PDA

View Full Version : Tre’Davious White suffered torn Achilles

Woodman
10-02-2023, 04:41 PM
Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White has torn his Achilles and will be out for the rest of the season, Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed in his Monday press conference.
White was carted off the field during the third quarter of Sunday’s victory over the Dolphins after suffering the non-contact injury. Buffalo initially announced that White was being evaluated for an ankle injury but that was later updated.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2023, 05:30 PM
Bills cornerback Tre’Davious White has torn his Achilles and will be out for the rest of the season, Bills head coach Sean McDermott confirmed in his Monday press conference.
White was carted off the field during the third quarter of Sunday’s victory over the Dolphins after suffering the non-contact injury. Buffalo initially announced that White was being evaluated for an ankle injury but that was later updated.

sorry for that, that's the way we felt when we lost Ramsey the 2nd practice of training camp.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 05:34 PM
sorry for that, that's the way we felt when we lost Ramsey the 2nd practice of training camp.

He just came back from missing a full season from the knee injury ..... now this.

This one will be tough as they all are .... back to back makes it extra tough.

Novacane
10-02-2023, 06:10 PM
I think the Bills will be ok without him. The D is good enough to absorb this. I just feel really really bad for Tre.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 07:52 PM
I think the Bills will be ok without him. The D is good enough to absorb this. I just feel really really bad for Tre.

Somebody is getting an opportunity.

OpIv37
10-02-2023, 09:51 PM
From the way he went down and his reaction, it was pretty obvious that it was a torn Achilles.

He’s a great player who has contributed a lot to this team’s success. The injuries are just **** luck and it must be really hard on him.

He doesn’t seem to be quite the same player that he was before the ACL. That being said, he won’t be easy to replace. Elam was supposed to be the next gen CB1 but he’s barely cracked the roster. After QB, the next two hardest positions to staff are LT and CB. We’re nearly 1/4 through the season. We don’t have the cap to pull off a trade from any sellers.

This is a setback. The only mild sign of encouragement is that the Fish have a high-powered O and they really didn’t look any better after the White injury than they did before it.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 10:36 PM
Sometimes things like this pull a team closer together .... trying to stay positive.

It's the old familiar next man up whether we like it or not.

Chet
10-02-2023, 10:49 PM
Absolute gut punch, I love Tre.

If there’s any kind of silver lining to this it’s that Elam has no choice but to grow and perform. We should know beyond a shadow of a doubt by year’s end if he’s a bust or not.

Woodman
10-02-2023, 10:55 PM
Absolute gut punch, I love Tre.

If there’s any kind of silver lining to this it’s that Elam has no choice but to grow and perform. We should know beyond a shadow of a doubt by year’s end if he’s a bust or not.

We will have an answer. :cheers:

I'll take the silver lining.

Get better Tre.

OpIv37
10-02-2023, 11:18 PM
Sometimes things like this pull a team closer together .... trying to stay positive.

It's the old familiar next man up whether we like it or not.

Unity doesn’t replace talent.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2023, 06:35 AM
His reaction was the absolute worst. Even Tony and Jim knew right away. I feel bad for the guy

Historian
10-03-2023, 07:23 AM
This team has lost a lot of really talented defensive backs to these catastrophic injuries.

Jeff Nixon
Marlon Kerner
Derrick Burroughs

Now Tre

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:16 AM
This team has lost a lot of really talented defensive backs to these catastrophic injuries.

Jeff Nixon
Marlon Kerner
Derrick Burroughs

Now Tre

Robert James

Great Av by the way! :cheers:

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:18 AM
Unity doesn’t replace talent.
So what does unity provide IYO?

Woodman
10-03-2023, 08:22 AM
His reaction was the absolute worst. Even Tony and Jim knew right away. I feel bad for the guy

Had to be totally heartbreaking for him to have gone through the long rehab that he did only to have something like this happen.

We'll all miss his leadership on and off the field.

Jeff1220
10-03-2023, 09:22 AM

Jeff Nixon
Marlon Kerner
Derrick Burroughs

Now Tre

I had a chance to meet Marlon Kerner a few years back. He still works for the Bills organization as a liason with former players or something like that. He's an awesome guy and fits right in with the current 1BD DNA.

ParanoidAndroid
10-03-2023, 10:19 AM
We should just keep scooping these studs in the 7th round and UDFA.

Wallace is still playing well, too.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 10:44 AM
We gotta quit falling in love with players like Cody Ford ... gotta improve and don't chase.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-03-2023, 10:48 AM
We gotta quit falling in love with players like Cody Ford ... gotta improve and don't chase.

i'm totally unclear as to what this has to do with this thread.

just random Woodman thoughts i suppose.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 10:51 AM
Paranoid mentioned ... We should just keep scooping these studs in the 7th round and UDFA.

Well when you chase players such as Ford you lose those opportunities .... trading up loses picks.

Stay put keep them all ........ for example we shoulda picked D.K. Metcalf all we had to do was show some patience.

These later round guys that your trading away can play football to.

Woodman
10-03-2023, 10:53 AM
Benford was an excellent 6th rounder thank God we didn't trade that pick to move up.

Historian
10-03-2023, 11:18 AM
Well when you chase players such as Ford you lose those opportunities .... trading up loses picks.

Stay put keep them all ........ for example we shoulda picked D.K. Metcalf all we had to do was show some patience.

These later round guys that your trading away can play football to.

I agree.

It's how Belecek kept the Pats afload for 20 years.

Your 1s and your 2s make all the flashy headlines, but the truth is, your team is built in rounds 3 through 6 or 7.

Those are the guys who are hungry.

Just look at Allen.

Chet
10-03-2023, 02:04 PM
So what does unity provide IYO?
A shoulder to cry on until the talent comes back

Woodman
10-03-2023, 02:09 PM
A shoulder to cry on until the talent comes back

Nope it means you either have a TEAM or you don't.

Every team needs their depth to ever win consistently.

Woodman
10-08-2023, 07:10 PM
we need a corner right now.

gotta make an offer.

Mr. Pink
10-09-2023, 01:51 PM
Thinking about Tre...

I think the right play for the Bills at this point is to try and reach an injury settlement with him and move on.

Sucks for the team, sucks for Tre but at this point he's highly damaged goods and who knows if a. he will ever stay healthy or b. return to the form that got him that big contract.

acehole
10-09-2023, 04:09 PM
I agree.

It's how Belecek kept the Pats afload for 20 years.

Your 1s and your 2s make all the flashy headlines, but the truth is, your team is built in rounds 3 through 6 or 7.

Those are the guys who are hungry.

Just look at Allen.

Maybe he would trade a few guys as he is a rebuilding type scenario?

Woodman
10-09-2023, 11:47 PM
Thinking about Tre...

I think the right play for the Bills at this point is to try and reach an injury settlement with him and move on.

Sucks for the team, sucks for Tre but at this point he's highly damaged goods and who knows if a. he will ever stay healthy or b. return to the form that got him that big contract.

That decision has to be close unfortunately.

All the best to Tre however this thing goes.