PDA

View Full Version : First time the Bills are underdog - next Sunday

ghz in pittsburgh
10-29-2023, 07:36 PM
Sunday, October 29Point spread: Bengals -1.5
Point total: 47
Moneyline: Bengals -120, Bills +100

Gotta say though, the Bengals looked healthy. Burrows ran more than I ever saw.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 07:39 PM
Sunday, October 29

Point spread: Bengals -1.5

I'm surprised by such a small number with the history we have against them.

Novacane
10-29-2023, 07:45 PM
They should be.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 07:50 PM
They should be.
When betting odds are considered being home gets you 3 pts.

So if the line is really that low Bengals -1.5 they believe in Vegas that the Bills are gonna show up and be a huge test.

kscdogbillsfan1221
10-29-2023, 07:51 PM
I’ll be there
the bills are 7-10 when I show up (granted a huge portion of those games were during the drought)

BuffaloBlitz83
10-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Sunday, October 29Point spread: Bengals -1.5

If the line closes at -1.5 the books are begging the public to take cincinnati as they vegas will expect me money to a favorite under a fg

Woodman
10-29-2023, 08:27 PM
If the line closes at -1.5 the books are begging the public to take cincinnati as they vegas will expect me money to a favorite under a fg

You get it!

Woodman
10-29-2023, 08:29 PM
I’ll be there
the bills are 7-10 when I show up (granted a huge portion of those games were during the drought)

Awesome represent !!

:gobills:

Patti120
10-29-2023, 08:33 PM
https://www.bengals.com/video/week-8-game-balls-locker-room-celebration-2023-season-49ers

Woodman
10-29-2023, 08:40 PM
https://www.bengals.com/video/week-8-game-balls-locker-room-celebration-2023-season-49ers

Ok I'm ready !!

ghz in pittsburgh
10-29-2023, 09:07 PM
You know what the Bengals are going to do on offense. But their D seemed to have the number on Allen and Mahomes (passing defense wise). That has been my biggest fear.

However, the Bills O-Line is markedly better than last year, and the Bills run game is no longer an after thought. Allen's game has a little subtle change - not as great as his breakout years but his short game better than ever. It is very interesting for me to see where the team is at, against a top team with an equal or greater QB on the other side.

Woodman
10-29-2023, 09:26 PM
You know what the Bengals are going to do on offense. But their D seemed to have the number on Allen and Mahomes (passing defense wise). That has been my biggest fear.

However, the Bills O-Line is markedly better than last year, and the Bills run game is no longer an after thought. Allen's game has a little subtle change - not as great as his breakout years but his short game better than ever. It is very interesting for me to see where the team is at, against a top team with an equal or greater QB on the other side.

We'll need to play our very best similar to the Dolphin game we played earlier ..... gotta stay aggressive all game long and match them whenever they do score and just keep pouring it on .... bring a lunch pail it's gonna be a full day.

YardRat
10-30-2023, 06:04 AM
When betting odds are considered being home gets you 3 pts.

So if the line is really that low Bengals -1.5 they believe in Vegas that the Bills are gonna show up and be a huge test.

I think that's more of a wives tale than anything.

Forward_Lateral
10-30-2023, 06:33 AM
Should be a close game.

I can't believe the NFL would re-schedule a prime time game for both teams on the field where Hamlin almost died a year ago. Both teams probably have PTSD, and this is prob going to bring out a ton of emotions

Historian
10-30-2023, 06:49 AM
Should be a close game.

I can't believe the NFL would re-schedule a prime time game for both teams on the field where Hamlin almost died a year ago. Both teams probably have PTSD, and this is prob going to bring out a ton of emotions

I think the Bills still have PTSD.

I think the Bengals moved on the following week.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:24 AM
I think that's more of a wives tale than anything.

It's like with any sport ........... home field advantage .......... does exist for entertainment purposes only.

sukie
10-30-2023, 09:20 AM
They will be underdogs at KC as well.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 09:29 AM
They will be underdogs at KC as well.

I'm counting on it. :snicker:

ghz in pittsburgh
10-30-2023, 09:50 AM
I know a few guys here in Pittsburgh with a lot of ties to the Bengals. In the past, guys like Mixon is so confident on beating Bills D is that the Bills D was so vanilla, pretty relying on people play it right all the time (mind you when the Bills are doing it right, it is great against average to solid QBs regardless the scheme because you are those QB to make perfect execution time and time again). But the Bengals have a top 3 QB and loads of quality weapons that can execute at high level consistently.

McDermott certainly has changed quite a bit the vanilla perception of the Bills D this season and he needs to do more. Just look at Bengals DC Lou Anarumo who has a limited squad (very comparable to the Bills D personnel wise) but manage to vary things enough to confuse both Mahomes and Allen in the past. Against a more brute force attack of Ravens, he's record is very average.

Now I'm into offense a bit, can we ask Allen to be a bit more like Jackson this week?

Woodman
10-30-2023, 09:52 AM
Now I'm into offense a bit, can we ask Allen to be a bit more like Jackson this week?

I suppose we could ask. :cheers:

ghz in pittsburgh
10-30-2023, 10:14 AM
I suppose we could ask. :cheers:
This is the game they could use Knox. Damn. Imagine a 12 personnel where right side of the O-Line, better run blocking personnel, with Knox and Davis, present a run option where Cook can go inside and outside (he has the speed) and Allen's running may add some hesitation to the middle linebacker just a bit. On the left side where they have the better pass blocking, you put Diggs and Kincaid there, so you challenge the Bengals on whether they are going to leave them 1 on 1 for both while adding more bodies for the right side for the potential running attack. Of course all depends on Allen to make the right read on give the ball to Cook, keep himself, or play action.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 10:33 AM
The line is now Cincinnati -2.5

Woodman
10-30-2023, 10:38 AM
This is the game they could use Knox. Damn. Imagine a 12 personnel where right side of the O-Line, better run blocking personnel, with Knox and Davis, present a run option where Cook can go inside and outside (he has the speed) and Allen's running may add some hesitation to the middle linebacker just a bit. On the left side where they have the better pass blocking, you put Diggs and Kincaid there, so you challenge the Bengals on whether they are going to leave them 1 on 1 for both while adding more bodies for the right side for the potential running attack. Of course all depends on Allen to make the right read on give the ball to Cook, keep himself, or play action.
Would love to have a healthy Knox ........ also a healthy Milano, Jones, White as well as a healthy Harris wouldn't hurt either I suppose.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 03:44 PM
It's Cincinnati -3 ruh roh.

TigerJ
10-30-2023, 08:50 PM
They are pretty even considering Cincinnati gets a few points for being at home.

Woodman
10-30-2023, 08:54 PM
They are pretty even considering Cincinnati gets a few points for being at home.

We are due to play a great game against those guys.

Mr. Pink
10-30-2023, 10:57 PM
Bills will probably be underdogs 3 more times this year.

@KC @Philly and @Miami

If the Cowboys game was in Dallas, it wouldn't have surprised me if we were dogs there too...but we're home so we'll be favored by like 2 points.

Chet
10-31-2023, 06:32 AM
I’ll be there
I advise you get sufficiently soused before the game

Woodman
11-04-2023, 09:42 PM
We are due to play a great game against those guys.

Time for a big offensive effort ..... it's doable.

ghz in pittsburgh
11-05-2023, 08:13 AM
I'm hoping for the 2021 NE games Josh Allen to show up. That's the absolute peak of Josh Allen in my book (not peak season, just peak form). Remember that's against defensive guru Belichick, and after that disaster Monday night game where Mac Jones threw 3 passes and won. We know it is somewhere in him, but we need to bring it out of him from time to time. I don't know the Bengals D today is better than the Pats D two years ago. But one thing for sure: Allen saw everything what the Pats D were trying to do.

Maybe it's Daboll because since he left, Allen has not reached that height ... yet.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Wise guy money came in late on buffalo. Line dropped from 3 to 1.5

Woodman
11-06-2023, 11:55 PM
Wise guy money came in late on buffalo. Line dropped from 3 to 1.5
Not so wise guys.