Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Rodgers out for the season

Achilles.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Rodgers out for the season

He is done for good I would expect. I thought he was going to be lighting it up for the JETS this year and give them a shot at a deep playoff run. We got lucky.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Aaron Rodgers’ first season with the Jets ended on the first possession.
      An MRI this morning confirmed what was feared: Rodgers has a complete tear of his Achilles tendon. That is a season-ending injury.
      That leaves Zach Wilson as the Jets’ starting quarterback, and currently the only healthy quarterback on their 53-player roster. They’ll surely bring someone else in, but it’s going to be hard to find a starting-caliber quarterback at this point in the season.
      Wilson was competent for the Jets after Rodgers went down Monday night, but realistically it’s hard to believe they can be a playoff team with Wilson. With Rodgers, they had Super Bowl aspirations.

MRI confirms Aaron Rodgers has complete tear of Achilles tendon - NBC Sports

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
        • Nov 2007

a ****ty way to end a remarkable career
        get well A-a-ron
        I came.
        I saw.
        I conquered.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

I know he had only 4 plays but he just did not look comfortable .... anybody else notice it?

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            I know he had only 4 plays but he just did not look comfortable .... anybody else notice it?
            4 snaps but 3 official plays. It was too early to gauge comfort imho

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

I feel bad for Rodgers and, to some extent, his teammates. I understand what Jets fans are feeling too, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for them. More than anything, I am kind of laughing at the media who spent months hitching their bandwagon hype train to it all.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                That was our pass rush.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                  I feel bad for Rodgers and, to some extent, his teammates. I understand what Jets fans are feeling too, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for them. More than anything, I am kind of laughing at the media who spent months hitching their bandwagon hype train to it all.
                  I only feel bad for Rodgers. To hell with the Jets and their fans. Agree on the media. Idiots. The bad thing is now they can't be proven wrong that Rodgers made the Jets a SB team.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Both former Packers HOF QB's who went to the Jets had their careers ended by the Buffalo Bills. I know I know. Rodgers could come back next year but do you really believe a guy who was contemplating retirement is going to go through that and come back for one more season?

Comment

• RandyMoss84
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                      He is done for good I would expect. I thought he was going to be lighting it up for the JETS this year and give them a shot at a deep playoff run. We got lucky.
                      Got lucky? Bills lost to the Jets without Rodgers last night!

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        4 snaps but 3 official plays. It was too early to gauge comfort imho
                        I know it when I see it immediately ......

Comment

• Historian
                          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                          • Dec 2002

Quite frankly, he should have retired after the loss at home to Tampa in the Championship game.

He's been a shell of his former self for a couple years now.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by RandyMoss84 View Post
                            Got lucky? Bills lost to the Jets without Rodgers last night!
                            Think he meant looking further down the road as far as getting a ticket to the dance sorta thing.

He's not wrong in that respect at all in fact he's spot on.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              Quite frankly, he should have retired after the loss at home to Tampa in the Championship game.

He's been a shell of his former self for a couple years now.
                              Agree 100% .... he never worried me at all ..... he just seems so blase about everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X