PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller plans to practice next week

Woodman
09-30-2023, 08:21 PM
Miller plans to return to practice next week, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Under NFL rules, the Bills would then have 21 days to either activate Miller or put him on injured reserve.

Miller suffered the knee injury last year on Thanksgiving and had indicated during the offseason that he hoped to play in Week One. That didn’t happen, but it appears that he’s almost ready to go, and his presence would provide a boost to the Bills.

Woodman
09-30-2023, 09:37 PM
Would love to have him as soon as he's 100% ready to kick some ass.

Chet
10-01-2023, 10:19 AM
Would love to have him as soon as he's 100% ready to kick some ass.

Disagree. As long as the Bills are in the playoff hunt which they obviously should be, then just let him take his time, get his conditioning back, and have him ready to go out of the bye. That would be most ideal

Mad Max
10-01-2023, 02:10 PM
Disagree. As long as the Bills are in the playoff hunt which they obviously should be, then just let him take his time, get his conditioning back, and have him ready to go out of the bye. That would be most ideal

I agree. Let him rehab more and be fresh towards the playoffs.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 04:39 PM
I agree. Let him rehab more and be fresh towards the playoffs.

That's what they'll attempt to do.

sukie
10-02-2023, 12:54 PM
I can’t see holding Von until week 14. I guess he will be on a pitch count when he is back. It would be amazing to see him in London.

Ed
10-02-2023, 01:50 PM
If the knee is healed then it would be good to start getting in game shape and knocking rust off for the stretch run. He doesn't have to start or play a lot of snaps, but they could work him in slow and at least take Kingsley Jonathan's reps.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 05:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/88QIYTnOELc?si=1SUI0S9axI_mFyfW" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chet
10-03-2023, 01:35 AM
If he’s good to practice then let him participate so he’s engaged mentally and physically, but if the Bills are winning no sense in bringing him back to game action until maybe a week before the bye. He can knock the rust off that game then get a full two weeks to see how his knee responds/recovers from live action before the home stretch.

This not only protects Von from needlessly suffering an injury or wear and tear in the middle of the season, but it also preserves him for a stretch run against what has to be one of the most difficult home stretches we’ve ever seen:

at Eagles
at Chiefs
Cowboys
at Chargers
Patriots
at Dolphins

That’s basically all the best teams in football except SF, with the lone exception being New England. Even so, that is a divisional game which is always tough. Save Von for this stretch cause we sure as hell are gonna need all hands on deck to run that gauntlet