Any chance the Bills make any coaching changes after loss to Bengals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chet
    Allenhu Joshbar
    • Feb 2017

Any chance the Bills make any coaching changes after loss to Bengals?

That would make 5 weeks of awful football in a row for a team supposedly in SB contention. This would be further exacerbated by the fact they had 10 days of prep for Cincy.

Unfortunately, I see no way McD gets fired mid season, short of a #MeToo violation that surfaces. No, we’re stuck with this ginger plank of wood for the rest of the year, if not more. This year has not been fun at all, and for many here I finally see posts of resignation where hope once was. This is why I’m rooting for a non-injury related catastrophic season—to flush this toilet once and for all and start anew. Rooting for middling success (one and done playoffs) is akin to enabling an alcoholic. This team needs to hit rock bottom or we’ll forever be stuck with this coaching staff.

Many here are calling McDermott gutless for his coaching like it’s a new thing, but I’d like to remind you that he’s been ball-less since that 4th and goal call to kick the FG at the end of the first half of the 2020 AFCCG. I’ve brought it up 100 times because with each passing game I am drawn to the exact moment he did a gender reveal in that AFCCG and showed the world he has a hatchet wound instead of a pair of brass ones.

Be that as it may, if there’s the slightest shred of delusional hope or precedent I can draw from, it’s that a change to OC—even a late season one—can spark a team on a deep playoff run. The 2012 Ravens, who were less talented than this Bills offense, were marred by inconsistent play from QB, WR, TE, and OL. Michael Oher was lambasted most of that season, Torrey Smith was very good but would disappear for a couple weeks at a time. Ed Dickson had stone hands, Pitta was good but banged up, and Flacco was his typical uninspired regular season self. Sugar Ray Rice and Anquan Boldin were great to be fair, but the offense was just woefully underperforming under Cam Cameron. They fired him late in the year and finished the regular season strong. Then they went on one of the most improbable playoff runs ever where Joe Flacco finished with what could be the greatest playoff stat line ever.

All signs point to a 7-5 record at the bye, and if a change is made at OC there is the faintest glimmer of hope we can make an unlikely long playoff run from a WC spot.

If they’re 6-6 at the bye then no changes need to be made because playoffs will be unattainable. This would ensure major changes happen at the end of the year though.

Long story short, would you prefer seeing changes midseason or after the season?
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Any chance the Bills make any coaching changes after loss to Bengals?

Shaddap

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I don't see anything happening to McDermott until this time of the season next year. Dorsey could be a scapegoat after this year, but honestly I don't think he is one of the big issues.

I prefer off-season moves, unless the circumstances are dire and all hope is lost.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        I don't see anything happening to McDermott until this time of the season next year. Dorsey could be a scapegoat after this year, but honestly I don't think he is one of the big issues.

I prefer off-season moves, unless the circumstances are dire and all hope is lost.
        Anyone who thinks McDermott is going to get fired is delusional. Dorsey, maybe, sure, but I agree with you, he won't get canned until the off-season

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

I think they will hire a real coordinator, and move Dorsey back to quarterback coach to placate Josh.

Who knows?

Maybe Daboll gets canned if the Giants continue to suck.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Historian View Post
            I think they will hire a real coordinator, and move Dorsey back to quarterback coach to placate Josh.

Who knows?

Maybe Daboll gets canned if the Giants continue to suck.
            I can't see Kenny taking a demotion. He's a penis with glasses.

Comment

• Historian
              • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
              He's a penis with glasses.
              Reminds me of the guy from Meatballs...

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

I don’t understand the intention of this thread. Loss assumption then corrective action on that assumption?

Comment

• Historian
                  • Dec 2002

My thoughts are post season.

I don't know of anybody out there right now, unless you want Kevin Gilbride or Joe Pendry back.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    I don’t understand the intention of this thread. Loss assumption then corrective action on that assumption?
                    Basically he's OPI 2.0

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

McDermott isn't going anywhere. Terry P thinks a lot more highly of him than we do.

Comment

• Chet
                        Allenhu Joshbar
                        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        I don’t understand the intention of half your threads. Win assumption, then no corrective action suggested for continual disappointment, just more sunny side up bull****.

But hey, both of ours are Bills-related so just go ahead and skip the threads that don’t line up with your propaganda. Or, you know, you can always drop some more Dad jokes since you’re a big hit with the Bingo crowd.

Either way, it’s refreshing to see the majority of the board come around to the fact that coaching is holding this team back.

So with that obvious conclusion (and try to follow along here), would you prefer coaching change(s) midseason or after another flame out?

Or option 3, you still don’t think coaching is the problem.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                          I don’t understand the intention of half your threads. Win assumption, then no corrective action suggested for continual disappointment, just more sunny side up bull****.

But hey, both of ours are Bills-related so just go ahead and skip the threads that don’t line up with your propaganda. Or, you know, you can always drop some more Dad jokes since you’re a big hit with the Bingo crowd.

Either way, it’s refreshing to see the majority of the board come around to the fact that coaching is holding this team back.

So with that obvious conclusion (and try to follow along here), would you prefer coaching change(s) midseason or after another flame out?

Or option 3, you still don’t think coaching is the problem.

You and OPI do nothing but beat dead horses.

We get it, you both think the Bills stink, and hope they lose so you can gloat later about how right you were.

Yes the coaching has been questionable this year.

McDermott has never fired a coach mid season (unless I'm forgetting), and I don't think he ever would. Heck he didn't even really fire Frazier.

There's no way Pegula is firing McDermott mid season.

Comment

• Chet
                            Allenhu Joshbar
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                            My thoughts are post season.

I don't know of anybody out there right now, unless you want Kevin Gilbride or Joe Pendry back.

I think every Bills fan, OP included, deep down wants to believe a small fix could set this team right. If for no other reason then it’s brutal to have to declare a season a lost cause with half the schedule left. I think ultimately you are right, but the best of both worlds would be axing Dorsey midseason. If the team turns it around, then we have our answer. If not, then McD is left holding the bag and he can be fired as well. So either Bills win or they crash and burn and the regime change is accelerated.

That is called making the best of a bad situation

Comment

• Chet
                              Allenhu Joshbar
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              LOL

You and OPI do nothing but beat dead horses.

We get it, you both think the Bills stink, and hope they lose so you can gloat later about how right you were.
                              I want a winner. I’m sorry you don’t

Comment

Working...
                              X