PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers out for the season

Woodman
09-12-2023, 10:55 AM
Achilles.

Typ0
09-12-2023, 10:56 AM
He is done for good I would expect. I thought he was going to be lighting it up for the JETS this year and give them a shot at a deep playoff run. We got lucky.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 10:57 AM
Aaron Rodgers’ first season with the Jets ended on the first possession.
An MRI this morning confirmed what was feared: Rodgers has a complete tear of his Achilles tendon. That is a season-ending injury.
That leaves Zach Wilson as the Jets’ starting quarterback, and currently the only healthy quarterback on their 53-player roster. They’ll surely bring someone else in, but it’s going to be hard to find a starting-caliber quarterback at this point in the season.
Wilson was competent for the Jets after Rodgers went down Monday night, but realistically it’s hard to believe they can be a playoff team with Wilson. With Rodgers, they had Super Bowl aspirations.

MRI confirms Aaron Rodgers has complete tear of Achilles tendon - NBC Sports (https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/mri-confirms-aaron-rodgers-has-complete-tear-of-achilles-tendon)

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-12-2023, 10:57 AM
a ****ty way to end a remarkable career
get well A-a-ron

Woodman
09-12-2023, 11:19 AM
I know he had only 4 plays but he just did not look comfortable .... anybody else notice it?

sukie
09-12-2023, 11:21 AM
I know he had only 4 plays but he just did not look comfortable .... anybody else notice it?

4 snaps but 3 official plays. It was too early to gauge comfort imho

Jeff1220
09-12-2023, 11:50 AM
I feel bad for Rodgers and, to some extent, his teammates. I understand what Jets fans are feeling too, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for them. More than anything, I am kind of laughing at the media who spent months hitching their bandwagon hype train to it all.

Novacane
09-12-2023, 11:52 AM

That was our pass rush.

Novacane
09-12-2023, 11:53 AM
I feel bad for Rodgers and, to some extent, his teammates. I understand what Jets fans are feeling too, but I can't bring myself to feel bad for them. More than anything, I am kind of laughing at the media who spent months hitching their bandwagon hype train to it all.

I only feel bad for Rodgers. To hell with the Jets and their fans. Agree on the media. Idiots. The bad thing is now they can't be proven wrong that Rodgers made the Jets a SB team.

Novacane
09-12-2023, 11:55 AM
Both former Packers HOF QB's who went to the Jets had their careers ended by the Buffalo Bills. I know I know. Rodgers could come back next year but do you really believe a guy who was contemplating retirement is going to go through that and come back for one more season?

RandyMoss84
09-12-2023, 02:40 PM
He is done for good I would expect. I thought he was going to be lighting it up for the JETS this year and give them a shot at a deep playoff run. We got lucky.

Got lucky? Bills lost to the Jets without Rodgers last night! :baghead:

Woodman
09-12-2023, 03:18 PM
4 snaps but 3 official plays. It was too early to gauge comfort imho
I know it when I see it immediately ......

Historian
09-12-2023, 03:20 PM
Quite frankly, he should have retired after the loss at home to Tampa in the Championship game.

He's been a shell of his former self for a couple years now.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 03:21 PM
Got lucky? Bills lost to the Jets without Rodgers last night! :baghead:
Think he meant looking further down the road as far as getting a ticket to the dance sorta thing.

He's not wrong in that respect at all in fact he's spot on.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Quite frankly, he should have retired after the loss at home to Tampa in the Championship game.

Agree 100% .... he never worried me at all ..... he just seems so blase about everything.

Woodman
09-12-2023, 03:25 PM
I only feel bad for Rodgers. To hell with the Jets and their fans. Agree on the media. Idiots. The bad thing is now they can't be proven wrong that Rodgers made the Jets a SB team.

Interesting point of view .... that I happen to share as well.

notacon
09-13-2023, 12:40 PM

We’ll never know for sure, but the idea that Rodgers would be more like Wilson to Denver than Brady to Tampa Bay still rings true.

The injury was a terrible way to end his season, and quite possibly his career. I was looking forward to watching him lead the Jets and probably would have grabbed some wins that would have helped the Bills....like KC at home in week #4.

He can still provide some serious help for the Jets and Zach Wilson. Having one of the best QB’s in history mentoring a young QB with undeniable physical skills develop into a good one would not be a huge surprise. Especially when he has an elite defense to lean on.

Woodman
09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
We’ll never know for sure, but the idea that Rodgers would be more like Wilson to Denver than Brady to Tampa Bay still rings true.

The injury was a terrible way to end his season, and quite possibly his career. I was looking forward to watching him lead the Jets and probably would have grabbed some wins that would have helped the Bills....like KC at home in week #4.
He can still provide some serious help for the Jets and Zach Wilson. Having one of the best QB’s in history mentoring a young QB with undeniable physical skills develop into a good one would not be a huge surprise. Especially when he has an elite defense to lean on.

IMO playing the Chiefs in NY/NJ they can still beat KC.