PDA

View Full Version : Bill's need the Giants to implode

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 01:09 PM
We need Daboll as our next HC. Josh needs accountability and Daboll is Josh's best hope for a quick turnaround. It can't happen soon enough.

Josh needs this

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 01:10 PM
And this

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 01:10 PM
And this

Goobylal
10-23-2023, 01:33 PM
No. Look for someone better.

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 01:36 PM
No. Look for someone better.

Daboll + Josh > McD + Dorsey + Josh

Daboll is better than what we have. And would fit in immediately.

notacon
10-23-2023, 01:49 PM
Daboll is not going anywhere.

I doubt that McD is going anywhere either.

10 games for McD to **** or get off the pot.

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 01:52 PM
Daboll is not going anywhere.

I doubt that McD is going anywhere either.

10 games for McD to **** or get off the pot.

If McD is not going anywhere, Josh is F'd.

Trade him to the Giants if that is the case for this year's #1 overall and a whole lot more.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 02:33 PM
Listening to Giants radio this morning they are talking playoffs.

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 02:45 PM

Man, you're a real party pooper! :D

We need Daboll. He's no good for them!

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:10 PM

We need Coryell.

Anybody gotta shovel?

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:12 PM
I'm pretty sure Josh needs just one thing.

Anybody care to guess?

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 03:18 PM

Anybody care to guess?

Someone to hold him accountable.

sukie
10-23-2023, 03:30 PM

Anybody care to guess?

A WR2?

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:31 PM
Guys those are both football related and excellent observations ..... I'm sensing trouble outside the locker room area.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:33 PM

He's lost his ability to concentrate ..... but I'm like that so why should he be :idunno:

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:36 PM

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 03:36 PM

He's lost his ability to concentrate ..... but I'm like that so why should he be :idunno:

Correct. If no one in the organization is going to hold him accountable, a girlfriend can!

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:39 PM

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:41 PM
Correct. If no one in the organization is going to hold him accountable, a girlfriend can!

I wonder if he'd play better with.

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 03:51 PM
I wonder if he'd play better with.

Josh isn't half the player Travis Kelce is. Sorry.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 03:54 PM
Josh isn't half the player Travis Kelce is. Sorry.

Travis doesn't have half the brain so I'd say they are about even.

sahlensguy
10-23-2023, 03:59 PM
Travis doesn't have half the brain so I'd say they are about even.

Idk...one is a 1st ballot HOFer and arguably the greatest to ever play his position.The other is a 2x Pro Bowler.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 04:07 PM
Idk...one is a 1st ballot HOFer and arguably the greatest to ever play his position.The other is a 2x Pro Bowler.

Nothing to do with brains.

YardRat
10-23-2023, 04:09 PM
A WR2?

Mahomes doesn't even have a WR1, let alone a WR2.

Mahomes/Kelce and Allen/Diggs are pretty comparable. After that, Buffalo has just as much talent at the skill positions as KC, maybe even more.

The problem is mostly QB1 execution and some coaching.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 04:11 PM

Mahomes/Kelce and Allen/Diggs are pretty comparable. After that, Buffalo has just as much talent at the skill positions as KC, maybe even more.

Kelce is his default #1 and always has been.

Especially without cheetah.

Goobylal
10-23-2023, 04:43 PM
Daboll + Josh > McD + Dorsey + Josh

Daboll is better than what we have. And would fit in immediately.

Again, they can do better.

:lmao:

He also has receivers that catch passes and an OL that can block (not sure what happened to it lately). And Reid is infinitely better than Dorsey as an OC.

sukie
10-23-2023, 04:45 PM
2nd and 4 --- James Cook run
2nd and 2 --- James Cook run
2nd and 3 --- James Cook run
2nd and 2--- James Cook run

every second down and 4 or less prior to hurry up late In Game.

predictable?

thanks to my buddy J Debo for charting it.

the Bills offense is boring and predictable.

Mad Max
10-23-2023, 05:53 PM
2nd and 2 --- James Cook run
2nd and 3 --- James Cook run
2nd and 2--- James Cook run

every second down and 4 or less prior to hurry up late In Game.

predictable?

thanks to my buddy J Debo for charting it.

the Bills offense is boring and predictable.

100 percent. Ultimately the game only exists as entertainment…and this offense is anything but that.

Novacane
10-23-2023, 08:41 PM
If you watch the all 22 Josh never looked at a lot of open receivers. He was more to blame for that **** show than I thought.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 08:43 PM
If you watch the all 22 Josh never looked at a lot of open receivers. He was more to blame for that **** show than I thought.
It's hard to believe he could ever miss Diggs but he did for an easy score.

Woodman
10-23-2023, 09:18 PM
100 percent. Ultimately the game only exists as entertainment…and this offense is anything but that.

So true today.

notacon
10-25-2023, 01:48 PM

THE difference between KC and Buffalo is that Mahomes hardly EVER makes boneheaded mistakes.

Josh Allen makes them all the time.

When Josh plays mistake free football (not superman ball) ...the Bills almost always win.

Forward_Lateral
10-25-2023, 02:48 PM

Andy Reid doesn't try to neuter Mahomes. That's the only difference between Patrick and Josh. The Chiefs never, and probably would never tell Mahomes to not run, or to reign himself in. He's thrown plenty of dumb INTs in his career, but the world doesn't end when he does it. When Josh does it, it's the end of mankind and everyone has a conniption.

- - - Updated - - -

THE difference between KC and Buffalo is that Mahomes hardly EVER makes boneheaded mistakes.

Josh Allen makes them all the time.

When Josh plays mistake free football (not superman ball) ...the Bills almost always win.

Mahomes makes plenty of mistakes.

notacon
10-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Andy Reid doesn't try to neuter Mahomes. That's the only difference between Patrick and Josh. The Chiefs never, and probably would never tell Mahomes to not run, or to reign himself in. He's thrown plenty of dumb INTs in his career, but the world doesn't end when he does it. When Josh does it, it's the end of mankind and everyone has a conniption.

- - - Updated - - -

Every player "makes mistakes".

For every one mistake Mahomes makes, Josh Allen makes 10 or more. Plus Josh makes incredibly boneheaded, egregious mistakes that Mahomes hardly ever makes.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:57 AM

He sure as hell did yesterday.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 11:59 AM

Maybe today they aren't talking playoffs so much :D

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 12:24 PM
Every player "makes mistakes".

For every one mistake Mahomes makes, Josh Allen makes 10 or more. Plus Josh makes incredibly boneheaded, egregious mistakes that Mahomes hardly ever makes.
What an ignorant statement by someone who usually backs what they say up with 800 words of diatribe. Patty had thrown the same number of INTs this year as Josh. Josh has lost 2 fumbles, Patty has lost 1.

But yeah, Josh makes 10x the mistakes

Gimme a break.

Also, in Josh's career, he's had 16 GWD. Patty has had 15.

But, game winning drives don't count, right? Only the bad performances and mistakes do

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 12:37 PM
Maybe today they aren't talking playoffs so much :D

So you're saying there's a chance?

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 12:40 PM
What an ignorant statement by someone who usually backs what they say up with 800 words of diatribe. Patty had thrown the same number of INTs this year as Josh. Josh has lost 2 fumbles, Patty has lost 1.

Gimme a break.

But, game winning drives don't count, right? Only the bad performances and mistakes do

Man, I thought the poster was just being sarcastic. Then I saw who the poster was...

Woodman
10-30-2023, 12:40 PM
So you're saying there's a chance?

Yes yes I am.

notacon
10-30-2023, 01:48 PM

Gimme a break.

:rofl: It's not "ignorant" in the least. It's realistic observation.

To write the truth does not diminish, in ANY way, Josh's spectacular play (and 16 GWD) when he is on. I suspect that Mahomes has had less GWD because he does not need to have GWD because he makes so few mistakes that make GWD unnecessary.

It's not just INTS or fumbles or other measurable stats. It's the missed opportunities and (sometimes) boneheaded, head scratching glaring errors that Allen makes regularly. It's PART OF HIS GAME. Much like Brett Farve.

Mahomes, not so much. Pat's "head scratching" plays are usually the more...."how the **** did he do that"??? variety.

As I have said may times, and was the opening sentence of my realistic 2022 thread....The Bills Have a QB Problem (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261680-The-Bills-Have-a-QB-Problem)which is also undeniably applicable to 2023's frustrating start.

"Josh Allen is THE reason the Bills are considered a legitimate Super Bowl contender, and Josh Allen will be THE reason they don’t even get there, much less win it."

The same can be said for this season as well. The three losses are mainly because of Josh Allen either making absurd, boneheaded mistakes (see Jets game....THREE INTS, one fumble, 62.7 QB rating) or not coming close to playing up to his potential (see JAX's slow start...first four drives of 3, 3, 6 & 4 plays respectability) ending in punts.... and NE....first throw is a BAD INT, 68.2 QB rating)

When Josh plays mistake free (or close to mistake free) football, the Bills are almost unstoppable. (see Miami perfect QB rating of 158.3). Can he be expected to do that all the time??? Of course not.

But to not recognize that THE biggest difference between KC's success and the Bills is Mahomes much lower propensity of making mistakes over Josh is to bury one's head firmly in the sand.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 02:43 PM
Bad news!

Seahawks acquire Leonard Williams for 2024 second-round, 2025 fifth-round picks.

Goobylal
10-30-2023, 03:26 PM
If Jones and Taylor are out again this weekend, I know who I'm taking with my survivor pick.

notacon
10-31-2023, 01:35 PM

Gimme a break.

BTW....in every statistical category in their careers, Patrick Mahomes (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm) betters Josh Allen (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm).

They both became starters in 2018. Mahomes started only one game his rookie year, the meaningless last game when the Chiefs rested their starters, he became starter week 1 of 2018. Josh Allen became starter early third quarter of game one 2018 after Peterson threw his second INT of the day. Josh was the starter from then on, only missed games because of injury.

Turnovers is particularly stark. Josh Allen has NINETY turnovers (https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/josh-allen-career-turnovers) in his career. Patrick Mahomes only SIXTY-EIGHT (https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/patrick-mahomes-career-turnovers) (with 3 more games played and 4 more starts).

That equates to Josh Allen committing THIRTY TWO PERCENT MORE turnovers.

W/L record favors Mahomes in every way. In 88 regular season starts, Mahomes has lost 18 games. In 84 starts, Allen has lost 27. Even if you truncate the years to when Allen broke out (of course, Mahomes broke out from day one of him being starter) starting in 2020 (and including 2023) , Mahomes has lost eleven games, Allen lost 15 (same number of starts).

Of course those regular season records are HUGE when it comes to playoff seeding. Patrick Mahomes has NEVER had to play an away playoff game (neutral field SB's do not count).

The Chiefs have enjoyed first round bye in FOUR of the past FIVE years. The only year KC failed to get first round bye, was 2021 when Tenn was seeded #1 and then they went ahead and got beat at home by Cincy.

Plus Josh Allen's turnovers directly effect number of losses. As John Breech of CBS Sports observed today. (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-9-picks-and-predictions-cowboys-stun-eagles-chiefs-win-wild-one-over-dolphins-in-germany/)...

In four games away from Buffalo, the Bills are 1-3 and Allen has turned the ball over eight times with six interceptions and two lost fumbles. Turnovers are always a huge deal in the NFL, but they're especially big for Allen, because when he starts turning the ball over, the Bills always seem to lose. In his career, the Bills are 9-14 when he has two or more turnovers in a game (https://twitter.com/wingoz/status/1717750418183499841), but 48-13 when he has one or zero turnovers.

Patrick Mahomes has had only 15 games with 2 or more turnovers (compared to Josh's 23...or 53% more). Mahomes record in those 15 games is 7-8 (.467). Josh Allen is 9-14 (.391).

Mahomes has had 42 games withe zero turnovers. Josh, only 29 (30% less). Mahomes record for those games, 37-5 (.881). Josh's record in his 29 clean games is 26-3 (.897).

The facts are undeniable. If Josh Allen committed similar turnover percentage that Mahomes has, the Bills would be a much better team.

Again, the Bills are a very good team. I have extolled their awesomeness with these facts....

2nd most wins of any NFL team since 2020
Four consecutive double digit winning seasons since 2019
Four consecutive playoff seasons
Three consecutive seasons of AFC East title winners
More playoff wins in the three seasons 2020, 2021 & 2022 than the previous TWENTY NINE SEASONS COMBINED
Top Five ranked offense (measured by YDS/G) every season since 2020, including this season.
Top three scoring offense every season since 2020, including this season.
Top two in scoring differential since 2021, including this season. #5 in 2020)
I could go on and on.

To take that next step, to get over the hump, Josh Allen needs to stop with the boneheaded plays and reduce the mistakes (and NOT just turnovers...it's about the decision making)....to Mahomes level. <style>@font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1107305727 0 0 415 0;}@font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536859905 -1073732485 9 0 511 0;}@font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1593833729 1073750107 16 0 415 0;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; color:#222222;}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;}p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman",serif; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}.MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.5pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.5pt; font-family:"Verdana",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Verdana; color:#222222; mso-font-kerning:0pt; mso-ligatures:none;}div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;}</style>