PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers

Historian
09-12-2023, 06:05 AM
It looks as if it's a torn Achilles tendon.

If that's the case, at 39, his career is over.

The odd thing is, it was a fairly innocuous tackle.

He almost set him down....and this happens.

Weird.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2023, 06:12 AM
yea, that's the danger in relying on a 39 year old 18 year vet free agent to be your savior.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2023, 06:25 AM
I hope he becomes an advocate for getting rid of turf.

ParanoidAndroid
09-12-2023, 07:36 AM
Everyone should play outside on Bermuda grass with leather helmets.

Novacane
09-12-2023, 07:39 AM
I'd rather be a Bills fan than a Jets fan this morning. Nothings changed for them now with Rodgers injured. Zach Wilson beat us last year in the Meadowlands. They're probably to dumb to figure that out but they will soon enough.

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2023, 07:48 AM
Turf is trash. His foot was stuck in the turf and all that weight in him snapped it.

Not A fan of him, he seems like a dick, but that’s a shame. Hate to see anyone injured like that.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 08:55 AM
Turf sucks period.

If this was it for Rodgers he had a great career.

Strange dude though.

notacon
09-12-2023, 10:56 AM

There is little doubt that Rodgers would probably not have gotten such a severe injury if this game was on grass. It’s easy to se how his foot got stuck on turf, when if on grass, almost assuredly, it would have given way and produce a divot like on a golf course fairway.

The subject of how many more games he was going to play on crappy turf this year as compared to Green Bay (one of the best NFL grass fields in the so-called “tundra”) has turned out to be an omen.

The whole league knew that MetLife had one of the worst field surfaces in the NFL and the decision to put in an all new field for 2023 improved it...although going from total crap turf to marginally better acceptable crap turf is not a real solution.

Amazingly, the new turf field is just temporary because they MUST install a grass field to host the World Cup in 2026 because the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) has BANNED turf for World Cup matches.

Why not put in a grass field NOW instead of waiting until 2026???? The lame excuse is going to be the difficulties of having two teams play on the same field. Of course, that is party bullcrap since, using the right material (hybrid/grass for example) and spending enough money is the solution.

Bill Cody
09-12-2023, 11:00 AM
There is little doubt that Rodgers would probably not have gotten such a severe injury if this game was on grass. It’s easy to se how his foot got stuck on turf, when if on grass, almost assuredly, it would have given way and produce a divot like on a golf course fairway.

The subject of how many more games he was going to play on crappy turf this year as compared to Green Bay (one of the best NFL grass fields in the so-called “tundra”) has turned out to be an omen.

The whole league knew that MetLife had one of the worst field surfaces in the NFL and the decision to put in an all new field for 2023 improved it...although going from total crap turf to marginally better acceptable crap turf is not a real solution.

Amazingly, the new turf field is just temporary because they MUST install a grass field to host the World Cup in 2026 because the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) has BANNED turf for World Cup matches.

Why not put in a grass field NOW instead of waiting until 2026???? The lame excuse is going to be the difficulties of having two teams play on the same field. Of course, that is party bullcrap since, using the right material (hybrid/grass for example) and spending enough money is the solution.

Agree. Penny wise and pound foolish.

Bill Cody
09-12-2023, 11:22 AM
I think Rodgers will be back. You have to understand who he is. Sure he's very sad/disappointed to have been hurt. And as much as I dislike the guy I'm sad for him, never like to see ANY turf related injury for ANY player.

But he will be back. Mainly because he'll be in the spotlight as he beats the odds and comes back to rescue the Jets. Aaron is ALWAYS the star in his own movie- in this case the movie is "Rocky". Age won't stop him. He looks at Brady playing until he's 45 and thinks "I'm better than Brady, I'm in better shape than Brady, this is not a problem".

John Doe
09-12-2023, 05:39 PM
Well, he is fully immunized so he has that going for him.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 05:46 PM
I think Rodgers will be back. You have to understand who he is. Sure he's very sad/disappointed to have been hurt. And as much as I dislike the guy I'm sad for him, never like to see ANY turf related injury for ANY player.

But he will be back. Mainly because he'll be in the spotlight as he beats the odds and comes back to rescue the Jets. Aaron is ALWAYS the star in his own movie- in this case the movie is "Rocky". Age won't stop him. He looks at Brady playing until he's 45 and thinks "I'm better than Brady, I'm in better shape than Brady, this is not a problem".

Estimated time for recovery a full recovery ...... I heard is about two years .... due to the severity ..... if that's true he's done imo.

YardRat
09-12-2023, 05:46 PM
Marino tore his achilles on natural grass in Cleveland.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 05:47 PM

The Jets HC believe's that the injury had little to nothing to do with the turf.

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 11:27 AM
Estimated time for recovery a full recovery ...... I heard is about two years .... due to the severity ..... if that's true he's done imo.

Ok. So when Rodgers returns you have to switch your Josh Allen avatar to Alex Van Pelt for a month.

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 11:30 AM
The Jets HC believe's that the injury had little to nothing to do with the turf.

Who really cares what he thinks he's no expert. The fact is his foot stuck in the turf. Does that happen it it's a grass field? Impossible to know but the stats say grass is safer for that very reason.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 11:32 AM
Who really cares what he thinks he's no expert. The fact is his foot stuck in the turf. Does that happen it it's a grass field? Impossible to know but the stats say grass is safer for that very reason.
Grass is much safer ..... again it's his opinion not mine or yours.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 11:36 AM
Ok. So when Rodgers returns you have to switch your Josh Allen avatar to Alex Van Pelt for a month.
I read that his injury could take up to two years to fully recover from it's not my opinion.

Avatar change for me how about Billy the kid if Rodgers starts next season?

If he doesn't you change yours for a month to Van Pelt?

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-13-2023, 11:45 AM

dude kinda looks like Xerxes from the movie 300 I just realized.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 11:48 AM
dude kinda looks like Xerxes from the movie 300 I just realized.
I like the guy .... tough looking SOB.

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 12:29 PM
I read that his injury could take up to two years to fully recover from it's not my opinion.

Avatar change for me how about Billy the kid if Rodgers starts next season?

If he doesn't you change yours for a month to Van Pelt?

ok done

- - - Updated - - -

AVP was not a good player but it was hard not to pull for the dough boy

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 12:29 PM
Unlike JP Losman who was a dick from jump street

Woodman
09-13-2023, 12:34 PM
ok done

- - - Updated - - -

AVP was not a good player but it was hard not to pull for the dough boy

The dough boy always gave everything he had.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 12:37 PM
Unlike JP Losman who was a dick from jump street

Losman reminded me of Adam Sandler ..... only difference being he was no Water Boy.

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 02:30 PM
Losman reminded me of Adam Sandler ..... only difference being he was no Water Boy.

yeah I rooted for the water boy.

True story: when they drafted Losman I sent Tom Donahoe a note telling him that JP was going to be a bust and he should have used those picks on the OL that he had been neglecting. He actually replied, somewhat angrily. LOL

Woodman
09-13-2023, 02:33 PM
yeah I rooted for the water boy.

True story: when they drafted Losman I sent Tom Donahoe a note telling him that JP was going to be a bust and he should have used those picks on the OL that he had been neglecting. He actually replied, somewhat angrily. LOL

Very cool .... you got him to respond.

BansheeSioux
09-13-2023, 10:29 PM
His career isn't over. He'll be back next year.
They said the x-rays were negative.
Quarterbacks have been playing into their 40s for 50 years

OpIv37
09-13-2023, 11:45 PM
**** the owners. North America is hoisting the next World Cup. Some of the best soccer stars have contacts that say they won’t play on turf, so some of the owners will be converting the turf to grass so they can make World Cup money.

But they won’t give their own players the same respect because it’s more expensive to maintain grass than turf. And it’s harder to have a big event like a Taylor Swift concert cuz it’ll ruin the grass while the turf can be temporarily moved.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2023, 06:33 AM
His career isn't over. He'll be back next year.
They said the x-rays were negative.
Quarterbacks have been playing into their 40s for 50 years

He tore his Achilles

That's usually a 12-18 month recovery. He's 39. I highly doubt he comes back from this.

Novacane
09-14-2023, 08:34 AM

And you are?

JoeMama
09-14-2023, 09:37 AM
Rodgers heard about a secret achilles cure on Joe Rogan. He'll take a gong bath and freebase ivermectin while a shaman rebalances his chakras. Back on the field by week 4.

Bill Cody
09-14-2023, 09:48 AM
And you are?

No. That's not the point. I'm not making claims that the injury had nothing to do with the turf. He is. Get it?

Bill Cody
09-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Rodgers heard about a secret achilles cure on Joe Rogan. He'll take a gong bath and freebase ivermectin while a shaman rebalances his chakras. Back on the field by week 4.

lollollol

Bill Cody
09-14-2023, 09:51 AM
He tore his Achilles

That's usually a 12-18 month recovery. He's 39. I highly doubt he comes back from this.

He won't go out like this. Not Rodgers. Nuh uh.

Bill Cody
09-14-2023, 10:14 AM
**** the owners. North America is hoisting the next World Cup. Some of the best soccer stars have contacts that say they won’t play on turf, so some of the owners will be converting the turf to grass so they can make World Cup money.

But they won’t give their own players the same respect because it’s more expensive to maintain grass than turf. And it’s harder to have a big event like a Taylor Swift concert cuz it’ll ruin the grass while the turf can be temporarily moved.

100%

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2023, 11:10 AM
He won't go out like this. Not Rodgers. Nuh uh.

I can see that, but it's also not the easiest surgery to recover from

BansheeSioux
09-14-2023, 01:13 PM
He tore his Achilles

Doesn't matter how long how he's out. He didn't tear anything.

They said the x-rays were negative= you're being played.
He stood there, looked at the sidelines, nodded his head and sat down. Then he walked off.

Only after all that , they put a boot on him, to look all dramatic.

He has nothing that bad.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2023, 01:32 PM

He stood there, looked at the sidelines, nodded his head and sat down. Then he walked off.

He has nothing that bad.

Are you an idiot?

notacon
09-14-2023, 01:47 PM
Are you an idiot?

Uhhhhh....ya think????

Even any idiot (should) know that Achilles tear is not revealed on a x-ray. It takes and MRI. Just like meniscus tears. I had those on both knees.

notacon
09-14-2023, 01:49 PM

And you may wonder why I am not defending the same owners when it comes to rampant racism in the NFL???

notacon
09-14-2023, 02:09 PM
He tore his Achilles

In the whole history of the NFL only 15 QB’s over the age of 40 started any NFL games (https://www.nfl.com/photos/records-for-starting-quarterbacks-over-40-0ap3000000941792#35b1a9aa-025f-4738-95b9-4756c49ce2c8).

The first was Charlie Conerly NY Giants. He was drafted in 1945 and played with the Giants until he was 40 years old in 1961.

There have been literally thousands of NFL QB’s that have started NFL games. Just in the past decade, SIX teams have started at least TWELVE DIFFERENT QB’s (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10084849-nfl-teams-with-the-most-starting-qbs-in-the-last-decade).

The Bills alone have had 45 different QB’s start at least one game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Buffalo_Bills_starting_quarterbacks).

Yeah....starting a NFL game at QB after the age of 40 (much less playing a whole season) is extremely rare. Coming off an injury like Rodgers just had is even rarer. He could make a miracle come-back, who knows. But it’s not even close to a given or even likely.

OpIv37
09-14-2023, 05:25 PM
And you may wonder why I am not defending the same owners when it comes to rampant racism in the NFL???

Just to be clear, I’m not defending either side in that situation yet. The NFL has a bad history with race and they vehemently protect their brand, so it’s possible thst everything he claims is true. It’s also possible that this is just a money grab against a deep-pocketed defendant.

Like I said before, I don’t know enough about either side to judge and I’m not invested enough to spend time reading up on. I’ll just wait until the facts come out.

Typ0
09-14-2023, 05:40 PM
I can see him trying to rehab and play again just to say he did it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to be clear, I’m not defending either side in that situation yet. The NFL has a bad history with race and they vehemently protect their brand, so it’s possible thst everything he claims is true. It’s also possible that this is just a money grab against a deep-pocketed defendant.

Like I said before, I don’t know enough about either side to judge and I’m not invested enough to spend time reading up on. I’ll just wait until the facts come out.

I don't think it's the NFL that has a bad history with race ... it is white people.

OpIv37
09-14-2023, 05:46 PM
I can see him trying to rehab and play again just to say he did it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think it's the NFL that has a bad history with race ... it is white people.

Well last time I checked, the NFL was run by white people…..

BansheeSioux
09-14-2023, 06:39 PM
Uhhhhh....ya think????

Even any idiot (should) know that Achilles tear is not revealed on a x-ray. It takes and MRI. Just like meniscus tears. I had those on both knees.

It makes no difference. He doesn't have anything that's going to keep him from ever playing again.
I'm not the idiot. The idiots are the ones who can't figure out this was used for live betting.
Everyone pounded the Bills when he went down.
Suckers

OpIv37
09-14-2023, 11:16 PM
It makes no difference. He doesn't have anything that's going to keep him from ever playing again.
I'm not the idiot. The idiots are the ones who can't figure out this was used for live betting.
Everyone pounded the Bills when he went down.
Suckers

The stupidity of this post hurts my brain.

This has to be a bot or troll account, because no real human could honestly post something this dumb.

Mr. Pink
09-15-2023, 12:03 AM

To be fair, Cleveland Municipal Stadium was basically green painted dirt.

Chet
09-15-2023, 02:18 AM

He has nothing that bad.

:rofl:

Good effort, mate. You should've slow-played it though so you could've gotten more mileage out of the trolljob.

BansheeSioux
09-15-2023, 02:28 AM
:rofl:

Good effort, mate. You should've slow-played it though so you could've gotten more mileage out of the trolljob.

You're rooting for a team that can't beat a backsliding Mormon back up QB. And you're laughing at ME?

CHECK YO SELF homie.

He has nothing. He didn't have no surgery.
He'll come back either this year or next.

BansheeSioux
09-15-2023, 02:32 AM
The stupidity of this post hurts my brain.

This has to be a bot or troll account, because no real human could honestly post something this dumb.

No. It's an adult who knows WWE when he sees it.
This was as fake as throwing 3 ints to the same guy and losing to a back up QB .

Vs a supposed defense minded coach.

JoeMama
09-16-2023, 07:47 AM
^

The Internet was a mistake.

DraftBoy
09-16-2023, 10:23 AM

How is that close to surprising to you? Of course they’re going to acquiesce to a global sporting event over a domestic league event.

notacon
09-16-2023, 01:38 PM

Except it’s NOT a “money grab” since there are no specific monetary demands for “relief” (what a suit is asking for (https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.nysd.606128/gov.uscourts.nysd.606128.1.0.pdf)) beyond the nebulous and nominal "An award of damages in an amount to be determined at trial, including but not limited to punitive damages intended to deter Defendants from continuing its well-documented history of discriminatory and retaliatory conduct.

The REAL point of the suit and the demand for relief is purely to force the NFL to follow anti-discrimination laws and stop retaliatory practices."

It’s quite clear and easy to understand….

"An award of equitable relief necessary to force the NFL to remedy and change its discriminatory and retaliatory practices and comply with the law, including (i) the imposition of a court-ordered monitor to review the NFL’s policies and/or practices and implement necessary changes with respect to the hiring, retention and advancement of Black people throughout all levels of the NFL organization and hierarchy, including at NFL Media, the NFL league office and within NFL teams, (ii) that any such court-ordered monitor conduct a full-scale investigation into the discriminatory and/or retaliatory animus of all persons in position of power over the NFL, including the NFL team owners, and (iii) that court-ordered monitor publicly publish a full report of his or her investigations, findings, conclusions and recommendations."

BTW….”Equitable Relief” is defined as (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/equitable-relief.asp#:~:text=What%20Is%20Equitable%20Relief%3F,considered%20to%20provide%20sufficient%20restitution.)…

"Equitable relief is a court-granted remedy that requires a party to act or refrain from performing a particular act in cases where legal remedies are not considered to provide sufficient restitution”.

It has nothing to do with monetary compensation.<o:p></o:p>