PDA

View Full Version : Balls and goats

Novacane
10-15-2023, 10:41 PM
Balls
I don't think anyone deserves one. They stole this one.

Goats

Mcd. His team is not ready to play far to often.

Dorsey.....can't stand him

Crisis
10-15-2023, 10:43 PM
Davis and Knox are way too inconsistent of pass catchers. I'm so tired of the highs and lows, need consistency out of them.

Ed Oliver not wrapping up Tyrod at the end, how many redzone drives does this man plan on extending this year between missed tackles and stupid penalties??

sahlensguy
10-15-2023, 10:44 PM
Balls: the fans. For sticking this stinker out.

That's all.

Goats: Dorsey for shotgunning 3rd and inches.
McD, for not getting this team ready, again.

Woodman
10-15-2023, 10:45 PM
Balls ... me

Historian
10-15-2023, 10:52 PM
BALLS:

Running backs.
Morris. Whoever the hell he is.

GOATS:

Bass. Putrid.

Opie. Hire two coordinators.

Von Miller. WTF are you even doing out there dancing around like one of your chickens?

Dorsey. This shotgun on 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1 has got to stop. WTF is he thinking????

John Doe
10-15-2023, 10:53 PM
The obvious goat is Tyler Bass.

Ingtar33
10-15-2023, 11:00 PM
Balls
- i'll give it to the bills (total); sometimes you just have one of those nights where nothing gets going, nothing really goes your way, and everything works against you, yet you still win in the end.
-2nd half JA was pretty good, and the running backs were pretty good as well, as was diggs.
-those fans sticking it out all night

Goats
- the refs were awful for both teams
- the jackass fans screaming about the sky falling, christ, yes, it was a dog**** team. yes this is 3 out of 6 games we played like puke this year. but it's a marathon not a sprint. I would rather us be playing our best football in january not in october.
- Elam has no business on an NFL field, what a shame, this kid was what our defense could have used. and he's just never gotten a smidge better since the day he's been drafted.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-15-2023, 11:03 PM
Balls
- i'll give it to the bills (total); sometimes you just have one of those nights where nothing gets going, nothing really goes your way, and everything works against you, yet you still win in the end.
-2nd half JA was pretty good, and the running backs were pretty good as well, as was diggs.

Goats
- the jackass fans screaming about the sky falling, christ, yes, it was a dog**** team. yes this is 3 out of 6 games we played like puke this year. but it's a marathon not a sprint. I would rather us be playing our best football in january not in october.
- Elam has no business on an NFL field, what a shame, this kid was what our defense could have used. and he's just never gotten a smidge better since the day he's been drafted.
Thanks for the perspective, ingtar

if I have one criticism of you, it’s that I wish you would chime in more often

for me, your opinion on these matters (given your experience) have more clout than anyone on this website

Gibby 2.0
10-15-2023, 11:05 PM
Balls?

Defense- injured to hell and back and they held the Jersey boys out of the endzone
Running Backs- they're pretty good
Morris
Diggs

Goats:
Bass
Davis
Refs

kingJofNYC
10-15-2023, 11:08 PM
I mean it was Diggs mostly doing his things, credit to 4th quarter Josh Allen.

Wish Oliver just wrapped up Tyrod, would have saved some hearts tonight.

This offense is bad, it has no identity, no flow. If Josh and Diggs don't create it goes bad. We run the ball better under center, but want to pass out of shotgun. It's hard to find balance, and it's hard to keep the faith with the way the O is playing.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-15-2023, 11:10 PM
Bass choked. And that fumble by Davis was bad

Chet
10-15-2023, 11:11 PM
Balls:

Hendricks
Daniels
Cuervo

Goats:

The idiotic Pollyanna fans who will slurp this “win” up like it’s the jizz of the gods.

We came one yard away from losing to the Taco Bell night shift. This is coming off an embarrassing showing last week. If you don’t think the coaching staff is a problem, then you’re the problem

Mad Max
10-15-2023, 11:42 PM
Balls:

Hendricks
Daniels
Cuervo

Goats:

The idiotic Pollyanna fans who will slurp this “win” up like it’s the jizz of the gods.

We came one yard away from losing to the Taco Bell night shift. This is coming off an embarrassing showing last week. If you don’t think the coaching staff is a problem, then you’re the problem

Taco Bell nightshift. Bwaahhahaha. The next tequila shot I take will be in your honor my good man

sukie
10-15-2023, 11:46 PM
Dorsey gets a ball for doing something an OC hasn’t done in Buffalo consistently… make adjustments, Josh was off and that was obvious. Second half he called a deliberate drive of runs and high percentage passes to put together a 17 play drive, the TD to Harty was designed perfectly . Second drive and they did the same thing.

only criticism is standing shotgun handoffs and not going ball control in the first half. If your QB doesn’t have it… shorten it up. Let him go 11-11 and then he can do things like that bullet to Morris.

Mad Max
10-15-2023, 11:47 PM
Goats:

dorsey- Too much inappropriate shotgun one of which got Damien Harris injured. Overall very little imagination in play calling.

mcdermott- Bass is not reliable outside of 50 and you have him try two when there were options.

Ed Oliver- stupid plays becoming too regular

Knox/Davis- reliability and you two don’t belong in the same sentence

Balls- Bills fans at the stadium and all of us knuckleheads here at the Zone that still Billieve

BLUTO
10-16-2023, 01:26 AM
Balls:

Hendricks
Daniels
Cuervo

Goats:

coaching seems to be a big problem on offense.

Skooby
10-16-2023, 05:23 AM
Balls: Anyone sitting there not under the red lights being forced to cheer until the very end against the lousy Giants

Goats: Fans who didn’t stay to cheer or weren’t cheering loud enough, not many false starts.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 06:18 AM
Balls

Goats
MY God Elam is terrible. I stuck up for him somewhat, but he was brutal last night.

Buffalogic
10-16-2023, 06:25 AM
Dorsey goat.

3rd and 1 or 3rd and goal? Let’s get into the shotgun with the back behind the qb so he has to gain 7 yards just to make it back to the los. Better yet the shotgun run sideways handoff that NEVER gains a yard. What a joke.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 06:28 AM
Goats: First half offense. The Refs who blew two obvious holding/PI/illegal contact penalties. Sure legs can get tangled, but when the defender grabs the WR's leg with his hand, it's not incidental. Diggs also got turned around and his arm held on a play later in the half, which was blatant and not called, so to all the Giants fans screaming about a no call at the end "Suck it". Elam was absolutely terrible. Goat to the organization for not making a pylon active instead of him. AT least a Pylon would cover a part of the field. Goat to Knox and Gabe who constantly make huge mistakes that cost this team. Goat to Dorsey for the absolute worst play calling I've seen in the first half since Tyrod was the QB. Goat to McDermott for not punting the ball instead of trying a 55 yard field goal.

Balls-- 2nd half offense. 2nd half Allen. 2nd half Dorsey. 2nd half running game. Maybe, just MAYBE the 2nd half will open up their flipping eyes and a light will go off that says "we really should make a concerted effort to run the ball and not just token shot gun handoffs".

The Defense played well, with the exception of the drive right after the Bills TD. I'm pretty sure the Giants ran the same trap play about 20 times last night.

All in all it was a tale of two halves, a lot like it was in previous teams where they'd start off slow and then wake up at half time.

Historian
10-16-2023, 06:50 AM
I have no problem with "winning ugly".

Even the Chiefs almost **** the bed against the Jets.

What concerns me is the fact that that was the second game in a row where nothing was working, and players who have made clutch plays in the past, just aren't clicking, ie, Allen, Knox, Von, at al.

Expect a top flight effort from the Pats too, they are horrid, but probably see Buffalo as a mark.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 08:19 AM
What's better than winning?

Eh I got nothin.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 08:23 AM
Deonte Harty and Quintin Morris our TD makers get a ball.

Now there's two names you don't see on the stat sheet very often.

The TD to Harty was actually a pretty nice call by Dorsey.

DraftBoy
10-16-2023, 09:10 AM
Balls:
Diggs
Taron

Goats:
Dorsey
Davis
Elam

daryls61
10-16-2023, 09:10 AM
Balls:

Can you Digg it - Only receiver Allen looks to
Let James Cook - 5.1 yards per carry
Torrence - Mauler
Morris - TD
Harty Boyz - TD
Pink Floyd - Sack
AJ - Sack Finally coming around in contract year
Groot - 2 tackles for loss
Nard Dog - All over field
Fergerson - Excellent snaps all night

Goats:

Allen - Has not evolved as QB and only looks do Diggs. Doesn't see other open receivers.
Big Game Gabe - Fumble
Bass Pro - 2 missed FG's

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 09:18 AM
Goats:

Allen - Has not evolved as QB and only looks do Diggs. Doesn't see other open receivers.

this is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Allen's problem wasn't "only looking to diggs"; his problem was nothing was working unless he threw it to diggs. So yes, you watch one drive after another fizzle out when he stops throwing to diggs, and as a result he got a bit tunnel vision.

That was for like 3 drives in the first half.

He settled down pretty well after halftime though. But Allen has never been a 1 WR guy. He typically gets the ball around to 7-10 receivers every game. Not many QBs can claim the same. If anything his biggest problem is NOT getting the ball to diggs sometimes.

But one quarter of particularly poor QB play and the chickenlittles fueled by more beer then sense come out of the woodwork and say crazy **** like this. as if payton manning, drew brees, jim kelly or Tom Brady's of the world have never had a poor quarter or 4.

It's almost like most of the bills fans forgot the past 20 years of **** QB play now we have elite hall of fame worthy QB play. If the play from JA isn't HOF every down we're ready to move on, because JA will never win a superbowl. christ as if QBs in JA's class come around ever.

when no.17 leaves/retires, unless we get packer's style luck we'll probably be another 20 years of **** qb play at the min. enjoy it while we got it because some of us might not be alive the next time we have a competitive QB behind center.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 09:27 AM
this is so wrong I don't even know where to start.

Allen's problem wasn't "only looking to diggs"; his problem was nothing was working unless he threw it to diggs. So yes, you watch one drive after another fizzle out when he stops throwing to diggs, and as a result he got a bit tunnel vision.

That was for like 3 drives in the first half.

He settled down pretty well after halftime though. But Allen has never been a 1 WR guy. He typically gets the ball around to 7-10 receivers every game. Not many QBs can claim the same. If anything his biggest problem is NOT getting the ball to diggs sometimes.

But one quarter of particularly poor QB play and the chickenlittles fueled by more beer then sense come out of the woodwork and say crazy **** like this. as if payton manning, drew brees, jim kelly or Tom Brady's of the world have never had a poor quarter or 4.

It's almost like most of the bills fans forgot the past 20 years of **** QB play now we have elite hall of fame worthy QB play. If the play from JA isn't HOF every down we're ready to move on, because JA will never win a superbowl. christ as if QBs in JA's class come around ever.

when no.17 leaves/retires, unless we get packer's style luck we'll probably be another 20 years of **** qb play at the min. enjoy it while we got it because some of us might not be alive the next time we have a competitive QB behind center.

Oh man. Thank you. I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Thank you 100x

JoeMama
10-16-2023, 09:30 AM
No game balls.

I hate high anxiety games late at night when I have work in the morning.

Side note: I cannot overstate how ****ing bad Kaiir Elam is.

I thought we were going to take Kyler Gordon with the Elam pick. Wish we did.

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 09:36 AM
Oh man. Thank you. I thought I was the only one who felt this way.

Thank you 100x

I'm 50yo... let's say Josh plays another 10 years, i'll be 60 when he retires, and i'll be in my 80s (probably, if i last that long) before i see another QB this good come through buffalo... assuming the bills are still in WNY. That's how rare someone like this is. And that's if we ONLY go 20 years until another JA comes around. ask the jets how long it's been since... Joe Namath? I mean they got ok QB play from Chad Pennington (ok at best) or Vinny Testaverde, but would you say either is "elite". Over 50 years since Namath. If we get "luck" like that after JA pretty much everyone on this board will be in the ground before the next QB of Josh's talent comes around for buffalo.

JoeMama
10-16-2023, 09:41 AM
I'm 50yo... let's say Josh plays another 10 years, i'll be 60 when he retires, and i'll be in my 80s (probably, if i last that long) before i see another QB this good come through buffalo... assuming the bills are still in WNY. That's how rare someone like this is. And that's if we ONLY go 20 years until another JA comes around. ask the jets how long it's been since... Joe Namath? I mean they got ok QB play from Chad Pennington (ok at best) or Vinny Testaverde, but would you say either is "elite". Over 50 years since Namath. If we get "luck" like that after JA pretty much everyone on this board will be in the ground before the next QB of Josh's talent comes around for buffalo.

They say you don't know you're in the 'good times' until they're already gone.

Despite the ups and downs we go through as fans, it's important to recognize that we're in 'good times' with Josh Allen at the helm.

Generational talents like JA rarely come around. Especially for this franchise which hadn't drafted a good QB between 1984-2017. Don't ever forget how bad that was.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 09:51 AM
I agree. And to say that it's superbowl or bust is ludicrous. I get it, we all want a superbowl, but to me it's not superbowl or bust. It's about being entertained every Sunday from Sept to Jan. It's about escaping reality for 4 hours a week to watch a sport.

Honestly, Bills fans are starting to remind me of Leafs/Cowboys/Yankees fans. Some of the worst fans on the planet. The moment something goes wrong they want everyone fired, and they want their Goalie/QB/Pitcher/Whatever traded for someone "better". It's idiotic. I thought Bills fans were better than this. I thought Bills fans were like me, and remembered the previous 20+ years before Josh Allen. The suckage. The absolute garbage at the QB position. The time we watched Kyle Orton as the QB and were actually HAPPY he was the starting QB because of how bad the previous QBs were.

EJ Manuel. JP Losman. Trent Edwards. Drew Bledsoe. Fitzy. Tyrod. Holcomb. ETC. The next time you want to piss and moan that the Bills WON a football game, but their QB didn't play his best, just think of those names.

/rant

tomz
10-16-2023, 10:03 AM
I agree. And to say that it's superbowl or bust is ludicrous. I get it, we all want a superbowl, but to me it's not superbowl or bust. It's about being entertained every Sunday from Sept to Jan. It's about escaping reality for 4 hours a week to watch a sport.

Honestly, Bills fans are starting to remind me of Leafs/Cowboys/Yankees fans. Some of the worst fans on the planet. The moment something goes wrong they want everyone fired, and they want their Goalie/QB/Pitcher/Whatever traded for someone "better". It's idiotic. I thought Bills fans were better than this. I thought Bills fans were like me, and remembered the previous 20+ years before Josh Allen. The suckage. The absolute garbage at the QB position. The time we watched Kyle Orton as the QB and were actually HAPPY he was the starting QB because of how bad the previous QBs were.

EJ Manuel. JP Losman. Trent Edwards. Drew Bledsoe. Fitzy. Tyrod. Holcomb. ETC. The next time you want to piss and moan that the Bills WON a football game, but their QB didn't play his best, just think of those names.

/rant
For me, the closest analogy is Elway. And look how long it took for him to win the big one, Similar with Manning of course.

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 10:14 AM
For me, the closest analogy is Elway. And look how long it took for him to win the big one, Similar with Manning of course.

It took Manning to his 8th or 9th season i think to win a superbowl... and he never played as well as josh in the playoffs; it took Elway his 15th and 16th years to win a superbowl

sahlensguy
10-16-2023, 10:21 AM
It took Manning to his 8th or 9th season i think to win a superbowl... and he never played as well as josh in the playoffs; it took Elway his 15th and 16th years to win a superbowl

In ten years, most fans will be dead. Will Allen even still be on the team? Diggs won't be. Who will catch the ball? I'm growing impatient. Now, with Allen as our QB, is our best shot. McD and Dorsey aren't up to it though.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 10:24 AM
Goat extraordinaire has to be Elam ..... we gotta get help in that spot.

No Dane Jackson really hurt .... who woulda thought they'd ever hear that.

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 10:26 AM
In ten years, most fans will be dead. Will Allen even still be on the team? Diggs won't be. Who will catch the ball? I'm growing impatient. Now, with Allen as our QB, is our best shot. McD and Dorsey aren't up to it though.

Now this is a conversation i think people are ok to have.

The Broncos went through 3 head coaches before winning a superbowl with Elway (Dan Reeves, Wade Philips, Mike Shanahan); the colts went through 2; Jim Mora and Tony Dungy

Woodman
10-16-2023, 10:30 AM
The Giants got away with a few PI never called.

2 just in the 1st quarter alone.

Yes I'm watching again.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2023, 10:35 AM

Bad reference point.

Elway carried the Broncos on his back in his 4th and 5th season to a Super Bowl.

We have a better supporting cast around Allen than Elway had around him in Denver.

Allen is now in his sixth year, no Super Bowl trips.

Chet
10-16-2023, 12:36 PM
Now this is a conversation i think people are ok to have.

The Broncos went through 3 head coaches before winning a superbowl with Elway (Dan Reeves, Wade Philips, Mike Shanahan); the colts went through 2; Jim Mora and Tony Dungy
Mate that is the conversation that we’ve (pessimists/realists) been trying to have with the Pollyannas for years now. There’s not a single soul on this forum or in this fan base who doesn’t love Josh Allen or isn’t grateful he’s ours. We just hate to see golden opportunities in his prime slip away because we have amateur play callers and a coach who hasn’t been able to motivate this team consistently for going on 3 seasons.

They are holding Josh back and killing his joy for the game. Killing all of our joy tbh

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 12:46 PM
Bad reference point.

Elway carried the Broncos on his back in his 4th and 5th season to a Super Bowl.

We have a better supporting cast around Allen than Elway had around him in Denver.

Elway's AFC was dog****. Those first 3 superbowls for Elway; in 86 the best team he faced was a marty schottenheimer above average Browns team which he needed a miracle to beat, and a ****ty jets team; in his second 87 he got there with a strike shortened year that made him face a average houston oilers team and the browns again (needing another miracle); then he faced in 89 another mediocre Steelers team, and the browns... again. The only HOF QB he faced was in the strike shortened 87 against the oiler (warren moon) Not a single hall of fame level QB on ANY of the other teams (the 2nd best QB he faced being Berny Kosar)

Please. Elway never had to run a gauntlet of QBs like JA has to run.

Mad Max
10-16-2023, 03:36 PM
Bad reference point.

Elway had an elite offensive line (one of the best of all time good) AND Terrel Davis one of the best running backs of all time( and a hall of famer) AND Shannon Sharpe one of best right ends of all time (and a hall of famer).

Manning also had an elite OL, a coach better than ours, a kicker better than ours…

If the Bills had just the quality of line that one of those two teams had I’d be willing to bet the house that the Bills would have at least one ring thus far in Allen’s time.

Mad Max
10-16-2023, 03:38 PM
Bad reference point.

Elway had an elite offensive line (one of the best of all time good) AND Terrel Davis one of the best running backs of all time( and a hall of famer) AND Shannon Sharpe one of best right ends of all time (and a hall of famer).

Manning also had an elite OL, a coach better than ours, a kicker better than ours…

If the Bills had just the quality of line that one of those two teams had I’d be willing to bet the house that the Bills would have at least one ring thus far in Allen’s time.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 03:41 PM
Correct no he did not.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 03:42 PM

Correct he did not.

Mad Max
10-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Bad reference point.

Mad Max
10-16-2023, 03:49 PM
Bad reference point.