PDA

View Full Version : Reid Ferguson day

Cali512
08-29-2023, 08:22 PM
Tomorrow should forever be known as Reid Ferguson day

Every year we cut him just so he can wait at OBD on wednesday to wait for us to sign him again (helps move players around on tuesday). I propose we call wednesday "Reid Ferguson day"

Aside from Reid Ferguson, who do you think well sign tomorrow?

YardRat
08-29-2023, 09:15 PM
We shouldn't sign anybody, that would take away some of the glory of Reid Ferguson Day.

JoeMama
08-29-2023, 09:26 PM
Reid Ferguson should change his number just so super fan Dr Lecter has to buy a new jersey every year.

Granted, he’ll never love a long snapper as much as Garrison Sanborn or Jon Dorenbos ever again. But we can dream.

Ed
08-29-2023, 09:40 PM
Reid Ferguson should change his number just so super fan Dr Lecter has to buy a new jersey every year.

Granted, he’ll never love a long snapper as much as Garrison Sanborn or Jon Dorenbos ever again. But we can dream.
Ferguson tried to change his number this year to 0 when the league announced that players could wear 0, but Nyheim Hines got it.

Saratoga Slim
08-30-2023, 10:53 AM
My kids are big Reid fans. But I hesitate to buy them ‘69’ jerseys due to the inevitable commentary about that number. Not quite ready to have my 8 and 10 year old learning about ‘positions’

notacon
08-30-2023, 11:56 AM
Tomorrow should forever be known as Reid Ferguson day

Every year we cut him just so he can wait at OBD on wednesday to wait for us to sign him again (helps move players around on tuesday). I propose we call wednesday "Reid Ferguson day"

Aside from Reid Ferguson, who do you think well sign tomorrow?

:rofl: Yep. The Bills front office and Reid have a special relationship.

Being a vested vet (so no waivers) in a relatively low priority position cutting him to allow young players they want to protect from getting taken by some other team before they are put on IR is a no-cost maneuver that benefits the team and probably puts a few extra bucks in his pocket with a “signing” bonus. Win-win.

I think AJ Klein is the next vet that re-signs.

Baylon Spector and Justin Shorter will most likely be the two that go on post-53 man roster IR.

Reid and AJ Klein being “cut” made room of theses two youngsters to avoid waivers.

There is talk that Shakir may go on IR as well, making room to re-sign Andy Isabella.