PDA

View Full Version : Positives after week six…

sukie
10-16-2023, 10:10 AM
Wanna *****? There is an “outplayed” thread all dripping with wallow and a side of loathing.

This is what I see after reflecting on the cardiac stress test we all witnessed last night.

First, I wonder if Daboll’s familiarity with Josh’s tendencies assisted in the Giants D having 1st half success…hmmm.

now the positives.

Cook is a player and I don’t care that he’s 47 years old. Murray plays hard.

we witnessed a 17 play drive featuring 12 rushing plays and I don’t think Josh had a carry. This took the G D out of what they were doing.

Harty needs more touches.

Defense
————-

Epenesa is on pace for 10+ sacks
Floyd is a beast great signing
Rousseau was NOT a wasted 1 round pick. He is disruptive almost every play and lines up inside at times

Oliver for the most part is having his best season.

Benford and Dane are good. (Elam is not taking to pro game unfortunately )

linebackers. Bernard and Williams played well. They should only improve with more time together. Bernard has been strong especially. Milano is awesome but in total I would make a case that Bernard-Williams is better or equal to MM and what’s his face number 49.

I noticed slot of communication with Poyer and Bernard possibly assisting in calling the D.

linebacker position is not doomed.

there is no need for 30 yards at a clip plays… shorten it up and set those up later. When Dorsey shortened it up especially with his QB not zoned in… it was awesome. Josh strung 11 in a row high percentage passes. That has to be good medicine… the pass to Morris came after that.

So sure Knox shoulda pulled in that pass. WRs tangled legs shouldn’t happen, Bass should be at least 50% for a bad game…. I saw remarks on Davis inconsistent… dix he have a bad drop that I missed?

thread is yours.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 10:15 AM
:10: Great post young man.

Oliver has to avoid the stupid penalties and he'd be insane.

Love all of the observations you made.

Rousseau, Epenesa and Floyd excellent.

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 10:22 AM
So sure Knox shoulda pulled in that pass. WRs tangled legs shouldn’t happen, Bass should be at least 50% for a bad game…. I saw remarks on Davis inconsistent… dix he have a bad drop that I missed?

That should have been a catch by knox. I'm not saying it was a "good" pass, it was a little low, but it was VERY catchable. I see that type of throw on tape when i was coaching and I will tell the WR he needs to catch it. Inexcusable for knox to not catch that one. My rule of thumb is if you can get both hands on it you need to catch it. knox got both hands on it. that needed to be caught

The first "tangled legs" should have been a 40 yard PI call. the second one, probably wasn't a penalty.

Bass hasn't missed a kick in forever. he had a bad night. but then so did a number of people

Davis had at least another drop (ball hit him in the chest), maybe 2... i can't recall; plus a fumble. I think it was after a davis drop JA started to tunnel vision to Diggs.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 10:34 AM
That should have been a catch by knox. I'm not saying it was a "good" pass, it was a little low, but it was VERY catchable. I see that type of throw on tape when i was coaching and I will tell the WR he needs to catch it. Inexcusable for knox to not catch that one. My rule of thumb is if you can get both hands on it you need to catch it. knox got both hands on it. that needed to be caught

The first "tangled legs" should have been a 40 yard PI call. the second one, probably wasn't a penalty.

Bass hasn't missed a kick in forever. he had a bad night. but then so did a number of people

Davis had at least another drop (ball hit him in the chest), maybe 2... i can't recall; plus a fumble. I think it was after a davis drop JA started to tunnel vision to Diggs.

Josh missed it .... he said it right after the game .... and he wasn't covering for Knox the throw was a poor one period.

mightysimi
10-16-2023, 10:38 AM
It was a poor throw but one I expect a 14M TE to come up with

jamze132
10-16-2023, 10:45 AM
Defense played well except for a couple of Barkley runs in the 4th.

OpIv37
10-16-2023, 10:53 AM
Sure there were things the team did right, especially on D.

But the reality is that we got lucky we were playing the Giants. Probably 25 of the 31 teams in the league will beat us if we play like we did yesterday.

And we can’t dismiss it as one bad game, either, because we’ve had 3 bad games out of 6.

sukie
10-16-2023, 11:32 AM
The above is a snippet of the “outplayed” thread brought to you by “all lemon sour juice”.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 11:47 AM
I didn't catch what Oliver did to get a penalty, was it warranted?

Also, Dorian Williams played fairly well, I thought, and Bernard had another whale of a game.

I agree with Ing as well, that drop was on Knox. He had both hands on it. Was it a perfect throw? No, but if every throw has to be perfect, then you aren't winning.

Woodman
10-16-2023, 12:03 PM
“Really, it’s just a busted play,” Morris said. “Of course, we got Josh Allen on our team. And so, it’s really never over. (He) started scrambling. He was able to find me there in the end zone, and, you know, that’s what Josh does. And I’m just happy he trusted me to make a play.”’

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2023, 12:34 PM
Also, Dorian Williams played fairly well, I thought, and Bernard had another whale of a game.

I liked how he progressed from the London game to the Giants game. Seemed far less out of place and actually made a couple of plays all by himself. Remember what Bernard was like last year? I want to see how he's like after the bye when he can catch a break and review what he did.

Ingtar33
10-16-2023, 12:55 PM
Josh missed it .... he said it right after the game .... and he wasn't covering for Knox the throw was a poor one period.

I didn't say josh made a good throw, i said as poor as it was, it was VERY catchable.

Forward_Lateral
10-16-2023, 03:12 PM
I liked how he progressed from the London game to the Giants game. Seemed far less out of place and actually made a couple of plays all by himself. Remember what Bernard was like last year? I want to see how he's like after the bye when he can catch a break and review what he did.
It's remarkable how much Bernard has improved from even week 1 this year. He never seems out of place, and seems to almost learn in game from mistakes that he makes, and recognizes when teams have tendencies.

Chet
10-16-2023, 03:20 PM
We barely beat a team at home that is actively tanking. And that is only by the grace of the referee that missed the sexual assault on Darren Waller at the end.

This team was trash last week because of Dorsey and came out doing the same **** in the first half of this game. Guess what Dorsey will do next game? More of the same, but like battered wives we’ll keep coming back because we’ve convinced ourselves he’s turned the corner

tomz
10-16-2023, 03:24 PM
I didn't catch what Oliver did to get a penalty, was it warranted?

I agree with Ing as well, that drop was on Knox. He had both hands on it. Was it a perfect throw? No, but if every throw has to be perfect, then you aren't winning.

Agreed. Oliver head-butted someone after the play.

I am slowly coming around on Benford being solid. He always seems to be in position.
Regarding Elam, he got abused on one or two plays but was not a total loss out there.

sukie
10-17-2023, 04:26 PM
We barely beat a team at home that is actively tanking. And that is only by the grace of the referee that missed the sexual assault on Darren Waller at the end.

This team was trash last week because of Dorsey and came out doing the same **** in the first half of this game. Guess what Dorsey will do next game? More of the same, but like battered wives we’ll keep coming back because we’ve convinced ourselves he’s turned the corner

For more high flying Cynicisms, tune into the “outplayed” thread where you well read such gems as

“week 2,3,4 didn’t happen… unless the Bills sucked,”

”Josh will never win anything.”

”it’s the same pattern again and again except when if isn’t but THAT doesn’t count”

as always “outplayed” is brought to you by Preparation J hemorrhoid cream. Like preparation H but underperforms like Josh Allen… so the pain remains.

YardRat
10-17-2023, 05:10 PM
Pleased with the defensive line, Epenesa is increasing his next contract weekly and Floyd is a stud. Also like what Groot has done so far, solid.

The linebackers are a pleasant surprise, Bernard so far is an upgrade.

Benford is developing into a very good corner.

Torrence and McGovern seemed to have solidified the line, the rookie is moving people around and holding his own in pass pro...and they have played against some real quality interior defensive linemen so far.

Kincaid is going to be very good. Murray was a great pick-up at RB.

Woodman
10-17-2023, 05:14 PM
It was a poor throw but one I expect a 14M TE to come up with
No TE except maybe an UDFA?

Woodman
10-17-2023, 05:17 PM
I see one really great positive.

Now guess what I'm gonna say. :rockout:

1-0 Baby!!

sukie
10-17-2023, 06:05 PM
Just compare stats. Bernard and Edmunds this year. Eerily similar in tackles but that it. Bernard has 2 sacks, 2 ints and 4 PDs plus more TFL. I say upgrade

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-17-2023, 06:14 PM
Just compare stats. Bernard and Edmunds this year. Eerily similar in tackles but that it. Bernard has 2 sacks, 2 ints and 4 PDs plus more TFL. I say upgrade

i didn't think that would be the case, but i'm pleasantly surprised

sukie
10-17-2023, 06:17 PM
i didn't think that would be the case, but i'm pleasantly surprised
Indeed. And Bears fans not happy with the FA signing.

Woodman
10-17-2023, 06:19 PM
Indeed. And Bears fans not happy with the FA signing.

Only 1 of us didn't know that was gonna happen.

To nottie :cheers:

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-17-2023, 06:25 PM
Only 1 of us didn't know that was gonna happen.

To nottie :cheers:
dear Lord. quit trolling him

Woodman
10-17-2023, 10:52 PM
dear Lord. quit trolling him

check the post before mine and tell me who the troll is. :D

Woodman
10-17-2023, 10:53 PM

I totally expected the improved production .... things are looking up.

notacon
10-18-2023, 01:06 PM
One positive that is readily apparent is that McD is changing his M.O. and actually playing and trusting young players.

In the past, when an irreplaceable player like Milano went down, McD would favor experience over youth. Not this year. After pulling Dorian Williams in the JAX game (because of shaky tackling) he went right back to him vs Giants and he not only started but was on the field for 84.4% of the defensive snaps.

Second year Bernard...100% the past three games. 96.5% for the season.

Rookie O’Cyrus Torrence...100% snap count. Second year Benford 100% in four of the five games (injured vs Miami and missed JAX).

McD is letting the youngsters play and learn on their field.

The past two drafts has the Bills giving significant playing time, and relying on young players. Either starting or playing a significant role:

2022:
James Cook - 2nd round
Terrel Bernard - 3rd round
Christian Benford - 6th round

2023:

Dalton Kincaid - 1st round
O’Cyrus Torrence - 2nd round
Dorian Wiliams - 3rd round

sukie
10-18-2023, 02:22 PM
All in all having the young guys playing, especially with THIS D line, is experience that is valuable down the line. This is good stuff. Hopefully we will be speaking of Williams similar to how we speak of Bernard now.

still shaking my head at the sudden shift in AJ’s play. Night and day.

Woodman
10-21-2023, 09:57 AM
One positive that is readily apparent is that McD is changing his M.O. and actually playing and trusting young players.

We are very pleased about that ..... took him awhile ..... he finally caught on.

Woodman
10-21-2023, 10:00 AM
still shaking my head at the sudden shift in AJ’s play. Night and day.

It's like somebody finally non-bigoted the "Kraken"

Now just stay healthy and consistent ....... please !!

How and why does the word ..... w o k e ..... in this form get autocorrected?