PDA

View Full Version : Bruuuuuce Smith

kgun12
09-05-2003, 06:14 AM
Except for 1/2 of a sack he looks his age. Thank God he is not on our team! He was manhandled on all but that one play. Get your sack record than hang it up bruce, your old!:stuck:

:gobills:

Jan Reimers
09-05-2003, 06:18 AM
He's still an arrogant jerk, even as a has been.

Tatonka
09-05-2003, 07:13 AM
did you see when the tackle, fabini, actually threw him about 3 feet.. bruce landed in the DTs feet..

to his credit, he got back up and hussled.. kinda..

yeah.. he looks ancient.

Pride
09-05-2003, 07:17 AM
its too bad that his record wont mean anything... since it took him 4 years and alot of meaningless plays to get it.

WG
09-05-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm tellin' ya, he'll barely get his sack record and it's likely gonna be against a couple of teams w/ rookie or young QBs and no OLs just like last season when he logged is however-many sacks. Junk sacks. That's why he shouldn't feel particularly wonderful about taking an extra 4 seasons to best White's record.

kgun12
09-05-2003, 08:02 AM
The extra 4 years won't mean a thing to him Wys, just the fact that he got it, that's all that matters to him. He is arrogant enough to look passed the 4 time!

don137
09-05-2003, 09:07 AM
As much as I like Bruce the player we all know he is in the league for one reason- the sack record- He cares about the record and that is it which sums up his career...Bruce first, team second.

IHateTheDullphins
09-05-2003, 09:17 AM
This guy looks like he needs a walker to get around. I loved him when he was here in his prime but what a waste of a roster spot.

imbondz
09-05-2003, 09:33 AM
at this age in his career, so what that all he cares about is the sack record. That's all I'd care about.

How many more does he need?

mikemac2001
09-05-2003, 09:47 AM
i want bruce to get it. yeah he should hang it up But Bruce Gave us alot of great years and i just see these post bashing and bashing him. he is washed up but still is a great player to nfl and to the bills. it was sad seeing fabini just throw him. i hope he gets it soon so they can stop Focusing on him and talking about it.

Throne Logic
09-05-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001
i want bruce to get it. yeah he should hang it up But Bruce Gave us alot of great years and i just see these post bashing and bashing him. he is washed up but still is a great player to nfl and to the bills. it was sad seeing fabini just throw him. i hope he gets it soon so they can stop Focusing on him and talking about it.

Bruce was thrown down a few times. Either Fabini tossed him aside, or the FB would just check him from the right. Either way, he wound up on the ground in the middle of the field a few times.

He did a whole lot of overpursuit, too.

Sad to see.

kgun12
09-05-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by mikemac2001

You must be young or only remember the good things. Bruce has always been for Bruce. Always new where the camera was after a sack, always put himself ahead of the team, was one of the best paid players in the league while on the Bills and still *****ed about his contract. I said it then and I say it now the Bills should have traded this guy when he was in his prime to a losing orginization so he could be will his own kind losers. He was never happy hear. As far as them "focusing on him" it won't stop til he retires cause Bruce will make them focus on his arrogant self. That just Bruce being Bruce!

Devin
09-05-2003, 10:51 AM
Well to be honest love him or hate him hes one of if not the best ever. And no matter how long it takes/took he will own that record. A sack in the NFL isnt easy against any pro team much less almost 200 of them.

BillsOverDolphins
09-05-2003, 10:53 AM
The man still had 9 sacks last year...which was better than anyone we had...He's one of the best players to ever where a Bills uniform...Let's quit this nonsensical bashing of him...he's only 2 1/2 away from the record, and 4 1/2 away from 200 sacks...I wanna see him get one or the other on 10/19

imbondz
09-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins
The man still had 9 sacks last year...which was better than anyone we had...He's one of the best players to ever where a Bills uniform...Let's quit this nonsensical bashing of him...he's only 2 1/2 away from the record, and 4 1/2 away from 200 sacks...I wanna see him get one or the other on 10/19

exactly.

lordofgun
09-05-2003, 12:30 PM
I like Bruce.

If there was someone who could do the job better, he wouldn't be on the team.

The_Philster
09-06-2003, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I like Bruce.

If there was someone who could do the job better, he wouldn't be on the team.
exactly..he had a bad night. No one should be expecting him to put up 4 sacks a game anymore at his age, but he still commands some level of respect.

Historian
09-06-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by BillsOverDolphins

That's why I thought it would have been a great PR move to bring him here on a one year contract, play him on only third downs, let him get his record, and retire a Bill.

Our defensive ends could use all the help they can get!

bob the football fan
09-06-2003, 12:09 PM
Bruce should have hung it up about Five years ago....
I guess ego gets in the way of sound judgement.