PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Rodgers return THIS season?

Mad Max
09-18-2023, 10:26 PM
Sounds bonkers but apparently it could happen.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-aims-for-potential-playoff-return-after-innovative-surgery

Woodman
09-18-2023, 10:29 PM
I'm ok with it.

Can't avoid a rush c'mon back buddy.

OpIv37
09-18-2023, 11:34 PM
Lmao. A 40 year old returning from an Achilles in less than 4 months. Not gonna ****ing happen. Love or hate Rodgers, the dude is tough as nails and an athletic freak from an era that didn’t have the science and technology that the Allen’s and Mahomes’ have. But age is a mother****er and science hasn’t perfected the recovery from that injury yet. People half his age don’t recover unscathed.

He needs to take his millions and ride off into the sunset to the tune of many more millions through endorsements and/or broadcasting.

Novacane
09-19-2023, 05:45 AM
Oh Please. One last gasp by the media to blow Rodgers and the Jets.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2023, 06:37 AM
Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt

jamze132
09-19-2023, 07:55 AM
It’ll be a moot point by then since the Jets will already have 8-9 losses.

Bill Cody
09-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Not this year but he'll be back at some point next year

Woodman
09-19-2023, 09:05 AM
Oh Please. One last gasp by the media to blow Rodgers and the Jets.

One for the road. :jig:

Oaf
09-19-2023, 10:16 AM
I tore my achilles playing football and had surgery mid-june. I'm jogging and lifting weights 3mos later. I'm a scrub wknd warrior with no $Ms to spend on medical. I could definitely see Rodgers playing in January in a very Tom Brady-esque manner (pocket-only, lot of grounded balls/throwaways).

Goobylal
09-19-2023, 11:22 AM
The Jets aren't making the playoffs so it's moot. As for next year, he was alraedy contemplating retirement. I don't see him coming back, and even more diminished capacity.

notacon
09-19-2023, 12:54 PM
If anyone could, it would be Rodgers.

The reports are about the kind of (relatively unique) procedure Rodger’s surgeon used to repair the damage are interesting in that it has a very good chance of resulting in a shorter (and more reliable) recovery.

Surgery methods have massively improved over the years....even in the short term.

His recovery is more about next year than this year. BUT, with the reality of what makes the Jets tick....elite defense and effective running game, could see them competing (but ultimately missing) for a playoff spot.

The AFC is where the best teams reside. It’s no surprise that there are only TWO unbeaten team after only two games. While SEVEN teams in the NFC are unbeaten. Every AFC game is going to be a dogfight.

Zach Wilson does not have to be Superman. He just has to stop making mistakes. Having Rodgers as a mentor can do nothing but help him.

Goobylal
09-19-2023, 01:17 PM
If anyone could, it would be Rodgers.

The reports are about the kind of (relatively unique) procedure Rodger’s surgeon used to repair the damage are interesting in that it has a very good chance of resulting in a shorter (and more reliable) recovery.

Surgery methods have massively improved over the years....even in the short term.

His recovery is more about next year than this year. BUT, with the reality of what makes the Jets tick....elite defense and effective running game, could see them competing (but ultimately missing) for a playoff spot.

The AFC is where the best teams reside. It’s no surprise that there are only TWO unbeaten team after only two games. While SEVEN teams in the NFC are unbeaten. Every AFC game is going to be a dogfight.

Zach Wilson does not have to be Superman. He just has to stop making mistakes. Having Rodgers as a mentor can do nothing but help him.

Their schedule is brutal. I see at best 5 more wins for them.

Woodman
09-19-2023, 03:17 PM
Not this year but he'll be back at some point next year

:idunno:

Woodman
09-19-2023, 03:19 PM
The Jets aren't making the playoffs so it's moot. As for next year, he was alraedy contemplating retirement. I don't see him coming back, and even more diminished capacity.
He just can't avoid any decent rush anymore ...........

notacon
09-20-2023, 11:52 AM
Their schedule is brutal. I see at best 5 more wins for them.

In today’s NFL....who knows???

They have an elite defense. Breece Hall is just starting to come into his own. He’s averaging 9.7 yards per carry so far. Dalvin Cook is still an impact player. Garrett Wilson is developing into an elite WR. Which is why so many were predicting big things with Rodgers in the fold.

It would not be a surprise if the Jets win (with the team they have now)....

@Denver
@NYG
LA Chargers
@Las Vegas
Miami
Atlanta
Houston
Washington
@Cleveland

Not saying they will....I’m closer to your 6 win prediction than this 10 win one....but there is a route for some success. I suspect they will end up somewhere in between 6 and 10 wins.

With Rodgers they would be leaning toward 10 wins...with Wilson they are leaning more toward 6.

Goobylal
09-20-2023, 12:15 PM
In today’s NFL....who knows???

They have an elite defense. Breece Hall is just starting to come into his own. He’s averaging 9.7 yards per carry so far. Dalvin Cook is still an impact player. Garrett Wilson is developing into an elite WR. Which is why so many were predicting big things with Rodgers in the fold.

It would not be a surprise if the Jets win (with the team they have now)....

@Denver
@NYG
LA Chargers
@Las Vegas
Miami
Atlanta
Houston
Washington
@Cleveland

Not saying they will....I’m closer to your 6 win prediction than this 10 win one....but there is a route for some success. I suspect they will end up somewhere in between 6 and 10 wins.

With Rodgers they would be leaning toward 10 wins...with Wilson they are leaning more toward 6.

OK, I can agree with the last sentence. But they'll be without Rodgers for the rest of the regular season. 6-11 isn't going to get it done. Hell 9-7 won't get it done and that's 3 wins more than the most optimistic outlook.

BansheeSioux
09-22-2023, 12:45 PM
OK, I can agree with the last sentence. But they'll be without Rodgers for the rest of the regular season. 6-11 isn't going to get it done. Hell 9-7 won't get it done and that's 3 wins more than the most optimistic outlook.

9-7 is more than enough in today's parody nfl.
7 teams etc.

Goobylal
09-22-2023, 05:47 PM
9-7 is more than enough in today's parody nfl.
7 teams etc.

Maybe in the NFC.

YardRat
09-22-2023, 05:51 PM
If you're stoned enough, anything seems possible.

Or so I'm told....

TigerJ
09-24-2023, 08:23 PM
The Jets aren't making the playoffs so it's moot. As for next year, he was alraedy contemplating retirement. I don't see him coming back, and even more diminished capacity.That's what I was thinking. The Jets are stuck with Zach Wilson. The Jets' win not withstanding, it really doesn't look as if Zach Wilson has what it takes to win the games necessary to make the playoffs in the tough AFC.

Cntrygal
09-25-2023, 07:21 PM
If the Jets have a losing record by the time Rodgers could come back, he'll have a "rehab setback".

Novacane
09-25-2023, 07:26 PM
If the Jets have a losing record by the time Rodgers could come back, he'll have a "rehab setback".

Welcome back!!!!!!!!! We missed you!

Cntrygal
09-25-2023, 07:27 PM
Welcome back!!!!!!!!! We missed you!

Maybe one or two of you. :rofl: