• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Football; at it's core is a very simple game

What we saw yesterday was pretty basic ****...

1) sloppy play (penalties)
    2) beat in the trenches (both sides of the ball)
    3) interesting scheme which we never adjusted to (the Patriots targeted Taron Johnson all game long. They would line up, find him at the snap, and run at him when they weren't running between the tackles, run their play gadget/screen play toward him or throw at his guy)

that's all we saw. all game long. oh sure JA was a little less sharp than usual (I wouldn't say he was bad, his floor has gotten much higher from his rookie year, but he wasn't great either) so that didn't help at all, but when you lose at the line of scrimmage, take stupid penalties all game long, and don't adjust to something the other team is doing... well. you get yesterday.

Even ****ty teams can win when they do those things.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: Football; at it's core is a very simple game

Yea, It's still about blocking on offense, and tackling on defense.

The Bills do neither well.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
      • Nov 2007

On points one and 3

all I’m reading is coaching

fire McDermott
      I came.
      I saw.
      I conquered.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

Defense is hurting with the injuries to our stars. Hopefully the replacements will start to minimize their mistakes as the season goes on because we’re in trouble if they don’t.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

To all those who were cheering with glee when Leslie Frazier decided to step away from coaching I am at you.

McD has shown that he is not capable at either job....HC or DC when trying to do both.

You got what you wanted and are now reaping what you sowed.

Comment

• sahlensguy
            • Mar 2015

McD is not the right head coach. Been saying it all long.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

McDermott is a 'consistency wins', 'trust your gameplan', 'committed to' kinda guy so we never get adjustments. In fact, I would say the teams lack of adjustment is nauseating considering he is always blowing smoke up my ass how much growth they are going through.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Blocking and tackling.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                  Blocking and tackling.
                  How about not turning the ball over. Josh is a machine at it.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                    McDermott is a 'consistency wins', 'trust your gameplan', 'committed to' kinda guy so we never get adjustments. In fact, I would say the teams lack of adjustment is nauseating considering he is always blowing smoke up my ass how much growth they are going through.
                    Yeah, it ain't school.

It's a win now league. McD never got that. Even on game day.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                      How about not turning the ball over. Josh is a machine at it.
                      Let him call his own plays!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Let him call his own plays!
                        He needs a shorter leash. Not a longer one! Dude needs accountability.

Comment

• cas22
                          • Jul 2005

well winning in the trench's is #1 on all teams 1st, then its scheme, and in todays NFL coach's run a certain scheme and expect the players to run there system, good coach's adjust the scheme to the talent they have..

our offense is not built to run this kind of offense, Allen needs to be in a west coast offense like KC's or San Frans,,, 2 step drops let it fly, not 5 step drops and have to wait 4 seconds till a wr gets to his route tree...

how many basic screens have you ever seen the bills run under Daboll or Dorsey????? never have I seen Josh under center and fake a hand off then slide backwards and flip it over the rushing defenders to a set up screen pass... you telling me they can't run a basic screen pass????

before Sundays game Allen was 100% passing % out of the 12 formation,,, in order for the 12 package to be utilised right to have to run the ball out of that formation...

I think the real problem lies with Bean and McD babing Allen to the point where you won't bring in a OC that doesn't run the same system that Daboll ran, of coarse Allen is gonna want Dorsey as his OC he knows him but was that the right choice for the TEAM..... I say no...

they should have brought in a new OC with a west coast background and let the offense learn the book all off season, teams change all th time, Manning did and won a superbowl, Brady did and won a superbowl... its done all the time,,,, Allen knows 1 system and that system isn't cutting it, so who's fault is this problem???? I say McD.... if we fail to advance further than last year I say its time to pull the plug while Allen is young enough to go further with his career.....

not winning anything with this offense Ive been saying it since Dabolls 2nd year here.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            Yea, It's still about blocking on offense, and tackling on defense.

The Bills do neither well.
                            Preaching to the choir ..... it's been that way since the game was invented.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
                            He needs a shorter leash. Not a longer one! Dude needs accountability.
                            How long before Jimbo was calling his own plays .... if you recall?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Preaching to the choir ..... it's been that way since the game was invented.

- - - Updated - - -

How long before Jimbo was calling his own plays .... if you recall?
                              Different era. USFL?

I don't need to see Allen calling his own plays. I'd like to see more efficient pre snap adjustments to get the ball out quicker to where there are mismatches. This is where I think hes preparation is lacking to be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X