PDA

View Full Version : Fins Week… early thoughts?

sukie
09-26-2023, 11:50 AM
It is so much more pleasant living here when the Fins blow. Now it’s Fin country again. it’s been a good run. (Sigh)

Bills are at -2.5

I know how this is gonna go. Fins strike deep on a timing slant to Hill before anyone settles in on D.

they rely on timing. Then play action. The D needs to be disruptive upfront and the secondary has to scheme up some hybrid zone man looks.

you bet there are practices with Hardy going deep middle

just remember. They come out and swing for the fence. All is not lost at that point. Josh needs to control clock and work that D rated 21st.

Kenny
09-26-2023, 11:55 AM
Josh needs to play like a top QB. The last 2 wins he's played well, but it was really the D dominating both games and giving the team momentum. Even though we outplayed Washington, we left a lot of points on the field - And despite how the game felt, we only scored 16points well into the 3rd quarter.

Cant do that against the Fins.

daryls61
09-26-2023, 12:00 PM
Fins +3 is the bet. Buy the hook.

Chet
09-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Our secondary has looked SLOW, and the Dolphins have 4 of the fastest guys in the league at skill positions. With that said, the game will come down to three questions:

1) Which Josh shows up?
2) Can we generate pressure with front four?
3) Is McDermott capable of in-game adjustments that we will almost assuredly need after Miami lands a couple haymakers.

It’s crazy to think that a playoff team coming off a 70 burger is a dog, but just goes to show Vegas is still in love with Buffalo.

We need to see something from our coaches. The days of out-classing our divisional opponents on talent alone are over. There’s no Commanders or Raiders in this division

Woodman
09-26-2023, 12:27 PM
Keep Josh clean and we'll be fine.

notacon
09-26-2023, 02:24 PM
This situation is eerily similar to last year....but with some HUGE differences.

Last year Miami starts with two wins. Tua looks great and the Tyreek Hill acquisition has fast results.

Week 2 win (before the Bills game) is on the road in a shoot out (Baltimore is WAY better than Denver) with Miami winning 42-38. Tua is ON FIRE....36/50, 469 yards, SIX TD’s, 2 INTs.

Hill (and Waddle) have amazing games. Hill catches 11 balls for 190 yards and 2 TDs. Waddle is right behind him with 11 catches, 171 yards and 2 TD’s. Miami outguns Baltimore 547 total yards to 473.

The whole NFL media is talking about how Miami is “unstoppable”. Until they run into the buzzsaw of the Bills defense.

Tua is brought to earth (literally with Milano crashing him to the ground) 13/18 only 186 yards, 1 TD. Tyreek Hill is almost invisible....2 catches for 33 yards. Waddle did pick up the slack....4/102 but no TD’s.

Basically, Miami’s high flying offense was brought back to reality. The Bills outgunned the Fins a whopping 497 total yards to just 212.

The Bills lost because of several factors. Josh Allen fumbled the ball three times. The second one was devastating. After an efficient opening TD drive (Allen fumbled on Miami’s four yard line but fell on it himself) to go ahead 7-0, and the Bills defense stops Miami cold (on 5 plays, allowing only 13 yards) Josh fumbles and Miami gets the ball on Buffalo's SIX yard line. A gift tying TD.

The inexplicable short hopping an almost sure go ahead TD pass on 4th down with 1:49 to play.

The defense stuffed Miami for -1 yard on 3 plays but had the bad luck of a safety on the "butt punt” instead of getting the ball in much better field position.

The two biggest factors were the critical injuries to four starters who were OUT (Tre’ White, Micah Hyde, Dane Jackson, Ed Oliver (plus Jordan Phillips, while Gabe Davis was slowed down by an ankle sprain...Dawson Knox was also questionable for the game), and the game being in Miami in the unfair (on the away side of the field broiling to 120 degrees while not allowing the Bills to have cooling fans (https://wyrk.com/dolphins-home-field-advantage/#:~:text=One%20Bills%20Live%20recently%20said,own%20benches%20to%20the%20game.)), dangerous heat which had several Bills falling like flies because of cramping and adverse effects from the heat.

This week, same high flying Fins offense has the league buzzing. Except this time the game is in Buffalo. NO unfair dangerous advantage caused by excessive heat. NO INJURIES to ANY Of the Bills (except Von Miller).

The additions of Ray Floyd and Poona Ford are a noticeable upgrade. James Cook is tough to stop and Harris and Murray bring much needed toughness to the running game.

Josh had his terrible, no-good, awful performance out of his system after the week one debacle and has been a Miami KILLER since he’s been in the league.

I still expect a close, exciting game. Possibly a shoot out. I think that CBS Sports John Breech is inspired with this prediction (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-4-picks-patriots-stun-cowboys-with-upset-in-dallas-bills-beat-high-flying-dolphins-in-thriller/)....

If you have anything planned for Sunday at 1 p.m., I would go ahead and cancel it now, because you definitely don't want to miss this game. I don't care if you're scheduled to deliver a baby on Sunday at 1, tell the kid to wait three hours. As we all know, babies are very patient, so asking a baby to wait three more hours shouldn't be a big deal.
<o:p></o:p>
This is just the 11th game in NFL history to feature two teams that are both coming off a win of 34 points or more. I'm sure you heard about the Dolphins (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/MIA/miami-dolphins/) and the fact that they scored 70 points, but the Bills (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/BUF/buffalo-bills/) were also impressive in Week 3. Their 37-3 win over the Commanders (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/WAS/washington-commanders/) somehow flew under-the-radar, but that's probably because Miami's 70-point game broke the radar.
This game is giving us the unstoppable force (Miami's offense) against the immovable object (Buffalo's defense). The Dolphins have the NFL's highest-scoring offense and they'll be going up against a Bills defense that has surrendered the second-fewest points in the league through three weeks.
I would break down how those two sides are going to do agianst each other, but I'm not going to, because I think this game is going to do come to the play of Josh Allen (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2130670/josh-allen/). If there is one team that Allen has absolutely dominated in his career, it's the Dolphins. Miami just hasn't been able to figure out how to stop Allen. It's like asking a toddler to solve a puzzle that has 7,000 pieces. They don't even know where to start.
In Allen's last 10 games against the Dolphins, including the playoffs, he's gone 9-1 against them and the only loss was by two points. He's thrown at least two touchdown passes in 11 straight games against the Dolphins, which is an NFL record for consecutive games with multiple touchdowns against one team. He's averaging 276.2 passing yards per game and 52.2 rushing yards per game in his career against Miami, which makes him just one of two quarterbacks in NFL history to average at least 250 yards passing and 50 yards rushing against a single team.
When Josh Allen plays the Dolphins, he is the unstoppable force AND the immovable object. I don't even know if that makes sense, but if there is one thing that does make sense, it's Allen beating the Bills.
If the Dolphins score 70 this week, Allen will make sure the Bills score 71.
The pick:Bills 34-31 over Dolphins<o:p></o:p>

ghz in pittsburgh
09-26-2023, 02:25 PM
Out of Miami's 3 games, 2 opposing coaches admitted that Miami turned the games into a track meet. Only Belichick managed to avoid that. He mixed in a lot of 3 safeties looks, basically having 5 DBs to take away the explosive plays. I think the Bills, with Taron Johnson's ability for run support, is more capable than the Patriots to deploy that strategy.

Miami actually adapted to Patriots' 3 safeties by pushing wide horizontally at the LB level because there are only 2 LBs on the field. Again I think the Bills are well equipped, assuming Bernard is the real deal who can handle covering RB/TEs.

There will be leakages - I'm actually concerned about Poyer and Hyde, especially Poyer, who seems to have lost a step or half, and the Bills are notorious for losing contains to fast RBs. I'd happy the Bills give up only 2 big plays to Miami. The rest will be on Allen and the offense. They need to score into the 30s again to win.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2023, 02:39 PM
3 things I'm looking for on the Defensive side, because I'm not worried about the offense.

1.) Do not play man to man. I don't care how good you think Tre is or anyone else, for that matter. Hill will absolutely destroy you in man. You cannot let them get quick scores/huge plays.

2.) Don't let them gash you on the ground. Miami tore **** up last week. Stop the run, force them into longer 2nd and 3rd downs. Put your defense in a good position.

3.) Get to Tua, if you can't get to him, get your arms up and deflect passes. Miami throws a lot of timing/quick patterns. Disrupt that. Their O-line has only given up 2 sacks this season. There's a reason. They don't let Tua sit there and hold the ball. Counter that by playing zone and bumping the WRs off at the LOS, disrupting timing.

Buffalogic
09-26-2023, 03:09 PM
Miami is a fraud team. A copycat sf scheme with the weakest armed qb in the league. All smoke and mirrors. Cover the middle of the field and generate a rush and it’s game over. Tua can’t throw outside the number unless he has a 7 yard running head start so pressure and affecting their timing is paramount since they have a one dimensional passing game.

sukie
09-26-2023, 03:16 PM
They do a lot of KC things with shovel passes etc.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-26-2023, 03:19 PM
One more thing. Tua is known to rarely throw deep sidelines, probably due to arm strength. The 3 safeties Belichick deployed generally brackets the middle field. He let corners to handle sideline shots one on one.

There is a reason Belichick is known to force you beat him left-handed: he takes your best punch away. Tua's best throws are deep middle. Denver just didn't take the notice. Peyton is either arrogant or not that good a HC after all.

jamze132
09-26-2023, 03:37 PM
We’ll see how stubborn McDermott’s defense is this week. He needs to call a much different scheme.

Woodman
09-26-2023, 03:40 PM
We’ll see how stubborn McDermott’s defense is this week. He needs to call a much different scheme.
They change depending on opponent ..... or you're not a very smart coach.

TAKE AWAY THE MIDDLE make Tua uncomfortable.

OpIv37
09-26-2023, 04:38 PM
This is gonna be ugly. I don’t see how we keep up with them. Josh is going to have to be perfect.

It’s also must-win. If we lose, we will have 2 losses in both the Div and the conf, and we will be 2 games and a tiebreaker behind the Fish. People will say that it’s a long season and that stuff doesn’t matter in week 4, but one loss can be the difference between home field advantage in the playoffs. With the way Miami is playing, one win could cost us the Div.

Turf
09-26-2023, 04:52 PM
I think Miami shot their wad last week and stats say they will come back to earth. And is the pervading thought here, take away the middle of the field and make him throw wide. Keep arms up in the air, he needs a passing lane. Bernard should look for his passing lanes and go there.

Jimkelly12203
09-26-2023, 05:21 PM
I think Miami shot their wad last week and stats say they will come back to earth. And is the pervading thought here, take away the middle of the field and make him throw wide. Keep arms up in the air, he needs a passing lane. Bernard should look for his passing lanes and go there.
Our secondary is savvy, but probably way too slow (old) to handle the speed Miami is going to bring.

I think McD will do a good job equaling the other McD schematically.

Our LBs are light and fast and instinctive. That will help.

Our defensive line is pretty big and fast. Tua is short. Get your hands up! That will help.

Bottom line, we're going to have to out score them.

This is not a week for Josh to play conservative. But if we can get more of these wonderful, sustained, 10+ play drives that eat up 8 minutes of the clock... That would be the recipe for success.

If we lose, it isn't the end of the world, but it does put us in a pretty big hole in the division.

Tua is no freaking joke man... The dude is frail, but he can play!

I think this one is going to be a shoot out.

Josh is going to have to be superman in this game. Most games, we just need him to stay grounded and level headed.

Not this game.

This is the game where we unleash incredible hulk Josh and just roll the dice. He will either destroy everything or save the day. Bruce Banner time BayBee.

Historically, Josh is a Fish murderer!

Jimkelly12203
09-26-2023, 05:26 PM
Most games, we just need Josh to play smart. Not this week. I think this week we unleash sugar high Josh and let the chips fall where they may. Sugar high Josh kills things. Sometimes it is suicide, but more often than not, he kills the other guys. This week, I say eff it!

Novacane
09-26-2023, 06:51 PM
I'm expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I'm used to seeing our D shut down crap QB's then getting run over by good ones. I'm glad we're having this test early so we know if they're real or fake. Even if the D is for real Miami will move the ball. If they are for real they will force FG's instead of TD's and get a couple turnovers. If they do that and Josh has his best game so far this year I think we'll win.

sukie
09-26-2023, 07:13 PM
Elam and Hamlin suit up this week? Both are quick and Elam is known to be better in Man cover….

YardRat
09-26-2023, 08:27 PM
Elam and Hamlin suit up this week? Both are quick and Elam is known to be better in Man cover….

If they play man they might as well concede right now.

Gibby 2.0
09-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Miami is good, but I am gonna say Bills 42, Dolphins 31. 70 is impressive, but Denver is a special kind of bad this year. I am a lot more worried about the Dolphins game in December, but I like the Bills with a good win in Buffalo

jamze132
09-26-2023, 09:38 PM

We should avoid man against Hill and Waddell at all costs.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-27-2023, 05:02 AM
I’m worried about misdirection runs. The bills have shown
a relative weakness to those early in the year

Historian
09-27-2023, 07:42 AM
I'm tellin ya, this is a FG game.

Both offenses will be stymied.

It's going to come down to the kicking....and the kick coverage.

sukie
09-27-2023, 07:44 AM
What about the Dolphins D is stymiable?

Historian
09-27-2023, 07:48 AM
Divisional game.

Woodman
09-27-2023, 08:00 AM
I would normally say we know each other ..... however .... our defense is so less predictable than in the past that I believe we'll create a few surprises. This week we get to see what McD has in his bag of tricks.

Historian
09-27-2023, 08:11 AM
...and that will be how they eke out a victory, Woodsie.

That, and our run game on offense.

Weather will NOT be a factor, as it is supposed to be 78 and sunny all weekend.

Woodman
09-27-2023, 08:16 AM
...and that will be how they eke out a victory, Woodsie.

That, and our run game on offense.

Weather will NOT be a factor, as it is supposed to be 78 and sunny all weekend.

We're just different enough to make a difference. :cheers:

:squish: :squish:

ghz in pittsburgh
09-27-2023, 08:59 AM
I would normally say we know each other ..... however .... our defense is so less predictable than in the past that I believe we'll create a few surprises. This week we get to see what McD has in his bag of tricks.

There was a nice breakdown back in February from Cover 1 that offenses keyed on Bills nickel CB positioning pre-snap to read whether it is a run defense set or an pass defense set.

It sort of confirmed a lot of us were thinking then - teams know what the Bills D were doing towards the end of last season.

I hope the Bills learned a lesson and strengthening their self scouting. This kind of back and forth will continue this year too. Actually right about now, the 4th game, people are going to identify trends any team is doing and come up with counter-measures.

Woodman
09-27-2023, 09:07 AM
There was a nice breakdown back in February from Cover 1 that offenses keyed on Bills nickel CB positioning pre-snap to read whether it is a run defense set or an pass defense set.

It sort of confirmed a lot of us were thinking then - teams know what the Bills D were doing towards the end of last season.

I hope the Bills learned a lesson and strengthening their self scouting. This kind of back and forth will continue this year too. Actually right about now, the 4th game, people are going to identify trends any team is doing and come up with counter-measures.

Right now there's really nothing to absolutely key on and if McD can keep that going ..... it's gonna be a fun season. Keep mixing s-hit up Sean.

sukie
09-27-2023, 09:34 AM
Peter Shrager GMFB

“I can’t believe Miami is an underdog in this game.”

all the talk is Miami Hill Tua and no one is talking about Buffalo’s D or a certain Creature 17

i bet the boys love it. Diggs is chomping at the bit to get out there. I bet Sherfield is psyched.

Historian
09-27-2023, 09:35 AM
Listening to WGR this am....

OP is right.

If there is an early "must-win" game for Buffalo, it's this one.

Bills lose, then the Jet loss becomes huge. 2-2, and 0-2 in the division, which would put us technically three games behind Miami.

If they win, they are 3-1 at the end of the first quarter of the season, and own 1st by tiebreaker.

Look down the schedule.

Buffalo goes to KC....the fish play them at a neutral site.

Buffalo goes to Cinci....the fish go to Baltimore.

Bills host Jax....fish host Tenn.

Both travel to Philly.

I would say their schedule is somewhat easier than ours.

Bills need to win Sunday, or will pretty much be playing for a wild card.

JMO

sukie
09-27-2023, 11:39 AM
Lots of projections after a week 4 requires tons of assumptions.

(BTW Bills don’t really host Jags)

notacon
09-27-2023, 11:48 AM
3 things I'm looking for on the Defensive side, because I'm not worried about the offense.

1.) Do not play man to man. I don't care how good you think Tre is or anyone else, for that matter. Hill will absolutely destroy you in man. You cannot let them get quick scores/huge plays.

2.) Don't let them gash you on the ground. Miami tore **** up last week. Stop the run, force them into longer 2nd and 3rd downs. Put your defense in a good position.

3.) Get to Tua, if you can't get to him, get your arms up and deflect passes. Miami throws a lot of timing/quick patterns. Disrupt that. Their O-line has only given up 2 sacks this season. There's a reason. They don't let Tua sit there and hold the ball. Counter that by playing zone and bumping the WRs off at the LOS, disrupting timing.

Although I agree with your observations and suggestions, I totally disagree about “not being worried about the offense”.

That’s ALL that I worry about. Every loss last year was mainly because the offense either underperformed or made glaringly bad mistakes (yes, Josh, I’m looking at you). Same with this year. Josh makes only one half of the boneheaded mistakes and the Bills win going away.

If Josh and the offense play like they are capable of playing, Miami will not be able to stop them. The Bills stop themselves.

It is impossible to totally stop an offense like Miami’s. Harass the **** out of Tua....Make a few big plays on defense....keep the game close and give the offense a chance to cook.

notacon
09-27-2023, 12:14 PM
This is gonna be ugly. I don’t see how we keep up with them. Josh is going to have to be perfect.

It’s also must-win. If we lose, we will have 2 losses in both the Div and the conf, and we will be 2 games and a tiebreaker behind the Fish. People will say that it’s a long season and that stuff doesn’t matter in week 4, but one loss can be the difference between home field advantage in the playoffs. With the way Miami is playing, one win could cost us the Div.

It could “get ugly” for Miami, not the Bills.

The Miami defense, basically sucks, and the Bills defense is playing extremely well.

Yes, I know it’s only three weeks but the team defense stats (https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2023/seasontype/2) are very revealing....

Total Yards allowed per game average:
#2 - Bills - 253
#23 - Miami - 361.3

Passing yards allowed PGA:
#3 - Bills - 142.3
#20 - Miami - 231.3

Rushing yards allowed PGA:
#14 - Bills - 110.7
#24 - Miami - 130

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 11.7
#21 - Miami - 23.7

The same reality for 2022 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/totalPointsPerGame/dir/asc)....

Total Yards allowed PGA:
#6 Bills - 319.1
#18 - Miami - 337.8

#15 - Bills - 214.6
#27 - Miami - 234.8

#4 - Miami - 104.6
#5 - Bills - 104.6

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 17.9
#24 - Miami - 23.5

Miami is not going to be able to stop the Bills (if they play even close to their capability). The Bills will be able to slow down Miami.

That is not saying the the Bills absolutely will win (although I think they will). But your (usual sourpuss) nonsense that "I don’t see how we keep up with them” shows how you quit on this team so easily.

Kenny
09-27-2023, 12:42 PM
Thought I'd lighten the atmosphere! It's fins week, so had to post this one :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDgJJuyXHY (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDgJJuyXHY)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KUDgJJuyXHY?si=9BvQBJd2-J7WWNHx" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2023, 02:01 PM
Although I agree with your observations and suggestions, I totally disagree about “not being worried about the offense”.

That’s ALL that I worry about. Every loss last year was mainly because the offense either underperformed or made glaringly bad mistakes (yes, Josh, I’m looking at you). Same with this year. Josh makes only one half of the boneheaded mistakes and the Bills win going away.

If Josh and the offense play like they are capable of playing, Miami will not be able to stop them. The Bills stop themselves.

It is impossible to totally stop an offense like Miami’s. Harass the **** out of Tua....Make a few big plays on defense....keep the game close and give the offense a chance to cook.

I shouldn't say I'm not worried about the offense, but to me, this game will be won/lost on the defensive/special teams side of the ball.

Mace
09-27-2023, 02:50 PM
I'm expecting the worse and hoping for the best. I'm used to seeing our D shut down crap QB's then getting run over by good ones. I'm glad we're having this test early so we know if they're real or fake. Even if the D is for real Miami will move the ball. If they are for real they will force FG's instead of TD's and get a couple turnovers. If they do that and Josh has his best game so far this year I think we'll win.

Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Don't feel bad saying I'm not comfortable. Their performance in this one will set a tone.

notacon
09-28-2023, 12:36 PM
I shouldn't say I'm not worried about the offense, but to me, this game will be won/lost on the defensive/special teams side of the ball.

Yeah....”worried” is a difficult word to use.

It’s just that the Bills defense is plainly superior to Miami’s. Although the goal is not to stop Miami’s speedsters and offense but rather more to slow it down. The offense MUST score points.

Will we get good, unstoppable, smart Josh???? If we do, the Bills probably win. The only, let’s say, concern is that no one knows what Josh is going to show up.

notacon
09-28-2023, 12:50 PM
BTW....the Bills defense has allowed, in the first three games of the season, only one point more than Miami allowed in the FIRST game alone!!!

Miami has allowed TWICE as many points as the Bills. With two games vs well under average offensive teams, that is a glaring weak spot.

The game has the Bills strength, defense (#2 in least points allowed), vs Miami’s strength, offense (#1 in points scored).

But it also has the Bills other strength, offense (#2 in scoring), vs Miami’s weakness, defense (#21 in points allowed).

sukie
09-28-2023, 01:34 PM
This seems to be a battle of offenses yet the D is playing with confidence. Def being overlooked by talking heads.

Chet
09-28-2023, 01:46 PM
BTW....the Bills defense has allowed, in the first three games of the season, only one point more than Miami allowed in the FIRST game alone!!!

Miami has allowed TWICE as many points as the Bills. With two games vs well under average offensive teams, that is a glaring weak spot.

The game has the Bills strength, defense (#2 in least points allowed), vs Miami’s strength, offense (#1 in points scored).

But it also has the Bills other strength, offense (#2 in scoring), vs Miami’s weakness, defense (#21 in points allowed).

Let’s be honest though…the Bills defense has played Zach Wilson, Sam Howell and Jimmy Garoppolo

sukie
09-28-2023, 01:50 PM
News all over the web

Tyreek wants to be a porn star post football career.

(as soon as next week!)

I don’t think blazing speed is an advantage in that industry.

Novacane
09-28-2023, 02:26 PM
Let’s be honest though…the Bills defense has played Zach Wilson, Sam Howell and Jimmy Garoppolo

That's fair. We've seen this before. This week is their chance to prove they are different.

cas22
09-28-2023, 02:55 PM

and we have lost the last 2 games against the worst QB in the game, whats that say? it tells me what I've already new that this game is a 22 man game and one position can help you win but its a team sport.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-28-2023, 06:41 PM
I think Tua will unfortunately throw up more gang signs...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd3rPCsUAAAWnDk?format=jpg&name=small

Woodman
09-28-2023, 08:04 PM
News all over the web

Tyreek wants to be a porn star post football career.

(as soon as next week!)

I don’t think blazing speed is an advantage in that industry.

Str8 up a sshole.

MDFINFAN
09-28-2023, 10:50 PM
I think Tua will unfortunately throw up more gang signs...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fd3rPCsUAAAWnDk?format=jpg&name=small

That's truely a low blow.. is that how you want to win? and is that how you want to see a player? Wow

Chet
09-28-2023, 11:00 PM
That's truely a low blow.. is that how you want to win? and is that how you want to see a player? Wow

Let’s break that down by question:

1. Umm…sure? A win is a win
2. No, don’t wish serious injury on most players

YardRat
09-29-2023, 05:47 AM
Poyer still not practicing. Hyde is dinged.

Hamlin is probably going to be active and we may up seeing a bunch of him and Rapp on the field. And we have no safety on the practice squad to call up.

We could get real thin on the back end, real quick.

Woodman
09-29-2023, 07:13 AM
Next man up :idunno:

notacon
09-29-2023, 12:36 PM

I know that. Which is why the test vs Miami is so difficult.

Miami had a high flying offense vs Chargers and Denver.,...two of the worst defensive teams in the NFL. When they faced a defense that was better in NE, they struggled (as compared to the other games).

The Bills defense has been very good for years now. The Bills defense is similar to NE’s in quality. They are both top 10 defenses. (although the Bills are ranked higher than NE and have been for several years).

The fact remains that Miami’s defense is relatively poor, no matter who they play against. They barely held Mac Jones to 17 points. If not for a one inch difference on a 4th down play late in their game, it could have easily gone to OT.

The fact also remains that the Bills defense is one of their strengths as is their offense.

In the NFL, if your average points allowed is consistently at the very top of the NFL....either #1 or #2 in the past three years and four out of the past five, the defense is excellent.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-29-2023, 02:37 PM

YES I AM AN AWFUL PERSON.

sukie
09-29-2023, 02:51 PM
He really is… not allowed to be around puppies.

Woodman
09-29-2023, 03:13 PM
He really is… not allowed to be around puppies.

Or kittens.

Woodman
09-29-2023, 03:15 PM

Your full of something yeah. :drunks:

Woodman
09-29-2023, 07:45 PM
It is so much more pleasant living here when the Fins blow. Now it’s Fin country again. it’s been a good run. (Sigh)

Bills are at -2.5

I know how this is gonna go. Fins strike deep on a timing slant to Hill before anyone settles in on D.

they rely on timing. Then play action. The D needs to be disruptive upfront and the secondary has to scheme up some hybrid zone man looks.

you bet there are practices with Hardy going deep middle

just remember. They come out and swing for the fence. All is not lost at that point. Josh needs to control clock and work that D rated 21st.

Mr. Pink
09-29-2023, 09:00 PM
If we don't play a shell defense and allow Miami big plays, it's going to be a long day, and we better be prepared offensively to score 40+

I don't like our odds in a shoot out.

Miami has a lot of team speed.

YardRat
09-30-2023, 06:09 AM
The league really needs to do something about the blatant disregard for player safety by the Miami organization.

Historian
10-01-2023, 01:47 PM
How so, Rat?

Buffalogic
10-01-2023, 02:47 PM
Miami is a fraud team. A copycat sf scheme with the weakest armed qb in the league. All smoke and mirrors. Cover the middle of the field and generate a rush and it’s game over. Tua can’t throw outside the number unless he has a 7 yard running head start so pressure and affecting their timing is paramount since they have a one dimensional passing game.you can beat winless Denver with garbage sideways **** passes, but not real teams. Tua is a fraud, Miami is a fraud.

Novacane
10-01-2023, 02:56 PM

At least your first sentence was correct. :lol:

Novacane
10-01-2023, 02:59 PM

The Miami defense, basically sucks, and the Bills defense is playing extremely well.

Yes, I know it’s only three weeks but the team defense stats (https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2023/seasontype/2) are very revealing....

#2 - Bills - 253
#23 - Miami - 361.3

#3 - Bills - 142.3
#20 - Miami - 231.3

#14 - Bills - 110.7
#24 - Miami - 130

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 11.7
#21 - Miami - 23.7

The same reality for 2022 (https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/totalPointsPerGame/dir/asc)....

Total Yards allowed PGA:
#6 Bills - 319.1
#18 - Miami - 337.8

#15 - Bills - 214.6
#27 - Miami - 234.8

#4 - Miami - 104.6
#5 - Bills - 104.6

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 17.9
#24 - Miami - 23.5

Miami is not going to be able to stop the Bills (if they play even close to their capability). The Bills will be able to slow down Miami.

That is not saying the the Bills absolutely will win (although I think they will). But your (usual sourpuss) nonsense that "I don’t see how we keep up with them” shows how you quit on this team so easily.

Nice call :bf1:

Chet
10-01-2023, 03:08 PM
Best $500 I ever lost. Goddamn what a thoroughly satisfying beatdown tempered only by very key injuries

Woodman
10-01-2023, 03:09 PM
Great game !!!!!

justasportsfan
10-01-2023, 06:00 PM
After all the hype , the bills made this a meh game by making sushi out of the fish. It was interesting for the 1st qtr.

Now all the experts look like idiots.

Novacane
10-01-2023, 06:02 PM
After all the hype , the bills made this a meh game by making sushi out of the fish. It was interesting for the 1st qtr.

Now all the experts look like idiots.

They're experts in their own eyes only.

YardRat
10-01-2023, 06:09 PM
How so, Rat?

They need to get rid of the dumbass home field rules when it comes to extreme heat...and extreme cold for that matter. Both can be dangerous, but heat can be...has been and is...a killer.

justasportsfan
10-01-2023, 06:16 PM
They're experts in their own eyes only.
Some of them played the game . We knew what Josh could do if he wasn't trying g to beat himself bur this is now a testament of what our D can do.

If our D can stay healthy come playoffs, bring on Mahomes.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 06:25 PM
:gobills: :gobills: :gobills: :gobills: :gobills:

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 06:41 PM
At least your first sentence was correct. :lol:

Well I was also right about Josh needing to be perfect, cuz he was. But yeah, I was wrong on this one.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 07:18 PM
Well I was also right about Josh needing to be perfect, cuz he was. But yeah, I was wrong on this one.

I have detected your decision matrix.

1. You feel good when the Bills win.
2. You feel good when your prediction about the Bills outcome is correct.
3. You can tolerate one or the other being good outcomes, but cannot tolerate both being bad.
4. Therefore, you must discount the Bills’ win chances in order to avoid the double loss.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 07:25 PM

Woodman
10-01-2023, 07:27 PM

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 07:59 PM
I have detected your decision matrix.

1. You feel good when the Bills win.
2. You feel good when your prediction about the Bills outcome is correct.
3. You can tolerate one or the other being good outcomes, but cannot tolerate both being bad.
4. Therefore, you must discount the Bills’ win chances in order to avoid the double loss.

You overcomplicate things. I simply assume the Bills will let me down in the biggest moments cuz that’s all I know.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 08:02 PM
You overcomplicate things. I simply assume the Bills will let me down in the biggest moments cuz that’s all I know.

It's not that complicated. Being let down is the day-in day-out for sports fans. For you, it's an immense hurt. You're not alone. But you definitely can't homer your team.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 08:04 PM

Let's see how it works for you. Pick one of the remaining Bills games that is going to be a tough game. Then, find all the reasons they can beat them down. Then, write a convincing post illustrating your belief.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 08:06 PM
You overcomplicate things.

:D

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 09:22 PM
Let's see how it works for you. Pick one of the remaining Bills games that is going to be a tough game. Then, find all the reasons they can beat them down. Then, write a convincing post illustrating your belief.

Like, do exactly what I’ve been doing since this board started over 20 years ago? Yeah, I’ll prob do that.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Like, do exactly what I’ve been doing since this board started over 20 years ago? Yeah, I’ll prob do that.

You go old-timer! I’m just picking on your anti-homerism.

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 09:35 PM
You go old-timer! I’m just picking on your anti-homerism.

Oh I love the Bills but I can’t and won’t be a homer. That being said, while I can be biased, I’m also a realist. I’ll believe this team can do it if and only if they prove it.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Oh I love the Bills but I can’t and won’t be a homer. That being said, while I can be biased, I’m also a realist. I’ll believe this team can do it if and only if they prove it.

If they prove it, belief is and wasn’t necessary. You’re getting ripped up in the jets thread.

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 10:01 PM
If they prove it, belief is and wasn’t necessary. You’re getting ripped up in the jets thread.

Ok. Don’t care. Belief without proof is religion and religion is bull****. I’ll wait for the proof.

sukie
10-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Ok. Don’t care. Belief without proof is religion and religion is bull****. I’ll wait for the proof.
Sounds like me discussing Climate Alarmism.

sahlensguy
10-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Sounds like me discussing Climate Alarmism.

If religion is true, you'll find out after you die.

If CC is true, you'll find out before you die.

sukie
10-02-2023, 01:03 PM
If religion is true, you'll find out after you die.

If CC is true, you'll find out before you die.
I’m 60 next month… somebody better step on it.

notacon
10-02-2023, 01:04 PM

Jesus. Talk about TOTALLY lacking in self awareness. Your posts do NOT show someone who “love(s) the Bills”. Not in this solar system of reality anyway.

The ability to recognize that the Bills have been and are one of the best teams in the NFL is NOT, in ANY way, shape or form of being a “homer”

A ”homer” is one who ignores all reality and overinflates the quality of a team in a delusional manner. We saw a lot of that during the drought.

What you are doing is the TOTAL OPPOSITE.

You are GROSSLY UNDER INFLATING and unrealistically CRAPPING on a Bills team that is, yes, one of the best teams in the NFL.

You start from a NEGATIVE place and build on that fantasy land delusion with more and more stupid cynical baloney.

No ONE VALUES what this team has to “prove” to YOU!!!! That tired hubris has been shown to be one of the grossly hypocritical double standards you employ mostly against the Bills.

When you said (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263893-Fins-Week%E2%80%A6-early-thoughts?p=5044667&viewfull=1#post5044667)….

“This is gonna be ugly. I don’t see how we keep up with them.”….” With the way Miami is playing, one win could cost us the Div.”

Or when you use the ‘I’ll believe the Bills can beat (fill in the blank….like I’m sure you said about them having to "prove” they could beat Miami)…you have it 100% BACKWARDS.

As I pointed (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263893-Fins-Week%E2%80%A6-early-thoughts?p=5044793&viewfull=1#post5044793)out the REALITY that it was MIAMI that had to “prove” they could beat the Bills.

If one looks at the facts (as I detailed), (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263928-Dolphins-Bills-GDT-!!?p=5045496&viewfull=1#post5045496) (and NOT with “homer” glasses) of how much a Fin killer Josh has been, only an idiot would NOT say that MIAMI has to “prove” they could stop Josh Allen and beat the Bills.

Josh Allen has never lost to Miami in Buffalo. Miami has never been able to slow him down much less stop him.

Here are Josh’s stats vs Miami....(not including the total beat down yesterday)

<tbody>

C
A
%
Yrds
TD
INT
Rush
Yrds
Avg
TD

Wild Card 2022 @Bills
Bills 34-31
59%

Week 15 2022 @Bills
Bills 32-29
63%

Week 4 2022 @Fins
Miami 21-19
67%

Week 8 2021 @Bills
Bills 26-11
69%

Week 2 2021 @Fins
Bills 35-0
52%

Week 17 2020 @Bills
Bills 56-26
72%

Week 2 2020 @Fins
Bills 31-28
69%

Week 11 2019 @Fins
Bills 37-20
64%

Week 7 2019 @Bills
Bills 31-21
62%

Week 17 2018 @Bills
Bills 42-17
65%

Week 13 2018 @Fins
Miami 21-17
55%

9-2
63%

</tbody>
Taking one of Opi’s lines....I’ll believe Miami can beat the Bills in Buffalo when they show they can do it.

Bills - 34
Fins - 31

They did not prove they could beat the Bills in Buffalo.

One of the most enjoyable parts of the broadcast yesterday, was when Jim Nance and Tony Romo talked about what YOU said before the season even began (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263749-Jets-Week?p=5040036&viewfull=1#post5040036)….

“I think this year is going to be a setback, and the cap is a mess next year so it looms like a rebuild rather than some quick fixes. The window isn’t closing. It’s already slammed shut.”

They literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD and mercilessly mocked anyone that said this kind of crap that the Bills' SB window is closing. They were talking DIRECTLY TO and ABOUT YOU Opi.

You took it one further and have already QUIT ON THE BILLS by saying “It’s already slammed shut”

Please. Just. Stop. It.

Your constant, irritating, insufferable crapping on the Bills is not a sign of NOT being a “homer”…it’s a sure sign of a delusional NON-FAN of a team who talks more like a “fan” of the team who are our enemies!!!!

sahlensguy
10-02-2023, 01:08 PM
I’m 60 next month… somebody better step on it.

Maybe your age is why you blow it off?

sukie
10-02-2023, 01:52 PM
Maybe your age is why you blow it off?

nope 100% lack of proof.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-02-2023, 03:26 PM

Your religion then is anti-Bills, because you held the belief quite certainly that the Dolphins would take a commanding AFCE lead. No proof there.

justasportsfan
10-02-2023, 03:31 PM

I'm with you one this. They dont just lose, they lose in heartbreak fashion.
The difference between you and I is that I dont count them out like you do.
For as long as McD is the coach and Allen is the QB, we'll always have a chance . Even against the best team. If hero ball stays home, we may even be the better team.

justasportsfan
10-02-2023, 03:37 PM

if you're constantly wrong like you have been the last few years, how can you claim to be a realist over those who have been right?

Woodman
10-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Your religion then is anti-Bills, because you held the belief quite certainly that the Dolphins would take a commanding AFCE lead. No proof there.

He did didn't he.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2023, 05:28 PM

#2 - Bills - 253
#23 - Miami - 361.3

#3 - Bills - 142.3
#20 - Miami - 231.3

#14 - Bills - 110.7
#24 - Miami - 130

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 11.7
#21 - Miami - 23.7

Total Yards allowed PGA:
#6 Bills - 319.1
#18 - Miami - 337.8

#15 - Bills - 214.6
#27 - Miami - 234.8

#4 - Miami - 104.6
#5 - Bills - 104.6

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 17.9
#24 - Miami - 23.5

you were spot on, this is what I worried about and it came to bite us. I expect a better game in Miami, hopefully by then this defense would have gelled.

justasportsfan
10-02-2023, 06:21 PM
you were spot on, this is what I worried about and it came to bite us. I expect a better game in Miami, hopefully by then this defense would have gelled.

Hey mdfinfan. Hope all is well. Still the classiest finfan ever.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 11:05 PM
The Dolphins should feast this week on the hapless Giants.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 11:08 PM

#2 - Bills - 253
#23 - Miami - 361.3

#3 - Bills - 142.3
#20 - Miami - 231.3

#14 - Bills - 110.7
#24 - Miami - 130

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 11.7
#21 - Miami - 23.7

Total Yards allowed PGA:
#6 Bills - 319.1
#18 - Miami - 337.8

#15 - Bills - 214.6
#27 - Miami - 234.8

#4 - Miami - 104.6
#5 - Bills - 104.6

Points allowed PGA:
#2 - Bills - 17.9
#24 - Miami - 23.5

:bf1: :bf1: Great post!! :10:

OpIv37
10-02-2023, 11:24 PM

And yet, somehow, the Bills haven’t won anything except AFCE titled. So my supposed religion isn’t religion. It’s actual fact.

- - - Updated - - -

if you're constantly wrong like you have been the last few years, how can you claim to be a realist over those who have been right?

You forgot about the decade and a half where I was right.

justasportsfan
10-03-2023, 09:19 AM
You forgot about the decade and a half where I was right.

you may hae been a realist a long time ago. You have NOT been RECENTLY. The game may have passed you by.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 09:23 AM
He should probably at least consider it. :rofl:

sahlensguy
10-03-2023, 09:39 AM
Change is hard.

justasportsfan
10-03-2023, 09:43 AM
He should probably at least consider it. :rofl:

years ago , he would a least give us a fighting chance. Nowadays, he doesnt give us a punchers chance and then tells us he's the realist.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 10:56 AM
years ago , he would a least give us a fighting chance. Nowadays, he doesnt give us a punchers chance and then tells us he's the realist.
He's our usually wrong guy every team has a one. :rofl: :cheers:

sahlensguy
10-03-2023, 11:05 AM
He's our usually wrong guy every team has a one. :rofl: :cheers:

He's still got the Sabres. :cheers:

Woodman
10-03-2023, 11:08 AM
He's still got the Sabres. :cheers:

Which is nice. :cheers: