• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Rodgers

It looks as if it's a torn Achilles tendon.

If that's the case, at 39, his career is over.

The odd thing is, it was a fairly innocuous tackle.

He almost set him down....and this happens.

Weird.
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Re: Rodgers

yea, that's the danger in relying on a 39 year old 18 year vet free agent to be your savior.
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

I hope he becomes an advocate for getting rid of turf.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
        Everyone should play outside on Bermuda grass with leather helmets.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

I'd rather be a Bills fan than a Jets fan this morning. Nothings changed for them now with Rodgers injured. Zach Wilson beat us last year in the Meadowlands. They're probably to dumb to figure that out but they will soon enough.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Turf is trash. His foot was stuck in the turf and all that weight in him snapped it.

Not A fan of him, he seems like a dick, but that’s a shame. Hate to see anyone injured like that.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Turf sucks period.

If this was it for Rodgers he had a great career.

Strange dude though.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                There is little doubt that Rodgers would probably not have gotten such a severe injury if this game was on grass. It’s easy to se how his foot got stuck on turf, when if on grass, almost assuredly, it would have given way and produce a divot like on a golf course fairway.

The subject of how many more games he was going to play on crappy turf this year as compared to Green Bay (one of the best NFL grass fields in the so-called “tundra”) has turned out to be an omen.

The whole league knew that MetLife had one of the worst field surfaces in the NFL and the decision to put in an all new field for 2023 improved it...although going from total crap turf to marginally better acceptable crap turf is not a real solution.

Amazingly, the new turf field is just temporary because they MUST install a grass field to host the World Cup in 2026 because the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) has BANNED turf for World Cup matches.

Why not put in a grass field NOW instead of waiting until 2026???? The lame excuse is going to be the difficulties of having two teams play on the same field. Of course, that is party bullcrap since, using the right material (hybrid/grass for example) and spending enough money is the solution.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                  There is little doubt that Rodgers would probably not have gotten such a severe injury if this game was on grass. It’s easy to se how his foot got stuck on turf, when if on grass, almost assuredly, it would have given way and produce a divot like on a golf course fairway.

The subject of how many more games he was going to play on crappy turf this year as compared to Green Bay (one of the best NFL grass fields in the so-called “tundra”) has turned out to be an omen.

The whole league knew that MetLife had one of the worst field surfaces in the NFL and the decision to put in an all new field for 2023 improved it...although going from total crap turf to marginally better acceptable crap turf is not a real solution.

Amazingly, the new turf field is just temporary because they MUST install a grass field to host the World Cup in 2026 because the FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) has BANNED turf for World Cup matches.

Why not put in a grass field NOW instead of waiting until 2026???? The lame excuse is going to be the difficulties of having two teams play on the same field. Of course, that is party bullcrap since, using the right material (hybrid/grass for example) and spending enough money is the solution.
                  Agree. Penny wise and pound foolish.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

I think Rodgers will be back. You have to understand who he is. Sure he's very sad/disappointed to have been hurt. And as much as I dislike the guy I'm sad for him, never like to see ANY turf related injury for ANY player.

But he will be back. Mainly because he'll be in the spotlight as he beats the odds and comes back to rescue the Jets. Aaron is ALWAYS the star in his own movie- in this case the movie is "Rocky". Age won't stop him. He looks at Brady playing until he's 45 and thinks "I'm better than Brady, I'm in better shape than Brady, this is not a problem".

Comment

• John Doe
                      Florida Man
                      • Jul 2002

Well, he is fully immunized so he has that going for him.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                        I think Rodgers will be back. You have to understand who he is. Sure he's very sad/disappointed to have been hurt. And as much as I dislike the guy I'm sad for him, never like to see ANY turf related injury for ANY player.

But he will be back. Mainly because he'll be in the spotlight as he beats the odds and comes back to rescue the Jets. Aaron is ALWAYS the star in his own movie- in this case the movie is "Rocky". Age won't stop him. He looks at Brady playing until he's 45 and thinks "I'm better than Brady, I'm in better shape than Brady, this is not a problem".
                        Estimated time for recovery a full recovery ...... I heard is about two years .... due to the severity ..... if that's true he's done imo.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Marino tore his achilles on natural grass in Cleveland.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                            Marino tore his achilles on natural grass in Cleveland.
                            The Jets HC believe's that the injury had little to nothing to do with the turf.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                              Estimated time for recovery a full recovery ...... I heard is about two years .... due to the severity ..... if that's true he's done imo.
                              Ok. So when Rodgers returns you have to switch your Josh Allen avatar to Alex Van Pelt for a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X