• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalogic
    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
    • Feb 2006

JA - KW QB confidential

This is a great breakdown. KW really knows what he’s talking about and does a great job delivering explanations to his audience. Everyone regardless of your stance on Allen should watch this. Josh is a freak of nature special talent, but he’s also a very cerebral player. This video does a good job illustrating both.

https://youtu.be/TLnN2CsCXkI?si=EVy-FsEcUHJfHFDu
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: JA - KW QB confidential

Josh is special. He can be...should be...the best player in the league, period. But by no stretch of the imagination did he play really well against the Jets.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
      Josh is special. He can be...should be...the best player in the league, period. But by no stretch of the imagination did he play really well against the Jets.
      It was his worst game as a Bill, IMO

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Who said he played well against the Jets?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Kurt Warner. Did you watch the video?
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            Kurt Warner. Did you watch the video?
            Kurt said Josh made 2 bad choices all game, and a couple of "gambles" which he won most of. Watch the video, he's not wrong really.

His point was all you need is a little bad luck and 2 awful choices and the next thing you know everyone is saying how awful you were. He was speaking from experience I might add. He related it to his own career. He pointed out Josh actually took what the Jets gave him most of the night. He got unlucky on 2 turnovers and 2 were definitely his fault. He pointed out that when you looked at the tape he basically had 2 bad choices all game and ended up with a statline that showed 4 turnovers.

Which is why his performance was "unfortunate". His review of the raider's game touched on it, because josh made 3 ~ I wouldn't say bad choices but dangerous ones in the raider's game, and ended up with 3 competitions 1 of which was a TD, the other two i think ended up as first downs. His point was Josh was Josh, those situations went about 50/50 against him vs the Jets, against the raiders they all went for him. He was saying you got to let Josh be Josh because he wins those gambles a lot more than he loses them; and it was just unfortunate those gambles went wrong against the jets (plus the two bad choices both turned into INTs, which usually doesn't happen to QBs, most QBs have a lot more then 2 bad decisions a game, and those almost never end up being INTs)
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
              • Mar 2004

Yeah. Sorry. You turn it over 4 times in a game, and you didn’t play well. Let’s go back to the Nate Peterman game and I can argue only 2 picks were really his fault. But, it’s all just shining up a turd.

Josh is a great player who had a terrible game vs NY.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                Yeah. Sorry. You turn it over 4 times in a game, and you didn’t play well. Let’s go back to the Nate Peterman game and I can argue only 2 picks were really his fault. But, it’s all just shining up a turd.

Josh is a great player who had a terrible game vs NY.
                Well, I would argue one of the turnovers position on the field, time it occured and how bad a choice it was to throw definitely was one of the worst INTs i've seen josh make in years, I did a rundown of all of Josh's INTs last year in a thread and frankly, none of them were as bad as one of those 3 ints against the jets. It was just an awful choice to throw it. Furthermore, while he didn't make a lot of bad choices against the jets (and made a lot of good ones), he also wasn't seeing the field right, and missed some things, so while you can't really said he made a bad choice or bad play, he didn't make a lot of "optimal" plays.

Kurt has a softspot for QBs who are good who had a rough game. He experienced plenty in his career, so he knows the feeling. I wouldn't say he's shining a turd. he just didn't see the need to dogpile him when on tape, it wasn't a terrible game (outside of 2 throws).

I mean the 3rd INT was just a defensive player making a fantastic play. That one can happen to anyone, and really was just bad luck. But the first two were atrocious. the first one sorta gets a pass because it was an arm punt and didn't really hurt us, but the second one was just awful.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                X