X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

I want Grier

He just had a 4 td, 300+ preseason game and looked amazing. Hell be cut tomorrow, and we need a developmental young QB. Kyle Allen isnt cutting it, Grier can move and hes a big QB with a good arm. Sign him tomorrow as our 3rd QB and let him sit behind Josh for a couple years
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: I want Grier

if he looked so amazing why will he get cut

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
      if he looked so amazing why will he get cut
      Because...dallas already announced it before the game?? When they traded for lance..
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Turf
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        Because...dallas already announced it before the game?? When they traded for lance..
        We’re so far down the pecking pole we’d probably have to trade for him. I agree would take a shot at him.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Pre season wonders are a dime a dozen.

Will Grier did play in 2 regular season games. One start in his rookie year with Carolina vs. Indy in 2019.

We had a dismally bad game. He threw for 224 yards with no TD’s and three INT’s....a dismal 46.0 passer rating. Interestingly, he replaced the turnover prone Kyle Allen who had 13 starts that year (replacing the injured Cam Newton) and ended the 2019 season with 17 TD and 16 INTS.

The game before Grier threw his 3 INT’s, Allen threw three as well.

Grier started the next game (last regular season game for the pitiful Panthers) vs New Orleans and promptly stunk up the place with three 3-and-outs. On the fourth drive he fumbled the ball away after throwing two more incompletions .

Inexplicable, he was left in the game for the FIFTH drive and on the first play threw a PICK-SIX INT. STILL coming out as QB on the SIXTH drive, he threw another incompletion (he went 1/8 for 4 yards for the game) and finished his day with a sack on 3rd and 10.

Mercifully, Grier injured his foot and was replaced by Kyle Allen. Finishing his day with a 0.0 passer rating.

He did not get another snap with Carolina after that, on their practice squad for the next two seasons until he was released after pre season in 2021, and claimed off waivers by Dallas. He was on their practice squad and never got any regular season snaps.

28 years old is a little late for a “developmental” QB, and he’s not “young" either....entering his fifth NFL season.

Since he has four “accrued seasons” he will not be subject to waivers but is a FA as soon as Dallas officially releases him.

He’d be fine for the practice squad.

The Bills need an experienced backup QB who will not wilt under the spotlight. Mentioned in the press is Case Keenum. THAT would be a good move for the Bills.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
            Pre season wonders are a dime a dozen.

Will Grier did play in 2 regular season games. One start in his rookie year with Carolina vs. Indy in 2019.

We had a dismally bad game. He threw for 224 yards with no TD’s and three INT’s....a dismal 46.0 passer rating. Interestingly, he replaced the turnover prone Kyle Allen who had 13 starts that year (replacing the injured Cam Newton) and ended the 2019 season with 17 TD and 16 INTS.

The game before Grier threw his 3 INT’s, Allen threw three as well.

Grier started the next game (last regular season game for the pitiful Panthers) vs New Orleans and promptly stunk up the place with three 3-and-outs. On the fourth drive he fumbled the ball away after throwing two more incompletions .

Inexplicable, he was left in the game for the FIFTH drive and on the first play threw a PICK-SIX INT. STILL coming out as QB on the SIXTH drive, he threw another incompletion (he went 1/8 for 4 yards for the game) and finished his day with a sack on 3rd and 10.

Mercifully, Grier injured his foot and was replaced by Kyle Allen. Finishing his day with a 0.0 passer rating.

He did not get another snap with Carolina after that, on their practice squad for the next two seasons until he was released after pre season in 2021, and claimed off waivers by Dallas. He was on their practice squad and never got any regular season snaps.

28 years old is a little late for a “developmental” QB, and he’s not “young" either....entering his fifth NFL season.

Since he has four “accrued seasons” he will not be subject to waivers but is a FA as soon as Dallas officially releases him.

He’d be fine for the practice squad.

The Bills need an experienced backup QB who will not wilt under the spotlight. Mentioned in the press is Case Keenum. THAT would be a good move for the Bills.

Using starts from a rookie mid round pick 4 years ago is just as meaningless as his last preseason game. Hes allowed to improve in 4 seasons. If you watch those games vs yesterday, hes A LOT more comfortable with his motion and movement in the pocket

No reason to not add him to the PS. We could do worse than him. See how he develops then eventually see if he moves up the depth chart when put on the roster

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
              Using starts from a rookie mid round pick 4 years ago is just as meaningless as his last preseason game. Hes allowed to improve in 4 seasons. If you watch those games vs yesterday, hes A LOT more comfortable with his motion and movement in the pocket

No reason to not add him to the PS. We could do worse than him. See how he develops then eventually see if he moves up the depth chart when put on the roster
              Using starts from a rookie mid round pick 4 years ago is NOT "just as meaningless as his last preseason game”.

But, I’m not crapping on your excitement.....just bringing some reality in an effort to tap the brakes.

I do agree that there is “No reason to not add him to the PS. We could do worse than him.”. It’s just that it is very low on the priority list right now. We need a viable backup QB TODAY!!! Kyle Allen does not still any comfort for a Super Bowl contending team.

And I found it extremely interesting that they both played for Carolina and took turns stinking it up, although at least Kyle Allen had more starts and did perform at an acceptable level as a 13 game starter in 2019....winning five of those games.

Maybe Grier has “improved”....though not enough to get him off the practice squad for 3 years, going on four. He may develop into a decent backup QB, someday. Lots of QB’s can and will too.

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                Using starts from a rookie mid round pick 4 years ago is NOT "just as meaningless as his last preseason game”.

But, I’m not crapping on your excitement.....just bringing some reality in an effort to tap the brakes.

I do agree that there is “No reason to not add him to the PS. We could do worse than him.”. It’s just that it is very low on the priority list right now. We need a viable backup QB TODAY!!! Kyle Allen does not still any comfort for a Super Bowl contending team.

And I found it extremely interesting that they both played for Carolina and took turns stinking it up, although at least Kyle Allen had more starts and did perform at an acceptable level as a 13 game starter in 2019....winning five of those games.

Maybe Grier has “improved”....though not enough to get him off the practice squad for 3 years, going on four. He may develop into a decent backup QB, someday. Lots of QB’s can and will too.

Fair

Comment

Working...
                X