PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller back on Bills’ practice report with knee injury

Woodman
10-23-2023, 09:30 PM
Bills edge rusher Von Miller played only six snaps Sunday, none in the second half. Coach Sean McDermott did not indicate Miller had a setback, but Miller was back on the injury report Monday.
The Bills did not practice but were required to put out an injury report ahead of their Thursday night game against the Bucs.
Miller was estimated as limited with a knee injury/veteran rest.

Historian
10-24-2023, 05:27 AM
Total waste of resources.

Forward_Lateral
10-24-2023, 06:19 AM
I wonder if this is so they can make him "out" and elevate someone from the PS?

sahlensguy
10-24-2023, 07:14 AM
One of Von's 6 snaps was in run support at the goal line on one of NE's tds.

McD is an idiot.

Woodman
10-24-2023, 10:33 AM
How can we free up a lot of cap space?

Is there any way out of this for the Bills?

Woodman
10-24-2023, 10:35 AM
Total waste of resources.

Made us weaker.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 07:45 AM
If Von can't contribute the way we hoped he might by now can we put him back on IR and put a player on the field that will definitely help ..... say somebody like Douglas for example?

Or does that screw something else up?

I want to win as many games as possible I want healthy hell bent on winning players that can get after it ........ how close is he to that is my question?

On the Douglas issue did we make a move yet so that he would be on the field Sunday night?

Novacane
11-03-2023, 07:48 AM
He was a lot better against Tampa. Patience.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 07:54 AM
He was a lot better against Tampa. Patience.
I got pretty excited about that and I'm pretty patient so I got that going for me which is nice.

HOWEVER can we please activate Douglas asap .... if we did please post it.

Joseph was activated when we moved Elam to IR.

We need another move to insure Douglas gets on the field.

If anybody has that news please share it.

I can't find it anywhere and we went big to get him and he sure as hell wants on the field.

Serenity now serenity now.

I probably love the Bills too much ........ nah that's just nuts !!

ALWAYS GO BILLS !!

OpIv37
11-03-2023, 08:39 AM
We got Miller too late in his career. He just doesn’t have anything left in the tank.

Miller, Jones, White, Milano, Knox… that’s a lot of talent and a lot of salary cap not contributing right now. I know it’s not their fault but it’s hard to win with that many resources going to 0 production

Woodman
11-03-2023, 08:45 AM
If Von can't contribute the way we hoped he might by now can we put him back on IR and put a player on the field that will definitely help ..... say somebody like Douglas for example?

Or does that screw something else up?

I want to win as many games as possible I want healthy hell bent on winning players that can get after it ........ how close is he to that is my question?

On the Douglas issue did we make a move yet so that he would be on the field Sunday night?

This is what I bumped the thread with Opie can you offer anything here?

OpIv37
11-03-2023, 08:58 AM
This is what I bumped the thread with Opie can you offer anything here?

Google is your friend.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/von-miller-7717/

$40 mil dead cap if cut this year, probably pro rated but still unaffordable

He’s due $23 mil next year, $32 mil dead cap if cut.

Translation: we’re screwed. Last year was supposed to be the year. They signed him last year to get after Mahomes but he got hurt and we hit a wall with Cincy anyway. Window closed.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 09:02 AM
Google is your friend.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/von-miller-7717/

$40 mil dead cap if cut this year, probably pro rated but still unaffordable

He’s due $23 mil next year, $32 mil dead cap if cut.

Translation: we’re screwed. Last year was supposed to be the year. They signed him last year to get after Mahomes but he got hurt and we hit a wall with Cincy anyway. Window closed.

Not my question if you read way back you'll notice I mentioned being screwed and that it made us weaker.

That is not what I'm asking can you look back to post 9 the question is about Douglas how to get him on the field .... do you have anything on that.

sukie
11-03-2023, 09:06 AM
Why is Douglas question in Von thread?

Woodman
11-03-2023, 09:26 AM
Why is Douglas question in Von thread?
imo Von isn't ready I hope I'm wrong we need room to activate Douglas I have only read that Elam to IR allowed us to activate to the roster Linval Joseph and that's damn good news.

What move do we need to make to get hungry game ready to go out and kill it guys on the field.

If Von isn't ready the question was could we IR him for four more weeks?

If he's closer to contributing at a high level ....... then obviously somebody else needs to be moved to get Douglas on the field by Sunday night.

Nobody has yet confirmed Douglas is playing.

If you have anything please post it.

Have we already made a move??

OpIv37
11-03-2023, 09:51 AM
imo Von isn't ready I hope I'm wrong we need room to activate Douglas I have only read that Elam to IR allowed us to activate to the roster Linval Joseph and that's damn good news.

What move do we need to make to get hungry game ready to go out and kill it guys on the field.

If Von isn't ready the question was could we IR him for four more weeks?

If he's closer to contributing at a high level ....... then obviously somebody else needs to be moved to get Douglas on the field by Sunday night.

Nobody has yet confirmed Douglas is playing.

If you have anything please post it.

Have we already made a move??
I mean, it can’t be that hard to deactivate someone and activate Douglas.

But, the Bills didn’t complete the trade until Tuesday afternoon. I didn’t hear when he officially arrived in Buffalo, but the earliest would have been for Wednesday’s practice. That would give him 3 practices and 4 days to learn the playbook.

What make you think he’s ready? At best, he’d be used situationally. The coaches could tell him what they want him to do in obvious passing situations and use him in nickel or dime sets.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 10:05 AM
I mean, it can’t be that hard to deactivate someone and activate Douglas.

But, the Bills didn’t complete the trade until Tuesday afternoon. I didn’t hear when he officially arrived in Buffalo, but the earliest would have been for Wednesday’s practice. That would give him 3 practices and 4 days to learn the playbook.

What make you think he’s ready? At best, he’d be used situationally. The coaches could tell him what they want him to do in obvious passing situations and use him in nickel or dime sets.

He can play that's what tells me he's ready ..... he's a starter ...... situationally NFW.

They wouldn't pursue anybody they didn't have enough info on as to his adaptability capabilities.

We got Joseph activated immediately because we had moved Elam to IR.

We had Douglas before Joseph and the spot was open why didn't he go 1st?

We need em both is the point and they can play .... there is no question about that.

Chet
11-03-2023, 11:38 AM
Von fleeced us and we all knew it but the hope was that ‘22 would make it all worth it…afterwards, who cares since we got our elusive Lombardi? Well, he got injured and now he’s old and useless, just taking the opportunity to apprentice under Beane for a future GM job.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 11:44 AM
Von fleeced us and we all knew it but the hope was that ‘22 would make it all worth it…afterwards, who cares since we got our elusive Lombardi? Well, he got injured and now he’s old and useless, just taking the opportunity to apprentice under Beane for a future GM job.

I get the feeling we will attempt to end it as amicably as possible after the season ...... would love to be wrong and have him play at the level we paid him for.

Luisito23
11-03-2023, 12:51 PM
now he’s old and useless.

And sadly, will be back next year...

Just another A+ move by this FO.

sukie
11-03-2023, 01:09 PM
I love Von on the Bills. Crushing the team sack lead by a mile at 8.5 prior to injury. He won the KC game.

There is as much evidence that he won’t regain form as there is that he will.
I’m patient. Can’t wait to see the improvement continue. He needs be accounted for even if not 100%. Let the group feast.

Novacane
11-03-2023, 01:33 PM
He was looking like Von Miller before he tore an ACL. Maybe he won't ever be the same. Maybe he will. A lot of ASSuming in this thread. You're all talking like he sucked before he got hurt.

OpIv37
11-03-2023, 01:39 PM
I love Von on the Bills. Crushing the team sack lead by a mile at 8.5 prior to injury. He won the KC game.

There is as much evidence that he won’t regain form as there is that he will.
I’m patient. Can’t wait to see the improvement continue. He needs be accounted for even if not 100%. Let the group feast.

Time’s up. We already lost 3 games, at least 2 of which we should have won. Miami and KC are tearing it up. Baltimore is really good, Jax is a surprise and Cincy is getting healthy. Even the Jets are right on our heels.

The back 7 on D is banged up. Getting after the passer is the only chance we have to avoid getting shredded by Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Dak and Tua. There is no more margin for error.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 01:41 PM
So far we've only played Tua how'd that one work out again? :scratch:

Chet
11-03-2023, 01:42 PM
Nobody said he sucked before he got hurt, but nice strawman.

We all knew going in that we had maybe 2 years to capitalize on him, and this was pre-injury. He got hurt, and now we have to bank that a 34(?) year old will defy age and injury (again). Could it happen? Sure, you can suppose anything. Is it likely? That’s a different question altogether

Chet
11-03-2023, 01:46 PM
Before blood starts flowing from the usual suspects just know that I was on board with this gamble. The hope was he would be the missing piece while also attracting other high profile FAs looking to chase a ring. We rolled the dice but crapped out. It happens.

Woodman
11-03-2023, 08:38 PM
Before blood starts flowing from the usual suspects just know that I was on board with this gamble. The hope was he would be the missing piece while also attracting other high profile FAs looking to chase a ring. We rolled the dice but crapped out. It happens.
Definitely gotta take the shot.

Let's see how it all plays out.

Show us Von !!!!