X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BLUTO
    • Mar 2017

Josh Allen slow release

It's become fairly obvious that Josh can't make the quick, accurate throws. He's a wind-up QB with a big arm. Has the NFL caught up to him?
  • sahlensguy
    • Mar 2015

Re: Josh Allen slow release

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
    It's become fairly obvious that Josh can't make the quick, accurate throws. He's a wind-up QB with a big arm. Has the NFL caught up to him?
    Too many head shots.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

That didn't happen in this game. He completed 70% of his passes. He didn't make mistakes until he threw long.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

The Josh Allen we saw tonight, is the Josh Allen that will rear his ugly head a few times per season.

You have to understand that that is just who the guy is and you're gonna have to take these types of game from time to time.

He has more good games than poor games, so it's just hoping the poor games don't pop up during inopportune times.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
          The Josh Allen we saw tonight, is the Josh Allen that will rear his ugly head a few times per season.

You have to understand that that is just who the guy is and you're gonna have to take these types of game from time to time.

He has more good games than poor games, so it's just hoping the poor games don't pop up during inopportune times.
          When was the last time we consistently saw guys catching the ball in stride instead of turning for it? Is Tua and Hill innovators? I wasn’t thrilled with Dorsey last season and will admit reluctantly… I missed donuts… but this is year 2 with 15 games of poorly called. Games that we still won the vast majority of… those ugly wins…. Ther is a lack of patience that kills me.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I don't think Allen has a slow release, but he definitely looked a little slower in general last night. Not sure if he bulked up in the offseason to take the hits of the year, but at least on TV he didn't look as dangerous taking off. It could have also been a really fast and good Jets defense.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I don't think the release, which really isn't slow to begin with, is much of a factor. It's his decision-making, he hasn't shown growth in that area in 2-3 seasons now.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jeff1220
                H to the 12:20
                • Jul 2002

Three bad, boneheaded passes lost this game, not a slow release.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

it's probably because his hair is longer is my guess.
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

All that talk about how laser focused Allen was coming into the 2023 season fell awfully flat Monday night. He was, in a word, awful against the Jets. Throwing into double coverage down the middle of the field, not once, but twice. To be fair, the Bills’ offensive line is no match for the Jets’ defensive front, but that doesn’t totally excuse Allen. According to football analyst Warren Sharp, Allen was pressured on just 26% of his dropbacks Monday, which was the 10th-lowest of any quarterback in Week 1. Despite that, he was hit nine times (third most) and sacked five times (fifth most). That speaks to decision making. Allen went 8 of 9 for 54 yards in the first quarter, then finished the game 21 of 32, averaging 5.7 yards per attempt and throwing three picks in the process. Stefon Diggs looked every bit the part of a No. 1 receiver, finishing with 10 catches for 102 yards and a touchdown, but he didn’t get much help, as nobody else finished with more than four catches.’

~ BuffaloNews

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                      Three bad, boneheaded passes lost this game, not a slow release.
                      The fumble was the worst. Almost as bad as the Minny debacle last year.

Having the ball with 4 min left and a three point lead is a PERFECT position to be in. Run the clock, dink and dunk up the field, score a TD to seal the game or kick a FG with hardly any time left and go home with a road win. Either way, it was a moment that Josh has stepped up more than he’s ****ed up.

He plain old ****ed up last night.

What I wrote in another thread is relevant to what we saw last night....

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                      A fairly typical week #1 in the NFL.

I’m extremely cautious on what to glean, good or bad, for any team in week 1 for the rest of the season.

I suspect much of this is the result of the training camp being more like nursery school than getting ready for a NFL football season....mainly in a response to the 17 game regular season. The last CBA (2020) had these changes for training camp as highlighted by ESPN...
                      How's training camp going to work under the new deal?

The players got some concessions here as well, although not to the extent that vocal anti-17-gamers such as Aaron Rodgers were seeking in last week's meeting with NFL owners. There will be a limit of 16 padded practices in camp, and no more than three in a row. (The previous limit was 28, and no restrictions on consecutive days except built-in days off.) There will be a five-day "acclimation period" at the start of camp with restrictions on the types of activities permitted. After the acclimation period, players can be on the field for no more than four hours per day between their two practices, and no practice can last longer than 2.5 hours. Players are not allowed to be at the team facility for more than 12 hours in any given day, and that number decreases in subsequent seasons. And in any 17-game season, players will get a mandatory "bye week" after the third preseason game.

Teams also are not permitted to add any padded practices in the regular season once the season expands to 17 games.
                      Couple this with tens of millions of dollars being spent on the best players, they hardly get any game level work before the season starts as teams (smartly) would rather put them in bubble wrap and wait to expose them to real football until the games count.

In today’s NFL, it’s more realistic to judge the first few games of the season as the real “preseason”.
                      Josh needs to get the early season cobwebs cleaned out...

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

He fumbled with the game tied, they weren't winning.

He handed the Jets the go ahead FG

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          I don't think Allen has a slow release, but he definitely looked a little slower in general last night. Not sure if he bulked up in the offseason to take the hits of the year, but at least on TV he didn't look as dangerous taking off. It could have also been a really fast and good Jets defense.
                          I noticed that too - even his face looks different, like he put on weight
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• cas22
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by BLUTO View Post
                            thats not the problem ,, when they did that soul and science on Allen his release time was as fast as Tom Bradys,,, its his brain thats the problem, and coaching,,, where was the coach's getting into his face like Daboll did ??? they let Josh do what Josh wants to do,,,, this coaching staff in general is to soft....

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              He fumbled with the game tied, they weren't winning.

He handed the Jets the go ahead FG
                              Old man brain fart. Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Working...
                              X