads, last cut-down players, and draft picks that never panned out.

I think of letting Peters go.....bringing in Conrad Dobler....the Mike Williams debacle.

It's frustrating.

Especially when you have thoroughbreds at the QB and receiver positions.

sukie
08-23-2023, 07:11 AM
Those three eras when we had great Olines… what was the salary cap and this thing called Free Agency?

notacon
08-23-2023, 12:31 PM
Giving up on Spence Brown too early should be a HUGE mistake.

The Bills gave up on Wyatt Teller too early.

He has all the tools to be great. Time will tell.

Forward_Lateral
08-23-2023, 12:41 PM

Brown has been awful. He got Allen hurt last year.

They can't afford to wait around to see if Brown pans out or not. He's shown nothing to prove that he's anything but a backup.

kscdogbillsfan1221
08-23-2023, 12:42 PM

i hear you, but Wyatt only had 7 games as a bills starter
Spencer brown has had 24. much bigger sample size to be concerned about IMO.

cas22
08-23-2023, 12:43 PM

not even close, Teller played 7 games at the end of his rookie year then got traded in the off season. this is year 3 for Brown ...

YardRat
08-23-2023, 05:30 PM
Historically, the Bills had good offensive lines:

During the AFL Championship years.

During the Electric company.

During the SB years.

In between, it seems we've never had anything but retreads, last cut-down players, and draft picks that never panned out.

I think of letting Peters go.....bringing in Conrad Dobler....the Mike Williams debacle.

It's frustrating.

Especially when you have thoroughbreds at the QB and receiver positions.

Dobler played well for us in his two years here, one of the reasons Knox was able to get the team into the playoffs.

notacon
08-24-2023, 12:29 PM
i hear you, but Wyatt only had 7 games as a bills starter
Spencer brown has had 24. much bigger sample size to be concerned about IMO.

Good point. But Brown had off season back surgery last year. The point is to not give up on players too quickly.

Fickle Bills “fans” are not the the ones I trust to evaluate player potential as opposed to coaches.

Forward_Lateral
08-24-2023, 12:38 PM
Good point. But Brown had off season back surgery last year. The point is to not give up on players too quickly.

Fickle Bills “fans” are not the the ones I trust to evaluate player potential as opposed to coaches.

it's not "fickle" when the guy flat out stunk. He was literally one of the worst rated Offensive Tackles in the entire league last year. Maybe he will bounce back, but he's looked pretty bad so far in preseason action.

Oaf
08-24-2023, 12:46 PM
It's not about giving up—it's about having an actual backup plan for the riskiest (lowest floor—as we've seen), highest-cost (getting JA killed) starter on the team.

cas22
08-24-2023, 01:33 PM

I wouldn't say giving up,, just upgrade the position, saying we have the right tackle spot taking care seems to be the issue with the ORG. I really believe that Beans scout team has trouble grading or knowing what good talent is in the trench's on both sides of the ball. Dawkins was a Whaley scouting dept find and Morse was a free agent signing and Morse has been the only free agent o-lineman that has stuck... Beane has been flat out terrible at grading o-line talent... lets cross our fingers on Torrence but he looks like he could end up being our best o-lineman.

Forward_Lateral
08-24-2023, 04:49 PM
What is Beane doing. Arizona just traded Josh Jones for a 7th.

Buffalogic
08-24-2023, 05:06 PM
What is Beane doing. Arizona just traded Josh Jones for a 7th.Dammit what the hell seriously. It was a 5th but still. Do that.