X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kscdogbillsfan1221
    • Nov 2007

Thoughts on the secondary

To me, it’s clear po and Hyde are on their last legs. When their contracts are up (or even earlier) they both need to go. I’m not sure if their replacements are in the building but if they are not, it needs to be a relative priority next year.
    Tre white played admirably I feel. I’m skeptical he can get back to 2019 first team all pro Tre. But even a top 10 cb I’ll take

my question to those of you more knowledgeable than me about the x and o of football is about Elam

i don’t mind the second year, first round pick not being the starter. But I do mind him being a healthy scratch. Barring a turnaround, that’s a relative embarrassment
    Now if you think he doesn’t or can’t cut it as a viable cb in the nfl, is this a guy who could transition to safety a la Aaron Williams? Thoughts ?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.
  • Ed
    • Sep 2002

Re: Thoughts on the secondary

From everything I've read and heard it's always sounded like Benford would be the best option to move to safety, but they like him a lot at CB and he's been great there. With Tre having such big cap numbers it wouldn't be surprising if Benford and Elam end up being the starting CBs of the future.

I'm not worried about the secondary overall. I feel like it's one position group that this organization does a really good job of finding talent and coaching it up.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Rapp will take one spot the other I'm not sure of.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

I'm confident in our corners. To me, it looked like Hyde played better compared to Poyer the other night. Poyer is looking older and slower.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Should have drafted a safety this year or last. Another example (like interior oline, but especially middle linebacker) of being short-sighted and wasting assets. But Beane needs his obligatory running back and wide receiver projects every year, a well as doubling down on one postion instead of trying to address others at the same time.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

Just imho, they drafted a clearly necessary man corner in Elam when they won't use man, Benford should have replaced Taron Johnson or been groomed to safety, and I can't believe Beane didn't discuss this with the timid McDermott who wants everything but can't use nothing effectively.

Comment

• DetoxTent
              • Sep 2023

Rapp did not play that great vs Jets. Benford/White are good at CB. Poyer & Hyde will finish out this year, if they can stay healthy. Future safety will be answered via draft or free agency after the season.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
                Rapp did not play that great vs Jets. Benford/White are good at CB. Poyer & Hyde will finish out this year, if they can stay healthy. Future safety will be answered via draft or free agency after the season.
                Huh???? What are you talking about??

Rapp was inserted into the game as a hybrid S/LB in replacing nickel back Taron Johnson in 18 snaps. In those 18 snaps (33.33%) he had 5 tackles including 3 solo tackles.

Taron Johnson had 37 snaps (68.52%) with zero tackles.

Jordan Poyer had 54 snaps (100%) with 7 total tackles including 4 solo.

Micah Hyde had 53 snaps (98.15%) with 5 total tackles including 4 solo.

Although CB has different responsibilities from a S....for comparison sake....

Christian Benford had 54 snaps (100%) with 4 total tackles all solo...and one “pass defense”

Tre’ White had 54 snaps (100%) with 3 total tackles including 2 solo. One tackle for loss and zero pass defenses.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

We shouldn't have resigned Poyer to be honest.

Let Rapp or Hamlin start.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    We shouldn't have resigned Poyer to be honest.

Let Rapp or Hamlin start.

Put Kirksey in at MLB asap.

Put Bernard in at safety.

Put Rapp in at the other.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                    X