PDA

View Full Version : Why hasn't Ken Dorsey been fired yet?

sahlensguy
09-12-2023, 08:47 AM
It's 9:45 est and someone needs to be held accountable for this fraudulent offense. My guess they would fire the special teams coach.

Novacane
09-12-2023, 08:48 AM
You know why. It should have been done in the offseason. Were stuck with him this year unless it comes off the rails.

sahlensguy
09-12-2023, 08:54 AM
You know why. It should have been done in the offseason. Were stuck with him this year unless it comes off the rails.

It needs to be done now. This embarrassing loss is on Allen's shoulders but it would be to his advantage if he didn't take all the blame. A scapegoat is needed to take all eyes off Josh and Dorsey is a deserving and obvious choice. He needs to be gone this morning.

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2023, 09:00 AM
If you fire your OC after week 1, you basically have zero credibility in the locker room, with any coaches, media or front office. Might as well fire yourself right there.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 09:05 AM
The inability to adjust and change things up in the 2nd half hurt .... you know the opposing defense would make adjustments. I would have loved to see more of Murray and Harris in the 2nd half .... nothing against Cook but sometimes it's smashmouth instead dancing with the stars.

WTF D.I.K. :idunno:

sahlensguy
09-12-2023, 09:07 AM
If you fire your OC after week 1, you basically have zero credibility in the locker room, with any coaches, media or front office. Might as well fire yourself right there.

Depends who you bring in. McD is gone sooner than later if he stands with Dorsey anyway.

sukie
09-12-2023, 09:16 AM
Screw continuity. This is a waste and NOT addressing WR2 was/is an error.

Canadian'eh!
09-12-2023, 09:26 AM
Depends who you bring in. McD is gone sooner than later if he stands with Dorsey anyway.
No. it wouldn't matter one bit who you bring in. You do that in the offseason. Even later in the year.

If you do it after week 1, you lost all credibility with anyone who matters. Nobody will trust you or think you have any business running a team. Career Suicide.

sukie
09-12-2023, 09:29 AM
Who loses credibility? I understand the upheaval it causes but you could do it at bye week. How about a play calling Czar? It sounds all woo woo.

whipping it out and peeing all over your boss and his desk says “fire me now”. Handing off in OT on a second and 15 deep in your territory screams it.

Buffalogic
09-12-2023, 09:58 AM
Back away from the keyboard buddy.

Thurmal
09-12-2023, 10:07 AM
Bringing in all these new players on offense and then basically refusing to use them solely because they're new to the team was classic McDermott.

Turf
09-12-2023, 10:24 AM
After seeing some replays of Josh's INTs, there were easy opportunities all over the field. He could have run for a 1st down easily but heaves a 50 yd INT. Throws an INT on a wide out when Kinkaid was open underneath, and another when Diggs was wide open at the 1st down marker over the middle. It's all on Josh, and I am starting to get genuinely worried his head is in the wrong place. I can't blame Dorsey for all this so I take it back. Did I not like the sideways hand offs in the backfield? No. But that didn't cost us the game. Josh is acting like a distracted child. Time to get serious and grow up.

Typ0
09-12-2023, 10:35 AM
The real questions you should be asking are:

1) Why do these people have such tunnel vision and fail to learn despite spouting off about the growth mindset all the time?
2) Why was he hired in the first place?

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2023, 10:37 AM
After seeing some replays of Josh's INTs, there were easy opportunities all over the field. He could have run for a 1st down easily but heaves a 50 yd INT. Throws an INT on a wide out when Kinkaid was open underneath, and another when Diggs was wide open at the 1st down marker over the middle. It's all on Josh, and I am starting to get genuinely worried his head is in the wrong place. I can't blame Dorsey for all this so I take it back. Did I not like the sideways hand offs in the backfield? No. But that didn't cost us the game. Josh is acting like a distracted child. Time to get serious and grow up.
correct.
he is regressing.

YardRat
09-12-2023, 05:52 PM
Maybe because the playbook probably doesn't have a section called 'plays to throw into double coverage all game'.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 06:43 PM
I wish we had the balls to go after and sign Jonathan Taylor.

And of course use him!!!

kingJofNYC
09-12-2023, 07:13 PM

Everyone blamed Daboll too at times. Listen, these coaches make mistakes, but like you said, plenty of opportunities were there last night, but Josh reverted back to his 2018-2019 ways.

On passes less than 15 yards, Josh had one of the highest completion %'s of the week (27/32) and one of the highest completion percentages over expected, on 15+ yard passes (7 of them), he threw 3 ints.

If he kept it simple, checked it down, stayed patient, and didn't get frustrated he walks away with 250 yards and a W but 0 highlight reels. He just looked like his mind was racing, when he was doing fine for the most part keeping it short.

Forward_Lateral
09-12-2023, 07:14 PM
Everyone blamed Daboll too at times. Listen, these coaches make mistakes, but like you said, plenty of opportunities were there last night, but Josh reverted back to his 2018-2019 ways.

On passes less than 15 yards, Josh had one of the highest completion %'s of the week and one of the highest completion percentages over expected, on 15+ yard passes (7 of them), he threw 3 ints.

If he kept it simple, checked it down, stayed patient, and didn't get frustrated he walks away with 250 yards and a W but 0 highlight reels. He just looked like his mind was racing, when he was doing fine for the most part keeping it short.

He can’t help himself. It’s comical at times

Buffalogic
09-12-2023, 07:41 PM
I think ultimately Josh was full on rattled last night. I’m not sure why since he played in a very similar situation last year vs the rams, but he was on full tilt.

It wasn’t just the ints. The fumble and a few times where his first hot read wasn’t open, he just freaked out. He ran into the backs of his linemen several times for no reason. In obvious blitz situations he just refused to throw the ball.

And the weirdest of the weird was how he was finishing his scrambles. The one he jumped into the two defenders he was a good 5 yards away from the first down. The way he was playing just didn’t make sense. The only explanations I can come up with is he’s either just terrified of the jets rush, or he was so nervous about the game he was in full freak out mode or maybe he suffered a concussion somewhere in the late first half or early second. I don’t think it’s a film study thing because both he and McDermott post game said the jets don’t really scheme anything special. They play basic defense but their players are good.

Historian
09-13-2023, 06:52 AM
. The way he was playing just didn’t make sense.

I think it has been a point of emphasis that he pass first, ditch the ball second, and run third, in order to protect his body.

That's not his style, and I think that extra split second to think about it, throws off his timing.

Everybody references the play where it looked like he could have scrambled for the first down but didn't.

I think this is why.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2023, 07:47 AM
I think it has been a point of emphasis that he pass first, ditch the ball second, and run third, in order to protect his body.

That's not his style, and I think that extra split second to think about it, throws off his timing.

Everybody references the play where it looked like he could have scrambled for the first down but didn't.

I think this is why.
This actually makes perfect sense. Even on the TD to Diggs, he could've run it in himself. Why even throw it at that point?

I think the coaching is just as to blame as Josh. Stop trying to reign him in. Let him be Josh. Part of what makes him so dangerous is his ability to run. Get out of his head.

Other than the 4 turnovers, he actually played well. He completed 70% of his passes, and was taking what was given, and picked up some yards on the ground. They need to find common ground. I don't know what that is, and I don't know if this is even the coaching staff to do it.

Buffalogic
09-13-2023, 07:54 AM
What's funny is that when he did run is where he was doing his stupidest ****. Maybe we are overanalyzing this and we can chalk it up to he was just playing scared/idiotic on his own. It's not that hard to coach him, just be you, take what the defense gives you and don't put your body in harms way unless it's a critical first down or TD. There's no reason to take a hit outside of that.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2023, 07:58 AM
What's funny is that when he did run is where he was doing his stupidest ****. Maybe we are overanalyzing this and we can chalk it up to he was just playing scared/idiotic on his own. It's not that hard to coach him, just be you, take what the defense gives you and don't put your body in harms way unless it's a critical first down or TD. There's no reason to take a hit outside of that.

A few of those looked either designed, or broken plays. I don't understand how they can say "we want to limit the hits he takes", then call idiotic designed runs.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 11:43 AM

Perfect example was when he didn't run out of bounds and turned his body and tried to take the ball upfield .... that one had me cringing and when the camera went to McDermott he was pointing to his head as if to say hey Josh use it.

daryls61
09-13-2023, 01:45 PM
Anyone who watched that game and thinks Dorey is the problem doesnt understand NFL football.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 02:25 PM
Anyone who watched that game and thinks Dorey is the problem doesnt understand NFL football.
Do you think ...... especially in the 2nd half we should have used Harris and Murray more?

They are without a proficient QB ..... we gotta avoid turnovers ...... if we do that the Jets can't win that game IMO.

sahlensguy
09-13-2023, 02:28 PM

Dorsey isn't a problem?

sukie
09-13-2023, 03:37 PM
Didn’t Daboll hold press conferences as OC… at least once in a while?

Bill Cody
09-13-2023, 03:44 PM
This actually makes perfect sense. Even on the TD to Diggs, he could've run it in himself. Why even throw it at that point?

I think the coaching is just as to blame as Josh. Stop trying to reign him in. Let him be Josh. Part of what makes him so dangerous is his ability to run. Get out of his head.

Other than the 4 turnovers, he actually played well. He completed 70% of his passes, and was taking what was given, and picked up some yards on the ground. They need to find common ground. I don't know what that is, and I don't know if this is even the coaching staff to do it.

So Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the play otherwise?