• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Dorian Williams

Did he even play? It looked like Dodsen and even Rapp were getting most of the snaps.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: Dorian Williams

I didn't see him at all.

I don't know what he did in the Patriots game, but he's been benched since halftime of that game.

It looked like they were running 3 safeties for a lot of the game yesterday.

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

Good question. What about Von Miller too? I was told he came back several games ago but I see no evidence to support the claim

Comment

• John Doe
        Florida Man
        • Jul 2002

Dorian Williams did not have any snaps on defense, 18 on special teams. He tends to be over-aggressive on defense.

Von Miller had 27 snaps on defense (40% of all defensive plays.) He is not credited with any tackles or assists.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Originally posted by John Doe View Post
          Dorian Williams did not have any snaps on defense, 18 on special teams. He tends to be over-aggressive on defense.

Von Miller had 27 snaps on defense (40% of all defensive plays.) He is not credited with any tackles or assists.
          Von was in mostly on passing downs or they ran the middle so I wouldn’t expect tackles. He altered Mayfield’s path on one play that l d to a throw away. Von will be fine. I think the brace is hindering him a bit. That and trust in the joint.

good that we don’t need him yet.

love the Floyd signing. They need to keep him around.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

They should not let Floyd hit free agency. Lock him up for another year. They might be waiting to see what it will take to keep Epenesa, though.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              They should not let Floyd hit free agency. Lock him up for another year. They might be waiting to see what it will take to keep Epenesa, though.
              If I had to choose, I'd keep AJ.

But, who are we kidding, they will let both go, re-sign Shaq Lawson and call it a day. Don't get me wrong, I love Shaq.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                Good question. What about Von Miller too? I was told he came back several games ago but I see no evidence to support the claim
                Von almost had a safety and another sack in last minute

Comment

• sukie
                  Seriously?
                  • Sep 2012

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                  AJ might not be that expensive.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83 View Post
                    Von almost had a safety and another sack in last minute
                    That was Vons best game. He has been invisible the first few but last night he was noticeable. And the only move he was using was the bull rush. Once he gets comfortable and trusting the knee 100% I think he'll be just fine and be rounding into form just when we need him most.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Willams is not ready for prime time. He has plenty of upside and should develop into a decent (if not good) LB. His playing time will probably increase as the season progresses.

Dodson's experience and and better early down defensive ability vs the run makes him the smart decision giving Williams breathing space to develop.

Dodson's weakness is pass defense. So, on clear passing downs, Dodson was replaced by Rapp for a 3 safety look, with the added wrinkle that Poyer shifted into the LB position while Rapp played S.

The Bills unitized that look on a whopping 35% of defensive snaps (25 of 72). Hat tip to Joe Buscgalia (of course) for that observation.

Comment

• mightysimi
                        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                        • Mar 2010

Yeah they used Poyer in the Milano role over Williams. I thought he did well and almost had a pick 6.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                          Willams is not ready for prime time. He has plenty of upside and should develop into a decent (if not good) LB. His playing time will probably increase as the season progresses.

Dodson's experience and and better early down defensive ability vs the run makes him the smart decision giving Williams breathing space to develop.

Dodson's weakness is pass defense. So, on clear passing downs, Dodson was replaced by Rapp for a 3 safety look, with the added wrinkle that Poyer shifted into the LB position while Rapp played S.

The Bills unitized that look on a whopping 35% of defensive snaps (25 of 72). Hat tip to Joe Buscgalia (of course) for that observation.
                          I'd like to see more of the "3 safety" look, personally. Poyer is better than any other option at Milano's spot right now. That's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Dodson won't be in the NFL in 2 years. He's absolutely terrible.

It's too bad Spector can't stay healthy because this is his chance to get the field.

Comment

• notacon
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            I'd like to see more of the "3 safety" look, personally. Poyer is better than any other option at Milano's spot right now. That's unfortunate, but it's the truth. Dodson won't be in the NFL in 2 years. He's absolutely terrible.

It's too bad Spector can't stay healthy because this is his chance to get the field.
                            The reality is that the difference between the safety and LB positions is getting closer and closer.

The other noticeable defensive use is Taron Johnson coming to the line and blitzing (or at the least, threatening to blitz).

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Chet View Post
                              The question is more “should he be playing?” really. Von isn’t young and he’s coming off an ACL repair. The strength and explosiveness just isn’t there right now. I suspect he’s trying to play himself back into that, but as we saw with White, who took a lot longer time off (CB is even tougher to recover) it might take until next year to really be ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X