I hope the players don't buy the hype coming their way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

I hope the players don't buy the hype coming their way.

All the "window has closed" national media talkers are going to do a 180 and start loving on the Bills again after they just beat the hell out of the current media sweetheart. McD has to find a way to tune that out and keep them focused. I felt like the team bought into some of the hype last year.
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: I hope the players don't buy the hype coming their way.

Oh they gained some respect that was removed from them. This was a total win.

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Gonna be a tough one next week to a good team that’s already acclimated to the time change. They’re ripe for some miscues. Just get the W by any means necessary

Comment

• Mad Max
        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
        All the "window has closed" national media talkers are going to do a 180 and start loving on the Bills again after they just beat the hell out of the current media sweetheart. McD has to find a way to tune that out and keep them focused. I felt like the team bought into some of the hype last year.
        I think that first game bomb already humbled them and should sustain their level headedness.

I’ve been extremely impressed with Dorsey’s play calling as well as Josh’ patience after that game for example.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

They've been here before. Should help keeping them off cloud 9.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

It's been an issue for them in the past. We'll see if they have grown any.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Call me crazy but....

Our D line reminds me a lot of the Dallas D line that beat us in two Super Bowls.

Big, but fast.

Stout against the run.

Dominating.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Josh Allen with 158.3 rating .... that's as high as you can get.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  Call me crazy but....

Our D line reminds me a lot of the Dallas D line that beat us in two Super Bowls.

Big, but fast.

Stout against the run.

Dominating.
                  I don't think you're crazy at all. The are dominating right now. Floyd is looking like the steal of FA. And we don't even have Von Miller yet. It's early but this has the makings of a special D.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    It's been an issue for them in the past. We'll see if they have grown any.
                    Josh has matured. Romo was pointing out how he is going through his progression from short to long, instead of from long to short. McD is fully engaged with the team now that he is calling plays. Dorsey is taking what the D is giving them. They may be able to cope with the attention. The leadership is evolving. It is a great trend.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                      Gonna be a tough one next week to a good team that’s already acclimated to the time change. They’re ripe for some miscues. Just get the W by any means necessary
                      Bills -3.5 or -4.5 depending on what sports book you pay attention to.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                        Josh has matured. Romo was pointing out how he is going through his progression from short to long, instead of from long to short. McD is fully engaged with the team now that he is calling plays. Dorsey is taking what the D is giving them. They may be able to cope with the attention. The leadership is evolving. It is a great trend.
                        Trending nicely indeed.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

There is no doubt that the Bills were pissed off and motivated, more by the hype being thrown Miami’s way than them being said (very stupidly) to be victims of their “SB window closing”. Jim Nance and Tony Romo gave that dumb idea the laughing and mocking it deserved.

But, if one looks at the facts on how much Josh Allen and the Bills have OWNED Miami since his rookie year the over-the-top slobbering all over Miami being the “best team’ in the NFL, and ‘about to take over the AFCE’ is plenty annoying!!!!

The Bills decided to show the league, and Miami that the BILLS are STILL the team to beat in the AFCE.

They SPANKED Miami and showed them who their daddy is!!!!!

The other motivation comes from the first game clunker....almost single handedly losing that winnable game because of Josh’s bad play.

He KNOWS he is better than that and the whole team knows they are a team not to be trifled with.

Miami has not been in the position of the ‘chosen ones’ for decades. The Bills have, and are sick and tired of not living up to the expectations.

The old saying “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned” seems to be being taken seriously by Josh Allen and this team this season.

When the Bills (and Josh Allen) play to their capability, they are a very hard team to beat.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                            Bills -3.5 or -4.5 depending on what sports book you pay attention to.
                            Now it's -5.5

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                              The are dominating right now. Floyd is looking like the steal of FA. And we don't even have Von Miller yet. It's early but this has the makings of a special D.
                              Floyd has been a great add to this defense absolutely no question about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X