X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the football fan
    • Aug 2003

The Last Jumbogate

According to an article written by Gene Warner in The Buffalo News, The Jumbogate event to benefit the Heritage-oak Foundation(The Heritage Centers) will end after the November 9Th event. According to the story, the NFL would not allow this event to go on because it violates league policy to show televised games to large audiences,and because it cuts into tv network ratings. I am furious that the NFL has decided to do this. Fund raising for a organization such as this hard to come by and what the NFL has done is unexcusable.

I will be sending a letter directly to Commissioner Tagliabue in regards to this matter. I encourage everyone to send a letter, to the Commissioner stating your displeasure. I would also encourage your attendance At the Jumbogate Event, on November9th.

According to Buisness First...

"Heritage Centers has held Jumbogate with the Bills support for six seasons. Last year's event raised about $30,000 and attracted 3,700 people."
    Why don't you ask Ralph if he'll let you stand outside the gates of the staduim with a cup...if you only get 50ยข from every ticket holder, you'll more then match last years total.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

btff - I agree with you completely. The NFL is so friggin' greedy it makes me sick. This is a charity event, for God's sake. It's not like some private, for profit group is infringing on their precious TV ratings.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

NFL = the No Fun League.

Comment

Working...
        X