PDA

View Full Version : Bernard via Rumblings.....

Mace
09-16-2023, 05:27 PM
The obvious....he's never going to be an mlb, imho.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/9/16/23871905/analysis-of-buffalo-bills-lb-terrel-bernards-week-1-start-against-new-york-jets-nfl

DraftBoy
09-16-2023, 06:38 PM
He was so bad in Week 1.

Mace
09-16-2023, 06:43 PM
He was so bad in Week 1.

Yeah.....I don't know.....how do you even say this was a plan on a theoretical contender, even if you mean to spin it ? Not optimistic.

Goobylal
09-16-2023, 06:53 PM
I really wonder if Kirksey would have been as bad?

Canadian'eh!
09-16-2023, 07:06 PM
11 tackles while sucking? He really paid close attention to Edmunds last year.

Buffalogic
09-16-2023, 08:13 PM
Like I said, he’s just keeping the seat warm til Kirksey is up to speed.

Woodman
09-16-2023, 08:26 PM
He (Bernard) should be playing safety alongside Rapp.

Kirksey in the middle.

Time to sit Poyer and Hyde their best days are behind them ...... especially Poyer.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-16-2023, 08:59 PM
Put Rapp in at MLB

Woodman
09-16-2023, 09:00 PM
That's a Rapp.

Chet
09-17-2023, 12:01 AM
We wasted b2b 3rd rounders on 2 LBs that aren’t even NFL caliber players, let alone starters.

Yikes

YardRat
09-17-2023, 06:11 AM
Not a defense of Bernard by any means because I agree he's not a MLB and not a long-term answer but if Rumblings and Cover1 et al wanted to put together a half-dozen plays of ****-ups by Edmunds for any game over his entire five years here they could have done the same. Milano didn't have a great game either, but he has the rep (like Edmunds unexplainably did) so he won't get the same narrative.

Goobylal
09-17-2023, 09:29 AM

He is but what is taking so long for him to get up to speed? Geez.

And regardless of how Bernard played, defense wasn't the reason for the loss. They held the Jets to just 16 points.

Chet
09-17-2023, 09:32 AM
I agree it was mostly Josh’s fault. But 16 points to Zach Wilson is like 38 points to an NFL QB.

To be fair, Josh ****ed them on field position

Canadian'eh!
09-17-2023, 10:43 AM
Not a defense of Bernard by any means because I agree he's not a MLB and not a long-term answer but if Rumblings and Cover1 et al wanted to put together a half-dozen plays of ****-ups by Edmunds for any game over his entire five years here they could have done the same. Milano didn't have a great game either, but he has the rep (like Edmunds unexplainably did) so he won't get the same narrative.
I won't write off Bernard's whole career. Coming out everyone saw him as a WLB. Problem is, Milano is far better. I think they're asking him to do something that's not his skillset.

My Argument with Edmunds was ALWAYS that he's not a MLB. He is soft and finesse but as am outside coverage/blitzer he could be ok.... maybe

Novacane
09-17-2023, 11:18 AM
Why does McD keep trying to force square pegs into round holes?

DetoxTent
09-17-2023, 11:35 AM
The obvious....he's never going to be an mlb, imho.
https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/9/16/23871905/analysis-of-buffalo-bills-lb-terrel-bernards-week-1-start-against-new-york-jets-nfl

LOL. Analysis on 3 plays? While I agree he's not a MLB, you cannot make a case based on this article. That is why Buffalo Rumblings sucks. Do the same with three plays on Edmunds. First you'd have to find three plays he wasn't lost in the secondary playing with himself. At least Bernard was paying attention and trying to make a play. This already makes him better than Edmunds. But the Bills realized, albeit too late, that they had a real problem when they signed Kirksey. Why isn't he starting MLB today? Why the wait? They don't want to trample on Bernard's tender feelings? Bernard position is Milano[s back-up. Let's be honest about it. Kirksey is chomping at the bit.

DetoxTent
09-17-2023, 11:44 AM
Bernard - too light
Dodson - not good enough to beat out the lightweight
Matavevich - is nothing more than a special teamer
AJ Klein - too old, slow and was cut
Christian Kirksey - had 124 tackles last season (Edmunds only had 102). Way more tackles than any single Bill in 2022.

The answer is on the practice squad.

DetoxTent
09-17-2023, 11:46 AM
Cowboys Urged to Poach Former $38 Million Starter From Bills (https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-poach-christian-kirksey-bills/)

The clock is ticking on the Bills. Kirksey will get signed to the roster within the 3 weeks mentioned above.

Mace
09-17-2023, 05:15 PM
LOL. Analysis on 3 plays? While I agree he's not a MLB, you cannot make a case based on this article. That is why Buffalo Rumblings sucks. Do the same with three plays on Edmunds. First you'd have to find three plays he wasn't lost in the secondary playing with himself. At least Bernard was paying attention and trying to make a play. This already makes him better than Edmunds. But the Bills realized, albeit too late, that they had a real problem when they signed Kirksey. Why isn't he starting MLB today? Why the wait? They don't want to trample on Bernard's tender feelings? Bernard position is Milano[s back-up. Let's be honest about it. Kirksey is chomping at the bit.

lmao......I concluded that about Bernard when he entered the mlb conversation, not from three plays....for the reasons that piece mentioned.....which I've posted before.

Mr. Pink
09-17-2023, 05:46 PM
Put this in the game day thread as well, but at least we're not paying a dude 18m to be not good enough in the middle.

MLB is definitely a need in this upcoming offseason.

YardRat
09-17-2023, 05:55 PM
Why does McD keep trying to force square pegs into round holes?

Because he's smarter than everybody else. Duh.

TigerJ
09-17-2023, 06:15 PM
The Bills were stuck with Bernard after Dodson proved he's not good enough to start. I think Bernard has the opportunity to improve. We should remember he missed the entire preseason and most of training camp with a hamstring pull. He's always going to be undersized, however. Even if the Bills didn't have Kirksey on the PS, Bernard would only be a short term fill in. I think the Bills will start Bernard another week at least. Washington is a team Buffalo should beat. They might consider activating Kirksey for the Miami game.

Mace
09-17-2023, 07:16 PM
The Bills were stuck with Bernard after Dodson proved he's not good enough to start. I think Bernard has the opportunity to improve. We should remember he missed the entire preseason and most of training camp with a hamstring pull. He's always going to be undersized, however. Even if the Bills didn't have Kirksey on the PS, Bernard would only be a short term fill in. I think the Bills will start Bernard another week at least. Washington is a team Buffalo should beat. They might consider activating Kirksey for the Miami game.

He will definitely improve, I'm not saying he's not a pro football player...but he did miss the entire preseason and most of training camp with a hamstring. They should have been prepared for that critical position in their defense, which might work sometimes, but not long term, where we hope Kirksey might jump in to the equation.

Goobylal
09-17-2023, 11:02 PM
He looked real good today. And he's still learning.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2023, 06:44 AM
He played much better yesterday. The entire defense did. Jacobs was nowhere to be found in the running game.

DetoxTent
09-18-2023, 01:14 PM
lmao......I concluded that about Bernard when he entered the mlb conversation, not from three plays....for the reasons that piece mentioned.....which I've posted before.

So you're trying to use an article that cites 3 plays as justification for your POV. Got it.

DetoxTent
09-18-2023, 01:19 PM
He will definitely improve, I'm not saying he's not a pro football player...but he did miss the entire preseason and most of training camp with a hamstring. They should have been prepared for that critical position in their defense, which might work sometimes, but not long term, where we hope Kirksey might jump in to the equation.

After 3 weeks on the practice squad, other teams can poach vested veterans. He's been on there for 2 games now. Time is running out. Other teams are chomping at the bit to steal Kirksey out from under the Bills. They'd better act quick to sign him to the active roster. My feeling was they were going to wait to check the injury fallout after the Raider game to see if anyone was going to go to IR. Not too bad as it turned out. They will have to shift somebody to the PS to get Kirksey activated.

Cowboys Urged to Poach Former $38 Million Starter From Bills (https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys/cowboys-poach-christian-kirksey-bills/)

Woodman
09-20-2023, 10:28 PM

If he's ready to go lets get him active.

Forward_Lateral
09-21-2023, 08:43 AM
LOL Kirksey is retiring, so you will be waiting a while to see him active

Woodman
09-21-2023, 08:45 AM
LOL Kirksey is retiring, so you will be waiting a while to see him active

Bye bye .... stuff happens.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-21-2023, 08:55 AM
At least he didn’t do it at halftime

Goobylal
09-21-2023, 09:12 AM
Damn.

Woodman
09-21-2023, 09:19 AM
So are we back in the market?

Goobylal
09-21-2023, 09:48 AM
So are we back in the market?

Not at present. I think that Spector will be returning as soon as he's eligible.

Woodman
09-21-2023, 10:49 AM
Not at present. I think that Spector will be returning as soon as he's eligible.

We just signed A.J. Klein to the PS.

I had high hopes for Spector.

Mace
09-21-2023, 06:16 PM
So you're trying to use an article that cites 3 plays as justification for your POV. Got it.

It's evidence of it, of course I am. Glad I could clear that up for you.

justasportsfan
09-21-2023, 06:50 PM
Because he's smarter than everybody else. Duh.

He is smarter than all of t he coaches we've had since Marv.

daryls61
09-22-2023, 10:13 AM
Big Spector fan but doesn't seem to be making an impact. When can he come off IR?

Goobylal
09-22-2023, 11:10 AM
Big Spector fan but doesn't seem to be making an impact. When can he come off IR?

The last sentence would explain the first sentence. And I believe week 4.

Wasn't he leading the MLB comeptition in training camp before getting injured?

ParanoidAndroid
09-22-2023, 11:14 AM
The last sentence would explain the first sentence. And I believe week 4.

Wasn't he leading the MLB comeptition in training camp before getting injured?
No. I don't think he ever rose above #3 behind Dotson and Bernard.

Chet
09-23-2023, 06:22 AM
He is smarter than all of t he coaches we've had since Marv.

That is saying very little

DraftBoy
09-23-2023, 08:43 AM
None of the three current options are a solution, we either have to piece it together like patchwork this year or look for a midseason trade. I don’t think a trade is likely because that would mean admitting to a mistake, which we aren’t known to do.

kingJofNYC
09-23-2023, 09:04 AM
He's played better than I expected to be honest. I'm less concerned about his run D than his pass D, we still don't know what he can do in that area because the QBs we've played our pedestrian to say the least. Lets see how he defends the pass against a real passing attack, that will be his true test.

Goobylal
09-23-2023, 09:45 AM
None of the three current options are a solution, we either have to piece it together like patchwork this year or look for a midseason trade. I don’t think a trade is likely because that would mean admitting to a mistake, which we aren’t known to do.

There is no way to legitimately say this. It's been 2 games into the season and the defense has played well in both contests.

notacon
09-23-2023, 11:37 AM
There is no way to legitimately say this. It's been 2 games into the season and the defense has played well in both contests.

Like I predicted many times. Why?

The Bills added three important players on defense....Ray Floyd, Poona Ford and Taylor Rapp and injury bug has not hit....yet.

Because Poyer and Hyde are back at full strength. Hyde played only one full game last year.

Tre’ White is fully recovered from his injury instead of missing most of the season....and when he came back it took a few games to get back to his usual self.

Ray Floyd is a huge addition.

Greg Rousseau is getting better and better.

The meaningful competition at CB #2 has Benford showing that he is extremely good (especially for a 6th round pick..it’s like a gift from the football gods) while Elam (who has not been active yet) could probably start for the majority of NFL teams. That shows great depth at a critical position. Benford was OUT five games late in the season on IR.

Matt Milano is his usual stellar self.

Ed Oliver has grown into an extremely good (if not elite) DT.

All of this diminishes the importance of a MLB and easier to compensate for what is now the weakest position for the 2023 Bills defense as the TEAM DEFENSE is strong (at least so far.). When Von Miller returns, this defense is going to get even better.

Amazingly the first three games of this season has NO ONE on the Friday injury report. Compared to 2022 this is a HUGE reason for optimism (although, as we all know can change at any moment). Pro-Football Reference provides full injury report for the whole season.

The first two weeks after week one (and thereafter) of 2022 were dismal and it got worse and worse as the year progressed. Seeing it with color coded chart is eye popping (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2022_injuries.htm).

Week #2 2022 for defense:

Dane Jackson - Questionable
Ed Oliver - OUT
Tim Settle - Doubtful

Week #3 2022 for defense:

Micah Hyde - IR OUT for the season
Dane Jackson - OUT
Ed Oliver - OUT
Jordan Phillips - OUT
Tim Settle - Doubtful
Jordan Poyer - Questionable

That’s FOUR starters (including Tre’ White) OUT...over a THIRD of the starting eleven, with another rotational DT OUT.

YardRat
09-23-2023, 12:20 PM

I would still try for Dean or Muma before the deadline or this offseason. Would include Lloyd and Clark but they've already secured the starting positions in Jax and Dallas. We missed out.

DraftBoy
09-23-2023, 12:43 PM

Yes there is. It doesn’t take much to see the skill just isn’t there or acceptable.

Goobylal
09-23-2023, 01:03 PM
Yes there is. It doesn’t take much to see the skill just isn’t there or acceptable.

Then you're obviously watching a different team. While Bernard is still green when it comes to play-calling, that's understandable given his inexperience, which will improve with time.

DraftBoy
09-23-2023, 01:27 PM
Then you're obviously watching a different team. While Bernard is still green when it comes to play-calling, that's understandable given his inexperience, which will improve with time.

He’s overwhelmed at the point of attack, overpursues in angles, can get sucked in on counter plays or with OL post-snap motions, and doesn’t do well in traffic. Who gives a **** about his play calling? It’s his skil level that needs significant improvement.

Goobylal
09-23-2023, 02:36 PM
He’s overwhelmed at the point of attack, overpursues in angles, can get sucked in on counter plays or with OL post-snap motions, and doesn’t do well in traffic. Who gives a **** about his play calling? It’s his skil level that needs significant improvement.

Gee, sounds no worse than the guy he replaced. Except he's a 2nd year player and first-year starter...

And this isn't to say they shouldn't look for an upgrade. But that goes for any position that isn't occupied by an All-Pro. The Bills will just have to live with the growing pains for at least the year, if not longer given the investments elsewhere.

Mace
09-23-2023, 03:48 PM
Gee, sounds no worse than the guy he replaced. Except he's a 2nd year player and first-year starter...

And this isn't to say they shouldn't look for an upgrade. But that goes for any position that isn't occupied by an All-Pro. The Bills will just have to live with the growing pains for at least the year, if not longer given the investments elsewhere.

That's my middle ground in a nutshell. Still think he gets damaged anyway relatively soon.

DraftBoy
09-24-2023, 12:26 AM

Cool. I’m interested in getting better, don’t care about pointless comparisons with guys who are no longer here. Your last line is not acceptable given the decision to do **** to actually improve the position this offseason.

Goobylal
09-24-2023, 08:34 AM
Cool. I’m interested in getting better, don’t care about pointless comparisons with guys who are no longer here. Your last line is not acceptable given the decision to do **** to actually improve the position this offseason.

They addressed the position last year in the draft with Bernard and Spector. This year they drafted Williams, but they decided to play him at OLB. FA was a bust for MLBs with Edmunds being the top prize, journeyman Alex Anzalone who opted to remain in Detroit after having a career year in a contract year and then a bunch of 30+ year old players. As for the draft, AFAIK only Jack Campbell, who was taken 18th overall, is starting at MLB as a rookie for his team. So I'm not sure from where they were supposed to improve the position.

Woodman
09-24-2023, 09:10 AM
They addressed the position last year in the draft with Bernard and Spector. This year they drafted Williams, but they decided to play him at OLB. FA was a bust for MLBs with Edmunds being the top prize, journeyman Alex Anzalone who opted to remain in Detroit after having a career year in a contract year and then a bunch of 30+ year old players. As for the draft, AFAIK only Jack Campbell, who was taken 18th overall, is starting at MLB as a rookie for his team. So I'm not sure from where they were supposed to improve the position.

Excellent post! :cheers:

Novacane
09-24-2023, 12:21 PM
The guy can't play. :lol:

sahlensguy
09-24-2023, 12:23 PM
Haters gonna hate. Lol.

Some wrote him off after the 1st series against the Jets, if not earlier.

Goobylal
09-24-2023, 01:25 PM
Very impressive first half. Probably haven't seen a better one by a Bills defensive player in a decade. And for comparison's sake, he's already equaled Edmunds' best seasons for INTs and sacks.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2023, 01:42 PM
Can't give them freebies.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2023, 01:43 PM
That was close to a fumble.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2023, 01:45 PM
forward progress? There was no whistle. That would be the quickest forward progress call in the history of the game.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2023, 01:47 PM
Now they're getting lazy with tackling.

Novacane
09-24-2023, 02:06 PM
Hey Paranoid...................you're in the wrong thread :snicker:

Goobylal
09-24-2023, 02:27 PM
Very impressive first half. Probably haven't seen a better one by a Bills defensive player in a decade. And for comparison's sake, he's already equaled Edmunds' best seasons for INTs and sacks.

And add a FR.

sahlensguy
09-24-2023, 02:39 PM
Here comes the bandwagon

YardRat
09-24-2023, 02:56 PM
Bernard has more big plays the last two weeks than Edmunds ever had in a full season.

sahlensguy
09-24-2023, 03:02 PM
Bernard has more big plays the last two weeks than Edmunds ever had in a full season.

Big?? He only goes 225.

Mace
09-24-2023, 04:43 PM
Credit where credit is due, great game ! Still think he doesn't hold up physically.

sukie
09-24-2023, 04:47 PM
He had a career first Qtr. Well done. Now wax Milano’s car.

justasportsfan
09-24-2023, 06:44 PM
Milano who?

Just kidding

TigerJ
09-24-2023, 08:05 PM
He had a career first Qtr. Well done. Now wax Milano’s car. Wax on. Wax off. Wait until he resorts to "the crane" in a game.

Mace
09-24-2023, 08:11 PM
If he shows up big against the Dolphins....I can see myself becoming more favorable to his potential for a while.

ParanoidAndroid
09-24-2023, 09:17 PM
Hey Paranoid...................you're in the wrong thread :snicker:
I was wondering where everyone went. :chuckle:

DraftBoy
09-25-2023, 10:55 AM
Didn’t watch the game as I was traveling on Sunday, but sounds like he had a really good game. That’s terrific to see.

Canadian'eh!
09-25-2023, 12:38 PM
Didn’t watch the game as I was traveling on Sunday, but sounds like he had a really good game. That’s terrific to see.
It was really much more than terrific. His biggest plays all occurred while the game was still not decided. He essentially kept Washington from making a game of it at all. The whole D played well, but we added a lot as things went off the rails for Washington and he had really put them on the mat with his plays to begin with.

Edmunds had games where he played better than others, but I don’t remember one where he had anywhere close to that kind of impact.

obviously it takes more than a game to make a player, but it was a great one. Hopefully, he gains confidence and keeps it going

DraftBoy
09-25-2023, 12:51 PM
It was really much more than terrific. His biggest plays all occurred while the game was still not decided. He essentially kept Washington from making a game of it at all. The whole D played well, but we added a lot as things went off the rails for Washington and he had really put them on the mat with his plays to begin with.

Edmunds had games where he played better than others, but I don’t remember one where he had anywhere close to that kind of impact.

obviously it takes more than a game to make a player, but it was a great one. Hopefully, he gains confidence and keeps it going

I really don’t get the constant Edmunds comparisons. Why are we comparing a player we like to a player we think constantly underperformed? It doesn’t really seem to help Bernard by setting that kind of a bar.

Hopefully he can repeat this week v Miami because we will absolutely need our LB’s to be huge in the passing and running game to slow down that offense.

Goobylal
09-25-2023, 06:42 PM
I really don’t get the constant Edmunds comparisons. Why are we comparing a player we like to a player we think constantly underperformed? It doesn’t really seem to help Bernard by setting that kind of a bar.

Hopefully he can repeat this week v Miami because we will absolutely need our LB’s to be huge in the passing and running game to slow down that offense.

What is there not to get? Bernard is replacing Edmunds, the only loss on defense from last year (besides Frazier) and if he can at least provide what Edmunds did, what was a top-5 defense last year won't miss a beat. And if he's better...

Canadian'eh!
09-25-2023, 06:52 PM

It's making a note of what a difference it can make to have someone who is making those plays.

DraftBoy
09-25-2023, 08:06 PM
What is there not to get? Bernard is replacing Edmunds, the only loss on defense from last year (besides Frazier) and if he can at least provide what Edmunds did, what was a top-5 defense last year won't miss a beat. And if he's better...

If all we’re aiming for is to replace what Edmunds did then we have set our sights FAR too low. If that was the standard then we all should have been rooting for him to be extended.

DraftBoy
09-25-2023, 08:07 PM
It's making a note of what a difference it can make to have someone who is making those plays.

Let’s put a sticky on that one and come back in a few weeks to test that narrative.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-25-2023, 08:54 PM
If all we’re aiming for is to replace what Edmunds did then we have set our sights FAR too low. If that was the standard then we all should have been rooting for him to be extended.

No

Canadian'eh!
09-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Let’s put a sticky on that one and come back in a few weeks to test that narrative.
Wasn't implying he will manage to do similar things in an ongoing way. Only that it was refreshing to see in THIS game, after not seeing it so long.

Let me rephrase and see if you can stop arguing:

"It was great to have a MLB make a bunch of big plays in a game, after years of having Edmunds who almost never did"

Good enough?

Goobylal
09-25-2023, 10:11 PM

No one is saying that's what we're aiming for. We're saying that if he's at least as good as Edmunds, the defense should be fine. But early returns are looking like he's better than Edmunds.

DraftBoy
09-26-2023, 12:28 PM
Wasn't implying he will manage to do similar things in an ongoing way. Only that it was refreshing to see in THIS game, after not seeing it so long.

Let me rephrase and see if you can stop arguing:

"It was great to have a MLB make a bunch of big plays in a game, after years of having Edmunds who almost never did"

Good enough?

Let's just put a stick on the original comment and come back in a few weeks to test that narrative.

DraftBoy
09-26-2023, 12:29 PM
No one is saying that's what we're aiming for. We're saying that if he's at least as good as Edmunds, the defense should be fine. But early returns are looking like he's better than Edmunds.

You literally just said it.

Goobylal
09-26-2023, 02:12 PM
You literally just said it.

I literally did not. Notice the "at least" in my original statement.

DraftBoy
09-26-2023, 05:27 PM
I literally did not. Notice the "at least" in my original statement.

That doesn’t give you the grace you want to believe it does in your direct comparison. The “least” you make comparative wasn’t good enough before, so why would we want to make it acceptable now?

Goobylal
09-26-2023, 08:56 PM
That doesn’t give you the grace you want to believe it does in your direct comparison. The “least” you make comparative wasn’t good enough before, so why would we want to make it acceptable now?

Because Bernard is just a 2nd year player and a 1st year starter. Starting out at least as well as a 5th year player means he should become better with more experience.

YardRat
09-27-2023, 05:31 AM
He's going to have bad games. He has weaknesses. It's just a matter of time and finding out what is the norm and what is the exception. This past week's game is an exception regardless of what is established over the long haul. No linebacker has that kind of stat line since Urlacher, and no defense as a unit since Dallas in 1985.

DraftBoy
09-27-2023, 06:46 AM
Because Bernard is just a 2nd year player and a 1st year starter. Starting out at least as well as a 5th year player means he should become better with more experience.

It's possible that he gets better with more experience certainly. I just don't know why any of us would insist on comparing him to a player that we almost universally view as a failure.

Woodman
09-27-2023, 08:59 AM
He's gonna get better provided he can stay healthy.

notacon
09-27-2023, 11:41 AM
It's possible that he gets better with more experience certainly. I just don't know why any of us would insist on comparing him to a player that we almost universally view as a failure.

:rofl: The insane Edmunds hatred in a nutshell....”...a player that we almost universally view as a failure” is the same player that NFL professionals and professional media writers and analysts almost universally view as one of the best LB’s in the NFL.

There is a HUGE disconnect between the professionals that know what they are talking about and the posters here that know a LOT less about football than they think they do.

I’ll trust and value the professional experts.

Cali512
09-27-2023, 03:24 PM
:rofl: The insane Edmunds hatred in a nutshell....”...a player that we almost universally view as a failure” is the same player that NFL professionals and professional media writers and analysts almost universally view as one of the best LB’s in the NFL.

There is a HUGE disconnect between the professionals that know what they are talking about and the posters here that know a LOT less about football than they think they do.

You do realize bears fans already have turned on edmunds as well

Goobylal
09-27-2023, 03:51 PM

I never said Edmunds was a failure/sucks. The point was to say that everyone who thought the Bills didn't have a replacement for him were sorely wrong.

And he was just named AFC DPOTW.

DraftBoy
09-27-2023, 06:12 PM
I never said Edmunds was a failure/sucks. The point was to say that everyone who thought the Bills didn't have a replacement for him were sorely wrong.

And he was just named AFC DPOTW.

Well thats on you then.

Goobylal
09-27-2023, 06:33 PM
Well thats on you then.

Check your posts earlier this thread. Then we can talk who it's on.

Skooby
09-27-2023, 09:22 PM

Professional experts in Buffalo said goodbye to Edmunds so it’s reality versus hatred. I was at 3 games in FL & he was the direct cause for losses, no one else to blame for real. He took crap angles on tackles and blew it. If you weren’t there, you couldn’t see his stupidity but you’ll see him pursuing.

DraftBoy
09-27-2023, 09:24 PM
Check your posts earlier this thread. Then we can talk who it's on.

About not thinking Edmunds performances were acceptable? You got me…

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-27-2023, 10:33 PM
Yeah, crap angles, and that's not easy, for most of us, it's curly

notacon
09-28-2023, 01:16 PM
You do realize bears fans already have turned on edmunds as well

I don’t give a flying **** what Edmunds does in Chicago nor what their fans think about him. He is no longer on my team, and the obsession with crapping on him from so-called Bills “fans” is what is rather pathetic.

The Bills fans that “turned on him” were wrong....for years....and it would be no surprise if Chicago fans could be too.

Either way, it’s irrelevant to a real Bills fan.

Goobylal
09-28-2023, 03:33 PM
About not thinking Edmunds performances were acceptable? You got me…

He was a slightly above average MLB. But not worth nearly what the Bears gave him. And I'm thankful they did because it forced the Bills to find a replacement.

sukie
09-28-2023, 04:37 PM
I don’t give a flying **** what Edmunds does in Chicago nor what their fans think about him. He is no longer on my team, and the obsession with crapping on him from so-called Bills “fans” is what is rather pathetic.

The Bills fans that “turned on him” were wrong....for years....and it would be no surprise if Chicago fans could be too.

Either way, it’s irrelevant to a real Bills fan.

Yeah… fans could never be right.

Skooby
09-28-2023, 08:27 PM
We’re stupid and can only watch the entire field while there, seeing Edmunds hair flying around chasing people he can’t get is tough to watch. Bad angles and dumb decisions, Bernard is the opposite.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-28-2023, 10:41 PM
Yeah, hair flying around

notacon
09-29-2023, 12:10 PM

Except I never said that.

Do you understand what the word “never” means???