X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Possible Trade Targets

With the news Dawkins is restructuring this must mean a trade is about to happen. No need for that at this point in the season…

I see many possibilities on the Saints. They’re season is over and their roster needs a rebuild…

Possibilities:

Saints:

Marshon Lattimore
    Ryan Ramczyk
    Michael Thomas
    Cameron Jordan

Rams:

Aaron Donald
    Rob Havenstein
    Cooper Kupp

Giants:

Leonard Williams
    A’Shawn Robinson
    Dexter Lawrence

Bears:

DJ Moore
    Yannick Ngakoue

Any other ideas?
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Possible Trade Targets

Forget the Giants they think they're headed to the playoffs.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

The deadline should be extended by 2 weeks that would bring more sense to the minds of the maybe we can maybe maybe maybe's.

Nov. 14th you know for sure by then if you still have only 2 wins or less.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

I'm thinking this is a reset for more possible PS promotions throughout the season.

Not getting my hopes up.

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
          Not getting my hopes up.
          No, not with these dummies running this team.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
            Forget the Giants they think they're headed to the playoffs.
            So they're not giving up Tyrod? Crap!!!

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

The four players mentioned from the Saints are all under re-structured contracts and have hellish cap hits for New Orleans if they move them now.
              Same with the three Rams, and Donald's '23 salary is way too high for our cap.
              And Williams and Lawrence. Moore's salary is not doable, but he could re-structure.

From a money standpoint Robinson and Ngakoue would fit, but we don't need another edge guy.

So that leaves Robinson as the only possibility from that list, IMO.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                The four players mentioned from the Saints are all under re-structured contracts and have hellish cap hits for New Orleans if they move them now.
                Same with the three Rams, and Donald's '23 salary is way too high for our cap.
                And Williams and Lawrence. Moore's salary is not doable, but he could re-structure.

From a money standpoint Robinson and Ngakoue would fit, but we don't need another edge guy.

So that leaves Robinson as the only possibility from that list, IMO.
                How about Derrick Henry? Or Patrick Surtain? Davante Adams?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

A couple of receivers to target who should come cheap in terms of trade assets...

Jerry Jeudy Denver, hasn't lived up to expectations, cheapish contract.

Hunter Renfrow Vegas, he's found his way into the dog house out there and has done nothing. Final year of contract so basically a rental, shouldn't cost really anything trade wise and has shown he was a solid slot receiver a couple years ago.

In fact I think Renfrow would be a very solid pickup for us and makes a whole lot of sense.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                    $$$

Philly was able to trade for Byard because his salary for this season is minimal and the Titans had more than enough cap space to eat the dead money, which wasn't bad either because he only has one year left on his contract.

Somebody like Renfrew might not even be doable.

IMO the only legit options are young reclamation projects on rookie contracts that are cheap right now or older vets at the end of their contract with their current teams. I really don't see them snagging any 'legit' name that is tied to big money.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DetoxTent
                      • Sep 2023

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                      Just stop.

Sources: Raiders won't trade Davante Adams before deadline

Trade Derrick Henry? It'd make sense for Tennessee Titans were it not for one thing |Estes

They Bills like their top 2 RBs and are not going to overpay for a one year rental on a 30 year old 3rd RB. The idea is patently ridiculous.

And as far as Surtain, no one is going to let the top CB in the league go in a trade. So just stop. These ideas are silly related to the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

• cas22
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                        A couple of receivers to target who should come cheap in terms of trade assets...

Jerry Jeudy Denver, hasn't lived up to expectations, cheapish contract.

Hunter Renfrow Vegas, he's found his way into the dog house out there and has done nothing. Final year of contract so basically a rental, shouldn't cost really anything trade wise and has shown he was a solid slot receiver a couple years ago.

In fact I think Renfrow would be a very solid pickup for us and makes a whole lot of sense.
                        i believe Renfrows salary is to much for us right now unless they restructure him as soon as he gets here.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
                          Just stop.

Sources: Raiders won't trade Davante Adams before deadline

Trade Derrick Henry? It'd make sense for Tennessee Titans were it not for one thing |Estes

They Bills like their top 2 RBs and are not going to overpay for a one year rental on a 30 year old 3rd RB. The idea is patently ridiculous.

And as far as Surtain, no one is going to let the top CB in the league go in a trade. So just stop. These ideas are silly related to the Buffalo Bills.
                          Henry would be an upgrade over any RB we have and his ability to turn the 2-3 yard gains Cook or Murray get into 4-5 is valuable. He’s a power back we don’t have and Josh has never had. You can’t defend Henry with 2 deep safeties so it’s not ridiculous at all.

As for Surtain, Denver is in the unique position of having destroyed their upcoming drafts for Wilson and Payton. Giving up a young corner who will be old by the time you rebuild is not far fetched. They need picks or they stay bottom for 10 years.

Adams is completely possible financially for both teams so it’s doable if Raiders wanted.

Someone can correct me but can we not trade for Adams and extend his contract to make 2023 less?

Comment

• Kenny
                            • Aug 2004

I dont know... need to really get a better understanding of what the hell is happening with this team. Outside of Miami, seems like unless we're playing a garbage team we really struggle - hell, we shoudl have lost against NYG and got outplayed by NE. One player isnt going to fix this - so is it really worth giving up draft capital?

I dont know if this is a lost season or not... had my hopes we were an actual competitor after the Miami win, but outside of that one game, there's been absolutely nothing this team has shown that it'll be more than a fringe playoff team, and at best, a wildcard exit. This is still the same team that has sucked since the bye week last year, and a single win vs an above average team doesnt change anything.

Could be Dorsey, could be Josh, but they need to rise up. Mahommes got out of his funk in a few weeks (last year or the year before?)... Josh needs to do the same.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                              • Sep 2009

They have a lot of injured players, it's more likely that they're freeing up cap to bring in street free agents to fill in the roster. I mean I don't discount a trade, but they also need to free up space to address injuries and fill out the roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X