The Patriots didn’t just lose to the Saints. Bill Belichick gave up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Instant analysis from the Patriots’ 34-0 loss to the Saints:

· The Patriots still have 12 games to play. But let the record show that Bill Belichick gave up on his team with 9:55 remaining in the third quarter of Sunday’s game.

It’s one thing to build a boring, deficient football team that gets blown off the field each Sunday. But Belichick made an unconscionable decision against the Saints to wave the white flag early in the third quarter — sending in the punt team on fourth and 3 from the Saints’ 40-yard line while trailing, 24-0.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: The Patriots didn’t just lose to the Saints. Bill Belichick gave up.

So will Kraft pull the plug and replace him or just ride off into the sunset?

I actually believe he could possibly let him go and sell it as ..... he wanted to go.

Records mean a lot to Belichick but losing hurts far more than a few more wins.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

He's only hanging-around in order to beat Shula's all-time wins record. The problem is, at this pace, it will take 6 years. I think he may survive this year of no playoffs again, but next year I think he's gone. Kraft doesn't care about the all-time wins record because part of it was with the Browns.

And without Brady (and cheating), he is a sub-.500 coach. He's been a great defensive mind but how much of that was him and how much was Ernie Adams?

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I've said for a decade Brady made BB. I was right.

Comment

• sahlensguy
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
          I've never heard anyone else say that, but after considering all the data, I think you are absolutely correct! Good job!

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            I've never heard anyone else say that, but after considering all the data, I think you are absolutely correct! Good job!
            Seriously? Most of us have been saying that for awhile now.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
              He's only hanging-around in order to beat Shula's all-time wins record. The problem is, at this pace, it will take 6 years. I think he may survive this year of no playoffs again, but next year I think he's gone. Kraft doesn't care about the all-time wins record because part of it was with the Browns.

And without Brady (and cheating), he is a sub-.500 coach. He's been a great defensive mind but how much of that was him and how much was Ernie Adams?
              I don't believe Kraft has the time to wait.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                It's usually the QB jmo and always has been.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Who cares about the Pats anymore???

Miami is the prime opponent. Really happy to see this rivalry resurrected.

I was at the 1980 game when the Bills snapped the 10 year, 20 game losing streak.....one of the best wins in Bills history as the fans rightly tore down the goalposts.

The Fins have to prove (Opi’s favorite meme to **** on the Bills ) they can beat the Bills regularly....and especially in Buffalo. Josh is a Dolphin killer and there is little reason to doubt that will not continue. He is like Brady was for years vs the Bills.

The biggest issue with the doormat Patriots is getting too overconfident, taking the win for granted and losing a trap game.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    Who cares about the Pats anymore???

Miami is the prime opponent. Really happy to see this rivalry resurrected.

I was at the 1980 game when the Bills snapped the 10 year, 20 game losing streak.....one of the best wins in Bills history as the fans rightly tore down the goalposts.

The Fins have to prove (Opi’s favorite meme to **** on the Bills ) they can beat the Bills regularly....and especially in Buffalo. Josh is a Dolphin killer and there is little reason to doubt that will not continue. He is like Brady was for years vs the Bills.

The biggest issue with the doormat Patriots is getting too overconfident, taking the win for granted and losing a trap game.
                    'But, but...the Dolphins improved this off-season.'

Lol

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                      I don't believe Kraft has the time to wait.
                      I doubt they fire him mid season. If they lose to LVR this week they're staring 1-7 in the face. What good would changing coaches do? At that point you're in full tank mode

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Tank for a chance at Caleb Williams ....... Bill wouldn't do that or would he.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Last edited by sahlensguy; 10-10-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                            Tank for a chance at Caleb Williams ....... Bill wouldn't do that or would he.
                            He'd have to take the Cheats to the worst record in the NFL. And if he did, he'd get fired.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                              He'd have to take the Cheats to the worst record in the NFL. And if he did, he'd get fired.
                              That would be too bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X