PDA

View Full Version : Could WR Andy Isabella be Buffalo Bills’ solution in the slot?

Woodman
10-20-2023, 01:27 PM
As a vested NFL veteran, Isabella could have signed anywhere he wanted after being let go. He chose the Bills because of the fit, and what he believed he could bring to the offense. Is it time to the Buffalo Bills give Andy Isabella that opportunity?

Could WR Andy Isabella be Buffalo Bills’ solution in the slot? - Buffalo Rumblings (https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/10/19/23923361/could-wr-andy-isabella-be-buffalo-bills-solution-in-the-slot-deonte-harty-khalil-shakir-nfl-opinion)

BuffaloBlitz83
10-20-2023, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=Woodman;5051538][COLOR=#1E1E1E][FONT=Helvetica] As a vested NFL veteran, Isabella could have signed anywhere he wanted after being let go. He chose the Bills because of the fit, and what he believed he could bring to the offense. Is it time to the Buffalo Bills give Andy Isabella that opportunity?

I think the answer is Kincaid. He has to be used better. He had his best target usage in Miami and Vegas. It helped others get open too. He was hurt vs jags and didn't play vs giants.

Chet
10-20-2023, 04:02 PM
No

Woodman
10-20-2023, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=Woodman; As a vested NFL veteran, Isabella could have signed anywhere he wanted after being let go. He chose the Bills because of the fit, and what he believed he could bring to the offense. Is it time to the Buffalo Bills give Andy Isabella that opportunity?

I think the answer is Kincaid. He has to be used better. He had his best target usage in Miami and Vegas. It helped others get open too. He was hurt vs jags and didn't play vs giants.

I agree 150%

Woodman
10-20-2023, 04:54 PM
No

I'll be the one to say no. :roflmao:

Andy just never made anything of his chance.

As to why who know's? :idunno:

YardRat
10-20-2023, 07:01 PM
Only if Kincaid can't play.

If the TE isn't the solution then he's just another wasted pick by Beane.

Woodman
10-20-2023, 07:41 PM
Only if Kincaid can't play.

If the TE isn't the solution then he's just another wasted pick by Beane.

Maybe it's our O.C. I would suggest.

DraftBoy
10-20-2023, 07:43 PM
Has Isabella even seen the field for 25% of our snaps this season?

Forward_Lateral
10-20-2023, 07:43 PM
Start using Kincaid.

DraftBoy
10-20-2023, 07:45 PM
Start using Kincaid.

They are using him as a backup TE which is what he was drafted to be. I said it after they drafted him. Way too many fans were putting way too high of expectations on a rookie who we knew wouldn’t be a full time starter.

Woodman
10-20-2023, 07:49 PM
Has Isabella even seen the field for 25% of our snaps this season?

Has he ever been active in the regular season?

Woodman
10-20-2023, 07:51 PM
Start using Kincaid.

I wish they would ..... O.C. fail :idunno:

TigerJ
10-20-2023, 10:35 PM
If I remember correctly, Harty had a good play last Sunday, but they have been few and far between. I agree that Kincaid probably needs to step up and when the Bills use someone in the slot it should be Kincaid more than half the time, but on snaps where Kincaid is not on the field, the Bills could use someone who would be effective as a change of pace receiver in the slot. If Harty is not more effective than he's been, I could see Buffalo experimenting to see if Isabella can give them a spark.

acehole
10-20-2023, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=BuffaloBlitz83;5051549]

I agree 150%

I also agree 153.4 %.

Forward_Lateral
10-21-2023, 09:08 AM
They are using him as a backup TE which is what he was drafted to be. I said it after they drafted him. Way too many fans were putting way too high of expectations on a rookie who we knew wouldn’t be a full time starter.

He’s a 1st round pick. If you are drafting 1st round picks to be backups, you should be fired

DraftBoy
10-21-2023, 09:16 AM
He’s a 1st round pick. If you are drafting 1st round picks to be backups, you should be fired

It was clear from the moment they made the pick he was going to be a backup. Anybody who thought differently was just trying to convince themselves of something that wasn’t real.

sukie
10-21-2023, 09:52 AM
The problem in my opinion isn’t slot. It’s WR2.

yes 3-5 aren’t either contributing or being targeted but Gabe Davis is decent but not someone that needs to be game planned around. It’s Allen Diggs.

if number 2 was a star then the whole secondary has an issue which opens up slot routes and TEs.

If Diggs is successfully taken away it’s a long day. As great as the D is playing. Money dictated a lack of WR upgrading.

trade deadline is 31st 4 pm… let’s see what shakes out.

Woodman
10-21-2023, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=Woodman;5051570]

I also agree 153.4 %.

You beat me. :cheers:

Woodman
10-21-2023, 10:08 AM
The problem in my opinion isn’t slot. It’s WR2.

yes 3-5 aren’t either contributing or being targeted but Gabe Davis is decent but not someone that needs to be game planned around. It’s Allen Diggs.

if number 2 was a star then the whole secondary has an issue which opens up slot routes and TEs.

If Diggs is successfully taken away it’s a long day. As great as the D is playing. Money dictated a lack of WR upgrading.

trade deadline is 31st 4 pm… let’s see what shakes out.

Gabe is like a 2.75 and every once and awhile a 2.36 ..... he could be better making us better.

Should we make a move before the trade deadline ..... the prices for the obvious choices are probably just too damn high kinda like the rent.

Woodman
10-21-2023, 10:16 AM
It was clear from the moment they made the pick he was going to be a backup. Anybody who thought differently was just trying to convince themselves of something that wasn’t real.

When and if we ever use him the way we should we will be extremely excited as Bills fans to have two effective TE's ..... different skillsets to be sure ..... but I see production production production if done properly ..... is our O.C. the right guy to get that result?

We gotta reduce the Diggs targets (thereby keeping him healthy) and Josh's dependency of him to a more reasonable level "spread the wealth".

Love Diggs but it's just too damn obvious .... just make it a little less glaringly obvious.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-21-2023, 11:48 AM

He’s the starter in a 2 TE set typically. He has more catches than Knox even with missing 1.5 games

Chet
10-21-2023, 11:52 AM

Are you talking about just the short term or his overall career projection?

notacon
10-21-2023, 01:46 PM
Except Kincaid was NOT drafted to be a "backup TE".

The Bills used 12 personnel a league low 4% of the time in 2022. So far this season they are using it 8th highest at 34.8%.

I'm not sure what percentage he's been used as slot receiver, but to say he was drafted as a "backup TE" is just silly.

Being a rookie, it may take time for Dorsey to use him more effectively in the pass game. What we DO know is that he catches almost everything that comes his way.

He has been targeted 19 times and caught 17 of them. A 89.47% rate....best of all pass catchers.

The worst?? Knox. 25/14, a dismal 56% rate.

<tbody>

Targets
Catches
%

Diggs
74.24%

Davis
70.00%

Knox
56.00%

Kinkaid
89.47%

Cook
77.78%

Harty
80.00%

</tbody>
<style>table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}tr {mso-height-source:auto;}col {mso-width-source:auto;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:11.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl65 {text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl66 {mso-number-format:Percent; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}</style>

DraftBoy
10-21-2023, 05:23 PM
Except Kincaid was NOT drafted to be a "backup TE".

The Bills used 12 personnel a league low 4% of the time in 2022. So far this season they are using it 8th highest at 34.8%.

I'm not sure what percentage he's been used as slot receiver, but to say he was drafted as a "backup TE" is just silly.

Being a rookie, it may take time for Dorsey to use him more effectively in the pass game. What we DO know is that he catches almost everything that comes his way.

He has been targeted 19 times and caught 17 of them. A 89.47% rate....best of all pass catchers.

The worst?? Knox. 25/14, a dismal 56% rate.

<tbody>

Targets
Catches
%

Diggs
74.24%

Davis
70.00%

Knox
56.00%

Kinkaid
89.47%

Cook
77.78%

Harty
80.00%

</tbody>
<style>table {mso-displayed-decimal-separator:"\."; mso-displayed-thousand-separator:"\,";}tr {mso-height-source:auto;}col {mso-width-source:auto;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}td {padding-top:1px; padding-right:1px; padding-left:1px; mso-ignore:padding; color:black; font-size:11.0pt; font-weight:400; font-style:normal; text-decoration:none; font-family:Verdana, sans-serif; mso-font-charset:0; mso-number-format:General; text-align:general; vertical-align:bottom; border:none; mso-background-source:auto; mso-pattern:auto; mso-protection:locked visible; white-space:nowrap; mso-rotate:0;}.xl65 {text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}.xl66 {mso-number-format:Percent; text-align:center; border:.5pt solid windowtext;}</style>

Like I said he’s the backup TE, even in 12 personnel we’re only running it 1/3 of the time. Knox is the starter at TE, Kincaid his backup. There is no denying that reality.

DraftBoy
10-21-2023, 05:24 PM
Are you talking about just the short term or his overall career projection?

Short term, he’ll eventually unseat Knox.

Woodman
10-21-2023, 05:51 PM
He’s the starter in a 2 TE set typically. He has more catches than Knox even with missing 1.5 games
Love to see 6-8 receptions ..... 95 yards and a score.

sukie
10-21-2023, 07:59 PM
Next year , if reading it correctly post June first cut would be 3.9m dead cap with savings of 10.5m on his 14.4 salary (Knox that is)

Woodman
10-21-2023, 09:02 PM
Next year , if reading it correctly post June first cut would be 3.9m dead cap with savings of 10.5m on his 14.4 salary (Knox that is)
He has work to do .........

notacon
10-22-2023, 11:03 AM
Like I said he’s the backup TE, even in 12 personnel we’re only running it 1/3 of the time. Knox is the starter at TE, Kincaid his backup. There is no denying that reality.

No, he's not.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2023, 01:45 PM
Isabella is a guy barely hanging on in the league. :rofl: