• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Von Miller: If I was a betting man, I’d expect to see me play in London

Word last week was that Bills edge rusher Von Miller plans to practice this week and he’s got eyes on doing more than that.

Miller discussed his plans for the week on the latest episode of The Voncast and said that he’s looking to make the most of the one padded practice that the team will have before flying to London on Thursday night. Miller said he thinks he needs to look “amazing” in that practice in order to get a spot in the lineup for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars and that he believes he will look good enough to get the green light.

“I don’t know if the fans can expect to see me yet, but if I was a betting man I would say yeah, you can expect to see Von Miller in London,” Miller said.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Von Miller: If I was a betting man, I’d expect to see me play in London

I hear a little John Wick in there. "People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back."
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

So, here’s what we don’t know:
      • If Miller is healthy enough to play football

We haven’t seen Miller with the team since mid-August, and then that was with a variety of tape, full-leg sleeves, and braces — this may, or may not, be a significant factor into why Miller was placed on the PUP List despite all his “I’ll be ready Week 1” claims and his obvious disappointment (although he made it clear that he trusted the Bills’ decision making) in not being on the field in September.

It’s (almost) Miller Time in Buffalo - Buffalo Rumblings

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Turf View Post
        I hear a little John Wick in there. "People keep asking if I'm back and I haven't really had an answer, but yeah, I'm thinking I'm back."
        John Wick reference.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

I think he’ll debut at home on snf vs the giants weak Oline

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
            I think he’ll debut at home on snf vs the giants weak Oline
            Sack city baby!!!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Question: does the White injury play a factor? A pass rush is going to make the backup CB’s job much easier.

Granted, our DL racked up numbers the last two weeks, but I believe both the Fish and Washington had injuries on the OL.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Our pass rush is just fine with anybody we put out there at corner and they will benefit.

By the way the Jets line sucks as well.

I'd wait but.... ...... if he's ready they might give him 10-15 plays.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Our db depth took a hit with White's injury. Who's active spot does Miller take for just a handful of plays? Sit him longer until he is more ready to go.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                    Our db depth took a hit with White's injury. Who's active spot does Miller take for just a handful of plays? Sit him longer until he is more ready to go.
                    I would make him wait if it was up to me.

Kingsley Jonathan or Shaq Lawson I would guess as the spot loser.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                      I would make him wait if it was up to me.

Kingsley Jonathan or Shaq Lawson I would guess as the spot loser.
                      With White down though, do they carry an extra db?

A productive VM is the top priority. I won't second guess the coaches for how and when to bring him back.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Von likes to talk. A lot. They waited a full year to put White back on the field, I'd be surprised if Miller is activated this quickly.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

I'm going to hold back my expectations of Miller. The Tre's experience last year serves a reminder that you really can't pin your hope on someone coming back from ACL less than 1.5 years. How effective can Miller be this year? So far I have not heard anyone talking about that possibility. I hope it does not escape McDermott and the coaches.

Not to be a Debbie downer, just point out this what I feel is a real possibility. I do understand Von's case is different from Tre. He didn't fully tear ACL, only found out in surgery. And Von's mindset on this injury is world's different from Tre, which is actually critical. Still I don't know when Von steps on to the field again, he'd have some hesitations. Maybe not before he makes a sack beating a offensive tackle ...

Comment

• cas22
                            • Jul 2005

Shaq will be cut...

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

I get Von Miller being anxious to play. That’s who he is.

But, ultimately he does NOT make that decision.

If he does play, it’s in the best interests of the team to bring him in slowly. That’s why they went out and got Leo Floyd. The rotation of the D-line has been maintained this year as reflected in the snap counts...

Gregory Rousseau DE 126 59.15%
                              Shaq Lawson DE 96 45.07%
                              Leonard Floyd DE 105 49.30%
                              A.J. Epenesa DE 91 42.72%
                              Kingsley Jonathan DE 19 8.92%
                              Poona Ford DE 23 10.80%
                              Ed Oliver DT 142 66.67%
                              DaQuan Jones DT 109 51.17%
                              Tim Settle DT 67 31.46%
                              Jordan Phillips DT 74 34.74%
                              The D-line is playing lights out. Miller will be (when the BILLS decide he’s “ready”) the cherry on top of an extremely effective pass rush.

Comment

Working...
                              X