I've sobered up just a bit so lets put the razors and rope back in the drawer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gibby 2.0
    Did you ever hear about the healing power of laughter?
    • Oct 2019

I've sobered up just a bit so lets put the razors and rope back in the drawer

Okay. Believe it or not, there were actually some good things in this game:

Lets see, Kincaid and Cook look like upgrades at their positions
    The pass rush was a lot more aggressive than it has been in recent years

There were also reasons to be pessimistic:

The OL looked like a turnstyle. No, it looked like KC Streetcar. Open up the door and rush through
    The run defense was lacking
    Special teams looked suspect
    Allen was clearly rattled. By late in the second quarter he looked lost.
    Dorsey looked like his playcalling regressed.

This one reminded me of something? Cincy in the playoffs? Well. . . . No. We were never in position to win that game. They just kicked our asses all game long. No, this game reminded me of the 2021 season opener against Pittsburgh. Remember that one? For those with short memories, Steelers won 23-17 after we had a 10 point lead. Same kinda **** too. Line got slapped silly, Allen got rattled, and the wheels fell off only for a special teams miscue to cost the game.

The prognosis? 12-5, heartbreaking loss in the post season.

Who does McD remind me of? Some say Marvin Lewis. Others say Marty Ball. No, sorry. not at all. The real name is Jack Pardee. Seriously watch the 1990-93 Oilers yearbooks on youtube. Those Oiler teams were something special. This is going to get me flack for saying this, but the 1991 Houston Oilers were probably -talent wise - the most complete team in the AFC and would have been a better matchup in the Superbowl against Washington than Buffalo (Bruce, Seals, Leonard Smith, and our defense was injury plagued that year) or Denver (a dominant defensive team, but with no offense), but year after year Jack Pardee's guys would get bounced in the wildcard or divisional round. Why? Because despite all that talent, they had coaching that was in over its head. The early 90s Oilers were notorious for their lack of discipline. They were infamous for their poor coaching. Their offense? Well, as Urinatingtree has noted, the Run and Shoot had no offswitch. It either went full speed or it stalled out. Dorsey is very much like Kevin Killdrive in that regard. So yeah, I think the Bills will rebound and make the playoffs. They may even win the division again. However, in the playoffs its going to be 0-1 and 1-1 again.
    Insert whimsical line here
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: I've sobered up just a bit so lets put the razors and rope back in the drawer

WAY too early to making such assumptions from the first game off the season.

Good or bad, overreactions from week #1 is grossly premature.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

Re: I've sobered up just a bit so lets put the razors and rope back in the drawer

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      WAY too early to making such assumptions from the first game off the season.

Good or bad, overreactions from week #1 is grossly premature.
      One game?

You can't see the evidence from time and time again Mr. Blind Homer?

UGH.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        One game?

You can't see the evidence from time and time again Mr. Blind Homer?

UGH.
        What baloney.

13-3 season last year. Second most wins of any team in the NFL the past several seasons.

You don’t seem to even know what “Homer” even means.

But it’s sure easy to see what a Negative Nancy looks like.

Comment

Working...
        X