PDA

View Full Version : 4 Moves plus one hopeful to make this thing right

Cali512
08-20-2023, 11:15 AM
1. The hopeful. Hopefully Bernard is worthy of starting when he comes back. I cant see us doing well with Dodson or Klein this year. Bernard was doing very well during camp and was usually getting the most hype out of the group
2. RT is definitely a huge concern, but we have no alternative. I wouldnt mind a Peters just for depth reasons but its set. I think we need to try Bates at LG because Torrence is SET at RG. Torrence has been the best player on this team all preseason and seems to be fitting in well. Dawkins-Bates-Morse-Torrence-Brown (with one legit depth)
3. QB2. Right now Wentz, Ryan are free agents. I genuinely dont care about how we "feel" about these 2. With our weapons on offense, if we need to win 3-4 games at some point, i feel much more comfortable with these guys than anyone else. Fitzpatrick is also retired but i wouldnt mind bringing him back if something happens to allen and it goes to ****. KC has 3 backups playing great this preseason, SF has 4 QBs so one will be the odd man out. I have no confidence in barkley or Allen but wouldnt mind us having Barkley as our emergency 3 which we can have now
4. CB2 needs to just go to Dane and allow Elam to get starts here and there during matchups where he would need to be man to man. Id look at it more of White-Elam and Dane-Benford as starter/backup then anything else. White needs rest and have Elam come in and same with Dane to Benford.

I feel we can maybe find a trade parter if we put Settle/Basham/Lewis/Shakir on the block where we could possibly get a depth tackle. A lot of teams have issues in their interior and we are overloaded in that area, Shakir could get some value by a team like the giants or a team like the texans.

Its not a lost cause and we had some bright spots so far. Williams/Torrence/Kincaid all look very good and worth drafting, Neal has been great, Cook looks good, our receiver depth has been amazing. But we have a couple holes that we may have the opportunity to fill