X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Play-action Josh?

For the season, Allen is 18 of 23 on play-action passes for 245 yards and two touchdowns, according to Buffalo News charting. That’s fourth best in the league in completion percentage (78.3%) and 10th best in yards on such plays.

I want to say every QB in NFL improves his stats on play-action. But maybe no one has the kind of jumps of efficiency like Allen of the Bills (somewhere I read 30% for Allen, 8% for Mahomes etc.). I think it particularly helps our tackles (especially Brown) where DEs have to hesitate a little bit to not fly deep right away.

I do believe the Bills know this very well. Beane, McDermott made a big effort to upgrade both G position and RBs in the offseason to make the running attack a serious threat. You have to make the opponent respect the run in order to make play-action work.

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Play-action Josh?

It works much better when teams actually fear your running game, too.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
      • Sep 2004

I have been too hard on Cooks and he has been playing better, also involving or giving Kincaid a few more plays here and there should make our attack far better.
      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan View Post
        I have been too hard on Cooks and he has been playing better, also involving or giving Kincaid a few more plays here and there should make our attack far better.
        We all were waiting for bigger and better things from Cook .... starting to see it .... just keep it going. As far as Kincaid goes I'm hoping they give him a few more opportunities to show his value as well.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

Working...
        X