PDA

View Full Version : Where can we find a CB?

Canadian'eh!
10-01-2023, 02:35 PM
I feel sick for Tre. Almost positive that’s a torn Achilles.

They probably need to bring someone in that is actually good.

trade maybe?

Joe Fo Sho
10-01-2023, 02:44 PM
On our inactive list

DraftBoy
10-01-2023, 03:16 PM
On our inactive list

Activate Elam and monitor the trade market.

ParanoidAndroid
10-01-2023, 03:44 PM
We're still "okay" with Jackson and Elam. That duo played a lot last year and we won 13 games.

But now we need some depth.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 03:44 PM
On our inactive list

very possible !

Prov401
10-01-2023, 03:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Benford came back which is a hell of a relief.

Mad Max
10-01-2023, 03:51 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Benford came back which is a hell of a relief.

Yes, he did.

ParanoidAndroid
10-01-2023, 03:54 PM
Sad for Tre. Hopefully it's not a total season loss.

If Benford is fine, we're good.

Our CBs can play.

YardRat
10-01-2023, 03:56 PM
Not too many free agents out there, maybe they bring Dantzler back to the practice squad. Ingram and Brown are already there.

Mad Max
10-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Not too many free agents out there, maybe they bring Dantzler back to the practice squad. Ingram and Brown are already there.

Greedy Williams is out there too.

Woodman
10-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Sad for Tre. Hopefully it's not a total season loss.

If Benford is fine, we're good.

Our CBs can play.

Didn't know he came back ..... that's incredibly fortunate.

Luisito23
10-01-2023, 05:56 PM
Greedy Williams is out there too.

Sign him for depth...

I love Whiite, but it's no like we're losing prime Tre from 5 years ago...

I'm glad that they now have no other choice but to activate Elam again...

:bandwagon:cher:

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2023, 06:16 PM
I’d be shopping my first round pick if I’m Beane.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-01-2023, 06:19 PM
Rashad Wildgoose. I at least want to see him cover Chase when we play Cincinnati

YardRat
10-01-2023, 06:25 PM
I’d be shopping my first round pick if I’m Beane.

Maybe if Denver burns down some more over the next couple pf weeks we could pry Surtain from them.

OpIv37
10-01-2023, 06:29 PM
Tre has been great for us but he’s likely done.

Normally I hate the idea of trading a 1st (even though it worked with Diggs), but we need DB help desperately. If we’re gonna make one last go at a title, Beane has to make a play.

jamze132
10-01-2023, 06:37 PM
Maybe we can coax Vontae Davis out of retirement lol.

Seriously, we need to trade for a starting CB.

Any update on Taron Johnson’s injury?

Mad Max
10-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Maybe we can coax Vontae Davis out of retirement lol.

Seriously, we need to trade for a starting CB.

Any update on Taron Johnson’s injury?

I noticed him on the sidelines yukking it up with some teammates, didn’t look to be in any discomfort. Anecdotal I realize but hopefully he is as he appeared.

TigerJ
10-01-2023, 11:21 PM
I'm assuming Benford is OK. That gives Buffalo three CBs who are capable of starting on the outside. Benae will look to try and find some value on the trade market, but I'm not holding my breath. Buffalo has a couple CBs on the practice squad in addition the the depth players they have on the 53 man roster. It they don't have more injuries they should be OK.

Bill Cody
10-02-2023, 11:51 AM
Rashad Wildgoose. I at least want to see him cover Chase when we play Cincinnati

sounds like a wild goose chase

Saratoga Slim
10-02-2023, 11:55 AM
Tre has been great for us but he’s likely done.

Normally I hate the idea of trading a 1st (even though it worked with Diggs), but we need DB help desperately. If we’re gonna make one last go at a title, Beane has to make a play.
That game put the nail in the coffin on "the window is closing" narrative. One last go my ass.

Saratoga Slim
10-02-2023, 11:58 AM
We're not totally screwed with Benford/Jackson/Elam. I thought Ingram looked pretty good in the pre-season, maybe he is the 4th.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2023, 12:03 PM
They aren't screwed, but they do need depth. Yesterday they were down to 2 healthy Outside corners. Against a team like Miami, you'd have thought Elam would be active.

Buffalogic
10-02-2023, 12:14 PM
Benford came back and Elam will be fine. A depth add wouldn't hurt though.

Mad Max
10-02-2023, 12:20 PM
That game put the nail in the coffin on "the window is closing" narrative. One last go my ass.
“One last go” dude lives to drop these zingers

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2023, 03:06 PM
I really think they need to look into all options.

The minute Tre went down I thought back to the ACL injury and how I firmly believe had it not happened we would have beaten KC in that playoff Game. We very well could have won that SB.

Elam is not good enough to even have dressed so far this year. We can’t rely on him being good enough if we truly want to make a run this year. KC looks vulnerable. Cincy is looking at a lost season. The door is open.

free agent who is good seems unlikely. If there’s a trade to be had, we should strongly consider it.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-02-2023, 03:25 PM
Costco or wegmans perhaps

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-02-2023, 03:28 PM
“One last go” dude lives to drop these zingers

Wait a minute. I live to drop zingers.

Ed
10-02-2023, 03:59 PM
I would expect to see Marcus Ingram signed from the PS. They seem pretty high on him and there's no need to make a signficant move or trade when we have Kaiir Elam.

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2023, 04:42 PM
I would expect to see Marcus Ingram signed from the PS. They seem pretty high on him and there's no need to make a signficant move or trade when we have Kaiir Elam.
It’s pretty clear they don’t have much trust in Elam since he’s CB5 at best. Ignoring this issue is a good way to lose a playoff game.

look at what Diggs just did to Jalen Ramsey’s replacement. We lost our CB1. If there’s anyone close to that abailabke Via trade, they should consider it.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-02-2023, 05:14 PM
Pickup Bradley Roby. He was decent. We need depth

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2023, 06:28 PM
A few Guys i'll throw out there that are pending FA's on not very good teams:

Jaylon Jennings on Chicago

Sean Murphy-Bunting on Tennessee

C.J. Henderson on Carolina

Essang Bassey on Denver

Kenny Moore in Indy.

If teams fall back a bit more and decide they won't be keeping any of these guys, they might be an upgrade we can look into signing longer term

sukie
10-02-2023, 06:41 PM
Kader Kohou might be cheap and available.

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2023, 06:42 PM
Kader Kohou might be cheap and available.
Haven't heard great things

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2023, 08:03 PM
Casey Heyward is a name to watch

OpIv37
10-02-2023, 08:41 PM

The projected NFL cap for 2024 is $256 million. We are currently at $274 million with only 42 players under contract. Some tough decisions are going to need to be made, and we won’t have any room to add or replace players. This is it.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 09:20 PM

I did mention how dumb that statement was .... window closers fess up.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 09:21 PM
The projected NFL cap for 2024 is $256 million. We are currently at $274 million with only 42 players under contract. Some tough decisions are going to need to be made, and we won’t have any room to add or replace players. This is it.

Way too early to worry about that **** just say'n.

List the other 31 teams and their problems.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 09:23 PM
Haven't heard great things

:rofl: You guys are a hoot.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 09:26 PM

Essang Bassey on Denver

Kenny Moore in Indy.

If teams fall back a bit more and decide they won't be keeping any of these guys, they might be an upgrade we can look into signing longer term

Never heard of any of them except Jennings.

OpIv37
10-02-2023, 11:30 PM
Way too early to worry about that **** just say'n.

List the other 31 teams and their problems.

Don’t care. We can’t make improvements with the current situation.

YardRat
10-03-2023, 05:29 AM
I did mention how dumb that statement was .... window closers fess up.

There's nothing dumb about it. The window to win early with a franchise QB on a rookie contract and the ability to spend that money elsewhere is closed.

That's a fact.

Nobody said they were done. They are just in a different 'window'. A harder window to win in if you weren't able to succeed in the first one.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-03-2023, 07:45 AM

Essang Bassey on Denver

Kenny Moore in Indy.

Kenny Moore is a good player

Kenny
10-03-2023, 08:36 AM

Essang Bassey on Denver

Kenny Moore in Indy.

CJ Henderson looks pretty talented, but also seems to be always injured. Our secondary isnt the most athletically gifted, but the scheme requires very physical sure tacklers.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:51 AM
CJ Henderson looks pretty talented, but also seems to be always injured. Our secondary isnt the most athletically gifted, but the scheme requires very physical sure tacklers.
Give me the rock solid physical pure tackling machine every time.

Really hard hits produce turnovers ..... that's what I'm about!!

Get me a couple turnovers a game and watch what happens.

Dial the pressure button baby.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:54 AM
There's nothing dumb about it. The window to win early with a franchise QB on a rookie contract and the ability to spend that money elsewhere is closed.

That's a fact.

Nobody said they were done. They are just in a different 'window'. A harder window to win in if you weren't able to succeed in the first one.

Different window I get that all day.

" So your saying there's a chance "

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:58 AM
Just tell me who could!! ..... I'd bet almost nobody.

IMO the teams that might have the room with cap don't have the team to make it worth it.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2023, 09:18 AM

That's what you said this past offseason.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 11:04 AM
That's what you said this past offseason.

He's a repeater is that the same as a regifter? :rofl:

Canadian'eh!
10-03-2023, 02:00 PM

Just to be clear. I have not heard anything about any of those guys being available. I am just spitballing ideas of guys who might be good fits, are UFA after the season and are relatively young. Plus they are in teams that look like they might fall out of playoff races fairly quickly.

They may be guys they plan to resign or keep long term. Who knows? If I’m Beane, I make a call and ask at least.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 07:17 PM
Just to be clear. I have not heard anything about any of those guys being available. I am just spitballing ideas of guys who might be good fits, are UFA after the season and are relatively young. Plus they are in teams that look like they might fall out of playoff races fairly quickly.

They may be guys they plan to resign or keep long term. Who knows? If I’m Beane, I make a call and ask at least.

We should be doing some tire kicking at the very least ..... or do we have enough confidence in someone already here?

DetoxTent
10-05-2023, 05:56 AM
Herb.

Woodman
10-05-2023, 08:00 PM
Didn't know he came back ..... that's incredibly fortunate.

He played special teams.