PDA

View Full Version : Josh Allen = Michael Vick

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 10:34 AM
Disclaimer: I'm not talking about dogfighting or who they are off the field. I'm simply talking about football.

When Michael Vick played, he was fun to watch. Why? Because he wasn't our QB. You knew something exciting was going to happen. Maybe he fumbles while trying to scramble. Maybe he runs for 25 yards on 3rd and 9. Maybe he hurls a 60 yard TD pass. Maybe he throws an INT into obvious double coverage. It's amazing to watch when you're not invested in the outcome.

Josh Allen has become the same player. You know something interesting will happen- you just don't know if it's going to be good or bad for the offense. It just really sucks when you ARE invested in the outcome.

Thurmal
10-27-2023, 10:35 AM
Allen is markedly better than Vick ever was. This is ridiculous.

His real comp is someone like Warren Moon, if we're talking about greatness spliced with failure.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 10:36 AM
Thurmal has it right.

Chet
10-27-2023, 10:47 AM
Honestly, the comp we heard for a few years was Cam Newton and regrettably it’s coming to fruition, or at the very real risk of coming to fruition if the clowns are still coaching him. Josh has a lot more heart though, he would never shy away from diving on a fumble, and god knows with his ball security he would’ve been faced with the same situation

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 10:49 AM
This is the absolute stupidest thread in the history of Buffalo Bills message boards.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 10:51 AM
This is the absolute stupidest thread in the history of Buffalo Bills message boards.

Now you know we have to have a nominating process to get through 1st.

So if you're still willing to nominate I'll 2nd it. :D

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 10:59 AM
Allen is markedly better than Vick ever was. This is ridiculous.

His real comp is someone like Warren Moon, if we're talking about greatness spliced with failure.

By my count, Allen and Vick have the same number of conference championships and SB's.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. Allen gets mediocre results because as much bad as he does good. People want to blame Dorsey or the defense or whoever but so much of it is on Allen. He's just not consistent enough.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 10:59 AM
By my count, Allen and Vick have the same number of conference championships and SB's.

You're a moron

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 11:01 AM

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. Allen gets mediocre results because as much bad as he does good. People want to blame Dorsey or the defense or whoever but so much of it is on Allen. He's just not consistent enough.

This thread, and reply just proves that you are nothing but an absolute troll. You picked Vick because you knew you'd get a reaction. Nobody that has ever watched the game of football make a Vick to Allen comparison. Nobody. You did it just to get a reaction, because you have nothing better to do in your sad life than to get a rise out of the 13 people that frequent this message board daily.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 11:04 AM
This thread, and reply just proves that you are nothing but an absolute troll. You picked Vick because you knew you'd get a reaction. Nobody that has ever watched the game of football make a Vick to Allen comparison. Nobody. You did it just to get a reaction, because you have nothing better to do in your sad life than to get a rise out of the 13 people that frequent this message board daily.

I ABSOLUTELY did no such thing. When Vick played, I liked to watch him for the reason I stated. You knew something interesting was going to happen. Allen has become the same way. He does great things, but he makes horrible decisions too. There was a time maybe 2 years ago when Allen would reliably come out and put up big numbers, but those days are gone. It's either really good or really bad and you don't know which one it will be.

GreedoII
10-27-2023, 11:16 AM
Hot Take!!!!!

notacon
10-27-2023, 12:12 PM
Another dumb thread from one of the resident sourpuss quitters. :rolleyes:

mightysimi
10-27-2023, 12:31 PM
Career highs for Vick - 3303 passing yards and 21 TD passes, 9 Rushing TDs

Josh's career highs are 4544 yards and 37 touchdowns passes, 9 Rushing TDs

They aren't even in the same discussion.

Look at any advanced metric chart you want. Right now there are usually 3 names in the top right: Allen, Tua, Mahomes with Tua leading the way obviously.

If Vick had his best passing year last year, he would slot between Daniel Jones and Derek Carr.

This has got to be one of the biggest feelings over facts arguments ever.

Novacane
10-27-2023, 12:40 PM
A blame Josh Allen thread after last night? You really don't know shut about football. I thought it may be an act. It's not. Fl is correct. The poster is a moron.

sukie
10-27-2023, 12:40 PM

Look at any advanced metric chart you want. Right now there are usually 3 names in the top right: Allen, Tua, Mahomes with Tua leading the way obviously.

If Vick had his best passing year last year, he would slot between Daniel Jones and Derek Carr.

Oh don’t you worry. This will be minimum 7 pages of a nameless someone trying to refute what you just wrote and every other valid and excellent comment you put forth later.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 12:43 PM

I'm not talking about overall production. Obviously Josh is better in that regard. I'm talking about the ability to change the game with one play- positive or negative- at any time. When I watched Vick, I held my breath on every drop-back because at any given moment, something crazy could happen. Josh is the same way.

Historian
10-27-2023, 12:49 PM
I think Josh is John Elway.

Cannon arm

Scrambling ability.

Throws on the run.

Take Elway off the Broncos and they were an 8-8 team during their first SB run.

Give Elway a legit run game, and he wins the SB.

mightysimi
10-27-2023, 01:22 PM
I'm not talking about overall production. Obviously Josh is better in that regard. I'm talking about the ability to change the game with one play- positive or negative- at any time. When I watched Vick, I held my breath on every drop-back because at any given moment, something crazy could happen. Josh is the same way.
I guess I misunderstood you use of =. Because in no way are the equal other than in your feelings.

Forward_Lateral
10-27-2023, 01:43 PM
I think Josh is John Elway.

Cannon arm

Scrambling ability.

Throws on the run.

Take Elway off the Broncos and they were an 8-8 team during their first SB run.

Give Elway a legit run game, and he wins the SB.
To me he's Elway mixed with Favre

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-27-2023, 02:05 PM
Yea. Agreed with op. He actually reminds me of Bubby brister. I mean, they both couldn’t lead their teams to championships. Even Trent dilfer and Brad Johnson did. So He’s obviously better and more accomplished than josh.

sigh and eyeroll…

Mad Max
10-27-2023, 02:16 PM

I was just gonna say if he said Favre he would have had more of a case.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2023, 03:56 PM
Vick was a better runner than Allen. Vick had a stronger arm. Vick was a better athlete. Allen is a better passer.

And the difference between Vick and Allen on where Vick was better is much slimmer than the difference between Allen and Vick as passers.

Allen is the better QB.

Allen reminds me a lot of John Elway and is forced to do a lot of the same things Elway had to do early in his career with Denver. The difference between the two is Elway actually carried a pretty weak Bronco squad in 86 and 87 to the Super Bowl. Allen has not carried us to a Super Bowl yet.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 04:04 PM
JA 56/27 win/loss

MV 76/66 win/loss

No contest. Josh Allen wins much more than he loses compared to Vick.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 04:04 PM
All I’m saying is that there is a similarity in how feels to watch them. You hold your breath every time they drop back because you know something interesting is going to happen. You know they’re both capable of doing amazing things but you can’t trust either one to protect the ball.

DraftBoy
10-27-2023, 06:09 PM
I watched Vick up close for years in Atlanta, there is absolutely no comparison here.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 06:12 PM
None whatsoever.

YardRat
10-27-2023, 06:34 PM
I agree with pretty much everybody else, the two aren't comparable at all. Even arm strength, Allen has it over Vick.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 06:51 PM
By a country mile.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 06:55 PM
I agree with pretty much everybody else, the two aren't comparable at all. Even arm strength, Allen has it over Vick.

Once again, I’m talking about how it feels to watch them, knowing they can do something amazing or turn the ball over at any second.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 06:57 PM
JA 56/27 win/loss

MV 76/66 win/loss

No contest. Josh Allen wins much more than he loses compared to Vick.

nuff said! :cheers:

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 07:04 PM
Once again, I’m talking about how it feels to watch them, knowing they can do something amazing or turn the ball over at any second.

Yeah but the results. JA has a much higher win % than Vick, so the amazing stuff means more for JA as do his misques mean less.

MikeInRoch
10-27-2023, 07:06 PM
It just really sucks when you ARE invested in the outcome.

I suppose you'd rather just cut him then and move on, if it sucks so much to watch him.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 07:10 PM
I supposed you'd rather just cut him then and move on, if it sucks so much to watch him.

:rofl:

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 07:14 PM
MV: 143 gp, 169 tds, 105 tos

JA: 85 gp, 198 tds, 82 tos

You decide.

Woodman
10-27-2023, 07:28 PM

You decide.

I'm convinced !! :cheers:

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 07:43 PM
I suppose you'd rather just cut him then and move on, if it sucks so much to watch him.

No. All of us lived through the drought years. We know we could do a lot worse. But he’ll never win a Super Bowl.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 07:46 PM

You decide.

82 turnovers in 85 games is .96 turnovers per game.

105 turnovers in 143 games is only .73 turnovers a game.

By your own numbers, Josh turns it over more.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 07:46 PM
No. All of us lived through the drought years. We know we could do a lot worse. But he’ll never win a Super Bowl.

Oh, just go away...

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 07:55 PM

TD to turnover ratio isn't even close. Neither is their winning %. Considering the Bill's are heavily Josh-centric, that high winning % is mostly thanks to Josh.

Any other complaints?

Woodman
10-27-2023, 08:27 PM
Oh, just go away...

What a pain in the do by osh this guy :rofl:

Woodman
10-27-2023, 08:28 PM
TD to turnover ratio isn't even close. Neither is their winning %. Considering the Bill's are heavily Josh-centric, that high winning % is mostly thanks to Josh.

Any other complaints?

Did you just ask that ? :snicker:

Woodman
10-27-2023, 08:30 PM

don't forget the partridge in the pear tree.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 08:43 PM

Any other complaints?
And when we never finish the job, Josh’s turnovers are usually the reason why. You’re literally proving my point. He has a lot of touchdowns but he has a lot of turnovers. When he drops back, you know something is going to happen, just like Vick.

Is Josh better than Vick? Yes, but watching the two is equally as nerve-racking.

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 09:04 PM
And when we never finish the job, Josh’s turnovers are usually the reason why. You’re literally proving my point. He has a lot of touchdowns but he has a lot of turnovers. When he drops back, you know something is going to happen, just like Vick.

Is Josh better than Vick? Yes, but watching the two is equally as nerve-racking.

When they both drop back, they can both be electric. Vick put up empty stats compared to Allen. Josh's tds are more meaningful. And if either QB has to carry their team through the season and into the playoffs on his back, it's Allen. All day long.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 09:07 PM
When they both drop back, they can both be electric. Vick put up empty stats compared to Allen. Josh's tds are more meaningful. And if either QB has to carry their team through the season and into the playoffs on his back, it's Allen. All day long.

And…. You’re still missing the point. None of that makes watching Allen any less stressful.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2023, 09:23 PM
Vick's career Int % - 2.74%

Allen's career Int % - 2.38 %

Vick's career TD% - 4.13%

Allen's careet TD% - 5.43%

Also the same number of championships is meaningless with Vick having played 13 seasons as compared to Allen's 5

Maybe you perceive them as the same - but the numbers and actual results are much different.

Vick has a higher career INT rate and lower career TD rate.

Ingtar33
10-27-2023, 09:24 PM
comparing allen to vick is such an insult to allen.

the better comparison is to elway or favre. he's basically identical to elway with a bit of favre's gunslinger mentality mixed in.

and he's being asked to carry a team far harder then either of them.

Dr. Lecter
10-27-2023, 09:25 PM
And…. You’re still missing the point. None of that makes watching Allen any less stressful.

That is a different claim than comparing him to Vick

sahlensguy
10-27-2023, 09:25 PM

Why not. His winning % is way higher. More wins are gauranteed.

Goobylal
10-27-2023, 09:54 PM
Dumbest thread maybe ever.

OpIv37
10-27-2023, 10:02 PM
That is a different claim than comparing him to Vick

That’s the reason why I was comparing him to Vick.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not. His winning % is way higher. More wins are gauranteed.

But the big wins are not guaranteed cuz he always makes the big mistakes.

Mr. Pink
10-27-2023, 11:03 PM
comparing allen to vick is such an insult to allen.

the better comparison is to elway or favre. he's basically identical to elway with a bit of favre's gunslinger mentality mixed in.

and he's being asked to carry a team far harder then either of them.

Elway in the 80s had nothing offensively.

Allen has Diggs to throw the ball to. Elways leading receiver in 86 was RB Gerald Wilhite. 87? Vance Johnson with a whopping 42 catches. Then there's Mark Jackson that I'm sure some will remember...he had a combined 92 catches the 3 years the Broncos went to the Super Bowl in the 80s.

How about that running game? Sammy Winder led the way, all the while not even averaging 4 ypc.

John Elway was that Broncos entire offense.

Ingtar33
10-27-2023, 11:09 PM
Elway in the 80s had nothing offensively.

Allen has Diggs to throw the ball to. Elways leading receiver in 86 was RB Gerald Wilhite. 87? Vance Johnson with a whopping 42 catches. Then there's Mark Jackson that I'm sure some will remember...he had a combined 92 catches the 3 years the Broncos went to the Super Bowl in the 80s.

How about that running game? Sammy Winder led the way, all the while not even averaging 4 ypc.

John Elway was that Broncos entire offense.

yeah, but he had a **** conference to get through. the AFC was BAD when he was getting to superbowls. take a look at who he played in the playoffs. the best team was the mediocre Browns... who wasn't in the class of any of the playoff teams in the NFC (in the 80's those 90's broncos were great)

Sure, elways had to carry the broncos, but it wasn't a heavy load. I remember watching those seasons personally. I'm sure there are others on this board old enough to remember 80's football. Allen has to carry his squad against insane level of competition. the top 10 teams in the AFC are probably the strongest i've ever seen in a conference in my life the past 5 years.

YardRat
10-28-2023, 06:19 AM
The only thing amazing Vick had the potential for was using his legs, not his arm. He didn't have anywhere near the play-making ability with his passing game that Allen has, not even close.

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 10:44 AM
The only thing amazing Vick had the potential for was using his legs, not his arm. He didn't have anywhere near the play-making ability with his passing game that Allen has, not even close.

Yup. Vick was a terrible passer. He had a career 56.2% completion rate and only posted 2 seasons out of 13 with a completion rate above 60%. That's why this thread is dumb. If anything, Lamar is Vick.

Woodman
10-28-2023, 10:46 AM
It just really sucks when you are invested in the outcome.

Maybe if instead of when should be used in the case of some. :idunno:

Woodman
10-28-2023, 10:48 AM
Yup. Vick was a terrible passer. He had a career 56.2% completion rate and only posted 2 seasons out of 13 with a completion rate above 60%. That's why this thread is dumb. If anything, Lamar is Vick.

Lamar is a much better comparison.

Mad Max
10-28-2023, 04:15 PM
That’s even an insult to Lamar (who overall is much better than Vick). That’s how ridiculous the comparison to Josh is.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 04:20 PM
That’s even an insult to Lamar (who overall is much better than Vick). That’s how ridiculous the comparison to Josh is.

Once again, the comparison is not in ability. It’s that they both have the same lack of ability to protect the ball so every drop-back is nerve-racking.

sahlensguy
10-28-2023, 04:44 PM
Once again, the comparison is not in ability. It’s that they both have the same lack of ability to protect the ball so every drop-back is nerve-racking.

So now you're changing the goalposts. Figures ...

It was about electrifying plays, both positive and negative.

Now it's about the negative.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 04:46 PM
So now you're changing the goalposts. Figures ...

It was about electrifying plays, both positive and negative.

Now it's about the negative.

What do you mean, changing the goalposts? It’s what I said from the beginning. I just tried to phrase it slightly differently because so many people here had their brains break because someone pointed out something negative about their hero.

sahlensguy
10-28-2023, 04:49 PM
What do you mean, changing the goalposts? It’s what I said from the beginning. I just tried to phrase it slightly differently because so many people here had their brains break because someone pointed out something negative about their hero.

You're OP was about bot positive and negative plays. Now you were saying your point is about negative plays. That's not rephrasing the OP, it's changing your point.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 04:52 PM
Btw, I should point this out: based on the numbers that were presented earlier in this thread, Josh’s career average is .96 turnovers per game. He has 8 INT’s and 2 fumbles through 8 games this year, so that number is getting worse, not better.

I honestly can’t believe I’m the only one here who holds my breath ever time it’s 3rd and 9, because I don’t know if Josh is gonna scramble for 25 yards and the 1st, or throw 40 yards downfield into double coverage instead of taking the open man right at the sticks.

sahlensguy
10-28-2023, 04:58 PM
Btw, I should point this out: based on the numbers that were presented earlier in this thread, Josh’s career average is .96 turnovers per game. He has 8 INT’s and 2 fumbles through 8 games this year, so that number is getting worse, not better.

I honestly can’t believe I’m the only one here who holds my breath ever time it’s 3rd and 9, because I don’t know if Josh is gonna scramble for 25 yards and the 1st, or throw 40 yards downfield into double coverage instead of taking the open man right at the sticks.

So I guess you've stopped defending your op and are resorting to criticizing Josh by making a new point to save face.

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 05:01 PM

Huh? He's cut his fumbles way down. As for the INTs, the one against the Bucs was pure luck. Usually those get deflected harmlessly back towards the QB, not back to a mass of humanity, one with no Bills players looking to knock the ball down. Vick was a nerve-racking because he was such a bad passer.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 05:15 PM
Huh? He's cut his fumbles way down. As for the INTs, the one against the Bucs was pure luck. Usually those get deflected harmlessly back towards the QB, not back to a mass of humanity, one with no Bills players looking to knock the ball down. Vick was a nerve-racking because he was such a bad passer.

His career average for turnovers is .96 a game. This year, he has 10 turnovers in just 8 games. So, his turnover numbers are actually going up.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 05:16 PM
So I guess you've stopped defending your op and are resorting to criticizing Josh by making a new point to save face.

Huh? It’s the exact point I was making in my original post.

sukie
10-28-2023, 06:32 PM
His career average for turnovers is .96 a game. This year, he has 10 turnovers in just 8 games. So, his turnover numbers are actually going up.

after game one his turnovers have trended sharply down

Typ0
10-28-2023, 07:04 PM
Is this thread serious?

sahlensguy
10-28-2023, 07:49 PM
Is this thread serious?

No

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 08:05 PM
Is this thread serious?

Yes. Just no one gets it. I said years ago on this board that Michael Vick was fun to watch because you know something interesting was gonna happen- you just didn’t know if it was going to be good or bad for him.

Josh Allen is the same way. If anything, that affect is amplified with Allen because he turns the ball over more than Vick (on a turnovers per game average) but also scores more touchdowns.

Except it isn’t fun cuz I didn’t care about the outcome with Vick. I do with Allen.

I’m absolutely shocked that no one else can see that similarity.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-28-2023, 08:07 PM
Lamar is a much better comparison.

Disagree

lamar Is WAY better than Vick was

poor comparison there too in my opinion

they are both black and fast. The results are far different

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2023, 08:27 PM
Once again, everyone in this thread is wrong, misses the point, and Opi is right.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 08:29 PM
Once again, everyone in this thread is wrong, misses the point, and Opi is right.

You really don’t hold your breath every time Josh drops back just like when Vick played? Do you even watch the Bills? Do you even know how many touchdowns and turnovers Josh is responsible for.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 08:31 PM
Josh is responsible for a lot of good. He’s responsible for a lot of bad too. I think many of you don’t want to accept that.

Typ0
10-28-2023, 08:37 PM

It is his thread.

Forward_Lateral
10-28-2023, 08:56 PM
You really don’t hold your breath every time Josh drops back just like when Vick played? Do you even watch the Bills? Do you even know how many touchdowns and turnovers Josh is responsible for.

I haven’t missed a second of a Bills game in 20 years.

No, I don’t hold my breath every time he drops back. I expect home to complete a pass.

Woodman
10-28-2023, 09:21 PM
You really don’t hold your breath every time Josh drops back
Hell no it's the best part of the game.

Woodman
10-28-2023, 09:26 PM
Disagree

lamar Is WAY better than Vick was

poor comparison there too in my opinion

they are both black and fast. The results are far different

Speed gets them both out of bad situations .... Lamar has the better escapability skill.

Vick is far less comparable to Josh .... Josh does not have the wheels either of them possess.

Josh is just scarier to tackle.

Woodman
10-28-2023, 09:29 PM
I’m absolutely shocked that no one else can see that similarity.
Why do you suppose that is?

Because you're wrong they are nothing alike.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 09:54 PM
I haven’t missed a second of a Bills game in 20 years.

No, I don’t hold my breath every time he drops back. I expect home to complete a pass.

Then you clearly don’t watch the games, because if you did, you’d know he also leads the league in turnovers over the past 5 years.

Your mentality completely ignores how likely he is to commit a turnover.

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 10:06 PM

Josh's TD:TO ratio is 2.2. Vick's was 1.31.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 10:08 PM
Josh's TD:TO ratio is 2.2. Vick's was 1.31.

Ok. Allen scores more touchdowns than Vick but also commits more turnovers. If anything, that amplifies the effect I am talking about.

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 10:33 PM
Ok. Allen scores more touchdowns than Vick but also commits more turnovers. If anything, that amplifies the effect I am talking about.

Huh? Where did you get "commits more turnovers"? And a TD is points definitely scored while a turnover is not necessarily points surrendered. And it's a game of points.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 10:44 PM
Huh? Where did you get "commits more turnovers"? And a TD is points definitely scored while a turnover is not necessarily points surrendered. And it's a game of points.
The numbers were already posted earlier in this thread. Allen averages .96 turnovers per game. Vick averaged .74 turnovers per game.

More touchdowns and more turnovers from Allen compared to Vick. Again, it amplifies the effect.

Goobylal
10-28-2023, 10:58 PM
The numbers were already posted earlier in this thread. Allen averages .96 turnovers per game. Vick averaged .74 turnovers per game.

More touchdowns and more turnovers from Allen compared to Vick. Again, it amplifies the effect.

More TDs is far more important. For every turnover, Josh has .9 more TDs than Vick. Again, that's a definite score whereas a TO is not. Never mind that he throws for more yards than Vick could ever dream of because he was so inaccurate.

OpIv37
10-28-2023, 11:09 PM
More TDs is far more important. For every turnover, Josh has .9 more TDs than Vick. Again, that's a definite score whereas a TO is not. Never mind that he throws for more yards than Vick could ever dream of because he was so inaccurate.

Ok. That was THE WHOLE ****ING POINT of this thread. There’s a high chance that something exciting will happen, be it a turnover or a touchdown.

sahlensguy
10-28-2023, 11:58 PM
:Facepalm:

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2023, 08:04 AM
This whole thread screams of ‘look at meeeeeeeee!’

Typ0
10-29-2023, 08:08 AM
I like to watch porn because it's entertaining.

Debbie Hooters == Josh Allen.

Don't think so....

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 08:10 AM
Debbie Hooters == Josh Allen.

Never heard of it. A hot mess?

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 08:52 AM
Ok. That was THE WHOLE ****ING POINT of this thread. There’s a high chance that something exciting will happen, be it a turnover or a touchdown.

Vick was a RB playing QB. All anyone ever watched him for was to see what exciting plays he'd make with his legs. No one watched to see what he could do with his arm because he was a terrible passer. And no one watched to see if he'd turn the the ball over. I have no idea where that comparison with Josh came from and it's just really dumb.

Typ0
10-29-2023, 09:04 AM
Vick was still a QB who ran around. As a running back he wasn't going to stick it up in there with any seriousness he was going to run around and make people miss.

Josh Allen is a fullback in every sense of the word. Plus, he throws a better ball than anyone ever. He's got to slow down more. His processing gets moving too fast and it hurts everyone.

If Allen is == to Vick he might as well buy a 40FFF bra for the next outing though ....

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2023, 09:10 AM
Then you clearly don’t watch the games, because if you did, you’d know he also leads the league in turnovers over the past 5 years.

Your mentality completely ignores how likely he is to commit a turnover.

He’s also more likely to complete a pass, throw a TD or run for a first down.

Please shut up and go away.

gr8slayer
10-29-2023, 10:43 AM
Allen is an elite QB, Vick was an elite runner.

Prov401
10-29-2023, 01:12 PM

This.

ticatfan
10-29-2023, 01:50 PM

I understood what you were getting at. And you are right, you never know what they are going to do.

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 08:09 PM
He’s also more likely to complete a pass, throw a TD or run for a first down.

Please shut up and go away.

The mistake I made was the thread title. I said Allen was equal to Vick, which is not true. Clearly he’s better. But I stand by the intent of my statement, even though I didn’t articulate it well.

I should have called the thread something like “The Michael Vick effect”, restated when I said years ago about watching Vick, and saying that watching Allen makes me feel the same way.

Yes, Allen will get touchdowns. But he can’t be trusted to protect the ball. He leads the league in turnovers over the last 5 years.

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 08:12 PM
The mistake I made was the thread title. I said Allen was equal to Vick, which is not true. Clearly he’s better. But I stand by the intent of my statement, even though I didn’t articulate it well.

I should have called the thread something like “The Michael Vick effect”, restated when I said years ago about watching Vick, and saying that watching Allen makes me feel the same way.

Yes, Allen will get touchdowns. But he can’t be trusted to protect the ball. He leads the league in turnovers over the last 5 years.

Allen's win % is way better than Vick's. His turnovers aren't as costly as Vick's.

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 08:16 PM
Allen's win % is way better than Vick's. His turnovers aren't as costly as Vick's.

They’re costly enough to keep us from winning anything other than the division. They’re costly enough to have us behind the Fish, Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens and Jags in the AFC.

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 08:24 PM
They’re costly enough to keep us from winning anything other than the division. They’re costly enough to have us behind the Fish, Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens and Jags in the AFC.

Josh is the only reason we've been as good as we've been. Tough to blame him for our failures. But of course you will. Mike Vick couldn't hold Josh jock.

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 08:50 PM
Josh is the only reason we've been as good as we've been. Tough to blame him for our failures. But of course you will. Mike Vick couldn't hold Josh jock.

Homer statement. Josh’s turnovers hold this team back.

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 08:55 PM

LOL! You know nothing about football.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 08:55 PM

Right on! :10:

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 09:04 PM

The Bill's high winning % is mostly because of Josh.

Turnovers hold every team back.

What's you're point?

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 09:38 PM
The Bill's high winning % is mostly because of Josh.

Turnovers hold every team back.

What's your point?
If Josh committed fewer turnovers, we wouldn’t be behind the Fish, Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens and Jags.

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 09:47 PM
If Josh committed fewer turnovers, we wouldn’t be behind the Fish, Chiefs, Bengals, Ravens and Jags.

Why? Mahomes, Tua, Burrows, Jackson, or Lawrence don't turn the ball over?

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 09:48 PM

And why did Vick get left out? Oh yeah, he wasn't in Josh s league.

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 10:01 PM

They don’t lead the league in turnovers over the last 5 years like Josh does. And the point remains. Vick and Josh are the same in the sense that every time they drop back, there is a high likelihood that something interesting will happen. You just don’t know if it will be good or bad.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 10:04 PM

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 10:06 PM

Jackson, Lawrence and Tua haven't gone far in the playoffs. I don't expect that to change much this year. Mahomes obviously has but today was a terrible game for him and they look like they're on the downswing. Burrow has gone far but he's had a far healthier team around him the past few years.

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 10:34 PM
Jackson, Lawrence and Tua haven't gone far in the playoffs. I don't expect that to change much this year. Mahomes obviously has but today was a terrible game for him and they look like they're on the downswing. Burrow has gone far but he's had a far healthier team around him the past few years.

And all of them are still ahead of us in the standings.

sahlensguy
10-29-2023, 10:36 PM

Yeah well, I can't fix that for you. You're on your own to being less miserable.

Goobylal
10-29-2023, 10:42 PM

...and? Is the season over yet? No, it's not.

Ingtar33
10-29-2023, 10:55 PM

guess the qb
the rows are year.

small hint, that's the whole QB's career not a snip

OpIv37
10-29-2023, 11:04 PM
...and? Is the season over yet? No, it's not.

Technically, no. Realistically, yes. There are at least 5 teams in the AFC ahead of us. We MIGHT overtake one or two. There is no objective reason to believe we can overtake all 5.

Ingtar33
10-30-2023, 02:42 AM

guess the qb
the rows are year.

small hint, that's the whole QB's career not a snip

sorry ESPN is broken, just realized how wrong those numbers were

Rating / QBR:
67.9 / 49.8
85.3 / 49.4
107.2 / 76.6
92.2 / 66.3
96.6 / 73.4
101.5 / 77.1

my point is ja is having his best year since 2020, and frankly, his QBR and Rating have been trending up every single year of his career except for that outlier in 2020, and we're having a stupid debate about him not being enough, and never winning the superbowl. christ this is stupid; JA is top 5 in every QB stat this year. you know who isn't? Mahomes, Burrow. guess its time for the chiefs to cut Mahomes he'll never do it again.

Goobylal
10-30-2023, 08:46 AM
Technically, no. Realistically, yes. There are at least 5 teams in the AFC ahead of us. We MIGHT overtake one or two. There is no objective reason to believe we can overtake all 5.

Please. Just a few weeks ago Miami was a juggernaut and then they started playing real teams and losing. Same for the 49'ers.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:50 AM

It's always the bright side with you. :band:

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:51 AM
Please. Just a few weeks ago Miami was a juggernaut and then they started playing real teams and losing. Same for the 49'ers.
The 49ers lose one key guy .... Deebo .... and they turn completely pedestrian.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:54 AM

5 you say could you please pass some of that **** over here. :funny:

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 09:04 AM

:pass:

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:07 AM

https://www.nfl.com/standings/conference/2023/REG

Fish, Chiefs, Ravens, Jags, all objectively ahead of us in the standings. That is undeniable fact.

The only reason the Bengals are behind us is because they’ve already had their bye. They’ll be ahead of us when they beat us on Sunday.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 09:15 AM
https://www.nfl.com/standings/conference/2023/REG

Fish, Chiefs, Ravens, Jags, all objectively ahead of us in the standings. That is undeniable fact.

You said 5 ......... actual facts you are wrong .... just keeping it real for yah.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:19 AM
You said 5 ......... actual facts you are wrong .... just keeping it real for yah.

I was only off by 1.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 09:35 AM
I know it's hard.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:39 AM
I know it's hard.

Point remains. We aren’t catching the 4 that are already ahead of us and at least one more that will be ahead of us after this weekend.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 09:40 AM
Point remains. We aren’t catching the 4 that are already ahead of us and at least one more that will be ahead of us after this weekend.

And it's on Josh Allen. You are truly a joke.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 09:41 AM

Stop saying "We". You are not part of the team. You are a fan, and even that is questionable.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 09:44 AM
I was only off by 1.

That one makes all the difference .....

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:48 AM
Stop saying "We". You are not part of the team. You are a fan, and even that is questionable.

Who cares? Lots of people say “we” even though they’re not actually on the team.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's on Josh Allen. You are truly a joke.

It’s not just on him but his turnovers are a big reason why.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 09:56 AM
It’s not just on him but his turnovers are a big reason why.

The, (1, 2, 3...5) 5 wins are mostly because of Josh.

You're a glass half empty guy or a glass 3/8 empty guy, if I'm doing my math right.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 11:19 AM
The, (1, 2, 3...5) 5 wins are mostly because of Josh.

You're a glass half empty guy or a glass 3/8 empty guy, if I'm doing my math right.

It doesn’t matter. The TO’s negate the TD’s enough that we can’t keep up with the big boys. Josh Allen will never win a SB. I doubt he’ll ever even make it to one.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 11:23 AM
It doesn’t matter. The TO’s negate the TD’s enough that we can’t keep up with the big boys. Josh Allen will never win a SB. I doubt he’ll ever even make it to one.

If JA gets a great team around him, would you change your mind?

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 11:51 AM
If JA gets a great team around him, would you change your mind?

Maybe, but he won’t. The 13 seconds team was the best team he’ll ever have. The cap- including his salary- is gonna catch up with us soon. And by the time we recover, Josh will be too old to perform as he does now.

And that 13 seconds team was lucky with injuries. We won’t have that much luck with injuries again.

Goobylal
10-30-2023, 12:05 PM
The 49ers lose one key guy .... Deebo .... and they turn completely pedestrian.

Yup.

I know it's hard.

Too funny.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 12:15 PM
I'm glad to see this thread went from OPI making an absolute absurd statement, to backpedalling, to now saying Josh Allen stinks, and his turn overs are the reason they haven't won a superbowl.

This is epic.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 12:17 PM
I'm glad to see this thread went from OPI making an absolute absurd statement, to backpedalling, to now saying Josh Allen stinks, and his turn overs are the reason they haven't won a superbowl.

This is epic.

That’s absolutely not what happened or what I said. And once again, if you don’t see how his turnovers are a big part of this team’s problems, then you don’t watch the games.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 12:29 PM
That’s absolutely not what happened or what I said. And once again, if you don’t see how his turnovers are a big part of this team’s problems, then you don’t watch the games.
I love it when you say "You don't watch the games." There's clearly one person in this thread that doesn't watch the games, and it's not me.

Again, it's absolutely what you said. I will no longer respond to you, because I am putting you on ignore, like the rest of the forum should, because your posts are nothing but a waste of both bandwidth and time.

Do yourself a favor and find something in your life that makes you happy, because clearly watching football isn't it.

What an absolute douchecannon

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 12:37 PM
I love it when you say "You don't watch the games." There's clearly one person in this thread that doesn't watch the games, and it's not me.

Again, it's absolutely what you said. I will no longer respond to you, because I am putting you on ignore, like the rest of the forum should, because your posts are nothing but a waste of both bandwidth and time.

Do yourself a favor and find something in your life that makes you happy, because clearly watching football isn't it.

What an absolute douchecannon
How can a fan possibly be happy with this level of underperformance?

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 12:42 PM
How can a fan possibly be happy with this level of underperformance?

Gee idk how they do it. But they do.

Maybe be a glass 5/8 full person and not a glass 3/8 empty one.

It's not rocket science.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 12:46 PM
Gee idk how they do it. But they do.

Maybe be a glass 5/8 full person and not a glass 3/8 empty one.

It's not rocket science.

If you only get 5/8 of the fluid you need, you’re still gonna be thirsty.

If you have to drive 400 miles and you only have 5/8 of a tank, you’re gonna end up stuck on the side of the road.

Sometimes 5/8 isn’t enough.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 12:51 PM
If you only get 5/8 of the fluid you need, you’re still gonna be thirsty.

If you have to drive 400 miles and you only have 5/8 of a tank, you’re gonna end up stuck on the side of the road.

Sometimes 5/8 isn’t enough.

It's a football game. You won't die of thirst or run out of gas if you look at the glass 5/8 full. But if you don't want to see it that way, it can make you miserable.

So that's how some those happy fans do it. They don't take it so seriously, because it's not so serious. But you do you

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 01:36 PM
It's a football game. You won't die of thirst or run out of gas if you look at the glass 5/8 full. But if you don't want to see it that way, it can make you miserable.

So that's how some those happy fans do it. They don't take it so seriously, because it's not so serious. But you do you

And?

People here seem to think that if something is supposed to be entertainment, it’s always going to be good. That’s not how the real world works.

Sometimes the picnic gets rained out.
Sometimes a long anticipated movie turns out to suck.
Sometimes your favorite TV show makes a boring episode.
Sometimes the food or service at the restaurant isn’t good.
Sometimes your sports teams underperform. And if you’re on a message board devoted to that team, it’s dishonest and inaccurate to discuss the team without discussing their flaws.

Deal with it.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 02:07 PM
And?

People here seem to think that if something is supposed to be entertainment, it’s always going to be good. That’s not how the real world works.

Sometimes the picnic gets rained out.
Sometimes a long anticipated movie turns out to suck.
Sometimes your favorite TV show makes a boring episode.
Sometimes the food or service at the restaurant isn’t good.
Sometimes your sports teams underperform. And if you’re on a message board devoted to that team, it’s dishonest and inaccurate to discuss the team without discussing their flaws.

Deal with it.

If you are truly hoping to look at this game in a more positive light, you need to open to it and not stuck in your ways. I didn't say it's always going to be good. Maybe that was an oversight on your part, or you are just being disingenuous.

I said to look at the glass 5/8 full, not 8/8 full. You are still looking at it 3/8 full. A path to happiness and success followed by no one.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 02:13 PM
If you are truly hoping to look at this game in a more positive light, you need to open to it and not stuck in your ways. I didn't say it's always going to be good. Maybe that was an oversight on your part, or you are just being disingenuous.

I said to look at the glass 5/8 full, not 8/8 full. You are still looking at it 3/8 full. A path to happiness and success followed by no one.

See, the problem is that how I look at it vs how you look at it doesn’t matter. 5/8 full isn’t full. 3/8 empty isn’t full. Perspective doesn’t change the fundamental nature.

notacon
10-30-2023, 02:18 PM

Spot on. Opposed to Dani Rojas' constant proclamation that "football is life"....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FDFBG7_0H5I?si=3A4wrA8uMkDCXJAj" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Until he kills the team's mascot greyhound with a penalty shot....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-tGWLXYNCZ8?si=owiFzfmgMmHHfYJv&start=65" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Then goes into as funk and has nightmares that "football is DEATH"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/83HuNj4hByg?si=9dHf-4Rs_DZIG668" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

....is (of course) an apropos parody on over-the-top standing sports are sometimes unrealistically held up to in life. Not for me. I have my priorities sorted out where "football is NOT life"....

When the Bills disappoint and lose the last game of the playoffs (like they did FOUR times in the SB years) it stings for a week or so, and then life goes on, and then I look forward to the next season.

WHEN the Bills finally WIN a SB, it will be great for a week or so, and then life goes on, then I will look forward to the next season.

sukie
10-30-2023, 04:26 PM
This reminds me of that classic thread “Nathan Peterman = Chad Henne” . Which was based on the ever popular “Kelly Holcomb=Byron Leftwich”.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 04:34 PM
See, the problem is that how I look at it vs how you look at it doesn’t matter. 5/8 full isn’t full. 3/8 empty isn’t full. Perspective doesn’t change the fundamental nature.

Of course the fundamental nature doesn't change. It is what it is. Nothing we do will change how they play. The only thing we can affect is how we choose to look at it.

You choose to look at the glass 3/8 empty and then ask, 'How can a fan possibly be happy with this level of underperformance?" The answer is that it is how the fan chooses to percieves that what they can not affect. They look at the glass as 5/8 full.

So, either you are unwilling to change and want to be miserable, or you are just being disingenuous about the whole thing.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 05:43 PM
Of course the fundamental nature doesn't change. It is what it is. Nothing we do will change how they play. The only thing we can affect is how we choose to look at it.

You choose to look at the glass 3/8 empty and then ask, 'How can a fan possibly be happy with this level of underperformance?" The answer is that it is how the fan chooses to percieves that what they can not affect. They look at the glass as 5/8 full.

So, either you are unwilling to change and want to be miserable, or you are just being disingenuous about the whole thing.

Miserable? That’s the other thing. Frustration with an underperforming football team isn’t misery. I don’t know why everyone assumes I’m miserable because I complain about a football team. I’m quite content with my life.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 06:05 PM
Miserable? That’s the other thing. Frustration with an underperforming football team isn’t misery. I don’t know why everyone assumes I’m miserable because I complain about a football team. I’m quite content with my life.

You've taken an absolute stand that JA will never win a SB. That might be about a decade, in you're head, of absolutely not winning a SB. You've decided already. You're calling this content?

I don't believe you.

Unless you're not a Bill's fan.

sukie
10-30-2023, 06:36 PM
Constant complaining comes from a sensation of discomfort or dis-ease.

Happy contentment doesn’t lead to serial complaining.

sahlensguy
10-30-2023, 07:02 PM
Constant complaining comes from a sensation of discomfort or dis-ease.

Happy contentment doesn’t lead to serial complaining.

And the next 10 years with no shot at a SB is what a dummy would say. Or a troll.

Goobylal
10-30-2023, 09:15 PM
Again, people watch Josh to see what he'll do with his arm or his legs. All they watched to see with Vick was what he would do with his legs because his arm was so inaccurate.

OpIv37
10-30-2023, 09:18 PM
You've taken an absolute stand that JA will never win a SB. That might be about a decade, in you're head, of absolutely not winning a SB. You've decided already. You're calling this content?

I don't believe you.

Once again, not being content with the Bills doesn’t mean not being content with life. But facts are facts. Allen had great teams in 21 and 22 and didn’t get the job done. Now, his rookie contract is over. With his salary eating so much of the cap, it’ll be impossible to put that quality of team around him again.

Morse, Miller, Hyde, Poyer, white… they’re aging out.

We’ve got young guys who need to get paid, but there isn’t any cap space because of the guys we’ve already paid. MCBeane aren’t particularly good at drafting.

That’s the reality. The window has closed. Josh won’t win one. He had has chance and didn’t get it done. Your 5/8 doesn’t get us a SB.

I’m 44. The average age of an American male is like 72. If I make it to the average, I’ve got 28 more chances to get a Bills SB. I have 0 confidence that we will get one in my lifetime. Oh well. I’ve gotten a lot of other things I wanted out of life. I’ll be very happy if we get one, but if I die without one, I’ll still be content with my life in general.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2023, 09:58 AM
Sorry I haven't been reading closely enough. Has Op convinced anyone that he's right and every other person is wrong yet?

Goobylal
10-31-2023, 11:02 AM
Sorry I haven't been reading closely enough. Has Op convinced anyone that he's right and every other person is wrong yet?

Has he ever?

sahlensguy
10-31-2023, 11:12 AM
Once again, not being content with the Bills doesn’t mean not being content with life. But facts are facts. Allen had great teams in 21 and 22 and didn’t get the job done. Now, his rookie contract is over. With his salary eating so much of the cap, it’ll be impossible to put that quality of team around him again.

We’ve got young guys who need to get paid, but there isn’t any cap space because of the guys we’ve already paid. MCBeane aren’t particularly good at drafting.

That’s the reality. The window has closed. Josh won’t win one. He had has chance and didn’t get it done. Your 5/8 doesn’t get us a SB.

I’m 44. The average age of an American male is like 72. If I make it to the average, I’ve got 28 more chances to get a Bills SB. I have 0 confidence that we will get one in my lifetime. Oh well. I’ve gotten a lot of other things I wanted out of life. I’ll be very happy if we get one, but if I die without one, I’ll still be content with my life in general.

This is probably my last post in this thread about it. You said in another thread:

****ing A. I am so ****ing sick of people on this board assuming that one’s attitude toward a football team that keeps ****ing up is the same as their attitude toward life in general.

I think you were referring to our conversation here in this thread but if so, you have it wrong. It wasn't me who brought up your life outside of being a fan here. It was you who brought it up.

I was just doubting how any fan who is resolved to not going to a SB for the next decade or so, can call themselves content with that.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 11:17 AM
This is probably my last post in this thread about it. You said in another thread:

I think you were referring to our conversation here in this thread but if so, you have it wrong. It wasn't me who brought up your life outside of being a fan here. It was you who brought it up.

I was just doubting how any fan who is resolved to not going to a SB for the next decade or so, can call themselves content with that.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

See, that's the other thing. People here seem to have to mind-**** themselves into thinking the Bills are better than they are to keep being fans. Fans stick by their team when the team is bad. Some of you seem to only want to be fans if the team is good or if you can ignore the bad enough to think the team is good.

No, I'm not content with the Bills, but because I'm a fan, I'm going to stick with them and not go jump on the bandwagon of one of the teams that are better than us. I'm also not going to mind-**** myself into thinking that 5/8 is good enough.

sahlensguy
10-31-2023, 11:20 AM
See, that's the other thing. People here seem to have to mind-**** themselves into thinking the Bills are better than they are to keep being fans. Fans stick by their team when the team is bad. Some of you seem to only want to be fans if the team is good or if you can ignore the bad enough to think the team is good.

No, I'm not content with the Bills, but because I'm a fan, I'm going to stick with them and not go jump on the bandwagon of one of the teams that are better than us. I'm also not going to mind-**** myself into thinking that 5/8 is good enough.

So, are you going to comment on you're quote I posted from the other thread? Were you pissed off at me for bringing up your personal life, and were you right/wrong about believing so?

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 11:29 AM
So, are you going to comment on you're quote I posted from the other thread? Were you pissed off at me for bringing up your personal life, and were you right/wrong about believing so?

It's not just you. There are multiple people on this board who frequently say I must be a miserable person because I'm willing to discuss the flaws with the Bills, and often they're the same people who say it's just a game and I take it too seriously. It's nonsensical and frustrating.

sahlensguy
10-31-2023, 11:32 AM
It's not just you. There are multiple people on this board who frequently say I must be a miserable person because I'm willing to discuss the flaws with the Bills, and often they're the same people who say it's just a game and I take it too seriously. It's nonsensical and frustrating.

So you think it is me who brings up your personal life.

I'll be clear.

I think you're a miserable fan. And maybe a troll too.

If you want to believe I mean that about you in your personal life. that's on you.

MikeInRoch
10-31-2023, 12:58 PM

It's not that you are "willing to discuss the flaws". It's because your expectations are ridiculous and unrealistic. Allen is a top 5 QB in the NFL. I don't think any neutral rational observer would dispute that. No, he's not number 1. So let's dump on him because he's not 100% perfect.

It's also that your justification for repeating the same stuff over, and over, and over again is basically that "but there are people who are WRONG and they MUST be corrected". Why do you see correcting other people as your job?

sahlensguy
10-31-2023, 01:24 PM
It's not that you are "willing to discuss the flaws". It's because your expectations are ridiculous and unrealistic. Allen is a top 5 QB in the NFL. I don't think any neutral rational observer would dispute that. No, he's not number 1. So let's dump on him because he's not 100% perfect.

It's also that your justification for repeating the same stuff over, and over, and over again is basically that "but there are people who are WRONG and they MUST be corrected". Why do you see correcting other people as your job?

It would be one thing if his points were backed with integrity, but they aren't. He constantly will move the goalposts and even went so far in this thread to say that the title was wrong.

notacon
10-31-2023, 02:01 PM

I don't believe you.

That's why it is an undeniable reality that Opi (and a handful of other here) are QUITTERS of the NTH Degree.

notacon
10-31-2023, 02:06 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Pha8vcqDmBxgsZ41f9/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/bfN5GDQLR2Yip4OOpS/giphy.gif

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 02:49 PM
It would be one thing if his points were backed with integrity, but they aren't. He constantly will move the goalposts and even went so far in this thread to say that the title was wrong.

It was. I never intended to say that JA and Vick were equals in terms of ability. But it’s what I wrote so I have to accept that people took it that way. I did a very poor job of articulating my point.

Most of you probably still wouldn’t agree with me if I had said what I meant to say anyway. I never “moved the goalposts.” My mistake here was not making my point clearly and using the =, not “moving the goalposts.”’

OpIv37
10-31-2023, 02:51 PM

I don’t live around a lot of Bills fans. I don’t like social media, so this is one of the few places I get to discuss the team. I want to do it honestly and accurately. That can’t be done if people are consistently wrong, so if they are, I will consistently correct them.