PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline -What the Bills need the most?

ghz in pittsburgh
10-28-2023, 09:48 PM
The unexpected injuries on defense took its toll. Right now I don't feel like this defense can hold anybody down for long stretches. In NFL, getting a player to start for you via trade deadline is rare. I feel the Bills secondary and linebacking corp are very thin, another injury it could spell real disaster. And the D-line tackles position is already in almost disaster position.

On offense, I feel there is room to improve internally. Sure we can use another establioshed WR - might be easier to get. But overall I feel like pieces are there but the structure from off-season proved to be not working as expected and the fitting of the pieces is still a work in progress.

To me the impact of losing DaQuan Jones felt the most. With him in the lineup, the entire D-line looked to be one of the top one in the leagure. Without him, they can't stop the run and QBs can easily step up and have time to pick off the void left by Milano and White. The Bills have been using Philips in Jones' spot, but Philips looked to me just about done here in Buffalo. Last year you saw him flashed here and there. This year, with a slow start of the shoulder rehab, we got virtually nada from him. Time Settle proved to be just like what he's always been in his career: a backup at best, not a good way to spend your 7 million cap dollars. I had high hopes for Ford to step into the 1 tech DT spot, but he's kind of a disspointment as well; there is a reason he was available well into June as a FA.

Next year I'm pretty sure they will make a pick of 1 tech DT in first 2 days of draft, but we need one right now till the playoff when Jones might return from IR, while the offense is still figuring out itself. I hope Beane can find a quality run stuffer before the end of next Tuesday.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2023, 08:06 AM
Can we trade for a new head coach? A smart one? That’s where I’d start

Mr. Pink
10-29-2023, 01:17 PM
I don't think we make any moves.

Forward_Lateral
10-29-2023, 07:01 PM
Honestly? A stud log jamming DT.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 07:41 PM
Can we trade for a new head coach? A smart one? That’s where I’d start

Funny thing that's where I'd finish.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 07:43 PM
Honestly? A stud log jamming DT.

I would like Leonard Williams if the Giants are moving him.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 07:44 PM
I don't think we make any moves.

CB, LB or DT.

YardRat
10-30-2023, 05:38 AM
DT and corner. I don't think a LBer can come in and contribute quick enough mid-season in this defense.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 06:36 AM
DT and corner. I don't think a LBer can come in and contribute quick enough mid-season in this defense.
Agree.

I think DT is the most important, I'm sure a lot will disagree, but look what's happened since Daquan has been hurt, and when Oliver was out

- - - Updated - - -

I would like Leonard Williams if the Giants are moving him.
I'd take Aaron Donald for half of a season.

Rams might be in fire sale mode if Stafford is going to miss significant time again

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:26 AM
Agree.

I think DT is the most important, I'm sure a lot will disagree, but look what's happened since Daquan has been hurt, and when Oliver was out

- - - Updated - - -

I'd take Aaron Donald for half of a season.

Rams might be in fire sale mode if Stafford is going to miss significant time again

Aaron Donald in a Bills uniform yeah I could live with it.