• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Allen Post Game Comments

In the postgame news conference, Josh Allen had the following to say per The Buffalo News:
    "I hurt our team tonight,” Allen said after the game. “I cost our team tonight. It feels eerily similar to last year, and I hate that it’s the same. I do.”
    “Trying to force the ball,” Allen said on his turnovers. “Same (stuff), same place, different day.”
    He clearly knows what the issue and that it can't happen, but his inability to address it is very concerning. We heard all offseason about his growth and how he was learning from his mistakes from last year. How the UCL injury impacted him more than we knew and the first game out of the shoot is one of his career worst which showed more regression than we ever saw last year.

Yes, he gets credit for taking full responsibility and he's never had an issue with that.

As NYUpstate.com Beat Writer Ryan Talbot wrote on Twitter:

The reality is that last night was inexcusable and despite Allen knowing what's wrong he can't seem to stop making the same mistakes. It's just one game and we all know how good Allen can be, but this kind of play needs to have accountability for the QB, the Head Coach, the Offensive Coordinator, and the GM. I'm not calling for heads, but that was ****ing embarrassing last night and Pegula needs to be paying attention.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Allen Post Game Comments

No kidding. Most of us knew what the post-game comments were going to be shortly after halftime. It's like Groundhog Day.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

Yea the cliches are getting old.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

i'm gonna say something unpopular. (since it's taboo to criticize Josh Allen to other Bills fans)

but it may be time to look to the future at QB the next draft or two if he can't stop getting out of his own way, or at least find coaching that's gonna hold him accountable because he walks on water to them.
        He just isn't learning from his mistakes and I'm getting sick of it. The danger to this, of course is qb purgatory which was most of the drought problem. But something has got to give.
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Good arm/athlete, poor QB. Never saw such a me first performance by such a talent. Doesn't look like he works at the craft of being a QB much. He's done. Trade him now (will never happen).

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            Good arm/athlete, poor QB. Never saw such a me first performance by such a talent. Doesn't look like he works at the craft of being a QB much. He's done. Trade him now (will never happen).
            it feels like he put in the work the first 3-4 seasons/offseasons and now is just winging it, hoping for the best. Last night was the final straw for me. He's clearly plateaued/regressing. I'd love to be wrong, but it's time to start looking elsewhere.
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

STFU Josh. We already knew it. Do something about it dumb ass.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                i'm gonna say something unpopular. (since it's taboo to criticize Josh Allen to other Bills fans)

but it may be time to look to the future at QB the next draft or two if he can't stop getting out of his own way, or at least find coaching that's gonna hold him accountable because he walks on water to them.
                He just isn't learning from his mistakes and I'm getting sick of it. The danger to this, of course is qb purgatory which was most of the drought problem. But something has got to give.
                That's crazy. He's a top 5 qb. He's got issues but you can win with him. Plus did we forget his contract.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
                  That's crazy. He's a top 5 qb. He's got issues but you can win with him. Plus did we forget his contract.
                  agree with the last sentence
                  not so sure about the boldened part anymore. He's going the wrong way, fast.
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
                    McD/Dorsey will not/can not win with Allen. Trade Allen now or make a wholesale coaching change now. Neither will happen.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                      it feels like he put in the work the first 3-4 seasons/offseasons and now is just winging it, hoping for the best. Last night was the final straw for me. He's clearly plateaued/regressing. I'd love to be wrong, but it's time to start looking elsewhere.
                      Last night was a franchise soul sucking performance from Allen. Going the wrong way fast while lacking the organizational structure to reverse the course, with what now looks to be, one of the worst contracts in the league.

Comment

• Prov401
                        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                        • Aug 2008

Josh has a problem playing the Jets. Especially in New York. Reminds me of Brady in Miami. I'd rather get Allen's 'favre' game out of the way early than later on in the season. I was more disappointed in our loss against the Steelers 2 years ago. The AFC's big three all fell down in Week 1. Plenty of football left.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                          McD/Dorsey will not/can not win with Allen. Trade Allen now or make a wholesale coaching change now. Neither will happen.
                          Yeah.

How about a trade to New England?

No?

This is really dumb post loss talk.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

I wish I could see the film and see what he missed or forced, or whether anyone was in fact getting open.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

He started out disciplined taking what was given.

He has to learn patience let it (THE GAME) come to him.

AND HIS COACH NEEDS TO GO FOR IT ON 4TH AND 2 ON THE OPENING DRIVE.

AND HIS COACH NEEDS TO TAKE A PENALTY INSTEAD OF DECLINING IT AND GIVING THE OPPONENT A VERY MAKABLE 43 YARD FG ..... WHEN ****ING POINTS ARE SO HARD TO COME BY.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X