PDA

View Full Version : Matt Milano and DaQuan Jones to have surgery per Buffalo HC Sean McDermott

Woodman
10-09-2023, 11:38 PM
Matt Milano and DaQuan Jones to have surgery per Buffalo HC Sean McDermott - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/10/9/23910352/buffalo-bills-lb-matt-milano-and-dt-daquan-jones-to-have-surgery-per-hc-sean-mcdermott)

Woodman
10-09-2023, 11:39 PM
When meeting with members of the media this afternoon (https://x.com/BuffaloBills/status/1711472459109593103?s=20), head coach Sean McDermott confirmed that both linebacker Matt Milano and defensive tackle DaQuan Jones would be missing “some time.” Both players, who were lost to the Bills in the first quarter of Sunday’s loss, will require surgery.

While McDermott, as is typical, said he didn’t have any information on how long the pair would be out, it is obviously going to be more than a week or two being as they are undergoing surgery.

This means that Buffalo will be calling on rookie linebacker Dorian Williams, who McDermott admitted was struggling with tackling on Sunday, and linebacker Tyrel Dodson to step up and take more reps. The Buffalo head coach said that they will be calling their numbers quite a bit going forward and they aren’t looking outside of the organization for a replacement for anyone yet.

Woodman
10-09-2023, 11:57 PM
It has not been determined whether either player will be sidelined for the season, according to McDermott.’

jamze132
10-10-2023, 04:02 AM
No news is normally good news in these situations. Hopefully neither are season ending. Would be a huge boost if one could return for the playoffs.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 06:54 AM
No news is normally good news in these situations. Hopefully neither are season ending. Would be a huge boost if one could return for the playoffs.

We all need to hear there is a chance to return .... these injuries are just devastating obviously to every fan and incredibly so for the player.

We love this game and do understand it's a violent game ..... we would still ..... all of us love to see these players start and finish a season healthy when it's over.

Strength and conditioning perhaps needs much more emphasis ..... I don't know ..... but I would start there.

Shorten the season by 2 games is another idea worth considering imo.

17 games a season is not necessary ....... again that's just my opinion.

The heavy amount of injuries also dilutes the game quality .....

Just a totally selfish observation:

Not because of injury but I've always wished we could start the season at least 2 weeks earlier ..... couple that we 2 less regular season games and we would be shoveling less snow to get these guys on the field .... and I don't appreciate freezing my ass off to watch the game I love.

Forward_Lateral
10-10-2023, 06:58 AM
I can't see Milano returning, I guess it depends where the break was.

Torn Pecs are tough, especially for Linemen.

Next men up

k-oneputt
10-10-2023, 07:01 AM
Jones is going to be harder to replace than Milano imo.
‘Oliver has been playing well and you can credit Jones with some of that improvement for Oliver, he will miss Jones.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 07:04 AM
Jones is going to be harder to replace than Milano imo.
‘Oliver has been playing well and you can credit Jones with some of that improvement for Oliver, he will miss Jones.

Agree 100% ..... Jones will absolutely be the tougher one to replace ..... the DL has to fill that massive hole as best as possible .... a huge task IMO.

He is such a force.

jamze132
10-10-2023, 07:39 AM
We all need to hear there is a chance to return .... these injuries are just devastating obviously to every fan and incredibly so for the player.

We love this game and do understand it's a violent game ..... we would still ..... all of us love to see these players start and finish a season healthy when it's over.

Strength and conditioning perhaps needs much more emphasis ..... I don't know ..... but I would start there.

Shorten the season by 2 games is another idea worth considering imo.

17 games a season is not necessary ....... again that's just my opinion.

The heavy amount of injuries also dilutes the game quality .....

Just a totally selfish observation:

Not because of injury but I've always wished we could start the season at least 2 weeks earlier ..... couple that we 2 less regular season games and we would be shoveling less snow to get these guys on the field .... and I don't appreciate freezing my ass off to watch the game I love.

I contribute the injuries to a jet-lagged team who was physically unprepared.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 07:43 AM
I contribute the injuries to a jet-lagged team who was physically unprepared.
It's at least most of it.

Just such a dumb decision to go over there on Friday ..... hardly time enough to truly at least IMO to acclimate ..... little details do matter ..... just a shame we didn't feel it made any difference.

Terry please read the fans comments on this and pay attention.

cas22
10-10-2023, 08:23 AM
lets not forget that for some stupid reason the NFL decides to replace the natural grass field and put down Turf which wasn't any help in keeping jet lagged players from having some kind of injury....

I'd expect Milano out the rest of the season but Jones might could make it back come playoff time.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 08:25 AM
lets not forget that for some stupid reason the NFL decides to replace the natural grass field and put down Turf which wasn't any help in keeping jet lagged players from having some kind of injury....

I'd expect Milano out the rest of the season but Jones might could make it back come playoff time.

We sure could use some good news on at least one of them ..... hopefully both.

Jeff1220
10-10-2023, 10:32 AM
Sounds like D. Williams and P. Ford are next men up.

notacon
10-10-2023, 12:18 PM
These are huge losses.

Tough to overcome.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 12:40 PM
These are huge losses.

Tough to overcome.

Got anything definite yet?

I still have not seen anything in the way of a final outcome for the season.

Woodman
10-10-2023, 12:42 PM
Sounds like D. Williams and P. Ford are next men up.

We will see both ...... :gobills: