• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Other than Josh Allen

Few overall...
    Please help me understand what it is the Jets do so well defensively? I just don't see it and need help.
    Other than 2 Hall runs (the long one we were miss aligned on) the Bills gave up 2.4 yards per carry to what is arguably the most talented backfield in the league.

James Cook. Passes the eye, but Im not sure why. Maybe because a few good calls got called back for penalty. But 66 total yards and 3.8 per carry? We need more.
    Latavius Murry looks huge, pretty fast and capable in his few plays. He and Harris have pretty good hands. Solid 2-3.
    O'C Torrence got bull rushed back once that I saw, but overall probably our best lineman. Sweet!
    Spencer Brown made me wonder whats up w Ifedi. Bout ready to pull the plug on this one.
    McGovern, I hope he was playing hurt because he sucked too.
    Gabe Davis? Did he do anything good?
    Diggs is a full on beast and might have his best year yet.
    Kincaid should have had twice as many targets. Look for that to come.

Greg Rousseau and Leonard Floyd killed it. This could be fire when Von is back.
    DTs weren't bad at all, but I expected a few splash plays from Oliver.
    Milano was on fire.
    Bernard did darn good. I was surprising happy w his play. Room to grow, but showed promise.
    Benford was a stud. White was darn good (I dont blame him for ridiculous TD).
    Hyde was Hyde. Was hoping for a splash play.

And the second most disappointing player on the field (behind Allen) was Poyer. This freaking guy appears to have aged 5 years in the off season.

Final thought, running on 2nd and 15 in overtime was stupid. Live and die w your all world QB.
    Last edited by yordad; 09-13-2023, 09:11 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Other than Josh Allen

“Other than those two huge runs we gave up, we were good against the run!”

Wtf?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• yordad
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Wtf?
      Maybe I shouldn't have left out the shorter of the 2, but the first wasn't an uncorrectable personnel issue. It was likely a result of a young MLB who will learn. Point is I dont think its as bleak as it seemed live. Our D was damn good. Issue was offensive, IMHO. And D preliminarily showed they have the ability to be damn good.
      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad View Post
        Maybe I shouldn't have left out the shorter of the 2, but the first wasn't an uncorrectable personnel issue. It was likely a result of a young MLB who will learn. Point is I dont think its as bleak as it seemed live. Our D was damn good. Issue was offensive, IMHO. And D preliminarily showed they have the ability to be damn good.
        It’s just too small of a sample size to draw any real conclusions. A good run D probably wouldn’t have given up those two big plays, but even the best D’s give up bad plays from time to time. So is this the case of a D that’s prone to giving up big plays, or was it just one or two mistakes in an otherwise good game? We just don’t know yet.

As far as the Jets against Josh, they get a lot of pressure. I think Josh panics against them and reverts to rookie year happy feet Josh. They do have a good D but I think some of it is mental for Josh. Don’t know how to get him over it.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

what makes the Jets really good on defense besides they have good team speed is that they don't miss tackles. 5 yard slants against them stay 5 yard gains and don't turn into 20 yard gains. A sign of a really good defense is their ability to tackle.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Tre' needs to make that tackle on the 83-yarder. And the Jets have talent from the front to the back end, really no weaknesses or question marks.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I did see quite a few positives from the game.

1.) The pass rush COULD be great. Floyd was a sneaky pickup, and Rousseau was held multiple times and it wasn't called.

2.) I don't think they threw at Tre maybe but once. If he's back 100% and back to his pro bowl form, it changes the Defense a lot.

3.) I agree with the RB depth. It's better than it's been in years. That being said, Cook needs to learn to just take 2-3 yards sometimes. Murray needs more carries, IMO.

4.) Kincaid is going to be good. Everyone saying he needs more targets, I agree.

I'm not going to get into any negatives, because I already have beaten that horse to death

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
              Tre' needs to make that tackle on the 83-yarder. And the Jets have talent from the front to the back end, really no weaknesses or question marks.
              Yep. On the other long one someone also missed a tackle, I think it was Milano, but I could be mistaken

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Also, the Jets have the best defense in the AFC. Their d-line is relentless and just caused all kinds of problems for the Bills. At least half of the plays were disrupted because the O=line was pushed back immediately.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

Wtf?
                  The point was that SHOULD be able to be corrected? Will it? I guess we'll find out.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    what makes the Jets really good on defense besides they have good team speed is that they don't miss tackles. 5 yard slants against them stay 5 yard gains and don't turn into 20 yard gains. A sign of a really good defense is their ability to tackle.
                    Tackle I was screaming that a lot Monday night ..... that DL ain't bad either.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                      Also, the Jets have the best defense in the AFC. Their d-line is relentless and just caused all kinds of problems for the Bills. At least half of the plays were disrupted because the O=line was pushed back immediately.
                      You have to have 6 blockers almost every play to even have a chance against that front 4.

That front is so dominant you just can't measure the advantage that gives the back end.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                      X