PDA

View Full Version : DT Eli Ankou returning to the Buffalo Bills

Woodman
10-25-2023, 07:08 PM
The Bills are now very thin at defensive tackle with injuries to both DaQuan Jones (Injured Reserve; surgery to repair torn pectoral) and Ed Oliver (toe) – two starters who have been key to the early success of Buffalo’s defense. In Week 7, the team’s active reserves (Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, and Tim Settle Jr.) showed some struggles against the New England Patriots (https://www.patspulpit.com/), and now Phillips is on the team’s injury report with a back problem. With all that considered, it’s clear to see what may have factored into the Bills bringing back Ankou, who they’ve shown to value under head coach Sean McDermott.

Don’t discount the idea that Eli Ankou could make his way to Buffalo’s active roster ahead of the Week 8 Thursday Night Football showdown against Tampa Bay at Highmark Stadium.

Mad Max
10-25-2023, 07:44 PM
The Bills are now very thin at defensive tackle with injuries to both DaQuan Jones (Injured Reserve; surgery to repair torn pectoral) and Ed Oliver (toe) – two starters who have been key to the early success of Buffalo’s defense. In Week 7, the team’s active reserves (Jordan Phillips, Poona Ford, and Tim Settle Jr.) showed some struggles against the New England Patriots (https://www.patspulpit.com/), and now Phillips is on the team’s injury report with a back problem. With all that considered, it’s clear to see what may have factored into the Bills bringing back Ankou, who they’ve shown to value under head coach Sean McDermott.

Don’t discount the idea that Eli Ankou could make his way to Buffalo’s active roster ahead of the Week 8 Thursday Night Football showdown against Tampa Bay at Highmark Stadium.
Hopefully this season is the last we see of Jordan Phillips. I’m tired of seeing him constantly on the injured list, giant dude that’s china doll fragile. Wasted roster spot.

Goobylal
10-26-2023, 09:49 AM
Good. That will help some. Friggin' Falcons had to poach him right before Jones got hurt.

And is Phillips hurt (again)?

Woodman
10-26-2023, 10:16 AM
Good. That will help some. Friggin' Falcons had to poach him right before Jones got hurt.

And is Phillips hurt (again)?
Appears to be .... not sure what the problem is.

UPDATE: something to do with his back.

Goobylal
10-26-2023, 10:21 AM
Appears to be .... not sure what the problem is.

UPDATE: something to do with his back.

FCOL. And the injuries the past 3 seasons have just been killer.

Woodman
10-26-2023, 10:25 AM
FCOL. And the injuries the past 3 seasons have just been killer.

Makes you wonder about our strength and conditioning programs.

Do these guys take this stuff seriously enough ..... if it's me and i'm making this kind of money my physical preparedness is most critical.