PDA

View Full Version : Positives, not necessarily from last night:

Historian
10-27-2023, 06:30 AM
1. Josh got his swagger back. The twinkle in his eye, whatever you want to call it. He threw for 77%. He ran well, and he SLID.

2. Shakir. Finally had a breakout game. Looks as if Josh trusts him too.

3. Kincaid is as billed. Glad the Bills moved up to bag him over the Cowboys, as he fits that Novacek/Whitten mold.

4. Beneford. Hits like a truck, and can cover.

5. Cook is a nice upgrade from Singletary.

Anything else?

Chet
10-27-2023, 06:32 AM
Gabe Davis was 9/12 rec/tar, far better than his usual 3/10

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 06:36 AM
6. Rapp looks like he might be a nice find, and a replacement for Hyde or Poyer--which leads me to Poyer, who looks rejuvenated after looking slow as balls for the first part of the season.

sukie
10-27-2023, 07:19 AM
Sam Martin was on last night. very reliable

Did D Williams even play last night? Blank stat sheet.

the rush did get home a few times but was pretty disruptive all night.

Harty had some nice effort filled returns.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 09:05 AM
The OL seems to be getting it's act together ..... the new additions have been a definite improvement over Saffold and Bates ..... not calling out Bates but I like him for depth.

Saffold sucked ......... is that fair?

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 09:08 AM
The OL seems to be getting it's act together ..... the new additions have been a definite improvement over Saffold and Bates ..... not calling out Bates but I like him for depth.

Saffold sucked ......... is that fair?
Torrence isn't doing much better, at times. If you watch, most of the pressure comes from up the middle, and usually it's him. He shows flashes though, and I agree, he's better than the Safolding card table

Woodman
10-27-2023, 09:30 AM
Torrence isn't doing much better, at times. If you watch, most of the pressure comes from up the middle, and usually it's him. He shows flashes though, and I agree, he's better than the Safolding card table
I'm pretty happy with the big man at this stage of it.

Saffold almost got Josh killed.

sukie
10-27-2023, 09:48 AM
“The Irishman” will lol be fine. He’s a rookie learning under fire. A full season under his belt and NFL offseason conditioning

he will grow into a solid OLine staple

Historian
10-27-2023, 09:50 AM
I agree.

sukie
10-27-2023, 10:12 AM
I would love more picks like Torrence

cookie G
10-27-2023, 10:29 AM
In terms of pass pro, except for the NE game and to an extent the Jets game, the OL has held up well;

Last night, in the first half at least, it was like games 2-4. Josh was hitting the open guy. He started forcing things into Diggs in the 2nd half, and the results showed.

Hit
the
open
man.

Kincaid beat LaVonte David several times last night, one of the best pass coverage LB's in the league.

Overall, the Bucs still have a good D. They are still top 10 in points allowed. The Bills scored more points against them than anyone this year excepting the Eagles.

The D, for losing its top player at each level (D. Jones in run D)...isn't playing all that bad.

I don't know how much its that Shakir had a "breakout" game, its just htat Josh started targeting him. He's been open in other games, he just hasn't gotten the ball.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 10:51 AM
In terms of pass pro, except for the NE game and to an extent the Jets game, the OL has held up well;

Last night, in the first half at least, it was like games 2-4. Josh was hitting the open guy. He started forcing things into Diggs in the 2nd half, and the results showed.

Hit
the
open
man.

Kincaid beat LaVonte David several times last night, one of the best pass coverage LB's in the league.

Overall, the Bucs still have a good D. They are still top 10 in points allowed. The Bills scored more points against them than anyone this year excepting the Eagles.

The D, for losing its top player at each level (D. Jones in run D)...isn't playing all that bad.

I don't know how much its that Shakir had a "breakout" game, its just htat Josh started targeting him. He's been open in other games, he just hasn't gotten the ball.
Agreed.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 11:25 AM
Ed Oliver keeps getting better. Is living up to his contract.

Cook. I know he was mentioned. Hits the hole fast. Impressed. I would have used him late on the 3rd and short last night.

Allen. Great when spreading the ball around. I know it won't last...

Epenesa. Good season so far.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 11:27 AM
Gabe Davis was 9/12 rec/tar, far better than his usual 3/10

I know it won't last...

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 11:27 AM
Spencer Brown has played much better than he did last year

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 11:30 AM
Spencer Brown has played much better than he did last year

His back and the OL in general, has been as healthy as ever. :Knocks on wood:

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 11:35 AM
His back and the OL in general, has been as healthy as ever. :Knocks on wood:
DOH

Luisito23
10-27-2023, 11:55 AM
3. Kincaid is as billed. Glad the Bills moved up to bag him over the Cowboys, as he fits that Novacek/Whitten mold.

Loved that Dalton finally got his 1st. TD, and I loved watching him be so happy, celebrating with the crowd...:posrep:

notacon
10-27-2023, 12:35 PM
6. Rapp looks like he might be a nice find, and a replacement for Hyde or Poyer--which leads me to Poyer, who looks rejuvenated after looking slow as balls for the first part of the season.

As I posted in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264142-Dorian-Williams?p=5053629&viewfull=1#post5053629)Poyer was utilized in the LB position 35% of the Bills defensive snaps when Rapp came in at S. (snaps that Dodson was not on the field).

Another positive was that Knox and Morris being out, the Bills were forced to use 11 and 10 personal much more than at anytime this season. Plus the use of the no-huddle was very welcome.

They did that (11 personal) with a very specific line-up of Diggs, Davis, Shakir and Kincaid )no-huddle shunned substitutions) . Davis was one snap short of 100% offensive snap count, and Kincaid was two short of 100%.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 01:47 PM
As I posted in another thread (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/264142-Dorian-Williams?p=5053629&viewfull=1#post5053629)Poyer was utilized in the LB position 35% of the Bills defensive snaps when Rapp came in at S. (snaps that Dodson was not on the field).

Another positive was that Knox and Morris being out, the Bills were forced to use 11 and 10 personal much more than at anytime this season. Plus the use of the no-huddle was very welcome.

They did that (11 personal) with a very specific line-up of Diggs, Davis, Shakir and Kincaid )no-huddle shunned substitutions) . Davis was one snap short of 100% offensive snap count, and Kincaid was two short of 100%.
I was just going to say

Knox being hurt, which stinks, led to them being forced to ditch this stupid notion that running 2 TE sets is fooling opponents.

Running 3 Wide with a single TE is how this offense was designed, it's how it's most successful. It spreads the field opens up holes. Running 12 formation does the exact opposite.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 01:55 PM
I was just going to say

Knox being hurt, which stinks, led to them being forced to ditch this stupid notion that running 2 TE sets is fooling opponents.

Running 3 Wide with a single TE is how this offense was designed, it's how it's most successful. It spreads the field opens up holes. Running 12 formation does the exact opposite.

Drafting Kincaid for 12 man sets was a stupid idea. More drafting round pegs to fit in square holes. Injuries suck but with Knox out, our O isn't a square hole anymore.

Mad Max
10-27-2023, 02:25 PM
1. Josh got his swagger back. The twinkle in his eye, whatever you want to call it. He threw for 77%. He ran well, and he SLID.

2. Shakir. Finally had a breakout game. Looks as if Josh trusts him too.

4. Beneford. Hits like a truck, and can cover.

5. Cook is a nice upgrade from Singletary.

Anything else?

Bernard. His on the job training is exceeding expectations by a country mile.