• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

Bernard

Bernard did something I never saw edmunds do, make a splash play. The pic was huge turning point in the game. Hate him or not, at least he’s making plays.
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Bernard

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll View Post
    Bernard did something I never saw edmunds do, make a splash play. The pic was huge turning point in the game. Hate him or not, at least he’s making plays.
    It was Greg Rousseau that made the “splash play”.

Bernard had played OK, he’s still not even close to the high level that Edmunds was while he was on the Bills.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      It was Greg Rousseau that made the “splash play”.

Bernard had played OK, he’s still not even close to the high level that Edmunds was while he was on the Bills.
      Edmunds would have been 15 yards away being blocked by a single receiver on top of him
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JoeMama
        Emotion Sickness
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
        Doesn't matter.

No matter what anyone thinks of Edmunds, the Bills never had the cap space to match what the Bears offered. It's moot.

As fans, we gotta look forward on this one. Not backward.
        Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• cookie G
          • Mar 2003

The guy who led the NFL in rushing last year had -2 yards with his longest gain being 3 yards.

Its early, but I'm not seeing the huge drop off so far.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
            Doesn't matter.

No matter what anyone thinks of Edmunds, the Bills never had the cap space to match what the Bears offered. It's moot.

Who is this Edmunds fellow you speak of?

Comment

• JoeMama
              Emotion Sickness
              • Oct 2002

^

This guy gets it.
              Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• notacon
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                Doesn't matter.

Tell that to the Edmunds haters who I predicted would continue to **** on Edmunds for years to come. So sad. So stupid.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  Edmunds would have been 15 yards away being blocked by a single receiver on top of him
                  Dear sweet Jesus

the amount of vitriol against a former player (who although disappointing) is insanely ridiculous on this board. I know some of you are just trolling Nota, but just give it a ****ing rest already

I swear edmunds gets more hate than vontae Davis, Willis Mcgahee or billy Joe hobert (if that was the guy who admitted he didn’t read the playbook and got released)
                  I came.
                  I saw.
                  I conquered.

Comment

• Chet
                    Allenhu Joshbar
                    • Feb 2017

Edmunds is a nice enough guy, but in the immortal words of Bodie Broadus, “His heart pump Koolaid”

I can’t remember a single splash play or boom-delivering hit in his time here. Not a single game sealing or momentum changing play in a big game comes to mind either.

Not saying it didn’t happen, I just have no recollection of it. To be fair it’s only been 5 years, maybe he just needed another 5 to put the pieces together

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

So far Bernard at minimum hasn't been a liability. That was my worry going into the season: that we have a gaping hole at MLB.

You can't have an impact player at every position. So some places you just need solid play and do no harm. We'll see what happens over a bigger body of evidence. But over 2 games Bernard seems to be solid enough.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

The communication so far since Edmunds left has been spotty at best on the defense. They’re taking too long to get set and a good offense is going to expose them. It’s growing pains for the young LBs but so far the production hasn’t dropped off. Regardless, we made the right decision to not pay him $14+m per year for the same production that we’re getting from the young LBs. on another note, Bears fans aren’t happy with their new LB yet but he is playing a new (correct) position so I expect his production to rise over time. We still made the right decision.

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

I actually like Bernard a lot. Nothing that hes done has made me think "edmunds makes that play" and the opposite is true. He reminds me of would happen if we had poyer gain 10 lbs and put him at MLB.

My only issue is his depth of drop. He drops back to deep and opens up the underneath for checkdowns. But hes a little missile which is refreshing to see

Bernard was no difference than edmunds the first game, but i have yet to see plays where the ball is 20 yds down the field while our MLB is still playing the misdirection like we saw with edmunds. Bernards field recognition and nose for the ball is better than edmunds
                          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

He made a tackle on a run at the los too. There hasn't been a drop-off.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

So far so good keep it going Bernard ..... and the confidence continues to grow!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
                              X