PDA

View Full Version : Is Josh Allen the very normal, simple to please man we think he is?

BLUTO
10-14-2023, 01:17 AM
Assets:

-$3.5 million for his car collection

-$2.5 million in Rolex watches

-$ 2.4 million home in the Buffalo area

-$7.2 million home in in California

-dating a Hollywood celebrity??

Is he out of normal Bills fans price range??

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-14-2023, 04:57 AM
And what would you do if you were not married with no children in your mid 20s making over 40 million dollars?

Novacane
10-14-2023, 05:55 AM
All 4 of those are investments that will be worth more when hes 60. . Is he supposed to keep his millions in the bank?

What's the point of this thread? Jealous?

Historian
10-14-2023, 06:32 AM
I'm happy for him.

Normally, being drafted by Buffalo (in any sport) is a career destined for anonymity.

Just don't let the money, cars, and chicks deter you from the ultimate goal.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/btPJPFnesV4?si=8iNhZpyhjJb4nAeU" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Forward_Lateral
10-14-2023, 06:49 AM
If I made that kind of money, I would have the same stuff. Good for him. Real Estate is the best investment nowadays.

sukie
10-14-2023, 07:25 AM
Josh has never turned a kid down for an autograph. Taking cleats off and signing for the two shy brothers behind the line,
hugging fans, signing babies… the guy gives back. That is his character. He’s considered the nicest of one of the nicest Gus in football.

His stuff is nothing. Doesn’t take away from the young man that was obviously raised right.

Woodman
10-14-2023, 08:25 AM
I want to keep him even longer (his entire career) that's my answer.

:gobills:

DraftBoy
10-14-2023, 08:50 AM
All 4 of those are investments that will be worth more when hes 60. . Is he supposed to keep his millions in the bank?

What's the point of this thread? Jealous?

The watches could devalue some, that can be a tough market.

ParanoidAndroid
10-14-2023, 08:58 AM
He's a celebrity now.

He's living like one.

Nothing more.

I would probably choose to live a little more simply and wouldn't care about cars or watches but that's just me.

I would have a nice home on the California coast, hire someone to cook and housekeep for me and go on adventures whenever I could.

ParanoidAndroid
10-14-2023, 09:07 AM
Just be thankful that half of the sideline coverage isn't Taylor Swift.

Goobylal
10-14-2023, 10:29 AM
The watches could devalue some, that can be a tough market.

Same with the cars if they're not antiques/vintage.

And that's $15.6M of the $302M he's scheduled to make right now. That's just around 5% of what he's worth based on his football money alone.

Woodman
10-14-2023, 10:34 AM
Give mom and dad whatever they want ..... I'm sure they already have it but just in case.

DraftBoy
10-14-2023, 10:49 AM
Same with the cars if they're not antiques/vintage.

True, but cars tend to hold value better than watches.

OpIv37
10-14-2023, 10:52 AM
Who is he dating?

I don’t care about watches but if I had his money, I’d def have a big house and some nice cars. I wouldn’t date a celebrity cuz I hate being in the spotlight, but he’s already in the spotlight so that doesn’t matter for him.

Having money and nice things doesn’t mean someone isn’t still down to earth. My friend’s cousin married a millionaire who has mansions and cars. I met him at a party without knowing who he was. He wasn’t pretentious at all and never mentioned his wealth. I didn’t find out how rich he was until much later. I never would have known if my friend didn’t tell me.

DraftBoy
10-14-2023, 10:54 AM
Hailee Steinfeld

OpIv37
10-14-2023, 10:56 AM
Hailee Steinfeld

I seriously have no idea who she is. I had to google her and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything she’s been in.

Bill Cody
10-14-2023, 11:02 AM
Watches are dumb. The time is right on your phone. And they're annoying to wear. Other than that go Josh

Woodman
10-14-2023, 11:02 AM

Goobylal
10-14-2023, 11:52 AM
True, but cars tend to hold value better than watches.

Like the car, depends on the watch and the care and use of it. Mass produced ones depreciate.

notacon
10-14-2023, 01:38 PM
Josh has never turned a kid down for an autograph. Taking cleats off and signing for the two shy brothers behind the line,
hugging fans, signing babies… the guy gives back. That is his character. He’s considered the nicest of one of the nicest Gus in football.

His stuff is nothing. Doesn’t take away from the young man that was obviously raised right.

This encapsulates what Josh Allen is all about....

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 825px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1684268003137839124&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D264044&sessionId=12b211467bf48af73b9cf179a1f82d0c8a004689&theme=light&widgetsVersion=01917f4d1d4cb%3A1696883169554&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1684268003137839124"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I sense some extreme envy with why this thread was even started. It’s SPAM!!!!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.d37472b4a6622d0b1fff46ad904f6896.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

Woodman
10-14-2023, 03:34 PM
This encapsulates what Josh Allen is all about....

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 825px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOltdLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X2ZvbGxvd2VyX2NvdW50X3N1bnNldCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOnRydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZm9zbnJfc29mdF9pbnRlcnZlbnRpb25zX2VuYWJsZWQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X21peGVkX21lZGlhXzE1ODk3Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZXhwZXJpbWVudHNfY29 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 ydWUsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9mcm9udGVuZCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9fQ%3D%3D&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1684268003137839124&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D264044&sessionId=12b211467bf48af73b9cf179a1f82d0c8a004689&theme=light&widgetsVersion=01917f4d1d4cb%3A1696883169554&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1684268003137839124"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I sense some extreme envy with why this thread was even started. It’s SPAM!!!!<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.d37472b4a6622d0b1fff46ad904f6896.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

It's entertainment .... is it good .... probably not but whateva. <iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.d37472b4a6622d0b1fff46ad904f6896.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

sahlensguy
10-14-2023, 03:45 PM
Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

Woodman
10-14-2023, 04:30 PM
Yes. He shovels. He's one of us.

No coat either he's definitely one of our's. :cheers:

BLUTO
10-15-2023, 09:26 PM
Assets:

THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-15-2023, 10:49 PM
THE POINT is - - is he really interested, devoted to being an NFL QB?

Because he has a high income and has spent money on expensive things??

should he drive a Honda civic, wear a swatch and marry an ugly, fat *****

would that make you happy ??

Novacane
10-15-2023, 10:49 PM
And once again the point is a dumb one :up:

Chet
10-16-2023, 05:00 AM
The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.

sahlensguy
10-16-2023, 07:30 AM
The OP didn’t articulate his point particularly well and is going with the “money and fame changed him” narrative.

With that said, he is right about Josh’s devotion to his craft. The reason for it is wholly different, however.

Josh from 2019-2021 was hungry to learn the game, prove doubters wrong, and showcase his immense talents. He sought out more one-on-one with Jordan Palmer, picked the brain of and was willing to take constructive criticism from Brian Daboll, dedicated himself to film study and went above and beyond in the off-season leading up to 2020 to get on the same page with his new superstar WR.

Brian Daboll is long since gone and he inexplicably did not retain the services of Jordan Palmer. Now he is surrounded by yes men coaches who have reached the limit of their capabilities and who know their job security is tied to whether Josh gets along with them. So Dorsey and McD coddle him and—to borrow a brilliant line from Whiplash—repeatedly tell him the two most harmful words in the English language: “Good Job.” Nobody dare rock the boat around him and suggest he hits the film room or dedicates himself to improving his craft with Jordan Palmer, because that would take away from celebrity golf or softball tournaments, commercials, or hanging out in LA with the stars.

Only one person in this organization has taken him to task: Stefon Diggs, and he has been duly vilified by the aww shucks contingent of the Bills fan base, and their townie local media. Buffalo media and “some” fans have always preferred nice guys over winners.

Anyways, this is why you get the typical Josh Allen half-hearted mea culpas after losses and/or dog**** performances. He says all the right things because he learned from Brady not to say anything remotely controversial. But unlike Brady, he won’t immediately pour over the gamefilm till the wee hours, nor will get in teammates’ or coaches’ faces when they are uninspired and failing their duties.

I still love him to death and think he is more than capable of winning a SB, but you can tell he is physically tired and mentally checked out. Reminds me of that A football life episode with Troy Aikman when he lamented that once Jimmy left there was no one to hold the team accountable and it just drained him.

Josh Allen is the Shaquille O'Neal of the NFL, minus the rings. Both had the greatest gifts ever and the talent to possibly be the goat, but neither strived for it.

Historian
10-16-2023, 07:46 AM

Allen looks defeated on the sideline.
I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

This morning GMF commented on it.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

:idunno:

Chet
10-16-2023, 08:01 AM
I do not think he has checked out, but I kinda wonder if there isn't something going on in his personal life that is affecting his psyche.

In the game thread, I commented that he looked defeated, after just taking the lead.

Yea, it was an ugly win, but in his presser, he was despondant. You would think he was the losing quarterback.

I don't get it.

Maybe he's come to the conclusion that many of us have: Dorsey just isn't cutting it.

Good points all around, although I don’t think it’s a personal life issue since his folks are alive and well, he’s with a Hollywood actress, and hasn’t been through a messy divorce nor does he have kids.

I think your last sentence summed it up in a nutshell. He’s seeing no offensive growth whatsoever and there’s nobody on the O he can trust outside of Diggs. He is joyless out there. If Shanahan, Reid, McVay, Pederson, Daboll, McDaniel or others were calling the plays he’d be having the time of his life.

He knows the team isn’t good enough and after several years now he’s too exhausted to feign excitement

YardRat
10-16-2023, 08:01 AM
This was a topic over the off-season (and last season), and questioning Allen's commitment and effort isn't new this regular season. He's steadily regressed since walking off the field after 13 seconds. Maybe it is as simple as he got paid. Maybe he does have some off-field issues. Doesn't matter, he needs to store the bull**** rhetoric and get to work otherwise he's just going to be another Dan Marino / Phillip Rivers / Warren Moon / Dan Fouts.

And that's not good enough for the Buffalo fan base, or at least shouldn't be.

OpIv37
10-16-2023, 08:05 AM

I don't get it.

I’m starting to wonder if he just doesn’t deal with adversity well. We won 3 games easily. In the 3 that were close, we lost 2. And this isn’t the first season where we lose close games routinely. It’s like he doesn’t know how to handle it when things don’t go perfectly.

And yes, it’s getting harder and harder to defend Dorsey.

YardRat
10-16-2023, 08:12 AM
Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 09:26 AM
Plus, Allen is struggling trying to find the balance between 'safe Josh' and HeroBall, and that might be part of the reason he looks unhappy during the game. He needs to learn when to unleash the beast and he's probably holding back too much right now.

For any Ted Lasso fans, maybe Allen has gotten a little bit of the Jamie Tartt treatment.
The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.

YardRat
10-16-2023, 04:13 PM
The play calling has not been doing him any favors either. For the life of me I do not know why they run WR/TE screens. Have they ever had one that got more than 3 yards? Then, when it's 2nd and 9, they call a shot gun run into the back of Morse for no gain. Talk about putting your players in a position to fail. If you got back and look at the losses and yesterday, I guarantee you that this happened multiple times each game.

Josh has the highest completion % of his career. His QB rating going into last night was 105 something and I think 3rd in the NFL. That's what MOST people wanted. A safe JA who takes care of the ball and doesn't do reckless things with it. Well, that's what you got, and now people are complaining?? Even last night, aside from the tipped INT, he played a careful game with no mistakes.

I don't know about you, but that's not what I want to watch. We watched that with Tyrod for 3 years. I, for one, am willing to live with mistakes from trying to do too much. This team needs Josh to do "too much" This team needs him to run. This team needs him to scramble and make back yard plays. This team does not need a mistake free QB who completes 75% of his passes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's how I see it right now. I think Josh, for the first time in his life, is worried about making mistakes over worried about making plays, and it's a problem.

I pretty much agree. We needed less heroball from Josh but nobody wanted him neutered. He seems to have gone to the other extreme, and as I said before he needs to find the balance between the two, and he's struggling with that.

Typ0
10-16-2023, 06:38 PM
Assets:

Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.

Chet
10-17-2023, 12:26 AM
Dude this is such a classy list compared to hookers and blow. He should bang Taylor to get back at Kelce for 13 seconds. We can have a rematch with TS not sure where to sit.
:rofl:

Novacane
10-17-2023, 07:39 PM

I don't get it.

That's most likely IMO

Novacane
10-17-2023, 07:42 PM
To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?

YardRat
10-17-2023, 07:46 PM
To anyone saying Josh doesn't study film I have one question. How the hell do you know?

Nobody is saying he doesn't study film.

Novacane
10-17-2023, 07:57 PM
Nobody is saying he doesn't study film.

Excuse me. He doesn't study film like Brady. See Chets post. Again.....how the he'll does he know.

OpIv37
10-17-2023, 08:08 PM
And back to the original topic: we’re Buffalo. We’re a rust belt city with awful weather that loves hockey. It’s not LA or NYC or Vegas or even DC. We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.

But if Josh Allen wins a SB, he can bling out like a rap star and I won’t say one word about it.

Mace
10-17-2023, 08:37 PM
I don't understand why people think Allen stopped working with Jordan Palmer.

Palmer discusses working with him this offseason ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=josh+allen+jordan+palmer&rlz=1CAVARX_enUS1074US1074&oq=josh+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i59j69i60l3.4152j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ce942ecb,vid:vtA4LC7VSUs,st:0

Mace
10-17-2023, 08:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FJDjuInSdM&ab_channel=TheQBRoom

Forward_Lateral
10-18-2023, 06:35 AM
I don't understand why people think Allen stopped working with Jordan Palmer.

Palmer discusses working with him this offseason ?

https://www.google.com/search?q=josh+allen+jordan+palmer&rlz=1CAVARX_enUS1074US1074&oq=josh+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i59j69i60l3.4152j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ce942ecb,vid:vtA4LC7VSUs,st:0
Because people think they know everything.

Forward_Lateral
10-18-2023, 06:38 AM
I pretty much agree. We needed less heroball from Josh but nobody wanted him neutered. He seems to have gone to the other extreme, and as I said before he needs to find the balance between the two, and he's struggling with that.
They (the coaches) need to remove the fear of making mistakes. If he makes a mistake, live with it and move on. Brett Favre made plenty of horrible mistakes, but nobody told him to reel it in.

Mike13
10-18-2023, 07:57 AM
Hailee Steinfeld

I seriously have no idea who she is. I had to google her and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything she’s been in.
She was in the remake of True Grit when she was a little kid.

notacon
10-18-2023, 01:18 PM
And back to the original topic: we’re Buffalo. We’re a rust belt city with awful weather that loves hockey. It’s not LA or NYC or Vegas or even DC. We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.

But if Josh Allen wins a SB, he can bling out like a rap star and I won’t say one word about it.

$1,000 for lame assumptions, Alex :D:

Hate to tell you but VEGAS is a LOT like Buffalo in that "We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.”

The backbone of Vegas ARE the hardworking down-to-earth types who clean the hotel rooms, sweat in the kitchen, park the cars, carry the baggage and stand on their feet for 8 hours dealing cards to the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”.

The locals (for the most part) can’t STAND the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”. They can't STAND the ****ty tourists that think they can come here and do anything they want....making fools of themselves. The conventioneers that flood the city and let loose because they are away from their spouses.

That’s why we keep them restricted to the Strip. Locals do not go to the Strip. They just work there, putting up with the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”

The locals LOVE hockey too. The biggest difference between Buffalo and Vegas when it comes to hockey is that we have a WINNER here....from the get go. :D:

Chet
10-19-2023, 01:47 AM
Excuse me. He doesn't study film like Brady. See Chets post. Again.....how the he'll does he know.
He studies film, but not like Brady. That’s a fact.

Because if it is not, and he actually does watch film like Brady, then the alternative reason for him making the same mistakes 3 years in a row is much more alarming: he’s stupid.

I refuse to believe that. His motivation is not what it used to be because he’s surrounded by yes men and losers.

YardRat
10-19-2023, 05:24 AM

"He doesn't study film like Brady" is not "he doesn't study film".

And it's highly likely he doesn't. Probably Brady himself riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about not being committed enough is ample evidence to at least consider it.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2023, 06:14 AM

And it's highly likely he doesn't. Probably Brady himself riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about not being committed enough is ample evidence to at least consider it.

In fairness, nobody studies film like Brady and BB.

Chet
10-19-2023, 06:48 AM
In fairness, nobody studies film like Brady and BB.
No doubt about that. It takes sacrifice and a burning ambition to be the best. Mahomes and Reid seem to be on the path, never resting on their laurels

Historian
10-19-2023, 06:55 AM
One thing I was thinking about, was the commercial curse.

Normally, it hits the first draft pick, like Mayfield with insurance and RG3 with Subway.

It took the national media a couple years to find Josh Allen out of Wyoming, but now it seems like he is in a lot of commercials, including Sunday ticket.

Yes, I know they are filmed in the off-season, but it's still a big distraction.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2023, 08:12 AM
No doubt about that. It takes sacrifice and a burning ambition to be the best. Mahomes and Reid seem to be on the path, never resting on their laurels

How do you know that?

Are you in the Chiefs' facilities? Do you have insider knowledge?

Anything else is just an assumption, for all you know Mahomes doesn't watch any film.

Chet
10-19-2023, 08:15 AM
How do you know that?

Are you in the Chiefs' facilities? Do you have insider knowledge?

Anything else is just an assumption, for all you know Mahomes doesn't watch any film.
My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2023, 08:17 AM
My insider knowledge is that they keep winning SBs and making AFC championships despite multiple roster and coaching changes.

That doesn't mean Mahomes studies endless hours of tape or prepares any different than anyone else. You can study film for days, if you don't know what you are studying, it's pointless.

Chet
10-19-2023, 08:20 AM
That doesn't mean Mahomes studies endless hours of tape or prepares any different than anyone else. You can study film for days, if you don't know what you are studying, it's pointless.
What’s your theory then for what the Chiefs have been able to accomplish, and why the Bills have accomplished nothing? I’m sure you have some wild ones

OpIv37
10-19-2023, 08:24 AM
$1,000 for lame assumptions, Alex :D:

Hate to tell you but VEGAS is a LOT like Buffalo in that "We like the hardworking down-to-earth types more than the flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth.”

The backbone of Vegas ARE the hardworking down-to-earth types who clean the hotel rooms, sweat in the kitchen, park the cars, carry the baggage and stand on their feet for 8 hours dealing cards to the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”.

The locals (for the most part) can’t STAND the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”. They can't STAND the ****ty tourists that think they can come here and do anything they want....making fools of themselves. The conventioneers that flood the city and let loose because they are away from their spouses.

That’s why we keep them restricted to the Strip. Locals do not go to the Strip. They just work there, putting up with the "flashy showoff types who flaunt their fame and wealth”

The locals LOVE hockey too. The biggest difference between Buffalo and Vegas when it comes to hockey is that we have a WINNER here....from the get go. :D:
Yet, the city makes all their money off the show offs who flaunt their fame and wealth, and the only reason they are able to do that is because the city promotes itself as a place where people can do whatever they want. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

I get it. I’ve lived in places that attract tourists. They’re annoying as hell. I’ve been a tourist in places where you can feel the hostility from the locals. I’m sure the Vegas locals are annoyed by the tourists, but the city has made “rich tourists acting like *******s” the backbone of the economy.

As far as hockey, well Vegas was handed a winner. The expansion draft was designed to make them instantly successful. And, I’ve never been there, but I highly doubt anyone there cared about hockey before they were gift wrapped a winner as their first major professional team. If the NBA was first, they’d love basketball. If MLB was first, they’d love baseball, etc.

Forward_Lateral
10-19-2023, 09:51 AM
What’s your theory then for what the Chiefs have been able to accomplish, and why the Bills have accomplished nothing? I’m sure you have some wild ones
13 seconds of idiotic coaching and playing

notacon
10-19-2023, 01:25 PM

Brady was also "riding Josh's ass all day during the golf match about" him being fat and chubby.

Sorry, but your "evidence" is not only NOT "ample" it's absurdly silly.

The "fact" is that no one here knows that "He (Josh) studies film, but not like Brady."...and saying that is a "fact" is also absurdly silly.

No surprise this crap is coming from two of the Negative Nancy's that plague this forum.

notacon
10-19-2023, 01:29 PM
Yet, the city makes all their money off the show offs who flaunt their fame and wealth, and the only reason they are able to do that is because the city promotes itself as a place where people can do whatever they want. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

I get it. I’ve lived in places that attract tourists. They’re annoying as hell. I’ve been a tourist in places where you can feel the hostility from the locals. I’m sure the Vegas locals are annoyed by the tourists, but the city has made “rich tourists acting like *******s” the backbone of the economy.

As far as hockey, well Vegas was handed a winner. The expansion draft was designed to make them instantly successful. And, I’ve never been there, but I highly doubt anyone there cared about hockey before they were gift wrapped a winner as their first major professional team. If the NBA was first, they’d love basketball. If MLB was first, they’d love baseball, etc.

My post was meant to be lighthearted. I even used TWO :D:.

I know hockey is a sore spot with you. Too bad. :D:

notacon
10-19-2023, 01:39 PM

:rofl: :rofl: Your "insider knowledge"?!?!? :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you are now trying to redefine what "insider knowledge" even means.

Hey...if you have ANY current (or ex, for that matter) NFL player or NFL coach's cell number and if you call them they know who you are and take that call....prove it!!!

THAT'S what a "insider" has. And THAT'S why I value REAL "insiders" information, observations and opinions.

The FACT is that you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject of how players prepare or how much film they watch except what media sources have told you....many times the same media sources that so many posters scoff at whenever they write something that goes against the often times silly negative opinions written here.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-19-2023, 04:07 PM
I know I’m contributing, but this entire thread is an idiot

Chet
10-19-2023, 04:21 PM
13 seconds of idiotic coaching and playing

That’s one year, and those 13 seconds never happen if we aren’t punting games against the Steelers, Jags or Patriots that put us in the position to have to travel to KC

Chet
10-19-2023, 04:31 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Your "insider knowledge"?!?!? :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you are now trying to redefine what "insider knowledge" even means.

Hey...if you have ANY current (or ex, for that matter) NFL player or NFL coach's cell number and if you call them they know who you are and take that call....prove it!!!

THAT'S what a "insider" has. And THAT'S why I value REAL "insiders" information, observations and opinions.

The FACT is that you have no idea what you are talking about on this subject of how players prepare or how much film they watch except what media sources have told you....many times the same media sources that so many posters scoff at whenever they write something that goes against the often times silly negative opinions written here.

The fact is they have multiple SBs, their floor is the AFCCG, and they don’t make excuses. They just keep winning. I’m curious why you think the Bills haven’t done that

notacon
10-20-2023, 12:43 PM

This is false. THE coach that matters, head coach Andy Reid, has been the same since 2013.

Every team has "multiple roster changes" every single year. Overthecap did analysis (https://overthecap.com/roster-turnover-in-the-nfl) (in 2020, there is no reason to think it's different since then) and roster turnover, across the NFL as they state quite clearly...."To say NFL rosters are unstable is certainly an understatement. On average only 56% of players return from one year to the next and two years out it is just around 35%."

The fact is they have multiple SBs, their floor is the AFCCG, and they don’t make excuses. They just keep winning. I’m curious why you think the Bills haven’t done that
Simple.

Patrick Mahomes.

Josh Allen is an elite QB for sure, and the reason the Bills are considered, and will continue to be considered SB contenders. He makes astounding plays with his arm and legs. A true gunslinger that can do it ALL on the field, make every throw.

The FACT is that Mahomes is simply better than any other NFL QB today, (including Josh Allen) and it's by quite a significant margin.

Why???

He RARELY makes boneheaded mistakes. When he does....like in the AFCC game vs Cincy when he made a rookie mistake at the end of the first half giving up a sure FG, to his EPICALLY awful performance in OT....the Chiefs are much more likely to lose.

When Josh Allen plays mistake free football, the Bills are almost unstoppable.

Back to Andy Reid....the Chiefs were a very good team with a very good QB, Alex Smith (with Kelce) from his first year with KC. Their playoff success?? Not much.

2013 - one and out - lost in WC round
2014 - missed playoffs
2015 - won WC, lost Div to NE and Brady
2016 - one and out - lost in Div to Pittsburgh (did not play in WC, they were #2 seed)
2017 - one and out - lost to Tenn in WC

For the math challenged, that is a 1-4 record.

2018 Patrick Mahomes takes over as starting QB....

2018 - lost in AFCC to NE and Brady (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)
2019 - won Super Bowl beating HOU in Div, and Tenn in AFCC. Did not have to play against NE and Brady. (they had fist round bye via #2 seed)
2020 - lost SB to Tampa Bay and TOM BRADY. (they had fist round bye via #1 seed) - Bills get #2 seed but because of playoff change do NOT get first round bye.
2021 - lost to Cincy in AFCC - they did NOT get first round bye
2022 - won SB - (they had fist round bye via #1 seed)

Sensing a pattern here???? No Mahomes, no success. Mahomes - great success.

Same with Belichick and Brady.

Same with Paul Brown and Otto Graham (yes, the great Paul Brown never won a championship without Otto Graham at QB).

Same with Vince Lombardi and Bart Starr (yes, the great Vince Lombardi never won a championship without Bart Starr at QB).

Your EPICALLY terrible post (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/263978-Proud-of-this-team-so-far?p=5048014&viewfull=1#post5048014) "I’m rooting for them to lose from here on out, only a coaching change and roster turnover can fix this." makes even less sense when the facts and reality are comprehended.

The FACT is that there is ALWAYS "roster turnover" every stinkin' year for every team. A "coaching change" will accomplish nothing, just like a coaching change for KC would have done nothing to cause the Chiefs' rise...it was the addition of almost mistake free Patrick Mahomes that brought KC over the hump.

When Josh Allen starts playing mistake free football at the level of Mahomes and Brady, the Bills will see success.