PDA

View Full Version : Dorian Williams

YardRat
10-27-2023, 06:20 AM
Did he even play? It looked like Dodsen and even Rapp were getting most of the snaps.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 06:23 AM
I didn't see him at all.

I don't know what he did in the Patriots game, but he's been benched since halftime of that game.

It looked like they were running 3 safeties for a lot of the game yesterday.

Chet
10-27-2023, 06:24 AM
Good question. What about Von Miller too? I was told he came back several games ago but I see no evidence to support the claim

John Doe
10-27-2023, 07:56 AM
Dorian Williams did not have any snaps on defense, 18 on special teams. He tends to be over-aggressive on defense.

Von Miller had 27 snaps on defense (40% of all defensive plays.) He is not credited with any tackles or assists.

sukie
10-27-2023, 10:25 AM
Dorian Williams did not have any snaps on defense, 18 on special teams. He tends to be over-aggressive on defense.

Von Miller had 27 snaps on defense (40% of all defensive plays.) He is not credited with any tackles or assists.

Von was in mostly on passing downs or they ran the middle so I wouldn’t expect tackles. He altered Mayfield’s path on one play that l d to a throw away. Von will be fine. I think the brace is hindering him a bit. That and trust in the joint.

good that we don’t need him yet.

love the Floyd signing. They need to keep him around.

ParanoidAndroid
10-27-2023, 10:30 AM
They should not let Floyd hit free agency. Lock him up for another year. They might be waiting to see what it will take to keep Epenesa, though.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 11:03 AM
They should not let Floyd hit free agency. Lock him up for another year. They might be waiting to see what it will take to keep Epenesa, though.

If I had to choose, I'd keep AJ.

But, who are we kidding, they will let both go, re-sign Shaq Lawson and call it a day. Don't get me wrong, I love Shaq.

BuffaloBlitz83
10-27-2023, 11:05 AM
Good question. What about Von Miller too? I was told he came back several games ago but I see no evidence to support the claim

Von almost had a safety and another sack in last minute

sukie
10-27-2023, 11:23 AM
AJ might not be that expensive.

Novacane
10-27-2023, 11:35 AM
Von almost had a safety and another sack in last minute

That was Vons best game. He has been invisible the first few but last night he was noticeable. And the only move he was using was the bull rush. Once he gets comfortable and trusting the knee 100% I think he'll be just fine and be rounding into form just when we need him most.

notacon
10-27-2023, 12:21 PM
Willams is not ready for prime time. He has plenty of upside and should develop into a decent (if not good) LB. His playing time will probably increase as the season progresses.

Dodson's experience and and better early down defensive ability vs the run makes him the smart decision giving Williams breathing space to develop.

Dodson's weakness is pass defense. So, on clear passing downs, Dodson was replaced by Rapp for a 3 safety look, with the added wrinkle that Poyer shifted into the LB position while Rapp played S.

The Bills unitized that look on a whopping 35% of defensive snaps (25 of 72). Hat tip to Joe Buscgalia (of course) for that observation (https://theathletic.com/5004631/2023/10/27/buffalo-bills-tampa-bay-buccaneers-2/).

mightysimi
10-27-2023, 12:33 PM
Yeah they used Poyer in the Milano role over Williams. I thought he did well and almost had a pick 6.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 01:53 PM
Willams is not ready for prime time. He has plenty of upside and should develop into a decent (if not good) LB. His playing time will probably increase as the season progresses.

Dodson's experience and and better early down defensive ability vs the run makes him the smart decision giving Williams breathing space to develop.

Dodson's weakness is pass defense. So, on clear passing downs, Dodson was replaced by Rapp for a 3 safety look, with the added wrinkle that Poyer shifted into the LB position while Rapp played S.

The Bills unitized that look on a whopping 35% of defensive snaps (25 of 72). Hat tip to Joe Buscgalia (of course) for that observation (https://theathletic.com/5004631/2023/10/27/buffalo-bills-tampa-bay-buccaneers-2/).

I'd like to see more of the "3 safety" look, personally. Poyer is better than any other option at Milano's spot right now. That's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Dodson won't be in the NFL in 2 years. He's absolutely terrible.

It's too bad Spector can't stay healthy because this is his chance to get the field.

notacon
10-27-2023, 02:21 PM
I'd like to see more of the "3 safety" look, personally. Poyer is better than any other option at Milano's spot right now. That's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Dodson won't be in the NFL in 2 years. He's absolutely terrible.

It's too bad Spector can't stay healthy because this is his chance to get the field.

The reality is that the difference between the safety and LB positions is getting closer and closer.

The other noticeable defensive use is Taron Johnson coming to the line and blitzing (or at the least, threatening to blitz).

Canadian'eh!
10-27-2023, 04:16 PM
The question is more “should he be playing?” really. Von isn’t young and he’s coming off an ACL repair. The strength and explosiveness just isn’t there right now. I suspect he’s trying to play himself back into that, but as we saw with White, who took a lot longer time off (CB is even tougher to recover) it might take until next year to really be ok.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 09:49 PM
Should Miller restructure?

DetoxTent
10-27-2023, 09:56 PM
The reality is that the difference between the safety and LB positions is getting closer and closer.

https://media.giphy.com/avatars/captainobvious/w5HJ3fnkcDMG.gif

jamze132
10-27-2023, 11:45 PM
Beane’s recent drafts are biting us in the ass. Elam is a healthy scratch for pity’s sake! Maybe a couple of these guys will pan out at the LB position eventually as Bernard looks to be developing nicely.

BLUTO
10-28-2023, 02:54 AM

That tells the story on his comeback!

Saratoga Slim
10-28-2023, 07:22 AM
Von isn’t even a year off his injury yet. And he had no preseason or training camp. He’s not himself yet but isn’t a liability. I’m not judging him until December

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 09:52 AM
Von isn’t even a year off his injury yet. And he had no preseason or training camp. He’s not himself yet but isn’t a liability. I’m not judging him until December

Thank you.

As for Williams, Bernard didn't look great last year either. And without DaQuon Jones eating up space, it's going to be harder for a smaller rookie LB'er to thrive.

Woodman
10-28-2023, 01:05 PM
Thank you.

As for Williams, Bernard didn't look great last year either. And without DaQuon Jones eating up space, it's going to be harder for a smaller rookie LB'er to thrive.

Jones was such a key is there any chance he returns this season. :idunno:

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 08:52 AM
Jones was such a key is there any chance he returns this season. :idunno:

I think there is. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 09:00 AM
I think there is. No inside knowledge, just a hunch.

My son keeps insisting he has a chance to get back and expects it to happen .... the only thing I heard sounded more negative ..... here's hoping for the best .... we really miss him.

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 09:02 AM
My son keeps insisting he has a chance to get back and expects it to happen .... the only thing I heard sounded more negative ..... here's hoping for the best .... we really miss him.

I'm glad they got Ankou back. He's the closest thing to a space eater they had (and figures they had to lose him just before Jones was lost).

daryls61
10-29-2023, 10:24 AM
Jones could come back in January so maybe for playoffs. HCSM might be on to something with Poyer as the passing LB. We shall see.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 10:31 AM
I'm glad they got Ankou back. He's the closest thing to a space eater they had (and figures they had to lose him just before Jones was lost).

If not for bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 10:33 AM
Jones could come back in January so maybe for playoffs. HCSM might be on to something with Poyer as the passing LB. We shall see.

That would be awesome.

That Poyer thing will work as long as he can stay on the field .... that's the biggest question with that.

Mr. Pink
10-29-2023, 01:29 PM
Just another guy who isn't good enough for this level of play.

At least he contributes on special teams.

DetoxTent
10-30-2023, 06:09 AM
The Bills tried the hybrid thing with Coy Wire. Was that back in the Dick Jauron era? I can't even remember. It didn't work then, it isn't going to work now.

Dorian Williams will be fine. Give him a minute to try to digest the speed of the pro game. Geez.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 06:33 AM
The Bills tried the hybrid thing with Coy Wire. Was that back in the Dick Jauron era? I can't even remember. It didn't work then, it isn't going to work now.

Dorian Williams will be fine. Give him a minute to try to digest the speed of the pro game. Geez.

Did you seriously just compare Coy Wire to Jordan Poyer?